Start by marking “The Dame Was Trouble” as Want to Read:

The Dame Was Trouble
A collection of Canadian Crime Fiction from the best and brightest female crime writers that the Great White North has to offer. From noir to hardboiled, and thriller to cozy mystery, these Dames know how to tell tales to thrill, chill and KILL.
FEATURING NEW AND EXCITING TALES FROM:
Kelley Armstrong(#1 New York Timesbestselling author of Otherworld an
Published August 3rd 2018 by Coffin Hop Press LTD (first published July 24th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Dame Was Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dame Was Trouble

Start your review of The Dame Was Trouble
Wanda
There is nothing like a dame.

Especially when she’s running her own life, marching to her own tune, doing her own thing.

Great detective stories, almost all of which I really enjoyed. There were two that I felt a bit “meh” about, but by and large they were very entertaining. I especially enjoyed reading stories set in my own country. And populated by women who aren’t the slightest bit hesitant about supporting themselves and running their own lives.

Sisters are doin’ it for themselves! Plus, most
Dario Sciola
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The last time I attended a science fiction convention (remember those non-social distancing events?) I visited my favorite travelling bookstore to pick up a few books but this time I had a hankering for something different. I’ve been watching a lot of classic Film Noir recently read and was in the mood for more of those gumshoe goodies. As luck would have it among the piles of books stood out a seductive fedora capped doll and the title The Dame Was Trouble. Trouble notably being in bloody red a ...more
Christine
Exhilarating. That's the best way to describe this collection of short crime fiction written by all female authors, with all female protagonists, conceptualized and realized by Canadian publisher Coffin Hop Press. I couldn't put this book down, so let's get into the stories:
Indispensable by Kelley Armstrong – what starts out as the classic private eye noir tale takes an unexpected twist as we delve into the life of the detective's ambitious secretary, Ivy.
Playing Dead by Elle Wild – Japanese non
Rose
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Some short story's in this book are good and some quite bad. It's that kind of book you keep reading because you are really hoping it will get better but it never does.

I liked the short story written by Kelley Armstrong and a few others but the rest of it was bad.
Dorothy
Noir is a mood. And in the dark alleys and rundown bars, where grifters, loners, and the dissolute can be found there is the Shamus, and the Dame. With legs until next week, sultry eyes that draw you in, a figure that won’t quit, she is “a wisp of cigarette smoke winding past a mostly-empty whiskey bottle”. If the Shamus falls hard, she becomes the femme fatale of the piece; the embodiment of suspicion towards female sexuality. She snares, she traps.

In this collection of 16 stories the Dame is a
Aug 08, 2018
Lauren
Sep 22, 2018
Barbara
rated it did not like it
Jul 08, 2019
Sep 23, 2020
Kathy Doll
Oct 14, 2018
Pat Flewwelling
Aug 08, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Joy Norstrom

• Dangerous Visions 2
  • I Have No Mouth & I Must Scream
  • Phoenix Without Ashes
  • Dream Corridor, Volume 2
  • Darktown (Darktown, #1)
  • Bloodletting & Miraculous Cures
  • The Shape of Family
  • Pulp Literature Autumn 2018: Issue 20
  • Genesis: The Deep Origin of Societies
  • The Regency Years: During Which Jane Austen Writes, Napoleon Fights, Byron Makes Love, and Britain Becomes Modern
  • Betrayal in Death (In Death, #12)
  • The Secret to Hummingbird Cake
  • The Ghost Box
  • The Ghost Box II
  • Trick or Treat Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #3)