Start by marking “The Man with the Glass Eye (Criminal Intentions: Season One #3)” as Want to Read:
The Man with the Glass Eye (Criminal Intentions: Season One #3)

The Man with the Glass Eye

(Criminal Intentions: Season One #3)

ABOUT THIS EPISODE

Multiple execution-style murders hint at a mob hit, but when Malcolm and Seong-Jae follow the clues the last thing they expect is a host of very familiar--and very dead--faces. They say dead men tell no tales, but if Malcolm and Seong-Jae can't even trust the words of the living, they'll never catch a hit man dead set on burying every trace of an underwo
Published September 10th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about The Man with the Glass Eye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Man with the Glass Eye

Simone
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Malcolm couldn't take this. This illusion of intimacy, this lie that only forced him to recognize that some part of him might want it to be true.

I swear to God, Malcolm and Seong-Jae are trying to kill me! Cause of death either an overdose of feelings or a bad case of unresolved sexual tension with a side effect of unhealthy curiosity about their background...

The author has a way to pull me right into the story from page one and won't let me go until I'm done. I tried to savor it, but in th
Shile

I am officially a goner for this series.

description

We are in book 3! Mal and Seong-Jae are playing the denial dancing game. The UST is still on level 99. These two dancing together was epic.

description

I am enjoying the cases too. This series takes the CSI format, where a murder occurs at the beginning of the book, then we follow the BPD, as they investigate the crime. The case in this wasn't as good as book 1 but still better than book 2.

The banter between the characters is great to read, and i love that
Lyn
Of course it's another 5 stars. As if it could be anything else. I'm starting to fall in love with some of the secondary characters too. I'm looking forward to find out more about Sade. They have me all kinds of curious about their past.
Malcolm and Seong-Jae may not be a couple yet. They may not be having sex yet. But the intimacy and feels are alive and well between them.
Nicola
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, m-m
If you haven’t checked out this series yet, go kick yourself because you’re missing a thrilling ride.

description There was always a killer on the loose.”

Once again we’re given a little more between two fantastic main characters to grasp onto, along with a suspense that keeps you on you your toes from start to finish as Malcolm and Seong-Jae go on the hunt for a hit man. Onto episode 4 for me and for my overall sum up as to why I‘m loving this series, my review for the S1E1— The Cardigans —covers that.

Truuss
Shelves: m-m, 2018
All the 5 stars ! Consistent, precise, sharp, detailed, hard as ebony, heavy intense and sensual. Just a few terms of how this episode is like.

Christ... I wanted Seong-Jae just as much as Malcolm. The way he was described... waiting outside dressed as lethal and sensual but at the same time diffidently ice-cold and disinterested... who wouldn’t want to climb this 6.3” height, plumped lipped beauty... damn!!
The sensuality was dripping... the tension almost unbearable...

My vocabulary is, again, mu
~Volha~
I love Cole McCade's writing style. It's so on point, very sensual and dark. It reads so easy and sucks you right in. His characters are complex, the plot keeps you guessing till the end, there are sharp twists and turns and you never can predict what his men will do or say. This time the murders are connected to the previous case that of Marion Garvey homicide. All the players are outlined but the politics and general prevarication slow the detectives to a snail's pace in finding out who is eli ...more
Karen
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome sort of buddy read with my fellow 'Criminal Intentions' fanatic...Simone. Thanks for getting through this one with me sweetie. It was an awesome read but having you to chat with about the things...all the things made it way better if that's even possible...I'll do a more thorough review soonish!

There use to be this show called...

'Cliffhangers' and trust me it was very aptly named because each week you were left with a 'cliffhanger' figuratively and on at least a couple of occas
mina reads™️
4.5 stars !!! Malcom and Seong-Jae hurt my feelings alot in this one 😭😭😭
Claude
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite, perfect
Detective Yoon:

His way of talking. Jesus. I love him.

Detective Khalaji

I love you Cole McCade. You've became with this series one of my favorite author. Your writing is so good. I really recommend these boys to everyone. You'll fall in love with them so hard.

Their connection. Adorable.
And seeing Yoon lose it. OMG.

This was hot then cold then sweet than cold...Grrrrrr I'm getting frustrated haha. Love them tough.
Love the end.
haletostilinski
Gah! I can't believe that's where it left off! I want more ASAP, man!

Also, while there is an opening scene of Malcolm with a guy after the fact, there aren't actually any sex scenes of Malcolm with anyone else, thankfully. Hopefully those will stop altogether? Yes? :D

These stories just have a way of sucking you in. And this felt like an episode that has more to do with the overarching plot than an episodic episode, like you'd see on a tv show.

The murder of a guy who was a drug addict but also
Ariana
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Ariana by: Simone
Signs of oncoming series addiction:

1. sleepless nights reliving each breathtaking moment between Malcolm and Seong-Jae.

2. tossing and turning in the wee hours of the morning, spinning endless yarns about WTH is going on behind the scenes. Cole McCade has got a knack for adding a couple of scenes at the end that leave you gobsmacked.

3. checking amazon for hair and head protection (too much 'tearing the hair' going on, and that's NOT going to get less!)

4. creating a very special, beautiful 😍 book
Nazanin ex-Profile
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book was everything that I expected it to be. It's brilliant. I can totally see why we would need 13 books per season and that there would be about 5 of them. I'm wondering so many things, I have so many questions that would be extremely frustrating if I didn't know I'd get a book each month. (I hope Cole McCade really keeps his promises because this is obviously so much work!)

The writing as always is poetic and thrilling. Some wouldn't care for the nearly Proustian sentences but I think th
Lori
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
OMG, WTF is going on with Sade!? This series has me hooked but I am not binge reading. I have so many books going at once that I have been really slow reading this series but I am loving it! Malcom and Seong-Jae have the slowest burn I have ever read and I'm not even mad.
Nat
There’s going to be 13 episodes in total I believe, so I’m not sure how many times I’ll continue to say “I’m blown away” or even more expletive laden praises. There’s still so much push and pull between Seong-Jae and Malcolm and the dialogue and narrative is soaked in UST. There’s a make-out scene between them in a club while undercover that’s so hot I needed a smoke afterwards. Most of all it’s the twists and turns of the investigation, character roles expanding and new players on scene that ju ...more
Chris
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military-crime, lgbtq
Well that was an intense episode ! Malcolm and Seong-Jae are killing me ... they are clearly hot for each other but have fences up that are SO high and close to impenetrable 😬 talk about trust / intimacy issues !!! This is a gritty storyline that now has me hooked...
julia ☆ [owls reads]
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, lgbtq-rep
#1 The Cardigans: ★★★★
#2 Junk Shop Blues: ★★★

3.5 stars!

“Unravel the strings.”

The Man with the Glass Eye is a surprisingly funny addition to this wonderful series. The lighthearted humor serves as a balance for the mystery plot, which is slowly becoming more and more complex. This installment truly explores the serialized episode format and cashes in on cliffhangers and plot twists that make this a pretty exciting read, if unfinished.

Cole McCade ups the stakes with this novel. The series a
Nicole
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This one so far is the best! I loved everything about it!

It has action, it has feelings, and it has secrets! And I am intrigued by those secrets! By the end I had so many questions.

What is going on?

Another day, another dead body. This one though is difficult cause they have no clues and where some of those clues lead they can’t do anything more. Their case is tangled up with people from their previous case and oh boy does it get complicated fast.

If some of you expect more Malcolm and Seong-Ja
JR
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

Once again this is, a can't put it down, edge of your seat, intelligently written story. It's an amazing reading experience.
Carol (bookish_notes)
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018, 5-stars
This review is also posted on my blog.

THAT ENDING. *screams into the void*

There are downsides to not being able to binge read a series. Are the characters at a good place at the end of the book? Sure. It's pretty much a HFN. Is the author really mean and leaves mysterious cliffhangers at the end of the book that hints at bad things to come later in the series? WHY YES. THAT'S A THING THAT'S HAPPENING.

If the UST isn't going to kill me between Malcolm and Seong-Jae in these books, the cliffhangers
Aleksandra
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-releases
This was a fun installment!
Or at least I had fun reading the book with all of the deaths and drugs and everything.

Although, the book features a scene of Malcolm and Seong-Jae dancing in the club, so fun is the right word to describe the book, don’t fight me on this.

Lots of cool revelations! New mysteries piling up! I’m excited to read the next book.

CWs are provided in the beginning of the book. (which I must say is awesome and I love when authors do it!)
Karen
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My love for this partnership grows with every book.

I adore the adjectives Cole uses. Perfectly placed and thoughtfully chosen they illustrate and illuminate his books. I’ve said before I’m a sucker for descriptive prose. Too heavy dialogue makes me bored but give me words that conjure pictures of sharp edges and crouching crows and I’m sold.

The Man With The Glass Eye has wolf and crow struggling to focus. Struggling to be together and struggling to just be. The case had me intrigued - is it link
Nazanin
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

Lisazj1
I swear, I am within a bare millimeter of yanking my hair out!! Or yanking SOMEBODY'S hair out! *stink-eyes Gabrielle* These freaking book-people have got the worst timing EVER!!!

Sorry, y'all are getting no review from me from these, just rambling rants until somebody gets their shit together, and it had best happen SOON.

*sigh* Dammit, both Mal and Seong-Jae have so many hurts beneath the surface, and the funny thing is that neither of them will turn to the person they need to help them. (view
Tania
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cole McCade delivered again.
The Man with the Glass Eye is, again, a captivating story. The criminal aspect of the plot is part of a whole bigger picture and slowly, the reader realizes, that Malcolm and Seong-Jae are sliding into a real mess.
Their relationship/partnership also grows in this episode and Cole McCade is a master in feeding the reader little snippets of sexual tension. OR serves us scenes like Malcolm and Seong-Jae dancing in a club. All for the sake of investigation, mind you.
There
*~*~Fawkes, Padfoot, and Prongs~*~*
This one didn't really work for me [I didn't like it and I didn't dislike it, it was just OKAY] :-/, and the only reason I gave it 2 stars - i.e. more than I planned to - is because of Seong-Jae & Malcolm!! I do want to read and find out more, and I REALLY anticipate the next book is much MUCH better!!

**********************************************

Alrighty, so I've searched far and wide, and have found my Seong-Jae Yoon & Malcolm Khalaji <333!!! Seriously, I put quite a bit of time sea
Stefanie
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
I liked this one better than #2! It makes me curious of the next book in the series and also about how things will go between Malcolm and Yoon. And off course the ex-wife. The scene in de club was definitely hot. I’m not really a series reader with the same people starring, I get easily bored. Mostly because this between them are going fast and the tension between them evaporates. In this series i sometimes think it’s going too slow, but then again; the tension keeps being there. So I’ll definit ...more
Frau Sorge (Yuki)
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my third episode of this serie and I like it. The main characters are interesting enough, the tension is slowly killing me. I liked that besides solving cases there’s larger plot and it’s unraveling slowly, oh so slowly...
There’s no insta-love, no romance, maybe that’s why I’m still interested. Off to the fourth episode.
Chiara
I love this series so much???
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Sunset Lake
  • Guilt by Association (Hazard and Somerset, #4)
  • Brothers in Arms (The Broken Road Cafe #2)
  • Cash Plays (Seven of Spades, #3)
  • Vanished 2 (Vanished #2)
  • Holed Up (Up to Trouble #1)
  • Cold-Hearted Concept (Concepts, #2)
  • Saved
  • Dirty Secret (Cole McGinnis, #2)
  • Splintered  (Splintered #1)
  • Risky Behavior (Bad Behavior, #1)
  • Long Shadows (Common Law, #1)
  • Love is Heartless (Love Can't Series, #2)
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • The Best Corpse for the Job (Lindenshaw Mysteries, #1)
  • Flash and Bang (Death and Destruction, #2)
  • All The World's An Undead Stage (Offbeat Crimes, #6)
  • Death Dancer (Dangerous Dancers, #2)
Slender. Angry. (Part) Asian.

Yeah, that about sums me up.

Hi. I’m Cole. Xen. Whatever you want to call me; both are true, and both are lies. My pen names are multitudes, my nicknames legion. Tall, bi/queer, introverted author of a brown-ish persuasion made up of various flavors of Black, Asian, and Native American. I’m cuter than Hello Kitty, more bitter than the blackest coffee, and able to trip o

Criminal Intentions: Season One (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Cardigans (Criminal Intentions: Season One #1)
  • Junk Shop Blues (Criminal Intentions: Season One #2)
  • Changing Faces (Criminal Intentions: Season One #4)
  • It's Witchcraft (Criminal Intentions: Season One #5)
  • Where There’s Smoke (Criminal Intentions: Season One #6)
  • Cult of Personality (Criminal Intentions: Season One #7)
  • Collateral Damage (Criminal Intentions: Season One, #8)
  • A Single Bright Candle's Flame (Criminal Intentions: Season One #9)
  • Backdraft (Criminal Intentions: Season One #10)
  • Crescendo (Criminal Intentions: Season One #11)