Start by marking “Dead in the Pond (Grasmere Cottage Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
Dead in the Pond (Grasmere Cottage Mystery #2)

Dead in the Pond

(Grasmere Cottage Mystery #2)

A Romantic Cosy Mystery.

Join bestselling author Dahlia Donovan on a cosy mystery adventure in Grasmere Cottage Mystery book two. With love, wit, and a murder to solve, life for Valor and Bishan continues to be blinkin' complicated in this sweet gay romance.

Killer on the loose? Check.

Frogs in the garden? Check.

Playing a twisted game with a killer? Not good.

Bishan T
Published October 13th 2018 by Hot Tree Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dead in the Pond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead in the Pond

Start your review of Dead in the Pond (Grasmere Cottage Mystery #2)
Jason Bradley
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, ebook, mystery
This just gets better and better! Have the third one queued up when this one is done!
Kristine
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery, 2018
This book picks up where the first book ends,starting this story off at a fast paced and not stopping until the last page is turned. I enjoyed getting to know these characters and following along on their journey. As with the previous book, this ends on a cliffhanger. I suggest reading this series in order. It’s a great series and worth reading.

A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I fell in love with the first book in this series and I fell even more in love with this book. This one picks right up where "Dead in the Garden" ends. However, this time, we get to read from Bishan's point of view and I think this make me even more excited to read each page.

Again, Valor and Bishan are faced with a murder and puzzles. They still are working to figure out who is targeting them and why. With each chapter, the plot gets thicker. And with each chapter, I am more captivated.

As much a
Kendra T
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thankfully I read this as a bundle book. It is listed here are 3 separate books, and I have to say that if I had read them as 3 separate, I would've been super annoyed. It is really like one big book in 3 parts, with a major cliffhanger at the end of this one.

Despite that, though, the story itself is really interesting. I like the characters of Val and Bish, and Val is such an awesome and understanding boyfriend. Bish has autism, and has challenges due to that, but Val knows him better than anyo
Daniel
!!! Part 2 of 3 - not a complete story !!!

This volume is from Bishan's pov. (The autistic partner who was off page for too much of volume one.)

Total cliffhanger ending.

Not doing a real review until the end of volume 3 since it's really just one book randomly chopped into thirds.
Brooke Banks
I received this book for free from Silver Dagger Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Content Warning: Murder, Attempted Murder, Stalking, Arson, Kidnapping, Ableism, Racism.

So, I was actually only supposed to review the first book, Dead in the Garden. Instead, I totally read all three back to back in quick succession. Great reading experience for me, harder to review as I think of all three books as one, like seeing
Debbie
This is book two in the Grasmere Cottage Mystery Trilogy, and you MUST read book one, Dead In The Garden, before you read this one. They are NOT stand alones and they follow on.

Bishan, now out of jail, and Valor still have no idea who is killing, and why Bish and Valor have been singled out. Then another body is discovered, and Valor's worst nightmare comes true. Bish tries, he really does, but he just wants things to go back to the way they were, before.

Bishan has his say here, and just Bishan.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
More action, more intrigue, and more questions!! Once again, Donovan leaves us at the edge of a cliff, desperate for answers. The stakes are even higher this time and we are still no closer to discovering who the killer is.

The death toll keeps rising and I’m not sure what to think about that. In addition to that, there are lots of characters to keep track of. At times it’s confusing as we haven’t met most except for the quick party scene in the first book. They mention these names and I have to
Lisa
Apr 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Dead in the Pond immediately picks up after the ending in Dead in the Garden. Bishan has just been released from jail after he was arrested as a suspect for murdering a former classmate. It turns out the police arrested the wrong person and now there's a murderous serial killer on the loose killing former classmates and heads of their alma mater. I enjoyed hearing Bishan's POV in the second book as he tries to ease back into a normal routine after weeks in prison. The mystery continues in Book 2 ...more
Crowinator
Actual rating: 3.5 stars. I read all three of these short novels by the pool on a short mini-vacation two hours away from home. With the cliffhangers on books one and two, you might as well make sure you have all three queued up because if you like it even a little, you have to keep reading. This is basically one book split into three parts, which is probably all due to marketing and fairly common on Amazon, honestly. It’s a sweet, inclusive, gay cozy mystery with maybe more Murder and Stress th ...more
Arlene Mullen
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So this book picks up right where book 1 ended. A heartbreaking death for the couple. Sadly it only is going to only get worse for the guys and their friends and family. Valor works on trying to figure out what his family wants and why they keep trying to get him to come back home. On top of that he has to deal with helping Bishan find some sort of normal from prison. But their is no time for routine or rest. AMD it ends in a cliffhanger
The second book really takes off with the action. Bishan sp
Jennifer Reilley
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book sucked me right in and I read this in one day. I could not put it down.

Val and Bish have been through the ringer and it’s not about to get any better for them. This books picked right up where book one left off. There is a killer on the loose and no one is safe.

We get to see more of Bish and how he interacts and reacts to the friends and family through this stressful time. I totally fell in love with these guys and their relationship. They are perfect for each other and know how to ca
Deeze
Jun 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another very mysterious mystery.

I enjoyed getting to hear through Bish in this one.

I love how sweet this couple are.

The murderer is intriguing me. I'm eagerly looking forward to all being revealed.

My only niggle is again being left hanging and feeling I am being held hostage to buy the next book.

Agla
Dec 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
The plot thickens and is not resolved. This installment is told from Bishan POV. This feels more like 3 parts of the same book (especially given their short length) than a series so it's difficult to summarize: you need to have read the first book because it takes up right where the first left off and nothing is explained again. It's still fun and light. ...more
Ike Rose-author
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling

I love book 2 as much as I loved book 1! An autistic Anglo-Indian and a disinherited aristocrat may not seem to have much in common, but these two fascinating men have to fight a serial killer to survive.
A great gay series!
Daylin
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Again, super cute. That cliffhanger ending got me. I’m really excited to see how the third and final book plays out
Brooklyn
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lendable
Cliffhanger! You better have book three ready to go because this ends in a big cliffhanger and book three picks up right where this one left off. Thank goodness I got all three books at the same time.
Gail Overholt
In her forward to her book Murder at Pirate's Cove, Josh Lanyon states a cozy mystery doesn't include on-page sex. (Probably written so her long-standing fans wouldn't be disappointed.) So if you're looking for steamy sex, this series isn't for you. However, if you enjoy the sweetness of a still-romantic established couple, each man with his own challenges, by all means, read the series!

This second book is told from Bishan's POV. We see his every day struggles with autism and how he copes with i
Melanie
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

For Books 1 through 3

Rating 5 stars out of 5

For the full review visit https://wp.me/p220KL-eUe
From that Review: "The stories appear together under one cover in paperback format at Hot Tree Publishing, also separately in all eBook formats wherein lies the rub for me. See, I was lucky to read it as one story (still not sure how the author and publisher gave me the paperback version in e format). Cal them. Because read in one flowing story? The best thing
KindMaryJane
Jun 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, m-m, mystery
Ashley
Oct 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: bb-review
This is the second installment in the Grasmere Cottage Mystery. If you haven't read the first in the series, it is a must in order to understand what is happening with Bishan, Valor and the murders. Dead in the Pond picks up right where Dead in the Garden left off.

This story is told from Bishan's point of view. You get a bit of an insight into how the autistic mind works. His mind thrives on routine, logic and when his mind wanders, you get to see how he comes back to himself. You also see how
Mari  Cardenas
4.5 Stars!

Dead in the Pond is book 2 in the Grasmere Cottage Mystery Trilogy and it needs to be read in order, do not try to skip book 1 because you'll be thoroughly lost otherwise, plus it's a fantastic read (despite the evil cliffhanger). If you don't like cliffhangers, well, you just have one more week before the third book is released so it's not that long of a wait, anyway.

This time around we got Bishan's POV and let me tell you, Dahlia Donovan did a fantastic job with him. She was able to
Kathryn Manzella
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bishan is recovering from the memories of being falsely accused of murder and his time in jail waiting for release. How can he relax when he keeps expecting the police to come back and lock him up again. With Valor, he works to solve the mystery especially as another body is found.
Being autistic, he has to work for his right to his independence, he refuses to let this steal that away from him. He is going to fight to find the killer and keep the rest of his friends and family safe.

I really lik
books are love
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series you fall in love with from the beginning but this book you just are more in love with Bishan and Valor with each passing page. I love how Valor is there for Bishan and doesn’t push him. He just loves him and supports him. He believes in his strength and helps when Bishan needs it.

I love how yes Bishan is struggling but he isn’t letting the killer win. He is slowing finding his normal and fighting back. I love how he loves is family and how he is with VAlor. We learn more about Bishan
Wine&BookLover42
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dead in the Pond
By: Dahlia Donovan
I was asked by the author or publisher to give an honest review of this book.
I give this one 5 tiaras:

Overall I liked this book and read it quickly. I ended up reading all three books rather quickly as the endings leaving it hanging and I didn’t want to keep waiting to know how things would end. I felt so sorry for these characters and the fact that their lives could never be just another day.
Bish is an autistic, sweet but Sheldon-like person (from Big Bang T
Dana Busenbark
We continue on where we left off in Dead in the Garden. More than half way through this second book and I was realizing that some of what I was thinking was faulty. Especially after at least one more body drops. This is truly a 'Who dun it?' book as there are reasons why different people could and would be behind the murders. Who has been murdered already? Who else gets murdered? How are they all connected, if at all? What is the deal with the puzzles that are left? Why does Valor go to London t ...more
Dolorianne
Apr 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Death In the Pond is told from Bishan's POV, which surprised me. The first book was solely Valor's POV and I just assumed he would continue throughout the series. Bishan's POV is amazing. The author did a great job giving each man a unique voice. Maybe it's because one is autistic and the other is not, so there would be clear differences anyway. But I'm interested to see if that's the same in this author's other books.

In the meantime, the mystery is definitely escalating. The danger is more int
Brianne Maffett
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing

As much a
VVivacious
The plot thickens. The second book always has a weird spot in a trilogy you can't solve the mystery but somehow you have to still up the ante without actually giving away the ending. This book was fabulous but now I am more curious than ever to find out who our killer is.

This book is amazingly written from Bishan's POV and I really wanted more of Bishan and I got him. I kind of sympathize with the fact that words get stuck in his head because they sometimes get stuck in mine too and him randomly
Kathy Wideman
This is the second book in this series and they must be read in order. I am loving this series so much. There is a killer on the loose and he seems to be targeting Bish and Val for some reason. Not only them but people connected to the school they went to as well. The guys along with the police are trying to figure out who it is and why they are doing this. Will they be able to figure out who it is before one of them gets killed? Val, Bish, and their gang of family and friends are such great cha ...more

• Murder at Pirate's Cove (Secrets and Scrabble, #1)
  • Secret at Skull House (Secrets and Scrabble #2)
  • How to Steal a Thief (Unholy Trifecta, #2)
  • Interlude (Snow & Winter)
  • How to Save a Human (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #4)
  • The Murder Between Us (A Noah & Cole Thriller, #1)
  • Dead Serious Case #1: Miz Dusty Le Frey (Crawshanks Guide to the Recently Departed, #1)
  • The Matchmakers (The Matchmakers)
  • Griff's Place (Havenwood #4)
  • Body at Buccaneer's Bay (Secrets and Scrabble, #5)
  • Scandal at the Salty Dog (Secrets and Scrabble, #4)
  • Devil's Hour (Zero Hour, #2)
  • Spring Strings
  • The Best Corpse for the Job (Lindenshaw Mysteries, #1)
  • Overly Dramatic (Treading the Boards, # 1)
  • The Forgotten Dead (OutFoxing the Paranormal, #1)
  • Mystery at the Masquerade (Secrets and Scrabble, #3)
See top shelves…
Dahlia Donovan wrote her first romance series after a crazy dream about shifters and damsels in distress. She prefers irreverent humour and unconventional characters. An autistic and occasional hermit, her life wouldn’t be complete without her husband and her massive collection of books and video games.

Grasmere Cottage Mystery (3 books)
  • Dead in the Garden (Grasmere Cottage Mystery, #1)
  • Dead in the Shop (Grasmere Cottage Mystery #3)