Start by marking “Gray's Shadow (Kings of Hell MC #4)” as Want to Read:
Gray's Shadow (Kings of Hell MC #4)

Gray's Shadow

(Kings of Hell MC #4)

--- There can be no shadow without the man to cast it. ---

Gray. Lost his twin. Will never be complete. Works alone.
Shadow. Monster? Human? Exists to be Gray’s one true companion.

After losing his twin brother, Gray has devoted his life to the Kings of Hell MC. He will do anything to protect his family and that means anything.

Even sell his own shadow to the devil.
Published August 11th 2018 by Acerbi & Villani Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Gray's Shadow, please sign up.
K.A. Merikan Hey! All the books in this series will :) It just takes a bit to get the book up there.

Kat…more

Kat(less)

Start your review of Gray's Shadow (Kings of Hell MC #4)
Judith
4.5

Get ready to have your world rocked in the latest instalment of this highly addictive series.Trust the Merikan duo to deliver something that turned out to be sweet and romantic against a back drop of the chaos that is the Kings of Hell MC

Gray has just been kind of existing since the death of his twin brother a few years ago,he feels as though he's literally lost one half of himself.Dedicated to the club,loyalty is everything to him.He will do whatever it takes to keep those around him safe-ev
K.A. Merikan
Mar 12, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Gray

--- There can be no shadow without the man to cast it. ---

Gray. Lost his twin. Will never be complete. Works alone.
Shadow. Monster? Human? Exists to be Gray’s one true companion.

Even sell his own shadow to the devil.

Following a fire that left him without one arm, Gray feels pushed to the sidelines. In order to prov
Virginia Cavanillas
Warning: this is book four in a series. Not a standalone. This demon —Baal— has been tormenting these guys for a while now. Start from the beginning, Laurent and the Beast and immerse yourself in the weirdly funny, creepy and obscure Kings of Hell world.

Bizarre. A perfectly achieved gothic climate. A fantastic dark comedy featuring some of the weirdest and most attractive characters. Probably, my favorite in the series.

This book was brilliant. Surreal and creepy but sweet and lovely somehow. Ag
Cadiva
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I am staggered at the imagination and creativity that has been the hallmark of the Kings of Hell series but this one is above and beyond.

At the beginning it was so hard to find any sympathy for Gray, he behaved like an absolute arse to Shadow. Shadow himself is just so loveable, like a big Labrador puppy or a teeny kitten, he's out of place in the human world and doesn't know how to express his feelings.

The plot continues on with Magpie's plan to stop Baal's intended world invasion gaining steam
~Mindy Lynn~
5 Stars!

Only these two women can make you fall in love with a monster.

I've been looking forward to Gray's story since the first book. I am always more interested in the quiet and introverted characters. The loners. They always seem to have the most interesting stories. And I was proven right again cause Gray's story has been the most romantic, intense, and enthralling story of the series.

Gray's world has been pretty.... well, gray. He lost his other half (his twin brother, Mike) 3 years ago an
Ele
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
-4.5 stars-

I recommend against reading this as a standalone. Gray and Shadow is a new couple but all books follow the same story arc; a demon, Baal, uses the club members for his plans to expand his domain throughout the human world by taking advantage of their weak moments.

Τhis came too close to being my favorite in the series after the first book. It was also a surprise. I don’t know what I expected but this wasn’t it. Gray’s Shadow is a mix of creepy and funny. It’s quirky and imaginative, se
River
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, arcs
I've waited for this book since the first book came out. See, Gray was always so quiet and enigmatic that I needed to know more about him and how he was going to get involved in this crazy pact with the demon.
This one was so good, I finished it in a few hours and then I was sad.

This book starts right where the previous one ended. Gray lost his arm in the fire and he made a pact to help Jake. Gray gave away his shadow but he doesn't really know what that implies, that is until he returns to the
Eugenia
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a Wild Ride!!!

This one might be my favorite of the series!!!! I adored it ❤️❤️❤️!

I got angst, adoration, punishment, mistrust, love, HEAT🔥🔥🔥, and crazy paranormal shadow antics.

I’ll be honest and say that Gray proved to be quite the jerk at the beginning of this book. And to be fair, so was Shadow even if he didn’t know that forcing himself on someone was something humans didn’t do.

Shadow is a creation of Baal and of Gray’s own shadow. His purpose serves Baal’s scheme to override the earth
Amanda
What an absolutely thrilling ride with Gray's Shadow. I love every single book in this series and I can't even decide which is my favourite couple, but since I just finish Gray and Shadow, I shall love them most for now. In Gray's Shadow, I daresay the creepiness and horror factor tune up another notch. Let just brace yourself for some mindfuck and keep the food away as precaution.

Gray had just recently lost his arm from the incident that befall the clubhouse from previous book. Suffice to say,
Chris
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series ... these guys are unique, damaged yet extremely loyal. Gray had suffered the trauma of losing his twin and went through his life as an isolate. No doubt demisexual, he found no joy in the casual club hook ups and longed for the deepest connection with another. While he had the loyalty of his MC brothers he really was alone until Shadow appeared. Shadow, a creation from the “other side “ was absolutely adorable... his intentions were sweet and his desire / love of Gray was bea ...more
Chelsea
4 hearts

I really need to stop doubting these two authors! I open the book up, see how long it is and think....

...but I start to read and suddenly it's like…

Seriously! Everytime I start one of their books!

Gray's Shadow ended up being soooo different to what I expected and Shadow was definitely sooo different to what I had imagined. Shadow ended up being one of the sweetest characters of the series, that's including Laurent, and he looks like this…

So yummy!

Gray was difficult to begin with and he
Bookreader87(Amanda)
3.5 Stars
Gray has been alone ever since the death of his twin brother 2 years ago. When he made the pact with Baal he did it to save his friend. Giving up his shadow should not be a big deal right?

This story was entertaining. I liked the relationship build between Gray and Shadow. The beginning was hard to take. The pure hatred Gray had for Shadow was frustrating. I am glad that slowly over time Gray started treating Shadow better. They spent a lot of time together and Gray helped Shadow better
☙ nemo ❧
i didn't enjoy this as much as the other books in the series, but i can't WAIT to catch up with the light of my life, laurent mercier, in the final book!
Tammy
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow, Gray was so rotten to Shadow at the beginning of the book I really wanted to hate him 🙄, by the end I was surprised by the devotion, love and absolute loyalty Grey felt ❤ for Shadow. Their closeness and love was heart wrenchingly sad and beautiful at the same time knowing they had a time table for their new found love.
I was disappointed in the Kings of Hell because it didn't seem any of the members understood just how much Shadow meant to Gray, and the only members that went out of their
Alex
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark, fav-mc, paranormal, biker
I knew Gray's story wouldn't disappoint!!! And I adored it!
I completely fell in love with Shadow. COMPLETELY!!!

description

This story was so perfect! I devoured it.
So here we are, Gray saved his brothers in the fire and end up at the hospital with an arm missing and a pact with the Devil... He has to give up his shadow... Whatever that means right...

Well, the day has come and it's time to pay... The shadow separates from Gray and takes up a body.
Who? What it is? Is it at the order of the Devil or just here
Anja

5+++++ stars!

This book. This book. This was everything I need in a book. Gray's and Shadow's relationship was everything I crave in a romance. The 'if you die I will die' type of romance. It was pure perfection. So intense and true, it literally brought tears to my eyes on more than one occassion. Gray and Shadow might actually be my new favorite couple by K.A Merikan. Shadow was the sweetest creature to ever exist. Everything he said and did pulled at my heartstrings something fierce! He has it
Santy
No one does weird/unique like K.A Merikan and as usual, this was oh so good! This writing duo sure do know how to write a story!

I know everyone is saying Gray was unwarrantedly cruel (to the endearingly naive, distinctly otherworldly and "unique" Shadow) for about half of the book and I agree, but I guess in Gray's mind, I think he was paying Shadow back for the incident on the first night they met. I still thought overdid his "punishment" though. There was no need for him to be so cruel.

After G
CaRo
Nov 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Heather
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gray's had a bit of a rough time lately: he lost his twin brother, his arm, and made a pact with the demon, Baal. Because of Gray's pact, Shadow has been given the chance to live inside a human form but does that make him human or monster? Gray has devoted his entire life to the Kings of Hell but now with only one arm he finds himself having to prove he is still worthy of his position. Reluctantly Gray finds that Shadow may be his chance to keep his place amongst his brothers but will he be will ...more
haletostilinski
4.5 stars!

This and Knight & Elliot's story has to be my favorite of the series so far.

It was a rough start for Gray & Shadow (Gray's literal shadow), who was made into a being by Baal for the deal Gray made to save Jake, in which his shadow has to sacrifice some blood or something three times on each new moon, and then go back to being Gray's shadow.

Only, Shadow becomes his own person, his own entity, and he's sweet and kind and gentle. Gray thinks the worst at first, that because he came from
AussieMum
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it

Any other authors, any other series, I probably would have DNF this at about 20%.

The start was a real downer. Gray was so miserable that it takes him 25% to even crack a smile. He’s an unbelievably cruel bastard to Shadow until 50%. It was hard to like him, and sometimes hard to read. But these authors have a plan for this series. And I wanted to see it out.

By the end I was cheering for these characters. They were definitely meant to be and complimented each other in the most peculiar
Sanaa
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc, m-m, paranormal
4 stars.

I really enjoyed this one, even though Gray was an ass sometimes.

Full review to come.

An arc was provided in exchange for an honest review.
Ivy
Gray is a member of the Kings of Hell MC. He devoted his life to the club, after losing his twin brother, and his arm; he agrees to give up his shadow to save Jake (On Your Knees Prospect (king of Hell MC #3))
Shadow wants one thing … Gray. He’s bonded to him, and he wants to belong to him as much as to possess him.
Gray wants nothing to do with Shadow, for him, he’s just a monster, an entity with the purpose to serve Baal and disappear.
3 months, that’s what they have, if Gray wishes never to have
Diverse
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: august-2018-dr
This series always takes my breath away. These authors pull all the emotions out of me. I can feel the fear, sadness, and despair of their characters. But in all this time, after all these books, I never wept more than I did for Shadow.

I was so angry at Gray for the longest time in this book. And the club. I raged as I read. So often I felt like screaming, "You don't deserve him." But this is K.A. Merikan we're talking about here! Vicious women they are (LOL)

There's a reason it's labeled horror
Alisa

I think this was my favorite in the series. It was both weird and pervy and sweet and romantic.

Full review to come
K.S. Morgan
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5, rounding to 5.

I have been waiting for this book for ages and I was insanely excited to finally start reading it. As always, it didn’t disappoint — it was deliciously dark, sad, funny, creepy, and absolutely lovely.

Gray is an interesting character — he seemed so moody and cold to me at first, but soon enough, I began to notice how defensive and insecure he is, how he is very, endlessly lonely. He acts quite horribly with Shadow at the beginning and I just couldn’t imagine how these two wil
Bretton Coppedge
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm
How do I begin to describe how amazing this book is? I can start by saying that Shadow is what makes this book so unique. These authors did an amazing job of writing a character that is completely other worldly while still having one foot set in reality. Because Shadow is a well…shadow, he has had some experience of how the world works but with no context. He knows words but not their nuances, he has emotions but doesn’t know how to express them. This results in a catastrophic interaction betwee ...more
Widya Vello
Another full 5 stars for this magnificent saga!

For me, King of Hell MC series is the best paranormal stories I've ever read. Heck, I gave 5 stars from the first book but Gray's Shadow is the best for me and the 4th book is focused on Gray, my fave character in the series. He's loyal and would do anything for his sworn brothers. He even sacrificed his arm and made a pact with Baal the devil to saved Jake.
Then there's Shadow, the gentle innocent and adorable giant literally plucked from Gray's sh
LiadANNA
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gray's Shadow by K.A. Merikan is finally here. I waited for it such a long time. About 8-9 months? More like a lifetime! So my thoughts after reading it? 10/10 I will read it again. I already look forward to reread. This book is very funny and very sad and really romantic. Why sad? Gray is still dealing will lose of his brother. Why funny? In one word: Shadow.

As I stated in my review to "On Your Knees, Prospect" Gray is one of my favourite characters in Kings of Hell MC. In previous books we cou
 ♥ Rebecca ♥
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, adult, m-m, romance
I have mixed feelings about this one. At first I absolutely adored Gray. I loved how proud he was after losing his arm and how he had a hard shell and was mean to Shadow because he felt vulnerable for the first time in his life. It made him so fascinating to me. At first I wasn't sure what to think of Shadow. He was so naive he was almost like a baby and I didn't find that attractive at all. But when he tore that man apart who attacked the club I thought 'yes!' I can get behind this! But there w ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Shift (Flesh & Bone #3)
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • King's Killer (The Kings of Men MC #1)
  • Bleed (Flesh and Bone, #2)
  • Devil Next Door - Criminal Delights: Obsession
  • Gunnar (Hell's Ankhor #2)
  • Blade (Hell's Ankhor #1)
  • Exhale (Flesh and Bone, #1)
  • Creature (Bureau, #3)
  • Equilibrium (Kingdom of Night #3)
  • Captivating (Elite Protection Services #2)
  • The King and His Vigilant Valet (Paranormal Princes #3)
  • That Irresistible Poison (Calluvia's Royalty, #2)
  • Just a Bit Gay (Straight Guys #9)
  • The Boss (The Killough Company, #1)
  • Bind Me in Steel
  • Their Boy (The Game, #2)
  • Happy Endings (Demon Magic #1)
(Goodreads profile run by Kat)

K. A. Merikan are a team of writers who try not to suck at adulting, with some success. Always eager to explore the murky waters of the weird and wonderful, K.A. Merikan don’t follow fixed formulas and want each of their books to be a surprise for those who choose to hop on for the ride.

K.A. Merikan have a few sweeter M/M romances as well, but they specialize in the d

Kings of Hell MC (5 books)
  • Laurent and the Beast (Kings of Hell MC, #1)
  • My Dark Knight  (Kings of Hell MC, #2)
  • On Your Knees, Prospect (Kings of Hell MC, #3)
  • In the Arms of the Beast (Kings of Hell MC #5)