Start by marking “Smoke and Mirrors (Fire and Fury Book Two)” as Want to Read:
Smoke and Mirrors (Fire and Fury Book Two)

Smoke and Mirrors (Fire and Fury Book Two)

It’s a fight to love each other, but it’s a love worth fighting for.

Tori’s life had been defined by loss. The loss of her father.  The loss of her innocence. And finally, the loss of her vision.

She prides herself on always rising above anything life throws at her, but losing the man she loves would ruin her.

Tori has always ferociously guarded her fragile heart, but s
Published August 24th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Smoke and Mirrors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smoke and Mirrors

Candace Tidwell
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Before I start this review, let me tell you that Avery Kingston kicks ass. She sent me this book as an ARC. You would think that would be a simple thing but not in my world. My kindle decided to act like a two year old throwing a tantrum. After several hours of trying to get the book downloaded and even speaking to a Amazon agent, which I completely stumped, she emailed me two different formats. That may not seem like a big deal to many people but it was to me. So thank you Avery!
Now on to the g
Cat Kelley
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank goodness when I got to the end I found there will be another book!

I love that both main characters have both strengths and weaknesses. Shows they are human. I'm a firm believer that communication trumps everything! And, they are learning... All the new characters introduced in this story have a true purpose for being who and where they are. Something is learned from each of them and, afterall, isn't that what life is all about?

I'm still wiping the tears, Avery. You've touched my heart with
Christina Youngren
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy smokes, what a journey into the lives of Scott and Tori as they work on finding themselves and who they are together. It’s a road of discoveries, of insecurities, self doubt, a battle to know it’s okay to be vulnerable, a struggle in not knowing what is ahead and understanding just how far their love can take them into their future together. Scott and Tori are remarkable apart but together they fit and everything just makes sense when they are one. They are on fire when around one another a ...more
Stefanie
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying I loved Chasing Fire, and I eagerly was waiting for book 2. Holy smokes it was so much better than I could have thought. I read it from start to finish in one sitting and finished at 12:30 that night. I was wrecked, it was that good. I could not put it down, I was drawn in from the first chapter.
It was a raw, emotional roller coaster of feels and just fabulous! I loved Tori and Scott before and now even more so. They balanced each other so perfectly. The wild hippy and th
Bubbles The Book Pimp
If you haven’t read the first book in this series... STOP what you are doing...do not go any further... YOU gotta read Chasing Fire: Fire and Fury book 1

Not only because it is the first book in this series..BUT because it is a truely wonderful and beautiful story that is filled with so much of Scott & Tori..to miss it would be an absolute disaster...and if you know me...I WONT and DONT do spoilers!

Following on from Book 1 this is a continuance of Scott & Tori’s story.

As a reader I knew
Book Boyfriend Whoarder Mari
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think I liked this one better the first book in the series, Chasing Fire.

First, Avery Kingston is downright one of the chillest authors I have the pleasure of getting ARCs from. She’s very humble and down to earth, and that carries over to her writing, which is so refreshing to read. She also hasn’t blocked me when I message in the middle of the night asking a bunch of questions or begging for insider info lol. She’s very tight lipped unfortunately.

Scott and Tori, these two have taken my hea
Deb Cechak
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Avery has created a world that is beautiful and harsh, loving and volatile, sensual and dirty, deep and despairing, life magnified, yet explosive!

Tori and Scott continue to wrestle through their relationship in Smoke and Mirrors,by Avery Kingston. This is the second book in her Fire and Fury series.

We desperately needed to know just what path they were each on when we left them in Chasing Fire, book one. And with a whole lot of inventively hot and sexy and heart grabbing words, we are allowed
Mandy  Smith
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely LOVED this book and series! A must read!
alt=picture of Tori with a gun in her hand, pic of Tori and Scott in a pool, pic of Scotts

This is the 2nd book in Avery Kingstons Fire And Fury Series.
I loved the first book however I adored this one even more.
I think it’s due to the fact that as we follow this couple along their journy, we get an inside look at what they are going through.
We learn more and more the farther along we read. We feel what they feel and watch as they explore and
Sarah Smith
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book...Oh this book! AMAZING! I was SO excited to read this next installment of Tori and Scott's lives. After they finally stopped their years of being FWBs harboring secret feelings for each other, they throw down the gauntlet. Scott wants Tori forever, offering a drunken proposal (so very Scott haha), but first Tori wants to meet his family in addition to a proper proposal and a ring. Scott agrees, inviting Tori to spend a week with his family in Texas. What follows is an exciting, hot, s ...more
Ariadna Basulto
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Avery Kingston once again absolutely nailed it with Smoke and Mirrors. She once again brings her A-game with great writing, awesome characters, and a storyline that sweeps you away into its pages.

In Smoke and Mirrors we continue to get to dive back into Tori and Scott’s world. I was dying to come back and revisit their story and I wasn’t disappointed in the slightest. Their relationship and story is one of explosive yet beautiful emotions. Their push and pull dynamic felt real and raw. Mostly,
Laid-back Book Bitches
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy Moly I thought the first book was hard to put down, this was way harder. Smoke and Mirrors is the continuances of Tori and Scotts story. I could not wait to start this book, I read book one heading out of town for a few days, so I couldn't pick right up (that about drove me crazy). I honestly didn't think I could fall more in love with Tori and Scott but Avery proved me wrong. One thing I have loved about both of these books is you can relate with these characters. I felt like these two cou ...more
DK Marie
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read the first book in this series (love it) and wondered if I'd like the continuation in Tori and Scott's story as much, or if it'd drag. If you have the same worry, don't. Smoke and Mirrors was hard to put down.
I feel deeper in love with Scott and Tori.
I love confident men but even better is a bold woman. Yes, at times it was a front with Tori but that only made her more relatable and likable. For me, I adore stories where either the woman becomes stronger or is already confident. Tori is b
Annabelle Costa
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Scott and Tori in Chasing Fire, and I was so excited to read more of their story. This book definitely didn't disappoint! It's the next step in their relationship as Scott introduces Tori to his family, and they learn more about each other's past. They are such a wonderful couple, and Scott is super sexy. You are rooting for them to have their happy ending, but I love watching them get there. I would love reading about this couple doing the laundry!

If you loved Chasing Fire,
Melinda Workman
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If possible, this second book in the series as better than the first. I really did not think the author could pull it off. Tori and Scott's relationship just keeps growing way past expectations or self imposed limits. The plot and story flowed so well and the characters are funny and easy to relate to. I enjoyed the side characters and hope to see more of them in future installments or series by this author. I can't wait for the next book in the series!
Lisa
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just love these 2 characters. I really hope you find a way to continue their journey for us! This is a true love story written so well. Keep it up girl you’ve got skills!
Pooja Kaur
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I devoured this book in 1 day. Thats how awesome this book is! When is book 3 coming out?!?! I cant wait!!!! I need me some more of Tori and Scott, amd Presley and Blaze and Keith and Mamma Harris!
Shelby
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I dove right into this book after reading book 1 in the series because I loved it so much and just couldn't wait to find out what happens next. I feel the same way now! What happens next!? While I could be satisfied if the series was over with the way this book ended, I was still thrilled to see there will be a book 3. So excited for that! Smoke and Mirrors was a great continuation of the storyline from Chasing Fire. I feel like I'm often disappinted by sequels and series because they just can't ...more
Helen
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I normally stay away from novel series that take more than one book to tell a story arc for the same characters. I know, I know. That’s really picky of me but I’m glad I didn’t realise with this series or I’d have never given these books the chance they deserved and boy they deserved that chance! I love the characters so much, especially their flaws and weaknesses and how they combatted them together. It was an addictive read that I couldn’t stop once I opened it!
Destiny
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the second time I’ve read this particular authors work and was just as amazed as the first book... you know how sometimes book two just doesn’t get there for you , well so not the case here!
Book two was just as good if not better than one. My only complaint is I’ve not gotten book three. Loved it
Kage Zee
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the second instalment of Scott and Tori and I can't wait for the next....
Jeanie
Sep 15, 2018
Audrey Ravine
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Tori's "I live my life my way" personality in Chasing Fire, but to see her and Scott in Smoke and Mirrors was breathtaking. Avery Kingston has a way with words and I was extremely pleased to see the second installment of this series didn't hold any punches!
I look forward to reading many more well written novels by this budding author!! I think this is just the beginning for Ms. Kingston!
Lindsay McDonald
Tanya Scuncio
Mar 02, 2019
Sarah Glover
Oct 15, 2018
Avery Kingston writes sexy, emotional romance featuring wounded characters at a high heat level.

Avery is a wife to a man who’s demons play well with hers. Mom to a slew of crazy kids. Dog lover. Crazy cat lady. Artist. Free spirit. Lover of unusual beauty. Fitness junkie. Collector of boots and fonts. Angsty drama addict and avid wearer of yoga pants.

Avery is a military wife and a sucker for a go