Start by marking “Crimes Past (A Mac Faraday Mystery Book 13)” as Want to Read:
Crimes Past (A Mac Faraday Mystery Book 13)

Crimes Past

(Mac Faraday Mystery #13)

It’s a bittersweet reunion for Mac Faraday when members of his former homicide squad arrive at the Spencer Inn. While it is sweet to attend the wedding of a late colleague’s daughter, it is a bitter reminder that the mother of the bride had been the victim of a double homicide.

The brutal slaying weighing heavy on his mind, Mac is anxious to explore every avenue for a bre
Published October 16th 2018 (first published October 12th 2018)

Start your review of Crimes Past (A Mac Faraday Mystery Book 13)
Rhonda
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love Mayor Gnarly!

Lots of cold cases. Murder, humor and some surprises in store. Good not wait to read so read all night. Did not disappoint.
Love Lauren Carr's books. Lots of turns and twists await.
Sherry Fundin

Lauren Carr supplies a cast of characters that have me eating out of their hands. I loved the opening paragraph that had me chuckling to myself. I love April’s humorous, sexy day dreaming while she’s hovering over the dead bodies.

Who would walk into a hotel filled with cops and kill a couple of them? And how?

All that was in the prologue and I do enjoy a good prologue. Sets the hook and reels me in.

A cover up? Hide a body? Doesn’t sound like the Mac Faraday I know. BUT…

Mayor Gnarly has his ups an
Linda Hurst
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW

I made the mistake of starting Crimes Past when it arrived in my kindle at 11 pm. To make a long story short I finished it at 5:20 am! Literally couldn't put it down.

Featured Mac, Gnarly the Mayor, Archie and Mac's half brother David all characters that I love and Ms Carr never fails to come up with twists and turns to keep the reader guessing.
A word to the wise: do not start this book at bedtime, unless you want to be up all night.
Laura Thomas
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
So much happens in this book and I’m hard pressed to not spoil it for you when sharing my review.

Lauren gives you a mystery within a mystery, more suspects than you can shake a stick at, a cold case, and a cast of characters that will charm your pants off. Well, maybe not literally.

Mac Faraday feels guilty about not solving the murder of two police officers,, gunned down on their wedding day sixteen years ago. He made a promise to one of the murdered officer’s young daughter’s and he plans to ke
LAWonder10
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very talented author, Lauren Carr, "hit it out of the park" again with this amazing tale of Crimes Past (A Mac Faraday Mystery)!
Lauren Carr is one of the few authors who can successfully combine various mystery and dramatic situations without breaking the :flow" of the story, nor lose the reader's interest.
In this dynamic novel, Mac Faraday is haunted by a cold case sixteen years prior, which he could not solve when he was Chief of Police.
Now sixteen years later, he has the perfect occasion
Truly Trendy PR
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The thirteen book in the Mac Faraday Mystery book series by Lauren Carr is titled Crimes Past . A mystery that is full of surprises with twists and turns around every corner. Crimes Past is a captivating read that you will not want to put down. I stayed up all night just to see how this would end. A real page-turner that does not disappoint.
Lelia Taylor
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: full-reviews
When Mac Faraday hosts a former colleague’s daughter’s wedding at the Spencer Inn, it’s not just because he’s being nice to Gina. For sixteen years, he’s been frustrated with his inability to solve the murder of Gina’s mother and her new husband on their wedding day, back when Mac was a homicide detective. Now, many of the same cops are gathered again and Mac hopes to ferret out the killer, most certainly one of his former colleagues.

Meanwhile, Mac’s German shepherd, Gnarly (who happens to be th
Debbie Oxier
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mac Farraday once again finds himself caught up in a crime. When his old homicide squad shows up at his hotel for the wedding of a late colleague's daughter, Mac is forced back into the role of detective when a murder takes place. With seeming ties to a murder that occurred sixteen years ago, Mac has his work cut out for him. Of course his German Shepherd, Gnarly, has to insert himself into the investigation. His mere presence, quirks and all, add to the appeal of the story.

While this wasn't my
Sue
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story

OMG I loved this, I loved the characters and I loved everything about this book. I promise that you won't put the book down.
Joyce Ortis
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yea for Gnarly

Another great Faraday book. Please write more books with Gnarly. I always look forward to Gnarly books and he appeared in it a lot.
Lindsay
Ever wonder what would happen if you left a murder get away with killing two people with no evidences. It like it goes cold. It just so happens it heats back up 15 years later or so when the reunion is all booked and their a wedding to preform.

It all happens to be happen around Mac and the victims daughter no less. We know that Mac will not and has not given up on the case. It seems Mac need a little help. So who knew that someone would be called in to help for just a little bit. Laura Carr brin
Sherry Lynn
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First I loved it and another 5 stars for Lauren Carr.

Crimes Past was another great mystery for Mac, David, Archie and a few others to solve.

And as with all the previous books there is more to meet the eye than just one little 'ole murder or mystery. Excuse me that's how we talk in Texas.

There's always underlying plots and drama and this has a doozie of one. But I promise I am not spilling the beans.

One of my favorite parts is the cross-over characters from the others series that visit and ei
Marilyn R.
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This 13th book in the Mac Faraday Mystery series opens in the past at the wedding of 2 members of Mac's former homicide squad. The flashback ends when someone goes to looks for the newlyweds as their guests are getting antsy and finds them both murdered in their private room. Then Carr whisks us to the future for another wedding - that of the daughter the slain female police office.

Mac decided to offer as a wedding gift to the bride, a fully paid affair at Spencer Manor including not only the we
bonnie kirchner
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Crimes Past

I have read all of Lauren Carr books . They are the best mystery books I have read
The suspense is great and so are the thrills. I would give these books a ten star if there were ten stars . They are the best . Highly recommend all her books
Carla
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Crimes Past is an excellent novel from start to finish that leaves you on the edge of your seat.

In this story, Mac Faraday has his work cut out for him when a group of police colleagues are brought together again at the wedding of the daughter whose Mother was brutally slain alongside her husband on their wedding night. As this new wedding draws near, Mac is reminded of the case he never solved and when the hint of it being an inside job, that their murders could have been caused by a friend and
Susan
Note: While this is #13 in the Mac Faraday series, it works fine as a stand alone novel.

Mac Faraday is back in excellent style! This story captures all the thing I like about this series. Faraday has an old case that has haunted him, but also has new dead bodies to investigate. There’s a lot of great characters, and some humor too. Plus there’s Gnarly, my favorite doggie sleuth.

The plot itself was fun. An old case of two dead cops continues to bother Faraday to present day. A wedding (Gina is th
Meagan Myhren-bennett
Mac Faraday Mystery #13
By Lauren Carr
Read by Mike Alger

For 16 years Mac Faraday has been haunted by a case that hit close to home - two officers were brutally slain just hours after their marriage. And the wedding reception that was waiting for them was full of police officers.

Mac made a promise to Gina, the daughter of the bride to solve the murder that took her mother from her. But time has passed and the case has grown cold but it has never been far from Mac's mind. With Gina now g
Jessica Bronder
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mac Faraday has invited all of his old police buddies to come to the Spencer Manor for the wedding of the daughter of a late colleague. But there is more to this story than just Mac opening his wallet for the wedding. The brides own mother was murdered on the day of her wedding too. It is a sixteen year old cold case that Mac wants to close and what better way to bring all the suspects back together.

This story has a lot happening as Mac tries to uncover who really killed the original bride. Then
Amy
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mac, Archie, David, and Gnarly the mayor dog are back again in this latest crime solving adventure where Mac Faraday comes face to face with a cold case that he had failed to solve sixteen years ago. Opening up with the crime and with Mac as a homicide detective in the past, we get the sense that a killer walked away scot free. Mac’s promise to the daughter of the victim may take a while to solve, but he is thorough in his job and he is determined not to break his promise.

What really stood out i
Amy
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Crimes Past is the thirteenth installment from Lauren Carr’s series, Mac Faraday Mystery. This time Mac Faraday and his crew meet again at the Spencer Inn for a friend’s wedding of their daughter. Mac is reminded of the cold case murder of the bride’s mother. A colleague tells Mac that the killer is closer than he thinks. When that colleague is, too, murdered, Mac finds himself determined to find out who is the murderer and who he can and can not trust.
I have loved Lauren Carr’s mysteries and C
Leila
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Right before reading this book, I had read and reviewed book 1 in the Mac Faraday series. Let me say – Lauren Carr made huge writing strides between the two books and this book was an amazing read.

After looking at all the series and all of the books she has written, they do not go in order and they intertwine. I am definitely going to go back to book 1 of all her writing and read through all of them – in order. That is how much I enjoy Lauren’s mystery writing.

I was excited to see Chris Matheson
A mystery within a mystery, when a cold case impacts present day. Who commits a murder (double homicide) at a gathering of law enforcement personnel? Someone who believes they can get away with it. Logic suggests it must be one of their own kind.
Sixteen years later the killer has still not been caught. The murders are unresolved. Mac Faraday can not forget.
If you have not been introduced to the mind of Lauren Carr, settle in with your attention undivided. You need to focus to detect the clues an
Dawn
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I chose to listen to this book after receiving a free audio copy. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.

I have read several books in the Mac Faraday series. They all stand alone and they’re all good mysteries. Crimes Past is full of mystery with a little humor on the side. It is the thirteenth book in the series.

As usual, Mac is dealing with more than one mystery at a time. The primary case he’s working on has several twists and multiple murders before it’s solved.

I lik
Doreen
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a change!

I was excited to see another book with Mac and Gnarly and it didn't disappoint. However, I started reading these books because the language was always clean. This book had a lot of swear words that weren't necessary. Whatever the reason for that is irrelevant because these books are good without that. I downloaded the book, then uninstalled and because of the swearing. I downloaded it again a few days later and skipped over the words, replacing them with other words and it was stil
Amber Hawke
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Crimes Past by Lauren Carr was a well written book/audio book that had a well designed plot with characters that drew me deeper and deeper into the story. Mac Faraday was a great main character that truly made this A Mac Faraday Mystery something special. I really enjoyed the cold case aspect of it as too many books and TV shows only focus on cases that happen in the present so this was a refreshing change from the norm. Overall, I enjoyed this book and I hope to checkout more of this series in ...more
Brandy Mulder
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is interesting for sure. I listened to this on audio and the narrator is excellent. There is the main story about the two cops that are killed on their wedding day, and then there is a second murder that gets stumbled upon. There is a lot of players in this story as the cops are killed on their wedding day and the reception is packed with cops. Cops with secrets. Justice is a long time coming and boy is it a twisted path. I will admit I got a chuckle when the two cases briefly crossed ...more
Stormy McDonald
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Another fun and interesting tale from the Mystery Lady! With great characters, twisty plots, and more than a few laugh-out-loud moments, I highly recommend this series!
Emily
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great mystery!

Carr never fails to impress. Great characters and a great mystery. I can't wait to read more in 2019. Highly recommend.
C.
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fun Faraday!!! Keep going.
Bernie
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Crimes Past review

Crimes Past is the thirteenth fast paced action book in the Mac Faraday Mystery series written by author Lauren Carr.

• October's Fear (Larry Macklin Mysteries, #12)
  • August's Heat (Larry Macklin Mysteries #10)
  • The Driver: A Suspense Thriller (A Reed & Billie Novel Book 8)
  • Summer's Rage (Larry Macklin Mysteries #14)
  • Spring's Promises (Larry Macklin Mysteries, #13)
  • Mystery at Apple Tree Cottage (Eve Mallow Mystery #2)
  • Mystery on Hidden Lane (Eve Mallow Mystery #1)
  • September's Fury (Larry Macklin Mysteries #11)
  • Mystery at Seagrave Hall (Eve Mallow Mystery #3)
  • November's Past (Larry Macklin Mysteries #1)
  • A Subtle Murder (Rose Beckingham, #1)
  • Murder at the Carnival: A Cottonwood Springs Cozy Mystery (Cottonwood Springs Cozy Mystery Series #12)
  • Chaos in Little Leaf Creek (Little Leaf Creek, #1)
  • January's Betrayal (Larry Macklin Mysteries #3)
  • Never Walk Alone (Harry Hunter Mystery, #4)
  • Not Really Dead (Tess Winnett Book 5)
  • Bones in the Begonias (Lovely Lethal Gardens #2)
  • Wild Fire (Hawk Tate #6)
Lauren Carr is the international best-selling author of the Mac Faraday, Lovers in Crime, and Thorny Rose Mysteries—over twenty titles across three fast-paced mystery series filled with twists and turns!

Book reviewers and readers alike rave about how Lauren Carr’s seamlessly crosses genres to include mystery, suspense, romance, and humor.

Lauren is a popular speaker who has made appearances at sc

Mac Faraday Mystery (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • It's Murder, My Son (Mac Faraday Mystery, #1)
  • Old Loves Die Hard (Mac Faraday Mystery, #2)
  • Shades of Murder (Mac Faraday Mystery, #3)
  • Blast from the Past (Mac Faraday Mystery, #4)
  • The Murders at Astaire Castle (Mac Faraday Mystery, #5)
  • The Lady Who Cried Murder (Mac Faraday Mystery, #6)
  • Twelve to Murder (Mac Faraday Mystery, #7)
  • A Wedding and a Killing (Mac Faraday Mystery, #8)
  • Three Days to Forever (Mac Faraday Mystery, #9)
  • Open Season for Murder (Mac Faraday Mystery, #10)