Start by marking “Tommy Twigtree And The Carrot Crunchers” as Want to Read:
Tommy Twigtree And The Carrot Crunchers

Tommy Twigtree And The Carrot Crunchers

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  7 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Tommy Twigtree and his friends enjoy peace and harmony in their garden.
That is until Robbie Rabbit and his Bandits decide that carrots are on the menu!

Tommy Twigtree And The Carrot Crunchers is the first book for children by Michael Firman.

Illustrations are by Nick Roberts.
Published August 14th 2018 by Clink Street Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Tommy Twigtree And The Carrot Crunchers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tommy Twigtree And The Carrot Crunchers

Whispering Stories
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

Tommy Twigtree stood overlooking the vegetable patch where his friends Olivia Onion and Larry Leek lived. One day he heard them talking about wanting to have more friends so he suggested they invite Charlie Carrot as he had some seeds that needed planting.

Olivia and Larry agreed and Charlie came the next day and planted his seeds. Over the coming weeks, his carrots grew bigger and bigger. However, Robbie Rabbit and his Bandits loved carrots and
Elaine
Just look at that cover - I think it shows just how cute and appealing this children's story of friendship, support and working together really is. There are great veg-characters, bad bandit bunnies and, of course, Tommy Twigtree overlooking all the escapades in the garden. When Olive Onion and Larry Leek invite Charlie the Carrot to join them, they work together to help him plant his seeds and there's a spirit of friendship and camaraderie in the vegetable patch. However when Robbie Rabbit and ...more
Teresa Kander
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
An adorable little story about cooperation and friendship. The illustrations held my attention more than the text, but small children will enjoy both. Highly recommend for anyone with young children in their lives.
Jasmine
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review coming soon!
Bev
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
This is a lovely short story and a perfect read to a younger child starting out reading as they can follow the pictures whilst the story is read to them. It is also a lovely book for those who are starting out reading themselves.

The pictures are lovely and tell a tale themselves which I found lovely to follow.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and found the story to be one of friendship and how friends stick together when other people can sometimes be nasty and on the verge of bullying.
We
Donna Maguire

This book has some adorable illustrations and it is them that really make this book so enjoyable. This is a cute story about friendship and cooperation in a garden setting which is one most children will be able to understand and imagine.

I read the book with my daughter and she loved the images even if she didn't really understand that plot as it is a bit over her age range but it is definitely a book I will be reading to her again when she is older. I th
Amelia
Sep 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
This story is a good book for ages of around 6 and under. In each picture it tells what is going on. If you don’t know what is going on in the book the pictures can help younger children.

I found the pictures really enjoyable when I was reading the book on my own and thought that the pictures were very bright and colourful and love the way the illustrator has created these.
Michael lives in rural Sussex with his wife. His story telling started when his eldest grandchild was old enough to appreciate a bedtime tale. Rather than read to her he began to craft stories about the trees, plants and animals that live in his garden. As time passed and a second grandchild also enjoyed these tales of adventure and daring, the stories began to create a whole world that lived and ...more