Start by marking “Fool Me Once” as Want to Read:
Fool Me Once

Fool Me Once

In life you’re lead to believe that soulmates can appear in the most unlikely of places. You’ll meet a handsome stranger and know in that single moment he’s who you were meant to be with.

They’ll be your forever.

That wasn’t my story with Carter. Our love wasn’t instant and our demise seemed inevitable.

But then Nate enters my life when I least expect it and begins to battle
Kindle Edition
Published September 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Fool Me Once, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fool Me Once

Tracy *To the point Reviews*
DNF

Yes, I know. I have many DNF in the past weeks. I guess it comes down to capturing my interest at the get go. I had a hard time catching feels for Carter. And I didn't feel any chemistry between him and the heroine.

(view spoiler)
Danielle S.
Lexi meets Carter in an unusual circumstance. He's charming and charismatic and she's done for almost immediately. Their whirlwind romance takes a dramatic turn, I'd like to say unexpectedly, but I think I kinda saw it coming.

Fast forward a few years... Lexi is now guarded and alone. Well, not really alone Carter did leave her with the ultimate parting gift ;) But the number he did on her heart leaves her hesitant to say the least, so when Nate walks into her store and asks her out, she says no.
Tasha Talks Books Blog
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are those Authors that you can read and love. Then there is Brittany. Where every single book of hers makes you yearn to read more. This book is phenomenal and right up there in my Top 5 Books of the year. Brittany is my bitch and totally took this book and made it her bitch! This is a must-read. I love you, Nate. Till death do us part baby! ----Tasha Talks Books Blog
Tre Talbot
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow wow WOW! There’s no doubt in my mind that I’m #TeamNate all the way I know there are loads of #TeamCarter out there too but Nate has won me over from the beginning. Lexi is strong and wears her heart on her sleeve, she has been through so much and yet is still standing tall. This story pulls at your heartstrings without a doubt and there are moments that had me gasping outloud covering my mouth as I continue to read. I was left in ears towards the end of this book and still can’t believe how ...more
Charlotte
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lexie has a terrible day then a waiter at lunch is a total jerk! Come to find out, that waiter at lunch is the host of a joke show. Carter has to find Lexie after she punched him in the nose at the restaurant because he just has to know more.
There are some scenes in here. This is a twisty take about a love one female finding the one person she loves. This is well written. There were a few times I would have liked to reach through these pages to smack Lexie for her choices, but that just shows th
Karen
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Teresa Lara
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this amazing beautiful intense heartwrenching beautiful love story of Carter and Lexi heartstopping couldn't put it down.
Jenny Prose
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Review Coming Soon...
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again Brittany has not disappointed, as always her witty sense of humor comes shining through in the book.
You get lots of lovable characters, lust, passion, heartbreak, forgiveness, love and WTF do I do moments, and then there's Hazel I love her to pieces.

Lexi is a strong willed independent woman, knows what she wants in life until Carter comes along he changes her future drastically then turns her world upside down.
Carter thinks he knows what he wants, but is it really what his hearts de
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy and voluntarily left a review and all opinions are my own.

Wow! I thought I loved Brittany Crowley's books about the Cage brothers but nothing compares to the depth and emotions that she shows us in her newest book Fool Me Once. I couldn't help but become permanently intertwined in Lexi, Carter, and Nate's fictional world and feel my emotions be tossed to and fro like the waves of the sea with all the angst and feelings that develop between them. While I am not a big fan of lov
Chasing The Words  Book Blog
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fool Me Once has taken Brittany Crowley’s writing to a whole new level. Gone is the angsty MMA books and BAM welcome sweet, sexy, romance with lots of drama with some twists and turns.
Don’t get me wrong I love everything Brittany Crowley but this book just had me from the first word all the way to the end and I wasn’t sure my heart was going to survive.

Gotta start off with this quote. Here I thought my fears were pretty bad but damn Lexi, girl how can you be afraid of Jelly Beans? This quote h
Shasta Hope
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I Voluntarily Reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book!!

Brittany! I so love you for writing this story. While in the past you have graced us with your humor, in this book you graced us with the amount of depth of love and patience. It was a little different from what I am used to with you. Yet, I fell in love between every page. While I was disappointed with Carter, I never really hated him. Which means that you created his charachter with a fine tooth comb and allowed the readers to embrac
Brandy Roberts
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm such a huge fan of Brittany Crowley and I was a bit hesitant because I don't like love triangles but I love the authors writing and I'm so happy that I gave this a chance even though it did tare pieces of my heart out at times . One of the many things that I enjoy about the author is the humor she brings even though at times things would be serious we get that umph of funny . I don't want to give to much away because even though the experience will brake you it may put it back together .
cop
Thuy Taylor
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lexi and Carter meet right off the intro to the book! Its funny, infuritating, silly, what a draw in. He works her to cave on going out on a date with him. She caves and starts to fall in with Carter. They have a sweet relationship that goes on for a few months. Carter and Lexi carry on a long distance relationship and it works but things happen, and they don't work out.

Time passes, and she is back home, successfully running her jewelry line. She doesn't want to fall in deep with anyone, she's b
Teri
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was in love with this author's book before but this one has completely stolen my heart. This is so different from her work but it still shows so much of her character and charm and nerdiness. Throughout the book I kept a goofy look on my face and as much as I loved Carter and his pursuit of her I can't help but be all team Nate. Swept up in the thrill of what she shared with Carter she has to stop and figure out if he is what she wants or if she has truly found her heart in Nate. I absolutely ...more
Sue
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I hate to say this is Brittany Crowley's best book to date because I truly love everything I have read by her, but in this case I have to say it is MY favorite to date. What started out as a comedy of errors became what Lexi thought was her love of a lifetime with Carter, but left her with so many doubts, not about who she is, but about what her future holds. When years go by and she still can't seem to pull the trigger on relationships, Nick steps in to become what she needs, her friend. The st ...more
Jackie Deans Zielke
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One word! Amazing! This book has you hooked from page one. This book will have you saying WTF? I was so hooked on Carter and thinking where does one find a man like that. You know, too good to be true? Well boom! Then along comes Nate. And, I’m like, wait where does one meet that kind of man? I love a twist that comes along . This author made this twist a good one. I like that you are trying to figure it out but ?? Bravo, well done. From that point on my stomach was in knots. I never wavered in ...more
Lauren
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lexi, a jewelry maker living in the small coastal town she grew up in, meets Carter, a TV prankster who pursues her for several weeks before she agrees to go out with him. He's in town for a few months and there is a whirlwind romance and Lexi thinks that it's possible she found the one. This romance ends without closure for either party and years later, Lexi meets Nate. Nate also wormed his way into her heart after she thought she was done with romance. As Lexi and Nate get serious, Carter show ...more
Chasidy
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fool Me Once is my first ready by Brittany Crowley and it will not be my last. It captured me from the very beginning and I did not want to put it down.

Lexi and Carter have an unconventional meeting and their chemistry is evident from the very beginning. They fall head over heals for each other until a wrench is thrown into their plans. Carter isn’t prepared and their relationship ends.

Fast forward years down the road and Lexi has closed herself off to the dating world after her last relationshi
Bonnie
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bravo!!!! This book was exciting, hot, and swoon worthy to where you were either cheering or wanting to kick some male butt!!! This book can have you laughing, crying and also white knuckles , figuring out what the heck is going to happen next!!! So worth putting the kids to bed late so that I could finish the story to see what happens !!! Simply Amazing!! Pat yourself on your back , you did it !!! Ladies you gotta read this book, you won't be disappointed!!! This book reviewed by a Book Loving ...more
Nikki
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So this book drew me in as the cover alone is stunning... i had no clue what it was about as i didnt read the blurb.. and wow it did not disappoint one bit!
Brittany Crowley does it again giving us yet another fab read!
All i can say is emotions emotions emotions galore throughout this whole book.... it had me hooked pretty instantly and although i tried not to read it too quick i couldnt wait to see how the story played out.
Lexi finds herself falling in love with Carter but when an unexpected
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Laid-back Book Bitches
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Have I mentioned how much I love this author? You nailed this book! This book was exciting, hot, and swoon worthy. This book will have you laughing, crying and on the edge of your seat trying figuring out what the heck is going to happen next!! The only word I could think of that even comes close to describe this book is AMAZING. I have no regrets for planning a play date for my kids so I could read this uninterrupted. Guys you will not want to miss this book!
Sherry
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Incredible
I love this so much, Brittany has a way of making her characters so warm, loving and caring. The depths of that love coming thru her writing is just incredible. Nate's love for his soon to be family, Carter's betrayal of Lex's love, and finally a satisfying conclusion to the story line. A perfect journey and start of a new living family. Thanks Brittany you did it again.
Beth
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Trying to recall if I have read anything from Brittany?? can't recall? nope, i just am recalling her name, a newbie author to me.... interesting!!! loved the cover, awesome read, i love the humor and silliness .. .. guess u might call it sarcastic or what not? I look forward to reading more from Brittany and hopefully from similar characters or suchness. can't wait. ( ;
Jamie
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such a great book. I loved all of the characters. Carter and Nate both have feelings for Lex . Lex has a important choice to make, which man does she give her heart to for safe keeping? It will be a tough choice as both men have great qualities. You may think you have her choice of the guys figured out , but in the end you maybe suprised.
Sammi D
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The passion, love and emotion that fool me once makes you feel is just amazing. Brittany never fails to amaze me with her talent and ability to hit me in the feels. The further I got in the book the more connected I felt with the characters.
Fool me once has officially been added to my frequently reread pile!
Spring Branch
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing by far my favorite so far and that’s hard because all of her books are amazing. This book will draw you in and keep you there. I thought I loved carter but nate was amazing I hope carter gets his book though. Great job on this one...
Beth Hurley
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book deserves 10 or more stars!! I was hooked from the first page until the last I couldn't put it down until I was finished!! This book was EVERYTHING!! Favorite read this year and everyone needs to read it. The emotional rollercoaster the author took me on with this one was wow just wow. This book left me speechless. Love triangles are my fave books to read but this one was so different and so good. I didn't want it to end I kept flipping for more pages. Go get this book now.
Danielle Robbins
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fool Me Once was a great read! This might be my favorite by Brittany Crowley. I loved Lexi and Nate and hated Carter! I wanted to punch him a few times. Nate was sexy and so swoony! I want my own Nate! Lexi was strong and independent. Lexi and Nate had amazing chemistry. They were perfect together! Definitely recommend this!
Romance Retreat: Fool Me Once by Brittany Crowley 1 9 Oct 22, 2018 09:51AM

• Day 31
  • Ticked (Don't Judge A Book #3)
  • Tray (Hell's Harlem, #2)
  • Love Doctor
  • The Life We Wanted
  • Coming Together (Welcome to Carson, #2)
  • Amazing Grayson (#MyNewLife #3)
  • Unbroken Promises
  • Rebel Heart
  • Hardwired
  • One Night Only
  • Touched (Untouched #2)
  • Smuttily Ever After
  • Lead Security (Rogue Security and Investigation, #3)
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Deviate (Love After Loss #2)
  • Sin and Cider
  • Heart's Insanity (Angel Fire Rock Romance, #1)
Brittany Crowley was born and raised in Massachusetts. She still lives there today with her husband and 3 kids. Getting into the world of romance after she had her first child, she was hooked. Though she had many ideas in her head, Brittany was unsure if she had what it took to become a writer. A few encouraging words and one writing challenge later, she completed her first book. Now you can find ...more