Start by marking “Siren's Calling (The Sea King's Daughters #4)” as Want to Read:
Siren's Calling (The Sea King's Daughters #4)

Siren's Calling

(The Sea King's Daughters #4)

An urban fantasy novella from Piper J. Drake...

Amae Waters will never live up to her father's expectations--she's not a leader and she's not a solider. Rather than live with his disappointment, she's left his realm and built a life for herself in Seattle, a mermaid blending in with humankind. Her mission? To prepare the oceans for the return of her people. But she's not su
Published September 18th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Siren's Calling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Siren's Calling

Start your review of Siren's Calling (The Sea King's Daughters #4)
Siobhan
Sep 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Siren’s Calling is the fourth book in The Sea King’s Daughters series, and although I have only read the prior book in the series – Siren’s Curse – I found the book works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. I do feel, however, that reading the series in order does allow for a better understanding of what is going on. There were certain elements raised that I did not fully comprehend, elements I did not appreciate in full, and I feel as though this would be different if I had read all the books ...more
Timitra
Oct 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Rated 3.5 Stars

Siren's Calling was an interesting read. It's a mix of myth, magic and action all elements I enjoyed. However there was a bit of info dumping which bogged down the story a bit but overall an enjoyable story.
Elaine
The Sea King's daughters have been sent to Earth by their father to prepare the oceans for all her people to return. In this story the daughter is Amae Waters, a mermaid who lives with the humans in Seattle whilst keeping a close eye on what is happening in the Puget Sound and endeavouring to help the wildlife and area flourish. When the remains of an orca is washed up on shore it is obvious it has been killed - but what can have killed such a large predator? She is contacted to help investigate ...more
Eva Millien
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This novella is short but exciting, I love the plot and the author’s underwater world. The characters are strong and fascinating and easily draw the readers into this vivid world and there are lots of thrilling event that keep readers glued to the pages of this fast paced story that flows smoothly throughout Amae’s story as she discovers that she doesn’t have to be a soldier to keep the balance of the ocean ecosystem. The story is an urban fantasy so while the story hints that there might be a r ...more
Sofia Lazaridou
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked the story much more than I did with Siren's curse. It felt more complete in many ways. It got me thinking that the story is going somewhere and it made me more excited about the fifth book. Also, there is a hint of romance and I am all in for that. The cover is a little weird meaning that the model has a pose that seems random, but at least she looks like the heroine. Once again the story is only told from the siren's point of view and I was completely fine with that. The story was good ...more
Valerie - Cats Luv Coffee
Amae is not Disney’s mermaid. While she lives among the humans after being exiled from Salacia by her father, there is no denying that she is something alien and other. Her true form is sharp and dangerous, all shark teeth and razor-sharp fins and claws. Terrifyingly beautiful, she’s otherworldly and predatory. Even the way she thinks is cold and calculating, yet that isn’t even close to the soldier her father wants her to be.

However, as she discovers, she is not the scariest predator in the oce
CarolKat
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is not so much a romance as a joining of like minds. When called to evaluate the death of an orca, Amae was at first hesitant, she worked outside of the field, not within it. She had to hide her true nature from humans while trying to identify this newcomer to the Puget sound.

One of the researchers involved was also hiding his true identity. Keegan Boots is a Selkie, he also wants to protect and help the sound to replenish and be healthy.

Neither having ever seen the likes of what could
Sportochick
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Visit my blog for more reviews: Sportochick's Musings

In book 4 of The Sea King's Daughters series, Amae who is trained as a soldier, tries to save the sea animals from a mysterious killer. This book is filled with action adventure but also tells the story of a daughter who finally finds her way.

Keegan with his mysterious and quiet presence was quite deceiving at first creating additional tension and interest to the plot. His character kept this story interesting.

The emotions evoked in this book
Lauren
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it
The fourth in a series of novellas about mermaids, Siren's Calling still manages to stand on its own. Perhaps it uses a bit too much exposition to get there - Amae sure does like to ruminate on herself - but no matter. The story is fast paced and the two main characters are interesting in their own rights. I can't say too much without spoiling the story, but if you're looking for urban fantasy that isn't vampires or werewolves, this is a great place to dip your toes.

I received an ARC from Barcla
Kelly Pahn
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved Amae and especially love her deep sea depth charge. This is the only urban fantasy I can find by this author thenrest of her stuff seems to be romance but I'm hoping she'll write more urban fantasy.
Kelly Fisher
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read, well-written and well-paced.

The fourth in a serious of six, Siren’s Calling follow Amae Waters as she contends against monsters of the deep and family obligations. It’s a quick read with good pacing, interesting characters, and a hard-to-put-down story. Whether you’re reading this novella as a stand-alone or within the series, you won’t have wasted your time.
Becky
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 9/18/18.

Amae, who is supposed to be more like her sea king father than the rest of her sisters, doesn't have the stomach for the soldiering that is expected of her and has always felt like a bit of a failure and a disappointment. You definitely can't tell from her actions in this book, though--it's clear from the beginning pages that Amae feels protective towards her slice of the sea (Puget Sound and the rest of the area around Seattle) and that keeping th
Charity Myhre
Nov 18, 2018
Tracy
Nov 29, 2018

• Pan (Neverland, #1)
  • Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon (The Embraced, #3)
  • Mandrake Company (Books 1-4)
  • Finishing School Boxed Set (Finishing School #1-4)
  • The Aussie Next Door (Patterson's Bluff #1)
  • The Forgotten Beasts of Eld
  • Wicked and the Wallflower (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #1)
  • Lycans and Legends: A Steampunk Fairy Tale (Steampunk Red Riding Hood, #6)
  • The Cupcake Witch
  • Howls and Hallows: A Steampunk Fairy Tale (Steampunk Red Riding Hood, #5)
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
  • Secrets (The Hero Chronicles #1)
  • Press & Hold (DC Files #3)
  • Prince of Killers (Fog City, #1)
  • #Junkie (GearShark, #1)
  • Kiss Me, Daddy (Kinky in the City: Club 83 #1)
  • Whiskey Throttle (Fever Falls, #3)
  • The Play of His Life
Piper J. Drake is a bestselling author of romantic suspense and edgy contemporary romance, a frequent flyer, and day job road warrior. She is often distracted by dogs, cupcakes, and random shenanigans.

The Sea King's Daughters (6 books)
  • Siren's Tide (The Sea King's Daughters, #1)
  • Siren's Serenity (The Sea King's Daughters, #2)
  • Siren's Curse (The Sea King's Daughters, #3)
  • Siren’s Surge (The Sea King’s Daughters Book 5)
  • Siren's Storm (The Sea King's Daughters Book 6)

News & Interviews