Start by marking “Walk With Wings” as Want to Read:
Walk With Wings

Walk With Wings

Published July 1st 2018 by The Good Quote Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Walk With Wings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walk With Wings

Start your review of Walk With Wings
Jessica
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This was such an inspiring poetry collection!

The book is divided into 5 sections each with its own theme. My favorite was Monsoon Love, which was the shortest section but it was filled with love poems. I have a thing for romantic poems. I am such a sucker for them. A lot of poems from this section reminded me of Michael Faudet and Lang Leav’s poetry. The following sections were very reminiscent of Rupi Kau
Brittney Andrews (beabookworm)
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
"I believe in the woman I am striving to become."

Damn, I devoured this is one sitting.

Thank you so much, Tene, for sending me a copy of your collection! These poems were empowering, written from the heart and left me so inspired to BE a better person -- not just for others, but also myself! Keep sharing your talent with the world because I look forward to reading more by you.

BE BRAVE

"You can train as hard as you like,
but you will never know your strengths
until you face the ring."

MIND GAMES

"
Mefab✨
Jul 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Brilliant! When was the last time that I have read a good poetry? I can't recall. This book is it! It's beautiful and brilliant and all the good.

"I miss the way you loved me,
but I don’t want you back,
because the way you crushed me,
I will never forget."

Can we please appreciate how beautifully she die justice to the words💕

"Playing blind to the truth is self-abuse.
You know your worth - I know you do.
So trust the signs - they speak the truth."

Just wow🔥 Poetry is to convey hard raw emotions to
Anika  | Chapters of May
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully uplifting poetry collection exploring love, loss, and inner strength.
Though the verses are short, their power is unequivocally clear. There are five sections to the collection: Monsoon Love, Winter Sorrow, Autumn Grace, Spring Resilient, and Summer Freedom.

I really struggle to pick just one as my favourite, as each have poems that stand out and carry. But some of my favourite poems are:
Celebrate Yourself
Appreciation

It’s pret
Emilie Emzbooksandco
2.5/5

Poetry is very very subjective, and very personal. So please, take the next words with caution, and try to understand my point. With this book, I had the impression to read quotes rather than poetry. Maybe because this is not my type of poetry, but I, couldn’t see this book as a poetry book, but rather a book filled with quotes.
Which is actually not a bad thing, I still liked some of the quotes, but it didn’t work out for me.
I do think I wasn’t the good person to read it, because it didn’
Marites
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It gives me hope

I found this book because I'm struggling with my own broken heart. I envy you Tene Edwards because you have the courage to walk away from the person who broke you but I am hoping that because of this book I will have the courage now to walk away from toxic people and give myself peace.

I will definitely recommend this book because it helps a lot specially to those who struggles in dealing with their broken heart.
Barbara
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Huge thanks to the author for sending me her book im exchange for an honest review.

I love poetry, and I loved this book. It was so powerful yet so gentle. I loved the mood, I loved the writing. I loved the design! The cover and the inside is so beautiful, so feminine and delicate. But enough about that, there were really some powerful poems that touched my heart and soul. I definitely recommend this book to all the modern poetry lovers.
stefiereads
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
Walk with Wings told through 5 chapters. Out of these, my favourite would be the Autumn Grace :)

See, this is the hardest part about reviewing poetry. Because me as a reader can only review as far as what I feel fit for me and how it make me feel. But poetry it's a different world. It's someone's personal journey. It is very personal. So, sometimes I feel silly for reviewing poetry.
A lot of Tene's poetry may not speak to me, but I know it will empower others.
I am not saying that it did not emp
Shimaa Emad
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So basically this is the kind of poetry u would need to read after a heart break or like a hard time, i remember reading most of the poems n being like I really needed this♡,
My favourite part about the book was the advice part, they truly helped me know my worth n feel better about myself,
The poems are so relatable and so easy to understand, i fell in love with every single poem in the book! which made choosing my favourite poem a very hard task cuz i have like 10 favs or so♡ maybe "i deserve"
Prarinthepustakaaley
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
There are some books that you read, really like and put away. And then there are books you read, relate to, fall in love and keep with you for till the end of time. Walk with Wings is one such book. It is just so precious. While Tene has put her experiences, thoughts and feelings to paper, I don’t think she realised how much the readers would connect with them. The poems are tender yet impactful. I had my eyes full while reading one piece while I laughed at another. It is truly hard to make a re ...more
Page Eater Sophie
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
”Because I am a queen, I am loved by me, and I refuse to let a man make a toy out of me.” First of all, I would love to thank Tene for sending me this absolutely beautiful poetry book. I enjoyed reading every single poem<3 Oh what an empowering book this is. I was truly taken by her book because most of the poems just took down all my barriers. You can feel that Tene went through a lot in her life and used the power of words to deal with it. By sharing these beautiful and painfully honest poems ...more
eman | readsforkeeps ✨
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
“You can find my darkest secrets in the scars that I carry.” - Tene Edwards //Walk with Wings

I was lucky enough to get a copy of this lovely book by Tene Edwards. It’s a collection of poems written based on her life experiences. Positivity, self love, and motivation to live better are some of the themes of the book. My personal fave is the chapter Summer Freedom which talks about self-healing and acceptance. It’s an inspiring poetry book and I thought there was a lot of soul into it. Reading it
Mimi.Y
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
It is a great book to read after a bad break up. It does seem to be quotes instead of poems but I needed to read them. It was empowering and so helpful for my very own healing.
Kimberly Diane
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love a book that speaks to your soul. 💕
Disny
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
It's a nice poetry book.
Most of the contents remind me of my inconsiderate ex boyfriend, about the depression I'd gone through, about self-love and self-acceptance I've come to achieve.

"It takes strength to preserve a good soul in a world full of evil,
but that competence will reward you in due time.
Stay kind."
Ayushi
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love love this book♥ The words are so touching, true and inspiring. Thanks Tene 😍☺
Geshna Ballgobin
Short read. Poems. Proses.

I came across one of Tene's poem/prose on social media and I said to myself I need to give this a try and so here I am😅 It was my first time reading poems and I totally loved it. A must-read! Tene's words will leave you wanting for more! Her writing is so perfect and her poems are so relatable. She definitely knows her way around words!!
Loved every single word of this book! Great collection of poems/proses!
Pretty Bibliophile
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: modern-poetry
I read this poetry collection over the course of two weeks because I usually read poetry quite slowly so that I actually feel the words and can mull them over. Walk With Wings was an enjoyable read that I delved into. The poems were all divided into 5 sections: Monsoon Love, Winter Sorrow, Autumn Grace, Spring Resilient, and Summer Freedom. In short, poignant verses, Tene’s poems are a compilation of reflections on her experiences, thoughts, and feelings through love, loss, pain, healing and res ...more
Beth McCallum
walk without wings is a collection of poetry around the themes of independence, embracing inner & outer beauty and self-love

i think for 13-17 year old girls, this would be a nice read for them

for me, it didn't hit home

the main reasons being:

1) it is so repetitive. every poem is pretty much about the same thing: love yourself, don't let people walk all over you, if you've been mistreated, forgive & move on. tumblr kinda stuff

2) the writing is not unique. the poems are told in a series of cliches,
Karen
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow. I didn't expect to love this book but I did. I loved it so much!

I have always been a big poetry girl. From Frost to Wilde to Poe, even up to the modern ones like Sin, Lovelace and Kaur. I have loved rhymes and prose all my life. That is why, I've learned not to set my expectations high when it comes to poets whose works I'm not familiar with. Diving into this one though, I felt like the words were spoken directly to me. Edwards managed to make me feel that this book is actually for the soul
Rebel Jewel
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful inspirational book from, not just a talented author, but an all round nice and genuine person. I felt as if Tene was not just talking to me but also sharing her experiences.

Walk with Wings is a book of positive affirmations and words of strength. Any page you turn to, will help you with your journey of self love, positive thinking and motivation, in order to keep pushing you forward.

Whether you are nervous about a new job, struggling with making hard decisions about relationships etc
Carly Martin
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

This book was everything that I needed to read. It literally spoke to me in every aspect of my life.
Kim
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t usually read poetry books very often but this resonated with me. I could relate to so many passages. Wonderful. Moving. Empowering.
Tiffany
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One day while scrolling Facebook, I came across a poignant passage that someone had shard. It resonated with me to much that I decided I needed to read this book. Little did I know how much I needed to read this book. I've been through many different seasons in my life and often didn't have the words for them at the time. This book has the words.

persephone
Nov 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
a series of cliché quotes randomly put in a “collection of poetry”.
Ashley
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A book filled with many emotions. Doubt, heartbreak, self love, positive affirmations. All over the place. I needed this book during a certain time in my life and I should have read it then. I’m glad I read it now. I will choose to re-read this when I’m feeling down. Just a quick read and self-confidence boost. I would recommend this book to any teenage girl. Or any girl of any age going through something.
jalisa Y
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book the read

Good book, enjoyed reading walk with wings would recommend this to anyone who loves a great book. Just a fantastic read.
Quamesha
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect timing

Thank you Tene for sharing your journey. It really touched me. It was times I had to step away and get some air because girl....you was reaching my soul with this one. I love your illustrations. I bought a kindle copy and plan to buy a few paper copies. One for myself, mainly because I'd like to color in the pages, it's therapeutic to me..and the other copies for gifts. Thank you again Queen.
Kaylabookworm22 L
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful collection of poems that was hard to put down! This book has become one of my favourites! I love it!
Oluwaseun West
Jul 16, 2020 marked it as to-read
Lookong for this books after i saw some pages of it online but unable to get get it...Tene Edward please do judgement by helping out with a copy... really want to read and reread it...just have being rereading the copy of the two pages i saw online and i love it..
Edition 2 1 3 Jul 16, 2018 05:50AM

• Shine your Icy Crown (You Are Your Own Fairy Tale, #2)
  • Don't Be A Wife To A Boyfriend: 10 Lessons I Learned When I Was Single
  • Home Body
  • All Boys Aren't Blue
  • Swimming Lessons: Poems
  • Science and the Indian Tradition: When Einstein Met Tagore
  • Don't Overthink It: Make Easier Decisions, Stop Second-Guessing, and Bring More Joy to Your Life
  • I Hope You Stay

News & Interviews

“I thank God for removing the toxic people from my life, in the times when I could not find the strength to remove them myself.” 11 likes
“There are only so many times you can roll a dice, before it lands on a six.” 5 likes