Start by marking “Writing From the Trenches - Tips & Techniques from Ten Award-winning Authors” as Want to Read:
Writing From the Trenches - Tips & Techniques from Ten Award-winning Authors

Writing From the Trenches - Tips & Techniques from Ten Award-winning Authors

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  9 ratings  ·  8 reviews
TEN-HUT! Gear up for your writing with tried-and-true tips from the trenches. Ten award-winning authors share invaluable tips and secrets they’ve gleaned the hard way, offering a broad range of insights and opinions on the best way to tackle subjects such as the following:

Plotting Techniques
Research
Characterization
Villains We Love to Hate
Dynamic Dialogue
Sigh-Worthy Heroes
T
Published September 1st 2018

Be the first to ask a question about Writing From the Trenches - Tips & Techniques from Ten Award-winning Authors

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Writing From the Trenches - Tips & Techniques from Ten Award-winning Authors
Julie Jobe
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a treasure trove of writing info from some incredible authors with varying writing styles. I really appreciated that a variety of writing methods were represented. Each author shared her own "writing system" and each one is unique with many good, practical suggestions for planning out your book (or semi-planning and still following your pantser tendencies if that's what you lean toward). As a beginning writer, I believe that portion of the book could be extremely helpful in helping ...more
Jennifer Purcell
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review, and I am so glad I got the chance! Not only does the book have advice from some of my favorite authors, but it is focused on Christian fiction. There are constant reminders that writing Christian fiction is a ministry and is centered on God, and I loved that!
As a writer working on her first book, I love how extensive the advice is, especially the research and character sections. I found myself bookmarking pages so I could return to them lat
Sydney
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For aspiring and published authors alike, Writing from the Trenches by Connie Almony, Lynnette Bonner, Hallee Bridgeman, Louise Gouge, Michelle Greip, Julie Lessman, Elizabeth Ludwig, Ane Mulligan, MaryLu Tyndall, and Erica Betsch, is an excellent resource. This book is filled with many writing tips and tricks of the trade that will benefit any author at any stage in their writing career. Not only is this book helpful in the writing process, but it is filled with the humor and personalities of e ...more
A.M. Heath
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, research
My Thoughts: This was a terrific overview of writing. There were so many sections covered that it’s a must-read for aspiring authors. The beauty of it was that it was compiled together by ten different authors so you’re getting the strengths from each author. I found it so helpful that I immediately offered to buy a copy for the aspiring author that I’m coaching.
As a published author, I didn’t really find “new” information but rather a new way of explaining old information which I found really h
Crystal Caudill
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What I love about this resource is how easy it is to read. I simply read one entry a day/night and I glean so much information from this resource. Each entry takes me ten minutes or less to read, so it makes it easy to squeeze in some work-study time without being a hassle. I like to highlight, so a print version is what I prefer, but the e-book has links you can click within the book. Having both versions will be great.
Leann
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read about half this book but am setting it aside until January to finish. Work and life have just been too nuts lately. What I have read so far is top notch! The authors sharing in this book are full of great tips and tricks of the writing trade. If you are an aspiring writer please consider this resource!
E
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Great tips.
SaraBettyReads
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great way to sample different author's styles while also picking up helpful tips for writing. I especially enjoyed the chapters on developing characters, descriptions and the different author's plotting styles. ...more
Taylor Marge
Abigail Ford
Jan 03, 2019
Josiah Rex
Jan 03, 2019

• The Number of Love (The Codebreakers, #1)
  • Where the Lost Wander
  • The Noble Guardian (The Bow Street Runners, #3)
  • The Witness Tree
  • Ladies of Intrigue: 3 Tales of 19th-Century Romance with a Dash of Mystery
  • The Ransom (Legacy of the King's Pirates, #4)
  • Beauty from Ashes (Wyldhaven Book 3)
  • The Mistress of Tall Acre
  • On Eagles' Wings (Wyldhaven #2)
  • In a Pirate's Debt (Love on the High Seas)
  • The Land Beneath Us (Sunrise at Normandy, #3)
  • The Little White Horse
  • The Headmistress of Rosemere (Whispers on the Moors, #2)
  • The Redemption (Legacy of the King's Pirates, #1)
  • A Fall from Grace (Clavering Chronicles #1)
  • Forsaken Dreams (Escape to Paradise, #1)
  • The House at the End of the Moor
  • A Proper Pursuit
She’s just a suburb gal from the Baltimore-Washington megalopolis. And that’s what Connie Almony’s fiction is about, a diverse population which is truly, and beautifully, colorful.

Trained as a mental health counselor, she hopes you won’t hold that against her. Though this training helps her delve into the motivations that drive her characters, she promises not to therapize you.

Her favorite things

News & Interviews

We all want to spend more time lost in the pages of great books. That's the idea behind our annual 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge! It's...