Start by marking “A Prince on Paper (Reluctant Royals, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Prince on Paper (Reluctant Royals, #3)

A Prince on Paper

(Reluctant Royals #3)

The Reluctant Royals series returns with a good girl searching for the life that’s not too big, and not too small, and the bad boy prince who might be just right for her…

Nya Jerami fled Thesolo for the glitz and glamour of NYC but discovered that her Prince Charming only exists in her virtual dating games. When Nya returns home for a royal wedding, she accidentally finds h
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Expected publication: April 30th 2019 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about A Prince on Paper, please sign up.

Melanie
ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

#1.) A Princess in Theory ★★★★

Buddy read with Fadwa ~ فدوى from Word Wonders! ❤
⚔ Silvia ⚓
Dec 13, 2018 marked it as anticipated-2019  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-april
These covers are a blessing/curse to my bisexuality
Lauren (The Novel Lush)
I mean, it’s 1 am and I have to get up in 4 hours for work, but no regrets! This series just gets better and better! A full review will come closer to release date but this book features some real LOL moments, and MULTIPLE LGBTQIA+ characters, plus some really nuanced relationships and interactions! I HAVE to read Once Ghosted Twice Shy tomorrow 😍😍
Lea (drumsofautumn)
Alyssa Cole has done it again, another incredible novel in the Reluctant Royals series!

“He'd spent so long running from love at full tilt that when he'd finally tripped and fell, his momentum made it swift and unstoppable.”

The third novel in this series has everything you already love from the first two. A beautifully developed romance, amazing sex scenes, a storyline that goes much deeper than you'd expect, with some really timely topics and of course a good portion of humour.

Although I'd s
chandler ainsley ♕
not DNFing but pausing

for some reason i thought these were standalones, and maybe they are advertised that way but i gotta say i was really confused with all of the characters are the beginning. i'm almost 100% positive that all of the side characters were from book 1 and 2 and i'm sure had i read those books i would have fallen into this book immediately.

but honestly my confusion grew and my enjoyment was middle of the road because of it. i have a feeling i could really love this book but i th
Amy | Foxy Blogs

descriptive text here
Follow Foxy Blogs at: Foxy BlogsTwitterInstagramFacebook
ambsreads
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
getting an arc of this lowkey made me scream.
full review to come.
Kristen
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
full review to come but i liked this one. not my favourite of the series, but it was cute. i didn't love some things, but they weren't big things. Alyssa Cole is an auto read for me, and i super hope that one king and his wife get a book or a novella or a spin off or something.

-------------------------------------------

ARC received from netgalley in exchange for honest review

description
Elley Murray
She plays dating sims and he's obsessed with fairy tales - how am I not going to love this book?! A Prince on Paper is my absolute favorite in a series of amazing books. I feel like I've loved each subsequent book more than the last, and I loved this one so much it was physically painful (to my heart).

I was so excited to finally get Nya's book. She's been an intriguing character to me every since A Princess in Theory, and then I loved her emerging and finding herself in bits and pieces (as seen
Lover of Romance
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review was originally posted on Addicted To RomanceI received this book for free from Avon in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

*May Contain Spoilers*

A Prince on Paper is the third full-length installment in the Reluctant Royals series and I am not sure if this author plans on more books in this series, but if not I have adored every moment in reading these books and I love the humor and endearing qualities that we have se
Robin
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't think I could like this book more than I liked the previous one, but I was wrong. This series just keeps getting better and better.
Kate Olson
(free review copy from Edelweiss) This is the 3rd book in a series, but there are also 2 novellas prior to this one as well - and let me just say that you should NOT try to pick this book up to read without reading all the previous works. I have read every word of all of them and I still had to do some stop-and-recalls to make sure I had everything straight, especially the main storyline tied to book 1. Such a fun series - I adore Alyssa Cole and will read anything she writes!
Tia
Actual rating is 3.5. I had a few issues with the story. I'm sure my issues are due to age.
Lacey
Look, y'all, I have been thirsting for this book since last July, when Johan made his splashy appearance in A Duke by Default as Tav's royalty mentor. Portia called him a "fuckboy with a heart of gold" and I fell in love.

The teaser alone checked all my boxes: A sharp-witted rake who plays dumber and flightier than he really is falling for a shy wallflower who's decided she's done fading into the background? Opposites attracting opposites while carrying on a fake relationship? A ROYAL WEDDING? Si
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
Actual rating: 4.5 stars

I received a copy of this book from Edelweiss in exchange of an honest review

My heart is in a poodle on the floor. Excuse me while I hug this book forever.

RTC!!
Amanda Mae
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Each installment of the Reluctant Royals series has been a joy to read, and this resonated with me just enough to make it even more of an enjoyable read. I loved it, loved it, loved it! I loved the characters, I loved the baggage they were worrying through over the course of the story, and I loved their intimate moments. Gah! Alyssa Cole just writes books that make me happy!!
Amber
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

*flails*
Kat
Aug 13, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I know, I know. I haven't finished reading the first book and am in fact only halfway through it, but I am just so so excited about the second and the third books!!! Alyssa Cole is my new go-to romance author, and thank the heavens I randomly found her in the GR Lists! :)
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Gah, I feel like a dick for not liking this book more because it's entertaining and light and fluffy af, but it also reads like an iPhone game or like Princess Diaries 5 or something like that. A Princess in Theory trended a bit silly for me, but this one's SO MUCH MORE. And I love fluffy and silly, but when you try to do a serious monarchy overthrow plot that legit involves people painting graffiti on the palace like in The Selection, I just can't deal. And it reads like the dating romance game ...more
Shala
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Prince On Paper
By Alyssa Cole

This adorable romance has 2 of my favorite tropes... Bad boy with a heart of gold loves the soft girl gaining her indepence, and FAKE DATING!!! Was this book written just for me?

Nya is on her way back to her home country for a royal wedding. On her plane home, she finds a passenger that she wasn't informed would be there. Prince Johan is the Bad Boy Prince on the outside, and has his reasons as to why he behaves the way he does.
After an awkward encounter on the
BOOKISHPISCES
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"This was just an act. This was just a dating simulation in three dimensions. She would live this fake happily-ever-after until the end credits rolled, because even if her dreams were too big, they were hers."─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
Nya has finally escaped the oppressive regime of her father and arrived in New York only to find out that it's nothing like she expected it to be.
Returning home to Thesolo feels like defeat in more ways than one and at times it feels like only the fictional prince
b.andherbooks
Nya Jerami left her home in Thesolo for New York in the hopes of forging a new path, one separate from her father, now in prison for trying to overthrow the monarchy and poison her, and one separate from being the sickly girl not capable of doing anything.

Reluctantly returning for the royal wedding, she is put into the path of bad boy Prince Johan von Braustein, the literal red-haired step-child of the King of Liechtienbourg.
Nya would much prefer to date the fictional Johan on her favorite roma
Natalie
awwwww i loved Nya and Johan. There was so much depth to each character. And i did not know before going into this that Johan was queer yessss!! and I love how we also get a bit his sibling, Lukas story of them opening up about being non-binary. I absolutely adored that scene between Nya and Lukas with the lip gloss. So poignant and beautiful.

I like the growth shown by both our MCs. How Nya realizes her worth and Johan realizes he can show his true self to Nya :)
Melisa
I adored this book. I think it might be my favorite in the series. Nya and Johan both seriously grow as characters throughout the book. And their support for each other as they learn what they want from life is simply beautiful. Also, total shout out to Johan's brother Lukas who is a superb secondary character. Overall, this was an excellent book with beautifully crafted realistic characters.
Christi
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, romance
I'm sad this is the last book in the series! The most interesting thing about this book for me is that Johan is really the one who needs to work through crap. Nya has baggage but she continually is honest about how she's feeling and what she needs and I love that. Very steamy, series characters, charming.
Jenna Friebel
ALL THE STARS
Crystal
It’s not often that I love a book so deliriously much that not only do I stay up late on a work night because I HAVE to read the ending, but I also procrastinate for a week on writing the review because I’m afraid that I won’t do it justice, AND I also have book hangover for a week. But that was exactly how I felt about A Prince on Paper.

Going into reading this book, I expected to enjoy it. Alyssa Cole is one of my favorite historical romance novelists, and this story sounded like it had a Prin
Quinn's Book Nook
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-romance
This book couldn't possibly be more adorable. I loved everything about it.
Aarya Marsden
4.5 Stars

I don’t want to spoil too much about the book, because it’s so wonderful and I think fans should discover all the fun surprises as they read. I don’t think the novel works as a standalone because both characters (especially Nya) have backstories in earlier books and their character development makes more sense if the reader has a clear idea of what transpired in earlier books.

THE HEROINE:

“If you take a moment to think before saying offensive things to a woman, and then don’t say them, y
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Austen Playbook (London Celebrities, #4)
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • The Devil Comes Courting (The Worth Saga #3)
  • A Duke in Disguise (Regency Imposters, #2)
  • A Rogue by Night (The Devils of Dover, #3)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • One Fine Duke (School for Dukes, #3)
  • The Hound of Justice (Janet Watson Chronicles #2)
  • Never Been Good (Bad Boys Gone Good, #2)
  • The True Queen (Sorcerer Royal, #2)
  • The Negotiator (Games People Play 2.5)
  • Love Will Always Remember (Shades of Love, #3)
  • Indecent Exposure (The Academy, #2)
  • Ten Things I Hate About the Duke (Difficult Dukes, #2)
  • The City We Became
Alyssa Cole is a science editor, pop culture nerd, and romance junkie who splits her time between fast-paced NYC and island-paced life in the Caribbean.

In addition to writing, she has hosted a romance book club and taught romance writing at the Jefferson Market Library in NYC. When she’s not busy writing, traveling, and learning French, she can be found watching cat videos on the Internet with he

Reluctant Royals (3 books)
  • A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals, #1)
  • A Duke by Default (Reluctant Royals, #2)