Start by marking “Tarikshir: The Awakening” as Want to Read:
Tarikshir: The Awakening

Tarikshir: The Awakening

A small princely state in Rajasthan is the last bastion of resistance against the might of the British Empire. While unrest surrounding the sudden death of the king of Devangarh grows, young prince Rudra Pratap Chauhan prepares to ascend the throne.

But the kingdom is in turmoil. The Devangarh army is outnumbered and the British forces are closing in. To make matters worse,
Published August 20th 2018 by Westland

To ask other readers questions about Tarikshir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tarikshir

Vishnu Chevli
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have first seen this book's cover reveal by Westland and I got curious about it. At that time, "Tarikshir - The Awakening" was just released and all I could find on the internet was blurb of the book. Still, I betted on my gut feeling and selection of Westland publishers. And once again I was proven right. The book was a roller coaster ride of multiple genre touches.

The story goes like this after the war of Ramayana, Hanumana had hidden certain secrets and had entrusted the security of human (
Jinesh Jain
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book- Tarikshir- The Awakening
Author- Khayal Patel.

Story of a princely kingdom called Devangarh in Rajasthan.Raja Ravindra was the king, who was preparing for the battle with the British. Raja Ravindra dies a mysterious death while sleeping in his tent made for battle.
After Raja’s death the crown prince Rudra Pratap Chauhan takes over the command of the kingdom.Further investigating his father’s death Rudra unveils many secrets about his kingdom and the links to Tarikshir...

The book is full of
Mishika
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Took me a while to decide on the rating but I think I will stick to 5 because the book was, indeed, amazing!

When I read the blurb, I definitely did not anticipate what I am in for. The narration, the storyline, the execution of the plot - I loved every bit of it! And (bless the author!!) the book was edited. If you have read my previous reviews, you will know how this has been a big big big hindrance for me in the past. Congratulations on this beauty! Aapke khayaal kaafi bentereen hain. :)

The co
MANVI NARANG
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Written by Khayaal Patel - Take a walk back in time of the British India with this new mythological fiction.
Set in the small princely state of Rajasthan, this book will present to you an amalgamation of History, mythology, fiction and ritualistic murders!
Tarikshir, it was the name of the book which piqued my interest in the first place. The overall plot of the book revolved around how the young prince of the Devgarh state, prepares to ascend the throne after his father's death and manages his n
Sadaf sarkar
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
My rating :🌠🌠🌠🌠.5
My review:
The Tarikshir: the awakening by Khayaal Patel was a small intriguing packet of surprises for me and every aspect of the book has been paid attention to and henceforth the beautiful outcome .
Firstly the cover is beautiful and image is detailed and crisp The image in the front is highly relevant but could be understood only after reading the book hence a form of suspense starts for reader even before reading a single word in the book
The description was thought engaging
Thushara (Triobookdragons)
Tarikshir : The Awakening by Khayaal Patel is the first in the series following Rudra Prathap Chauhan, the young king of Devangarh.

Genre : Historical Fiction / Fantasy
My Rating : 4 ⭐s

What I liked :

1. Plot : It was unique and intriguing. The book is fast paced and something or the other is happening every page. It will not bore you. Not at all! New twists and turns and revelations throughout the book!

2. Writing : The writing is very very good. It does reflect the majestic atmosphere of the sto
Booxoul
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
It feels good when you get a book so good that you completely forget your surrounding and when you emerge out of the book, it feels like a whole eternity has passed. Khayaal Patel’s ‘Tarikshir’ is not what I thought it to be, it’s more than that! The book has Godly super powers, Zombies, Black magic and many more such thing. ‘Tarikshir’ is a heady combination of Fantasy fiction, historical fiction, and mythological fiction, all put together to form an amazingly written book.

Khayaal Patel’s ‘Tari
Camelia Bhaskar
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has got some great reviews in less than 15 days I believe. So I went ahead to give it a try and Here are my thoughts.To start with the cover is very beautifully adorned with artistic designs which will not fail to catch your eyes.The title , well is very intriguing and of course I suppose not many or may be no one knows the meaning of TARIKSHIR.

🔵The plot is based in British India basically that tells us the mysterious events that take place in the princely state of the then Rajasthan.

🔵
Rajan
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fantasy makes good stories. In India the fantasy genre draws a lot from mythology and Puranic tales. Khayal Patel wrote a decent story. Ramayan is the greatest story ever written. It is source of inspiration to countless poets/ writers. This story also takes inspiration from Ramayan. However, I want to make it clear at the outset that the story is original creation and only some things are borrowed from Ramayan so as to start the tale.

In the very beginning Valikesh, a simple foot soldier in Rama
_book.poppins_
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hello Beautiful People🌈

Book Review:

Title     : Tarikshir The Awakening.

Author : Khayaal Patel

By Westland Publication

Having a piece of mythological thriller is always Intriguing and with Khayaal Patel's debut novel, one's insatiable expectations from this genre will be quenched.
Not many authors get you gripped with the plot, but this book certainly is one which has a captivating story and kudos to the author for making it evident with a lucid blurb.
This book is enthralling right from it's prologu
Priyanka Goswami
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The cover of the book itself is so much thrilling, that it makes you attracted towards reading this piece of art. The title of the book made me interested more to know about this book. I wanted to know what the word Tarikshir actually meant.

The prologue of the book is close to twenty pages long almost. I have never read such a long prologue of a book ever. The story begins in 1826, in the beautiful state of India, Rajasthan, surrounded by the kingdom of Devangarh. At this time in India, East Ind
Ramya
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book is smartly written, Composed in a style that is easy for everyone to read. From beginning to the end, the details are laid out without dragging on with every description of the action bringing to mind an instant image. Over three hundred pages flies by in no time! But the beginning of the story is somewhat slow paced. However in the middle of the book, Rudra has survived a horrendous experience which makes us to turn the page in high speed.

The supporting cast is fantastic. And some secondar
Harshita Gupta
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
An insatiate monkey called Valikesh found himself at the site of Ravana’s palace after he survived the war between Lord Ram and Ravana’s army. His greed made him detain a powerful red stone charged with wicked properties and it’s when there was a quick glimpse of the evil Tarikshir. The prologue of the book begins with this appealing account but later in the book, there was hardly any comprehensive narrative of who is Tarikshir and his rise. The evil called Tarikshir never came into existence in ...more
Kavya | aworldinpages
Tarikshir is a debut by the author Khayaal Patel. The story is told from the point of view of Rudra, our protagonist, who is a young prince of Devangarh, a small princely state in Rajasthan which also happens to be the last bastion of resistance against the might of the British empire. While unrest surrounding the sudden death of the king of Devangarh grows, young prince Rudra Pratap Chauhan prepares to ascend the throne.

But the kingdom is in turmoil. The Devangarh army is outnumbered and the Br
Rakhi Jayashankar
 fantasy is a genre that could be counted as a two edged sword. There could be only two kinds of reviews -1. Extremely good 2.Extremely Bad -for fantasy. One reading a fantasy cannot have a mediocre liking to it. Hence Khayaal Patel had taken the risk of his life with the book Tarikshir as it is a blend of fantasy, mythology and history.

The mysterious creature looming in shadow has created a suspense so strong that the readers would be hooked to the book. In a Princely state of Devangarh in Raja
MRIDULA
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
|4.0 stars|
Full review @https://ecstaticyetchaotic.wordpress....

When I was asked to review this book, the author had presented me with a question: “Don’t you want to know who Tarikshir is?”

The book ‘Tarikshir: The Awakening’ revolved around that exact question. Tarikshir is a mysterious force that is evil from its very core. Tarikshir has lied dormant for years and his one true desire is to come alive and wreak havoc. The events are set in motion when Valikesh- a monkey in the army of Lord Hanum
Arya P B
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book Review

Title : Tarikshir The Awakening
Author : Khayaal Patel

The first reason of me choosing this book is because of its title, that draw down me into it. After reading the blurb, I was more happy to find it out that it is a mythological book and opted to spent my time with it. I'm always attracted to mythology and fantasy and this one is a mixture of both.

The story take us back to 1800s, a small princely state in Rajasthan. Sudden death of King of Devangarh changes the scene of state and Ru
Tavleen Kaur
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
Tarikshir: The Awakening by Khayaal Patel is a wonderful mix of fantasy, historical fiction and mythology. The book begins in Ravan’s palace where Valikesh, a cowardly vanar obtains a valuable and dangerous gem. The plot then moves on to 1826 where the kingdom of Devangarh, ruled by the Rajputs is under threat from the Britishers. Rudra, the son of Raja Ravindra. We see a lot of clashes between the Rajput family. Pur protagonist, Rudra is torn between being the valiant Rajput fighter that he’s s ...more
Riddhi's Bookworld
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tarikshir by Khayaal Patel is a fantastical take on the world of Indian Mythology. The author has taken the mythology of Ramayana and Lord Hanuman and has blended fantastical elements to create this story.
The thing I love about mythological fiction is that it holds many strange adventures and throughout the journey gives the reader an insight into the vastness of mythology.
The story is set in the 19th century when the British troops have already settled in India, which I feel makes the reader co
BookClickDeo (Deotima)
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sulagna Mondal
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
For full review go to http://www.diaryofabookgirl.in/2018/0...

Never expected this book to turn out to be such an interesting and incredible fantasy fiction. First of all, let me start with the plot. The book being based on something so fictional, while reading it, I constantly felt that this might be real. The author has beautifully crafted a world of demons and hidden powers surrounding the story of Ramayana, that it actually became difficult for me to realise that the book's story has nothing
Ankita Sharma
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Blurb:- The story revolves around a Kingdom called Devanagarh in Rajasthan. Raja Ravindra who is the king dies a mysterious death leaving his son, Rudra to manage and handle the kingdom. Rudra is unsettled with the way his father died and decides to run an investigation. During the investigation he discovers many secrets and sins relating to his kingdom which links to the creature named Tarikshir.

My Review:- The book has an interesting plot with a lot of twist and turns. It surely does meet with
Sourya Dey
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: india
I struggled to finish this book. Firstly, the plot is boring. I have read Indian mythological thrillers before such as Amish's books, and those are good. The storytelling is engaging. This one just isn't. It feels like a feeble and desperate attempt to keep the reader turning pages. Moreover, the language feels like someone just learned how to write good English. I don't mean the grammar is bad, like some other Indian authors I have had the ill-fortune of reading. Not at all, the English is in f ...more
Jeriel Roy
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reading this book was an amazing experience. Tarikshir was a book I wanted to read since a long time. At least two of my close friends read this book and told me it is a must read book for me. It's a blessing to have loving friends to suggest good books.
~
The story is all about a kingdom which is unwilling to surrender to the British. Rudra becomes the ruler in the sudden turn of events and the story that follows is about him unveiling the mystery of Tarikshir which has power to destroy the whole
Abhisikta Basu
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To read the full review click on the link below

'Tarikshir: The Awakening' by Khaayal Patel is an amalgamation of genres- mythology, historical fiction, fantasy which makes the book absolutely phenomenal. The story starts with an avaricious monkey Valikesh who managed to survive the war between Lord Ram and Ravan's army, has come to explore the ruins of the Palace of Ravan in search of treasure. It is here that we get a fleeting glimpse of the evil creature
Shreya Bhatt
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book as part of The Book Genie Review Program.

"A little understanding can go a long way. God has given us, his most cherished creature, the ability to feel for others, to feel their pain and joy and the power for us to share ours."

Tarikshir is a fantasy world well crafted by the writer which takes place after the great war between Ram and Ravana, and the time when India was being colonized by the British. The very beginning of the book is so interesting that you get hooked.

The pa
Purbali
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With the dream of British Empire in India the English East India company comes out as a looming threat to the throne of Devangarh- the king gets killed and the young prince takes charge of the kingdom. With time he discovers a grave secret- Tarikshir the ultimate evil- which can destroy all the three realms.
This is an absolutely stunning story, an amalgamation of history, mythology and fantasy. With a solid plotline, progressive character development, amazing facts and twists at every point- thi
Voidvamp
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
British era, Rajputs, Zombies and Magic.

The book can be categorized between Mythological Fiction, Historic Fiction , Fantasy and a Thriller mystery.
A lot of characters are being developed throughout the story but the author is well focused on our protagonist Rudra a young king of a princely state Devangarh in Rajasthan. Rudra is unalike any other kings. The story revolves around mysterious murder of a king, a mythological creature, a gem, a powerful weapon and a secret society. I will be very
Summaiya
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
TITLE: TARIKSHIR
AUTHOR: KHAYAL PATEL
PUBLISHER WESTLAND BOOKS
PAGES:. 332
RATINGS:. 🌟🌟🌟🌟

This story got different aura for thrill lover. Being new startup Khayal Patel penned it profoundly. Typical Rajputan reign where it leads to consequences later when things unfold in wide way. I didn't expected this much adventure, thrill, mysterious Link, creepy creatures, Mythical effects, greed, power of monotonic were depicted well. When I was 1/4th of story, it completely shook me to see the real villain ov
Geeta Thakkar
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
MY REVIEW:

One of those mind blowing page turners which is going to get you hooked from the very first page.

Tarikshir is the debut novel of the author Khayal Patel and he has done an amazing job. The author has just raised the bars for all the Indian authors. I must tell you the author has got an impeccable writing style. His imagination and narrations will blow your mind. The book touches so many genres - Mythology, horror, history, suspense, fantasy, mystery, politics, love, action, and you can
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »