Start by marking “Think Like Sherlock: Creatively Solve Problems, Think with Clarity, Make Insightful Observations & Deductions, and Develop Quick & Accurate Instincts” as Want to Read:

Instantly have flashes of genius, solve mysteries, read people’s minds, and size up situations. Well, sort of...
Sherlock Holmes, famous detective of 221 Baker Street, is one of literature’s most beloved figures. Why? Because he is able to unravel a complex story from simple observation, perception, creative thinking, and problem-solving.

No book can make you Sherlock.
Published July 31st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Think Like Sherlock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Think Like Sherlock

Start your review of Think Like Sherlock: Creatively Solve Problems, Think with Clarity, Make Insightful Observations & Deductions, and Develop Quick & Accurate Instincts
Roy Murry
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Think Like Sherlock
Peter Hollins

Reviewed by Roy Murry, Author

“Education never ends, Watson. It is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, His Last Bow

Hollins' book of how to think correctly is full of educational information a young person should read and delve in. I was lucky enough to be trained by the best (Special Forces) at JFK Psychological Warfare Center in 1968 as my first education after High School, so some of the principles he writes about I knew.

Ho
Hannah
I’m sure this is a very helpful book for people who are looking for this sort of thing, but I feel misled. I picked up this book thinking it would give me insight into how Holmes makes his famous deductions by telling me how to spot a liar and showing me how to gather information from footprints. It definitely did not. While a lot of the information was useful, it wasn’t what I was looking for. Favorite quote: “Boil that pasta and don’t look back.”
Andy
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Think Like Sherlock

Good book with a new list of ideas to get you thinking. I have taken notes and plan on implementing some of the techniques. I think some of the examples on how to effectively utilize the techniques could be better worked. It is a quick read and provides good ideas. I do recommend it.
Wade Sarver
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Critical thinking guidelines

This book references Sherlock Holmes in the way he thinks. It’s really about different ways to approach problems than solving mysteries.
Good tips but the Sherlock reference is fleeting.
Helfren Filex
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
Read this book and the use of SCAMPERs as well as reverse engineering a problem coupled with the way doctor's diagnosis happens, really amps up the normal way of thinking closer to Sherlock-like capability.
Nisar
Apr 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Good work....

It says lot of ways to tackle the problem that may arise with examples, not sure how i am going to use it, but it was very interesting and explained very well with examples..

Waiting for the next problem to come, to wear the Sherlock Holmes hat :)
Γιώργος Δάμτσιος
Γενικά δεν με ενθουσιάζουν αυτά τα βιβλία. Όμως έπεσε τυχαία στα χέρια μου (μαζί με άλλα τρία παρόμοια) και έτσι το διάβασα. Οπότε ξεκάθαρα δεν είμαι ο κατάλληλος να πω πολλά για αυτό. Προφανώς πάντως το συγκεκριμένο είδος έχει το δικό του κοινό...
Phuong-Anh Ly
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Nothing's new but the book is a good reminder of what I've read somewhere.
Joseph Sams
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good Read

Very insightful with suggesting tips on how to solve life's everyday problems. I would recommend to those who struggle with decision making.
Jahangeer
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Book, must read

I have gained a lot by reading this book and will surely try to train myself on various aspects discussed in this book.
Thank you Peter!
Chinchilla_clouds
Συμπαθητική προσπάθεια, αλλά ίσως να ενδιέφερε κάποιον που ασχολείται με τον τομέα των επιχειρήσεων περισσότερο απο εμένα, ως μια μικρή εισαγωγή στην καλύτερη διαχείριση και λύση προβλημάτων μέσα σε αυτές.
David
May 14, 2019
Mark Mengel
Oct 01, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Wisdom of Psychopaths: What Saints, Spies, and Serial Killers Can Teach Us About Success
  • Ψυχο-λογικά μυστικά που μακάρι να γνώριζα νωρίτερα
  • How To Think Like Sherlock
  • The Coaching Habit: Say Less, Ask More & Change the Way You Lead Forever
  • The Achievement Habit: Stop Wishing, Start Doing, and Take Command of Your Life
  • Meet Maslow: How Understanding the Priorities of Those Around Us Can Lead To Harmony And Improvement
  • The Art Of Thinking In Systems: Improve Your Logic, Think More Critically, And Use Proven Systems To Solve Your Problems - Strategic Planning For Everyday Life
  • Failing Forward: Turning Mistakes Into Stepping Stones for Success
  • The Magic Feeling Which Creates Instant Manifestations
  • Banned Mind Control
  • Mastermind: How to Think Like Sherlock Holmes
  • The Premonition Code
  • Real Magic: Ancient Wisdom, Modern Science, and a Guide to the Secret Power of the Universe
  • You Need to Be a Little Crazy: The Truth about Starting and Growing Your Business
Peter Hollins is a bestselling author, human psychology researcher, and a student of the human condition. He possesses a BS in psychology and a graduate degree.