Start by marking “Stand (Brazen Bulls MC #7)” as Want to Read:
Stand (Brazen Bulls MC #7)

Stand

(Brazen Bulls MC #7)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  164 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Tulsa, Oklahoma, 2001.

Caleb Mathews is caught between two worlds: Osage Nation, the world of his ancestors, and the Brazen Bulls MC, the world of his brothers. Straddling both, he struggles to be steady in either. The pull he feels most strongly is to his club. There, he knows he’ll someday find his place to stand. But to choose them is to betray his blood.

After her father
Published September 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Stand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stand

Amy | Foxy Blogs
STAND is both a verb (have or maintain an upright position, supported by one's feet) and a noun (an attitude toward a particular issue; a position taken in an argument) and it's what's represented between the pages of this book.

The story covers many deeper topics than just a guy and a girl falling in love. Everything from consent to social justice fills the pages.
When are lines crossed and rape happens?!
When do your words turn from ignorance to being racist?!
Is someone's prejudice okay beca
TeriLyn
5+ "…the space between those worlds." Stars

Another phenomenal love story from Susan Fanetti. A unique perspective on club life with the tormented daughter of a deceased member and the Brother fighting for his place in the world while fighting for her. Stand really pulls apart the idea of family within the club, once again. The Brazen Bulls have had a hard go throughout this brilliant series of books. Cecily and Caleb fortify the younger generation of Bulls. What that means for the both of them g
Stephanie
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Everything about this book worked for me. Caleb is maybe my favorite Bull at this point. His story and his personality I just loved. I think the author did an amazing job of showing his heritage in a respectful and authentic way and walking through his feeling pulled between multiple worlds. Now for Cecily- even though I don’t personally have any experience with anything she went through or any of the things she did- I understood her very early on. One thing that Susan Fanetti does a great job w ...more
 Liz
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 #PoeticStars ☆☆☆☆☆

photo PicsArt_09-17-09.38.14_zpso97d2cbs.jpg

Watch yourself because this Gingersnap has claws, and she ain't afraid to use them. Cecily, gosh you've had a rough ride of late. I'm just glad this Bull wasn't so easily put off.

photo PicsArt_09-18-10.09.17_zpsx0h5rq0k.jpg

Ahh, Caleb. What an absolute trooper you are. You knew exactly where you needed to be, we don't all fit the same slot. Bravo for standing your ground with that Vodka bottle. Poor fella.

Times are changing for these Bulls. A lot of changes ahead.

Written with that true Fanetti Flair. I always com
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
This is the 7th book of the series and as always, the author puts us through the wringer. The MC world can be brutal and the Brazen Bulls are in the thick of some seriously bad sh*t.

The story is set back in time and not that things have improved over the years, but so much of the injustice and inequities described in the book are so very relevant to what is happening today.

Caleb and Cecily know each other through the Bulls. Cecily has been a hot mess since her father dies and Caleb has been fr
Alissa
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great book in the series! This story was pretty heavy in a variety of ways, and I don't want to say too much, but I liked that it didn't shy away from any of those topics, and I thought SF did a good job of exploring them all while not simplifying any of them or making them appear to be black and white. This was a book full of complex people and situations, and they were all handled with candor, compassion and care. There was a holiday scene with a letter that just about gutted me, and t ...more
Shaly
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
suzy
I think Stand is now going to be a favourite of this series, along with Leah and Gunner’s book, absolutely loved it. I love anything Native American Indian and it was great to read about the Osage Tribe and where Caleb fit in the world. I also liked Cicely, I respect when an author can create a character who can turn around from being at rock bottom and find her way back to the top, Cicely’s creative writing poems were beautiful. This author has dated this series back to the late 90s, early 2000 ...more
Jenny Mathies
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful story from one of my favourite authors. If I could give this book 100 stars instead of only five, I would. Caleb and Cecily’s story is beautiful. This book made me cry and the love I feel for this group of people is strong and real. I hope there will be more stories of the Brazen Bulls to come in the not too distant future.
Charlene
Another excellent installment in the Brazen Bulls story. Things are quickly changing in the club, and not all to the good. Caleb's story and heritage are treated very respectfully, and I love how he is able to bring Cecily back "home" to the Bulls.

4.5 ★
Karen ♐
Once again, Susan Fanetti gives us a story packed with emotion. Cecily, one of the daughters of Dane, has had a really rough time dealing with her father's death. Caleb, a member of the Bulls, tries to help her through her troubles. Of course, there's sex, violence and even a few tears with this one!
Sherry Molock
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was really looking forward to Caleb's story because I love this series, I loved his character and I was happy that an American Indian was the lead character and not a side-kick for a change. As always, Susan did not disappoint.

What I loved about this book, which is true of all of her books, is that she really does impeccable research. You learn a lot about Osage culture, about events that really took place (I was so fascinated, I looked up the history of Osage Indian murders in the early 20t
JudyB
Mirtie Raczo
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Completely Satisfingy Story

I absolutely love Susan Fanetti's writing. As eager as I always am to know the story she is telling, I always take my time and savor her books. If course I loved Stand. I found Caleb and Cecily to be very interesting characters. Caleb's ethnicity and his experiences of trying to find his place in the world make for a good story in itself. I really liked him and his demeanor. I think the author did a fantastic job in her descriptions of Cecily. She comes off as a comple
Suzanne (Lily)
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-sept-tbr
3.75 Stars

The Brazen Bulls MC series is one I highly recommend and it was a treat to catch up with past characters. Cecily’s outbursts, however, impacted on me embracing Stand as much as the other books in this series. I had to let my thoughts settle before I could begin this review. In the end, my struggles with Cecily turned out to be a minor irritation compared to the compelling and entertaining portrayal of the sensitive issues raised. The wisdom and compassion depicted within Stand is a tes
Kathi Zacher
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ms Fanetti delivers again!

The story of Cecily and Caleb is everything we had hoped it would be. But this is so much much more than an mc romance book. Those of us who lived in the '90's will be thrown right back into those feelings. While there are obviously motorcycle club elements in the book it also deals with depression, racism, and so much more all wrapped in the theme of making your own family.
K.J.
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully descriptive

One of the reasons I love to read a Susan Fanetti book is her ability to draw you into her stories. I appreciated her description of the Osage and Caleb's family's struggle overcoming the white world they now lived in. Cecily was not favorite, in fact probably my least favorite of all the female leads she's written, sorry, but the story is too good to let that stand in the way.
Beverly Donnell
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can always count on this author for grit in her books. My emotions was all over the place with this one. At first I didn't like Cecily & it took a while for her to grow on me. I loved Caleb from the beginning. All these characters have stuck with me. Ox & Apolla are my
favorite from this series though. Thank you Susan for sharing your wonderful stores with us. I have the best book hangover!
Leigh
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not my favorite

I’ve had a range of feelings about this series. From loving to abhorring. This book was the worst in my opinion. Cecily was annoying, bratty, and childish. Caleb deserved way better than her. He’s sweet, kind, but still has that outlaw edge. I gave it 2 stars just because we got to hear more about Maddie and Ox.
Jessica Lerch
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5⭐ Fanetti’s writing is like coming home. I’d read her shopping list, seriously.

This book had all the feels you’d expect from her books, I loved that Caleb could bring Cecily home to the club and in turn she could be the bridge between his worlds. These 2 are made for one another!

I loved it!
Suzanne
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 ⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐
The author has done it, again, and again, and again.
Each story in the Brazen Bulls adds to the last, and doesn’t diminish the world thats being created.

Each of her worlds - Pagano, Signal Bend, The Night Horde and the Brazen Bulls - are rich with detail, packed with family and their related dramas/emotions/conflict. And each book is a credit to the last one in each series!

Hot Reading Mom
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good story as alway with this series. Loved it; Generally. Caleb is a really nice guy and he didn't deserve the crazy that is Cecily. The constant screaming out people really made me dislike her a lot. Especially when they were trying to help her. A total pill.

We also get an update with Ox and Maddie (have the box of Kleenex ready).
Andrea Gillan
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Life goes on

This book pulls at your heart strings and gets you frustrated at the same time. A lot had happened over the years and everyone is older and life is changing. They have loved and lost and still have the strength to move forward
Robin
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Great read in this series. Hot, sexy, steamy, emotional, violent. Looking forward to book 8.
Leah Frank manevych
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I really loved Ces and Caleb ! such a great book!
me
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lots of heart ache but true live life to the fullest .. beautiful couple overcoming many optical
Melinda
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Powerful read. Love this book and adore this series. What comes next for the Bulls?
Fiona Deakin
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book. I hope there is more
Teressa
Sep 01, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I was born and raised in the Midwest. A few years ago, I was transplanted into the dusty soil of Northern California and have apparently taken root there. An inveterate geek and gamer, I am a fan of many things considered pop culture and maybe even lowbrow.

As a reader, my favorite genres are science fiction and fantasy, but as a writer, I've found my home in romance--or perhaps it's better to say

Brazen Bulls MC (7 books)
  • Crash (Brazen Bulls MC, #1)
  • Twist (Brazen Bulls MC, #2)
  • Slam (Brazen Bulls MC, #3)
  • Blaze (Brazen Bulls MC, #4)
  • Honor (Brazen Bulls MC, #5)
  • Fight (Brazen Bulls MC, #6)
“It’s different when people who’ve been living under somebody’s boot hate the foot the boot’s on. An oppressed people can’t be racist. They can be bigots, but not racist. You have to have power to be a racist...” 0 likes