Start by marking “Amongst The Wildflowers (Fleurs d'Amour #3)” as Want to Read:
Amongst The Wildflowers (Fleurs d'Amour #3)

Amongst The Wildflowers

(Fleurs d'Amour #3)

Will taking the leap from friends to lovers lead to a happily ever after, or will it destroy every dream they ever had?

Layla Jensen dreams of true love.
A quiet soul, she walks through life with one simple goal. Stay invisible in a world where she's never felt enough.

After living in the shadow of her beautiful, vivacious sister and believing she never measured up, Layla
Published September 6th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Amongst The Wildflowers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amongst The Wildflowers

MiDouradoP
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amongst love and the wildflowers!

4,5 stars

This is a standalone that is also part of the series Fleurs D'Amour. A friends-to-lovers romance between Layla and Ethan, it was sweet and with the right amount of angsty.

Layla and Ethan have been friends since they were little kids, only four years old, and since then they are inseparable! They are best friends, protective of one another, caring and nurturing and they would do anything to keep the other safe and never jeopardize their friendship... even
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I was asked to take a chance on a new author who wrote a book called Under the Cherry Blossoms. The cover was simple and the story looked that it could be something that I would enjoy. I took the chance and then immediately asked when the next book in the Fleurs d'amour series would be out. Yes, I couldn't wait to read Dandelion Dreams. That's when I knew that there was just something about the way Amali Rose writes a story that totally draws me in and keeps me reading. Her stories are simple, r
Jenny
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story was beautiful! This story held my attention and I read it in one sitting. I love Layla and Ethan. The chemistry and love between them as friends is amazing. They share a great past, but with obstacles in their way can they make it to share a future? Every book I have read by this author has been 5 star reads for me. I highly recommend them.
*Magic Beyond The Covers Book Blog*
Katrina Haynes
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow.. Thisbis such a great read from beginning to end.. I love both Ethan and Layla story.. So sweet💛💛
Anne Milne
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely adorable I just loved Ethan and Layla. Young love can be confusing and painful which the author does a great job portraying.

Layla and Ethan had been friends since they were four years old and through flashbacks we see how supportive they are of each other. When Ethan suddenly disappeared from her life it left a huge void one she's never really gotten over so when he appears again she is totally thrown.

I enjoyed reading about the dynamics of their relationship especially
Tre Talbot
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 beautiful Wildflower Stars!
I adored Ethan and Layla’s story from the very second their eyes lock in the classroom. Evie is a friend I would undoubtedly jump at the chance to have on my side, she’s there for Layla through everything and she’s absolutely hilarious. If there’s a character I can say I loathe, it would be Michael and Tash hands down. We’re giving a second chance romance that is a page turner and will have you smiling more often then not. When Ethan decides to push forward he gives
Adrienne Carrieri
Shelves: arc
Sassy Southern
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Layla Jensen is attending college and has a small crush on the college quarterback, Michael Bradshaw but know she will never stand a chance. That is until he shows up back in her life.
Ethan Miller was best friends with Layla Jensen until he all of a sudden disappeared and she never heard from him again until he shows up in one of her classes and sits down beside her. Now he has gone all protective over Layla and she is confused on why.
When Michael asks Layla for a date she accepts but does he ha
Robyn Corcoran
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Amongst The Wildflowers is the third book in this series this author has published, it is a sweet novella but at times has a bite!

Layla and Ethan were best friends until he suddenly up and left her, literally and figuratively speaking. Now he is back! They are in their final year at college and he can’t stay away any longer. Layla has always believed she is ugly and is quite shy, often mistaken for being standoffish. Ethan knows the true her is very different.

I find I can really relate to Layla
Renee
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it

Layla Jensen dreams of true love. A quiet souls she walks through life with one simple goal. Stay invisible in a world where she's never felt enough. After living in the shadow of her beautiful, vivacious sister and believing she never measure up, Layla has withdrawn into herself, watching life pass her by. Enter Ethan Miller. Confidant, carefree, and outgoing, he is the opposite of Layla in every way
Megan
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amongst The Wildflowers was a book filled with characters that you immediately fall in love with and relate to on so many levels...

Growing up Layla had always felt like she was lacking, not pretty enough, skinny enough and she was bullied most of her young life. My heart broke for her and related to her on so many levels.. Ethan silences those self doubts for Layla, he stood up for her, protected her and became her everything starting at the age of four..their entire lives it was always Ethan &a
Keri Loves Books
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars He's loved her since he can remember. She's loved him just as long. Now they both need to figure that out so they can get their HEA.

Layla and Ethan became friends when they were just four years old. And they stayed best friends until Ethan abruptly decided to go to a college far away and left Layla behind. He was her protector from the bullies, her shoulder to cry on, her everything. And when he left, he broke her heart.

It's been years and now he's back to fix what he broke. He uproote
Heather Packer
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A story as beautiful as it’s cover  I love the covers in this series and this one is gorgeous!
Layla and Ethan are wonderful. This is a second chance romance that ticks all the boxes; there’s hot chemistry, jealous boyfriends and mean girls to top it off.
I would like to put myself firmly in Evies corner, everybody should have a best friend like that. She is an amazing secondary character and it would be great to see her get her own story at some point too. I loved that she just got Layla, and th
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at ***www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

Amali Rose is quickly becoming an author that I don’t hesitate to read. She has the ability to write beautiful, emotional, angst filled romances that also have a hidden message to them and for me has touched close to home. Amongst The Wildflowers, I DEVOURED this book. I am exhausted today because I couldn’t and wouldn’t put it down until I was done.

Layla and Ethan’s story was beautiful, two best friends who
Stacey Broadbent
Shelves: favourites
Where do I even begin with this one? It's literally my favourite Fleurs d'amour book! I cannot express just how much I loved it. I think because Layla was just so relateable with her insecurities, I felt such a deep connection with her. I could see myself in her shoes in so many scenarios.

I already thought Layla was cute as the kid sister of Cass, but she comes into her own in Amongst the Wildflowers. She's more grown up, and we see her high school crush turn into unabashed adult chemistry. Etha
Lauren Harwood
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 shining stars for Layla and Ethan.

As someone who deals with a lot of self doubt and body issues, I think Amali did a wonderful job portraying Layla's insecurities and hidden pain. There were times my eyes filled with tears alongside Layla. My heart truly hurt for her.
What I loved most about this story was Ethan's love for Layla. She has so many insecurities and self doubt but he shows her over and over again just how beautiful and deserving she truly is.
Of course, there was that annoying si
Brittany
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you haven’t yet discovered the delicious sweetness of Amali Rose’s Fleurs d’amour series, you need to check it out right away! The first two books completely melted me and Amongst the Wildflowers is no different. Amali Rose creates characters that are relatable and you can actually feel the emotions of the story. This is something that a lot of authors have difficulty with and Amali completely nails it. Ethan and Layla’s story is so heart-warming and captivating, I loved it and I know you wil ...more
Heather Poll
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't even begin to describe how much I love this book! Once again Amali has put an amazing book out there! I never tire of reading her work. I think so may women, myself included, will be able to relate to Layla. This story is beautifully written. Sometimes we get caught up in the self negativity in our own minds and forget our own worth. Sometimes it is hard to love ourselves. Amali did an extraordinary job writing on this subject and giving Layla the story and love she deserves! 💕
Becca - ★Wicked Quests of a BookNinja★
description

I guess it was an ok read. It was not strong in plot, just followed the same clichés as always. I somehow couldn’t connect to any of the characters and the ‘drama’ was pretty much dumb. I think I will just drop college romances for a while.
Betsy Pfaller
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amongst the Wildflowers is the third book in the Fleurs d’Amour series. While it is the series it is a completely stand-alone book. This installment follows the reintroduction of estranged best friend Ethan Miller into Layla Jenson’s life. The love that these two characters share started as a childhood infatuation to a teenage crush to adult love. Their chemistry is amazing, but it’s all the other moments that tug at your heartstrings. When jealousy brings a threat to their newly found happiness ...more
Paula D
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story about friends turning into more. Layla has been bullied her whole life but her best friend Ethan had always kept her strong until one day he’s gone. Ethan is now back and just wants to tell Layla the truth about everything but will it end him broken hearted? I loved this book! Every girl has thought that they weren’t good enough but this book proves that someone out there sees the real you and loves you for yourself. Definitely a book everyone needs to read. Ethan will have you ...more
Heather Navarre
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A first read from Amali Rose for me, but I have loved these book covers for a while now. They are gorgeous.

Ok to the meat and potatoes. This book was so very good. I loved Ethan and Layla. There was so much history for them.

There were funny parts in the book, parts that made me smile and parts that made me sad. I loved Ethans nickname for Layla and I did not like Michael very much!

This was a great introduction for me to the wonderful world of Amali Rose.

I will be reading more and I am sure lov
Rhiannon Hall
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amongst The Wildflowers is the third book in Amali Rose's Fleurs d'amour series and like all three books it can be read as a standalone.

I loved Ethan and Layla's story yet again Amali wrote a book that is sweet with a little angst and characters you can't help but fall in love with, I've read a few friends to lovers stories and sometimes you can't help question how they didn't know how they felt for each other but with Ethan and Layla they each had their reasons which are totally understandable
Renee Mccleary
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is hands down my favorite book by Amali and the writing is incredible!! Layla and Ethan were everything!!! The buildup to them was amazing, even though I found myself screaming at my kindle. So many feels in this book!!! The sex scenes were so hot and passionate!! I didn't want to put this book down nor did I want it to end! Even though this is a standalone, I highly Recommend reading all the books in this series!!
Jocelyne
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Fleur D’Amour Series. This story, a beautiful and sweet second chance love story, can be read as a standalone. The main characters, Ethan and Layla, are lovable and their chemistry is strong. The story is believable and beautifully written, as always with Amali Rose. The storyline has angst, heartbreaking scenes, but so much love and a heartwarming HEA. I received an ARC of this book and this is my honest review.
LLS
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This author is new to me and I am happy to say I found one that I will follow.

This story was about Layla and Ethan. They have known each other since they were four and had always been in each other's lives until Ethan leaves for college. Each one loved the other but never had the guts to let their feelings known. Now Ethan is back to fix what he has broken. This was a sweet story with some cringe worthy drama and lots of sweet, loving moments.

Thank you for the privilege of reading this book! Wel
Sara
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest opinion. This is the third story in the series and what an entertaining story it is. Layla and Ethan have a beautiful childhood friendship but neither wants to destroy the friendship by declaring their mutual feelings. Layla has always had to deal with bullying and fitting into societal norms; Ethan has always been there seeing how beautiful she truly is, if only she could see it. There chemistry is wonderful and with a few twists and turns this ends up being a be ...more
Rachel
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yet again Amali Rose has outdone herself. This is the third standalone book in the Fleurs d'amour series, and it's just as good as the other two.
Amongst The Wildflowers is centred around Layla "Bug" Jensen and her childhood best friend Ethan "Millhouse" Miller.
When Ethan comes back into Layla's life, she has to overcome her insecurities, the sceptics and of course the ones that will try to derail the possible friends to lovers scenario.
You'll have lots of feels, laughs and "can I strangle ...?
Thuy Taylor
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finnnallly, Layla's story! After reading Skye and Cass' book, I knew I wanted Layla's story! She was always the opposite of her wild, gorgeous, outspoken sister. She's sweet, reserved, good girl, and good head on her shoulders. I am such a sucker for a best friends to lovers story. Especially if they go way back to childhood. Layla and Ethan are so meant to be together. They keep their true feelings for each other to themselves, constantly wondering if they should cross the line because what wou ...more
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Friends to lovers, second chance, and seriously sweet romance what could be better?! Amali Rose stole my heart with Amongst The Wildflowers with her amazing writing bringing Ethan and Layla to life in a way that had me totally addicted to their story. Perfectly balancing with sugary sweet swooniness with a bit of drama to really hook you deep and pull you in I devoured this book in a matter of a couple hours unable to put it down!
I’ll tell you now, Ethan is a man you won’t be able to resist. The
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: add to "Fleurs d'amour" series 4 17 Nov 24, 2018 12:06AM
  • Begin Again
  • Finding Juniper
  • A Lesson in Thorns (Thornchapel, #1)
  • Unwanted
  • Stone Sober (Hawke Family #3)
  • Resisting the Rancher (Hills of Texas, #2)
  • Bourbon & Bonfires (Country Road #4)
  • Damaged Love
  • Jaybird (Heritage Bay Series, #1)
  • Lullaby Baby
  • Snitch
  • Rounding Third: A Baseball Anthology
  • The Banished Lands (The Banished Lands #1)
  • Friend Zone (Friend Zone, #1)
  • Balls in Play Box Set: Anything but Minor, Major Love
  • Kiss and Break Up
  • Wicked Flirt (Happy Endings Book Club, #9)
  • Not the End (Not Alone Novellas, Book #1)
Amali Rose is an Australian author, and former blogger, who released her debut novella in 2017.

A self confessed bookworm, her love affair with the written word began as a child, with The Magic Faraway Tree. Her tastes have grown and evolved over the years, and after stumbling into the indie community a few years ago, she discovered her passion for romance with a side of smut.

When not reading or

Fleurs d'Amour (3 books)
  • Under The Cherry Blossoms (Fleurs d'amour #1)
  • Dandelion Dreams (Fleurs d'Amour #2)