Start by marking “Down Time (I Hunt Killers, #0.1)” as Want to Read:
Down Time (I Hunt Killers, #0.1)

Down Time

(I Hunt Killers 0.1)

Billy Dent is the world's most notorious serial killer, but even killers need to go on vacation sometimes. When a mysterious death occurs in the hotel where Billy is staying, his "job" seems to call. Will his vacation truly be down time for him after all?
Published August 7th 2018 by Hachette

To ask other readers questions about Down Time, please sign up.
Barry Lyga Nope. The economics of print don’t work for shorter pieces. That’s why all of the prequels have been e-only.

Matt
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Matt by: Mariah Roze
When a friend told me about the Jasper Dent series, I was intrigued. Now, with a little time on my hands, I thought that I would binge the collection to see what I think for myself. It all starts with a slew of short stories, which will seemingly lay the groundwork for the full-novel trilogy. Being the chronological fiend that I am, I thought beginning with the earliest piece (time period, not published) made the most sense. In this short story, Lyga provides the reader with a tale whose focus i ...more
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Absolutely loved this! So fun (and eerie) to get inside Billy's head.

Although this occurs before the first book in the series starts, this is definitely one that you can't read first as it gives away too many spoilers for book three. Definitely worth your time to read though and fans of the series are going to love it.
Darcy
Aug 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, audio-book
For the rest of the series Billy had been the bogeyman, so it was interesting to see Billy like this. On vacation, living his life. Trying to hide what he was at his core. I liked seeing Billy panic, trying to find ways to hid what he was part of and of course Billy came out fine. What did surprise me was the note left for Billy.
B220
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Any IHK story is brilliant in my opinion. We need more!!!!!!!!!
Steven R. McEvoy
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I Hunt Killers came out in 2012 it blew me away. It is one of my favorite books and series and I average well over 100 books a year. The IHK trilogy is comprised of: I Hunt Killers, Game and Blood of My Blood, and now this story is the fifth IHK short story or Novella's. The others are: Lucky Day, Career Day, Neutral Mask and Blood Boy. This is a new story and set well before any of the others in the series. I was under the impression that the IHK series had run its course. It looks like we ...more
Daniel
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads

In this prequel novella to the I Hunt Killers trilogy, bestselling author Barry Lyga crafts a creepy, intricately plotted mystery.

This novella and review probably won't mean much to you if you haven't read the I Hunt Killers Trilogy. And you definitely shouldn't read if you haven't read the books either, because the novella contains some spoilers for the entire premise of the trilogy.

Also, this review may, subsequently, contain spoilers for the trilogy as well. You have been warned.

This is a nov
Lillian
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
As far as literary characters go, Jasper “Jazz” Dent had the distinction of becoming one of my all time favorite fictional teens, followed closely by Artemis Fowl – though Artemis started as a tween, my favorite tween resides in Moon Base Alpha. This prequel to Barry Lyga’s I Hunt Killers is a gem, a diamond in the rough. Not so surprisingly as exquisite at the other four prequel stories.

This story features the last man to ever be considered “father of the year,” Billy Dent. Mass, murdering, se
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A totally different Billy Dent?

" There was only one way to solve the problem, Billy realized. Without intending to, he chuckled at the very thought. "

When Billy goes on vacation to have some down time, a mysterious death occurs in the hotel, where he is staying. But what did he have to do with this? Did he have anything to do with it, at all? And what is he going to do about it, now?

I especially enjoyed that this book shows us a different side of Billy by kind of changing his role to something
Claudia
BARRY LYGA!! OMG. What a last line!

I got the audible of this short novel and was creeped out. The narrator gives Billy a slightly southern/western drawl with just a bit of menace. And he does a great job portraying 'Inside Billy' and 'Outside Billy.'

This prequel to I HUNT KILLERS has Billy Dent, the serial killer with no conscience, as the main character. He's taking some time off, building his outside Billy persona, in preparation for his next....murder.

But...he gets involved in a murder that
bjneary
Oh did I love this I Hunt Killers prequel!!! Billy Dent, the serial killer is mesmerizing as he discusses his life, his son, Jasper and in this prequel - how he shows the world outside Bill - normal and taking a vacation. Reading this reminds me how much I loved this series and want to revisit Jasper - definitely not Billy. A great teaser, Lyga is the best when it comes to describing serial killer crazy and demented!
Elsa Munoz
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Billy Dent strikes again!!!

Wow!! This short story definitely delivered a punch! Billy might have gone on vacation but murder sure didn't. The short story definitely left me guessing til the end! Loved it!
Tyi
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Seeing how Billy Dent's mind work was really disturbing. He was always one step ahead. He definitely knew the difference between a killer and a cold calculated killer. I know that he was the latter. I'm going to diving into Jasper's series soon.
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad! A fun little short. I couldn't get into I Hunt Killers because I felt Jazz was too hard to connect with but the same tone of voice is used for Billy in this, and with him, it works well.
Louisa
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, this was a fantastic short story, loved being in Billy's awful head! Set when Jasper's 10, so before his dad was captured, this adventure happens when Billy takes a vacation. Great story!
Cherie
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love Lyga

Barry Lyga is my favorite author when I need to read about a serial killer with a warped sense of humor. Billy Dent you're awesome.
Katie
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. Solid story - contains some surprising and (maybe?) vital information about Jazz's mother.
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
I missed this world and writer so much.
Mimi Schweid
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was lovely to step back into this world even if it was with the nutjob that is Billy Dent. This just makes me want more of this series and an itch to reread the trilogy.
Tom Britton
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick read from everyone fav psychopath Bill Dent . If you enjoy I hunt for killers . You will enjoy this
Cheryl
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quick Read

It wasn’t bad, and read it in short time. If it was a tv show, it would have been a single episode.
Kaycee
Oct 06, 2018
Monika
Oct 05, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Blood of Before  (The Bones of the Earth, #0.1)
  • Sinner: A Prequel to the Mongoliad (Foreworld)
  • Zombies vs The Living Dead (Surviving The Evacuation #0.5)
  • Black Beauty (Everleaf #0.5)
  • Creatus (They Exist) (Creatus, #0.5)
  • Chasing Truth (Eleanor Ames, #1)
  • Sleep Baby Sleep (Pieter Vos, #4)
  • Hunting Che: How a U.S. Special Forces Team Helped Capture the World's Most Famous Revolutionary
  • Extinction Red Line (The Extinction Cycle #0.5)
  • The First 3 Hercule Poirot Mysteries: The Mysterious Affair at Styles / Murder on the Links / Poirot Investigates
  • True Beginnings (True, #2)
  • The Deep End
  • 117 Days: An Account of Confinement and Interrogation Under the South African 90-Day Detention Law
  • The Tango (Sexual Awakenings, #2)
  • Dansen in de hemel
  • Return to the Dark House (Dark House, #2)
  • Ulterior Designs (House of Evans, #1)
  • Elke dag een druppel gif
Barry Lyga is a recovering comic book geek. According to Kirkus, he's also a "YA rebel-author." Somehow, the two just don't seem to go together to him.

When he was a kid, everyone told him that comic books were garbage and would rot his brain, but he had the last laugh. Raised on a steady diet of comics, he worked in the comic book industry for ten years, but now writes full-time because, well, wou

I Hunt Killers (3 books)
  • I Hunt Killers (I Hunt Killers, #1)
  • Game (I Hunt Killers, #2)
  • Blood of My Blood (I Hunt Killers, #3)