Start by marking “Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights (Marshall Ranch Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights (Marshall Ranch Book 3)

Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights

(Marshall Ranch #3)

Rosa Mercado is looking for something more serious with her love life, which is why she hits the brakes on the sexy cowboy who walks into her dad’s restaurant and hits on her.

Calvin Marshall had Rosa lined up in his sights to be his next conquest. Until she makes it clear she’s looking for Mr. Right, not Mr. Right Now. Commitment isn’t exactly his favorite word.

But when
Published October 9th 2018 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights

Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Shelli Stevens Fan, Romance
3.5 Past Presents Futures Stars
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
It takes a cranky ole rancher to bring two people together who have much more in common then they had any idea.
Picture a ranch foreman, strong, rugged and very easy on the eyes. He has a reputation of being a player, yet actually may not be.
Then add in a beautiful woman; she has talent as a chef...eyes which captivate, is feisty and has plans to be more then what others think of her, too.

She has no desire for a player...
He has no desire for
Bette Hansen
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights is the third book in the Marshall Ranch series but easily holds its own as a standalone. Calvin and Rosa are intriguing characters and I really enjoyed their story. Cal has a reputation as a playboy never looking for a commitment while Rosa is tough as nails and hardworking while looking for Mr. Right. Sure this is an intense attraction between them but they want different things and would never work. Add to that the complication of family secrets that are reve ...more
Elaine
This is a thoroughly enjoyable festive cowboy romance. When Calvin Marshall first meets Rosa Mercado she’s working as a waitress in her father’s restaurant and he’s just been attacked and embarrassed by one of his many ex-girlfriends. Despite this, the two are attracted to each other but he’s a player and she’s looking for a more long term relationship. Hank is the owner of the ranch which Calvin runs for him and Hank has a few surprises in store for both Calvin and Rosa - one of which forces th ...more
Emma
Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights by Shelli Stevens
But when they’re forced to stay at Misty Meadows Ranch together over Christmas, it b
P.e. lolo
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-cowboys
A fun story that at times has some serious to it and plenty of fun. The book opens with the two main characters, Rosa Mercado and Calvin Marshall meeting at her father’s restaurant. The meeting takes place because Calvin has been putting off seeing the last women he was with and now they are in the same place, but not together. The women makes sure to get her point across that she did not like to be ignored. After that Rosa and Calvin banter back and forth but she makes it perfectly clear she wa ...more
Erika
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a first for me by this author.

I enjoyed it... it was a quick read for me but not disappointed at all... I didn't realise it was number 3 in a series so I'll be looking for the first two to catch-up on.

Stormi (Bewitched Reader)
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it

Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights combines two of my favorite things, cowboys and Christmas, into a sweet and steamy holiday romance. Rosa is a strong, independent heroine who isn't afraid to go after what she wants. Cal is a sexy cowboy trying to find his place in the world.

This was a fairly quick read that I flew through in a few hours late ate night...well technically early in the morning since I was up until 3 am finishing Cal and Rosa's whirlwind romance. Even though Christmas Lights and
Bonnie Gonzales
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cal and Rosa have chemistry right from their first meeting and it smolders right along every time they see each other.
I loved all the food, the great family meals and Cals making jerky but most of all when Rosa took him to her Dads to make homemade tamales, oh that minute when he took a bite of a tamale from the first batch cooked,so true to life, there is nothing like it, no wonder he falls for Rosa.
Great story with characters and scenes so real you can even feel the cold of that bad snow st
Shari
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I so enjoyed this Christmas book, it is third in the series but can be read as a stand alone. Rosa is looking for Mr. Forever where Cal is a player and thinking Rosa will be his next conquest. There is no denying their chemistry. Now to throw a wrench in, they have to live together at the ranch through the Christmas that they both want, but for different purposes. Do you smell a little matchmaking here?

Loved these characters. Rosa is a very strong person, knowing what she wants in her life. Ca
Pelusa Rivera
Oct 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author..(netgalley) Here we have two stubborn opposites attract scenarios. We have Rosa who is looking for her Mr. Right not someone who is looking for just a quickie and that is what we have with Calvin, who is a playboy and is so not the type to commit. Attraction is there and hard to resist and while they are manipulated to spend time together they eventually give in to what they no longer can fight. My favorite character was Hank.
Ramona
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding and heartfelt book by Shelli Stevens...This book touched on family reuniting, new love and keeping the faith that it all comes together. The story of Rosa whose Mother passed away 10 years previous and Cal whose Mother walked away - come together under odd circumstances for the Christmas Season. This book was such a joy to read. I know that anyone who likes Cowboys and feel good will enjoy this book.
Karen Roma
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was disappointed to realise Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights by Shelli Stevens is the third in the series, and I haven't read the first two! That said, the story held its own and had fabulous characters, easy to follow dialogue and an interesting plot. There were a few unexpected surprises during in this book, which enhanced the overall enjoyment of the story. While Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights is only a short story, easily read in an afternoon, the chemistry between the characters was ...more
Denise Stout
A steamy Christmas read for a cold holiday night.

Calvin and Rosa are unexpectedly vying for the same Christmas ranch. Calvin needs to prove himself capable of running a ranch so his family will see him in a new light. Rosa wants to sell the ranch to fund a business venture. They must stay the whole holiday season to win the ranch.

As they stay at the ranch, their attraction leads to a no-strings relationship till their hearts become involved. Secrets are revealed and some of the truths are shocki
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights finally brings us Cal’s story, one that I’ve been waiting for.  I’ve always had a soft spot for this seemingly carefree cowboy, a man who sold his portion of the ranch to his brother and went on to become the foreman on a nearby ranch.  We got a taste of Cal, but now we get the full force of his personality, and why he made the choices that he did.  Some may surprise you.

Rosa and Cal have a… very interesting first meeting, and first
Kirstie Ibrahim
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this. I haven't read the others in the series and this read perfectly fine as a standalone.

Great storyline line in a good country setting, a bit of love and romance, and good strong characters.
Kristy
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had a good time reading this book. Cal, the playboy, falls for Rosa, the daughter of the restaurant owner. There were a few curveballs in this book, and that was the fun part. Their chemistry was great, but the book went too fast! I guess I was hoping for more!
Wanda
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights by Shelli Stevens is the third in the series, but you can easily read it as a stand alone. I did and I loved it! But now I am going to go back and read the first two. The author has a nice flow to her writing, it never felt dragged out or too fast paced. The dialogue was easy to understand and follow and I truly enjoyed the plot. There were a few unexpected surprises,, which enhanced the story for me.
The chemistry between the characters was a perfect mix of se
Donnajo
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily read a advanced reader's copy of this book for a honest opinion

Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights by Shelli Stevens. This book took me longer to get into but once I did I really enjoyed it. Great characters, dialogue and Plot. I look forward to reading more by Shelli Stevens.
Sandi Ramirez
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a shining example of so many homes during the holiday season and a a wonder romance

I love Christmas books and throw in my favorite fictional town of Marietta, Montana and yes we have a winner. This is the Third book in the Marshall Ranch series and Cal does a dual live in the Marshall Ranch anymore since he sold his part. He works as a foreman on Hank's Ranch and thank heaven he is a hot cowboy that goes into Marietta's only Mexican Restaurant for good food. There he meets Ross and it all s
Janette Mcmahon
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it
A must read for readers who have enjoyed Stevens other Marshall family books. A wonderful Christmas romance that will make the reader want the snow to fall, the tea to brew, and curl under a warm quilt.
Jacki

Part of a series: Marshall Ranch
Standalone
HEA
Epilogue

I look forward to reading the other books in this series.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC from NetGalley.
Shea
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a really cute Christmas romance. I had not read the previous two books in the series but this worked perfectly as a standalone. There is undeniable chemistry between Cal and Rosa from the beginning and it was fun seeing how their unexpected matchmaker helped bring them together. I like how Shelli Stevens writes family interactions and family relationships and this one did not disappoint.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advance copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Paula
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelli Stevens’ Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights is a story of challenging goals between two strong willed people. It is a fun read with the holiday atmosphere adding to the attraction that continues to pull the couple together.

Rosa has made decisions about her life that one must admire. Calvin comes across on first impression as just another good time Joe. As the story progresses there is more to him than first meets the eye. His growth as a character makes it a meaningful read, though Rosa d
Louise Bird
Paula Pugh
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thrown together and vying for a ranch, Cal Marshall and Rosa Mercado find themselves falling in love while battling for their futures in this wonderful novel of romance and reconciliation. Cal has deeply hidden emotions that he rarely, if ever shares. He is smitten with Rosa but his reputation precedes him. Rosa struggles at a job with a racist boss but has no other recourse if she wants to pay her bills. Given the opportunity to own a ranch held by cantankerous Hank, Cal and Rosa love, fight an ...more
Monique
Review written: November 5, 2018
Star Rating: ★★☆☆
Heat Rating: ☀☀☼☼☼

An Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book was received free via Netgalley for an honest review.

Calvin and Rosa were mostly forgettable characters and about the only thing I remember was that they were forced to spend time together as adversaries for a ranch. Christmas Light and Cowboy Nights is actually about family and forgiveness but overall this book left almost no impression on me.

Calvin is a player and foreman on a ra
Shelagh
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a lovely story this has been! With hints of Scrooge, in the form of Hank the cranky ranch owner, Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights is about healing, family and friendship, which is just perfect for Christmas reading.
Ranch foreman Cal is drop dead gorgeous and has a reputation as a ladies’ man. He’s up front about not wanting a relationship though from the first time he sees Rosa he wants her.
Rosa has had her share of one night stands and has decided it’s time to put the bad boys out of he
Ella
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cal and Rosa butt heads. Cal’s reputation following him meant Rosa new who he was when they first met and she had no interest in the womanizing flirt. But even when his first attempt to ask her out failed he was able to get her to go out with him. Cal had Rosa come to tour the ranch he worked on and Hank, the owner of the ranch seemed to take a liking to her and wanted her to come and spend some time visiting. Before Rosa knows it she is getting a themed invitation back to the ranch for a party. ...more
BookSnuggle
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights by Shelli Stevens is book number three in the Marshall Ranch series. This is Rosa Mercado and Calvin “Cal” Marshall’s story.

There was just s about Cal’s character that drew me to him. The chemistry between Rosa and Cal was hot! This was a fun and steamy read.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Debra
Oct 07, 2018
Shelli is a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author who read her first romance novel when she snatched it off her mother’s bookshelf at the age of eleven. One taste and she was forever hooked. It wasn’t until many years later that she decided to pursue writing stories of her own. By then she acknowledged the voices in her head didn’t make her crazy, they made her a writer.

Shelli is a true

Marshall Ranch (3 books)
  • Protect Me, Cowboy (Marshall Ranch #1; The 78th Copper Mountain Rodeo #2)
  • Falling for the Hometown Girl (Marshall Ranch, #2)