Start by marking “Charlie Et La Chocolaterie / Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” as Want to Read:
Charlie Et La Chocolaterie / Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Charlie Et La Chocolaterie / Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

(Charlie Bucket #1)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  664,451 ratings  ·  11,996 reviews
Madrid . 19 cm. 180 p. Encuadernación en tapa blanda de editorial ilustrada. Colección 'Biblioteca del estudiante', numero coleccion(14. ). Roald Dahl .. Este libro es de segunda mano y tiene o puede tener marcas y señales de su anterior propietario. ISBN: 84-7551-037-X
Audio CD
Published March 1st 2004 by French & European Pubns (first published January 17th 1964)

Dayanara its about a boy who cant afford anything found a golden ticket in order to go to the chocolate factory but u can read it and find more about it....
Amelia charlie buys 2 chocholate bars and the 3rd one has the golden ticket inside

·  664,451 ratings  ·  11,996 reviews

Start your review of Charlie Et La Chocolaterie / Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Patrick
Tonight I just finished reading Charlie and the Chocolate factory with my son. This is the first chapter book I've read all the way through with him. And it was a ton of fun.

First off, I'll admit that I love the movie. I grew up with it. (I'm talking about the Gene Wilder version, of course.)I'll even admit to liking the movie better than the book. Which is something that doesn't happen very often with me.

That said, the book is really, really good. It held my four-year old's attention. It's si
Grace Tjan
Jess, my 7 year old little girl, gives it 5 stars.

Comments while reading:

“How come someone is called ‘Gloop’? And ‘Salt’? Isn’t that the thing that we use for cooking?”

“What is ‘spoiled’? Oh, okay, I’m NOT spoiled.”

“Huh, Grandpa Joe is 96 years old?! How come that he’s even older than my grandpa?”

“How come Charlie’s dad can’t work at the toothpaste factory anymore? What does ‘bankrupt’ mean?”

“Will Charlie ever get the golden ticket?”

“Yes! Charlie found it!”

“Mr. Wonka looks like a clown!”

“How com
Lyn
Nov 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gene Wilder June 11, 1933 - August 29, 2016 - Goodbye Gene, you'll always be Willy Wonka to me.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl first published in 1964 was an immediate children’s classic and has inspired two film versions.

I was surprised to see that neither of the films came close to Dahl’s text. Dahl’s Willy Wonka is a dark creature who killed children, crushed their bones and baked them into the candy bars.

Just kidding.

This is of course a delightful children’s / young adult fan
Ahmad Sharabiani
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Charlie Bucket #1), Roald Dahl

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is a 1964 children's novel by British author Roald Dahl.

The story features the adventures of young Charlie Bucket inside the chocolate factory of eccentric chocolatier Willy Wonka. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was first published in the United States by Alfred A. Knopf, Inc. in 1964.

The book has been adapted into two major motion pictures: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory in 1971, and Cha
Jan-Maat
Slightly odd story of virtuous poverty rewarded by the evil capitalist who caused the poverty by firing all his workers in favour of employing non-human immigrants.

Unemployment from the chocolate factory, apparently the only consumer of labour in the otherwise stagnant economy of Charlie's home town, (proving I suppose that an excess of chocolate is really bad for you both economically and physically) requires that all of his grandparents have to live and sleep in one bed while the family slowly
JV (semi-hiatus)
Dark humour, sinister undertones, and playful whimsy blend together to create a classic children's literature that is lusciously sweet and delightfully disturbing!
"Mr Willy Wonka is the most amazing, the most fantastic, the most extraordinary chocolate maker the world has ever seen!"
Come now, dear readers! Behave and pull yourselves together! This is not the time for dillydallying. Willy Wonka is about to welcome five lucky kids into his mysterious factory! The caveat? Only five of these Gol
Matthew
My 2020 adventure revisiting some of my classic favorites from childhood with my kids continues! I just finished reading them Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and they loved it! I continue to feel great warmth and joy with the fact that they ask about reading time with as much enthusiasm as when they ask about tablet time. In fact, if they happen to be on tablets when I declare it is time to read, they drop them immediately and curl up on the couch. It is pretty awesome!

Charlie and Willy Wonka
Sean Barrs
I was planning on writing an extremely argumentative review explaining how sadistically vile Willie Wonka is, and how his god-like complex ruined the lives of four flawed children. But that seems insensitive at the moment.

Instead I shall simply say that Gene Wilder dominated his performance as Willie Wonka. He carried all the outward charm, the charisma and the playfulness, but still managed to portray the suggestions of darkness that permeate this character’s heart. Wonka is far from a good ma
Miranda Reads
Everything in this room is edible. Even I'm edible. But, that would be called canibalism. It is looked down upon in most societies.
Everyone knows this story. Little Charlie Bucket lives with his parents and both sets of grandparents. They all depend on his father for money and he just lost his job. They're running out of food, fuel and money when (just in time) Charlie find a golden ticket.

This golden ticket allows him and two guardians into Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory for a tour. Cha
Henry Avila
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Somewhere in the cold climate of the northern United States, lived a poor little boy....constant hunger dominates his existence , freezing winds in the winter, flakes of snow falling down on his parent's shamble of a structure, the home they live in, on the outskirts of a large city, with his hard- pressed father and mother , four grandparents in a bed the ancients never leave , their small residence ready to collapse , cannot keep the weather out, Charlie dreams...food to eat not cabbage soup t ...more
James
One of the first books I ever read. I wanted to watch the movie, but wasn't allowed to until I read the book. And so I did. And now, every few years, I want to again. It's been a long time. But who doesn't love chocolate and dreams and wishes and gifts? I think I may read this series... only looked at the first one.

FYI - Wrote this review ~2017 from memory as I want to have a review for everything I remember reading. If I messed it up, let me know! LOL :)
David Putnam
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my most memorable books. I didn't read, it was read to me by my fifth grade teacher a wonderful woman who introduced me to the magnificent world of books. Everyday after lunch we would come into class put our heads down on the desk and she'd read to us. It was my favorite part of the day. She also read The Hobbit, and The Bronze Bow. Later in life I picked up Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and reread it. The story held up. I was transported not only back to the world of Charlie ...more
Leonard Gaya
This tale starts with little Charlie, living in utter misery in something like a hermit’s hut, with four elderly people laying all day in the same bed. This is quite dreadful in itself, but hold on, it’s just an aperitif.

Next, little Charlie and a bunch of other children win a devilish marketing sweepstake and are invited to visit Mr. Wonka’s super-secret-chocolate-factory. A ticket to paradise possibly, since everything in there is just a “garden of earthly delights,” complete with chocolate ba
Justin
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm sitting here on the couch watching Violet turn violet and fill up with juice before being sent off to the de-juicing room. The sun is going down, and it's almost bedtime out here, at least for the kids. My night is just beginning. I've been halfway following along with the movie and thinking about how awesome it was to be a kid- to dream of chocolate factories and eating a lifetime supply of chocolate with no fear of diabetes or a heart attack.

This was the first book I read all the way thro
Jason Koivu
Nov 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, fantasy, food, humor
I was ten years old and already the magic was gone from the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, leprechauns, Santa Claus and his buddy the Krampus. All was stripped of its power to enthrall. Heck, even sex had been demystified years prior.

Then along came Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It gloried in candy, my number one passion of the day. But not only that, eating candy was the means to getting even MORE candy!

description

Ah, the golden ticket. How, oh, how I longed for it to be a real thing! I would've tr
Tahera
I have watched both the movie versions of this book, one (Johnny Depp's version) more times than the other (Gene Wilder's version) and I have to say that it is Tim Burton's movie that really stays true to the book and adds a little bit extra to it by showing a bit of Willy Wonka's past as a child.

Coming to the book, it is an absolute joy ride! The thing about Roald Dahl's books is that you really don't need to be a child to enjoy them....you can be an adult and still find his books enjoyable be
Luffy
Aug 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm giving the French version of this Rouald Dahl book 3 stars. As a teenager, I read the originally written book again and again. I thought the book lacked some pizzazz, which took me by surprise. what drew me more towards this translation was the desire to see how well the songs have been redone.

Augustus Gloop, the big nincompoop became le gros plein de soupe. All the other rhymes were not up to par. Verruca Salt became Verruca Sait, which for a long time, I thought to be a spelling mistake. A
Whitney Atkinson
The movie always fascinated me--both as a kid and adult--so I was really eager to jump into this and see if I could figure it out. But dude, i'm still stumped. I'm not sure if Willy Wonka is supposed to be mad, a genius, or a mad genius. There's just so many priceless lines of dialogue that the movies also captured so well, and this book is so whimsical and wholesome, yet dark with sort of a fable-esque message about greed and whatnot from the Oompa-Loompa's songs/poems.

I took a star off becaus
Manny

"And now," said Willy Wonka, "we're going to see something extra special... my Metaphorical Candy Room!" He flung open the doors, and the five children peeked inside. Augustus Gloop beamed with delight.

"That's the BIGGEST BOWL OF SKITTLES I'VE EVER SEEN!" he yelled.

"Indeed it is, indeed it is," said Willy Wonka proudly. "Three point three million of them! One for every Muslim in the United States! But, before you eat any, I must warn you... some of them are POISONED!"

"How many?" asked Violet Bea
Matt
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, children-s
Before there were amorous zombies, sleuthing twelve year-olds, or even a teacher who traipsed around in his underwear, children turned to Roald Dahl for their literary entertainment. I thought it the perfect time to zip through time and relive one of my childhood favourites, in hopes that I might soon introduce my son to the wonders of Willy Wonka and his glorious factory. Dahl opens by presenting the reader with Charlie Bucket and his family, confined to a small cottage on the outskirts of town ...more
Manny
"Isn't it wonderful?" asked Willy Wonka. "Haven't the Oompa-Loompas done a fine job? I particularly liked their poems. Quite perfect, don't you agree?"

Charlie turned red. "I, uh..." he began.

"Yes?" said Willy Wonka. "I know, it's not long enough. It should have been twice as long. Three times as long. But you mustn't discourage them. I'm sure they did the very best they could."

Grandpa Joe had meanwhile put on his glasses and peered at the book. "It's not that," he said. "Mr. Wonka, I think there
Bradley
I have to admit that there's nothing quite like reading a book to a kid that you both love in equal measure.

I cried, she cried, we both cried and laughed and cheered when those nasty, nasty kids got their just deserts. :)

And the songs? I admit I had a great time singing my own little tune to each as they were violently nasty and creative and delightful all at once. :)

Yeah. This is one of the best books ever. And I refuse to care one bit about the typos.

TOTAL CLASSIC.
¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪SomeBunny Reads (Phoenix)•*¨*•♫♪
'What used the darling ones to do?
'How used they keep themselves contented
Before this monster was invented?'
Have you forgotten? Don't you know?
We'll say it very loud and slow:
THEY ... USED ... TO ... READ! They'd READ and READ

The first time I read this book, when I was a kid, there was only one Charlie and the chocolate Factory movie, and I had never seen it. So I had the privilege to imagine my own Willy Wonka and give a personality of my choice to all the characters. Re-reading it as an adult
Tina
This is a middle grade, and this is the first book in the Charlie Bucket series. I listen to the audiobook with my daughter. This was a re-read for me. I love this book. I read this book when I was in sixth grade, and I remember loving it when I read it then. (*)
Manny
Since the Swiss make the best chocolate figures in the world, I thought I would pick up a few to take with me to England. I was originally only intending to buy a couple of chocolate rabbits, engagingly goofy-looking with big buck teeth and natty bow-ties, but the selection was so enticing that I eventually walked out with four rabbits, a chicken with a marzipan waistcoat and a chocolate chalet. I explained to the nice assistant that they would be accompanying me to London later that day, and sh ...more
Emily B
Feb 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book that never gets old. I remember carrying this around with me as a child until it fell apart.
Jeanette (Again)
If you ever want to cheer yourself up, go back and read a book you loved and read over and over as a child. For me, this is one book that will always be better than any movie they make from it. Nothing Hollywood does with special effects will ever be as magical as what Roald Dahl did with just plain old words.

It has been MANY long years since I last looked at this book, but it all came back to me as soon as I turned to the first page and saw the illustrations. I was immediately carried away by
Aqsa (On Hiatus)
Read for Reading Sprint 2019 in Buddy Reads.

description

After going through one-third of incredibly boring The Magic Toyshop, this was a treasure! I remember being in school and seeing kids watching the movie in our special video classes and wondering when will I be big enough to understand it. I have loved this ever since I watched it and I did have a physical copy of it which I treasured and with the help of which I learned all the songs, but it got lost in shifting 9 years ago. So I felt right at home wh
Tani
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll consider myself successful only when I'll have the same spirit as Grandpa Joe at ninety-six and a half.

• Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #1)
  • Charlotte's Web
  • The Cat in the Hat (The Cat in the Hat, #1)
  • Green Eggs and Ham
  • Where the Wild Things Are
  • The Giving Tree
  • How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
  • The Very Hungry Caterpillar
  • The Lorax
  • The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1)
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: A Play
  • Paddington's Adventures (I Can Read!, Level 1)
  • Where the Sidewalk Ends
  • The Secret Garden
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
  • Dog Man (Dog Man, #1)
  • Holes (Holes, #1)
  • The Little Prince

Charlie Bucket (2 books)
  • Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator (Charlie Bucket, #2)