Start by marking “Dead in the Pond (Grasmere Cottage Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
Dead in the Pond (Grasmere Cottage Mystery #2)

Dead in the Pond

(Grasmere Cottage Mystery #2)

A Romantic Cosy Mystery.

Join bestselling author Dahlia Donovan on a cosy mystery adventure in Grasmere Cottage Mystery book two. With love, wit, and a murder to solve, life for Valor and Bishan continues to be blinkin' complicated in this sweet gay romance.

Killer on the loose? Check.

Frogs in the garden? Check.

Playing a twisted game with a killer? Not good.

Bishan Tambo
Published October 13th 2018 by Hot Tree Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dead in the Pond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead in the Pond

Jason Bradley
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, ebook, mystery
This just gets better and better! Have the third one queued up when this one is done!
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, cozy-mystery
This book picks up where the first book ends,starting this story off at a fast paced and not stopping until the last page is turned. I enjoyed getting to know these characters and following along on their journey. As with the previous book, this ends on a cliffhanger. I suggest reading this series in order. It’s a great series and worth reading.

A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I fell in love with the first book in this series and I fell even more in love with this book. This one picks right up where "Dead in the Garden" ends. However, this time, we get to read from Bishan's point of view and I think this make me even more excited to read each page.

Again, Valor and Bishan are faced with a murder and puzzles. They still are working to figure out who is targeting them and why. With each chapter, the plot gets thicker. And with each chapter, I am more captivated.

As much a
Kendra T
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thankfully I read this as a bundle book. It is listed here are 3 separate books, and I have to say that if I had read them as 3 separate, I would've been super annoyed. It is really like one big book in 3 parts, with a major cliffhanger at the end of this one.

Despite that, though, the story itself is really interesting. I like the characters of Val and Bish, and Val is such an awesome and understanding boyfriend. Bish has autism, and has challenges due to that, but Val knows him better than anyo
Daniel
!!! Part 2 of 3 - not a complete story !!!

This volume is from Bishan's pov. (The autistic partner who was off page for too much of volume one.)

Total cliffhanger ending.

Not doing a real review until the end of volume 3 since it's really just one book randomly chopped into thirds.
Brooke Banks
I received this book for free from Silver Dagger Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Content Warning: Murder, Attempted Murder, Stalking, Arson, Kidnapping, Ableism, Racism.

So, I was actually only supposed to review the first book, Dead in the Garden. Instead, I totally read all three back to back in quick succession. Great reading experience for me, harder to review as I think of all three books as one, like seeing
Debbie
This is book two in the Grasmere Cottage Mystery Trilogy, and you MUST read book one, Dead In The Garden, before you read this one. They are NOT stand alones and they follow on.

Bishan, now out of jail, and Valor still have no idea who is killing, and why Bish and Valor have been singled out. Then another body is discovered, and Valor's worst nightmare comes true. Bish tries, he really does, but he just wants things to go back to the way they were, before.

Bishan has his say here, and just Bishan.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
More action, more intrigue, and more questions!! Once again, Donovan leaves us at the edge of a cliff, desperate for answers. The stakes are even higher this time and we are still no closer to discovering who the killer is.

The death toll keeps rising and I’m not sure what to think about that. In addition to that, there are lots of characters to keep track of. At times it’s confusing as we haven’t met most except for the quick party scene in the first book. They mention these names and I have to
Arlene Mullen
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So this book picks up right where book 1 ended. A heartbreaking death for the couple. Sadly it only is going to only get worse for the guys and their friends and family. Valor works on trying to figure out what his family wants and why they keep trying to get him to come back home. On top of that he has to deal with helping Bishan find some sort of normal from prison. But their is no time for routine or rest. AMD it ends in a cliffhanger
The second book really takes off with the action. Bishan sp
Jennifer Reilley
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book sucked me right in and I read this in one day. I could not put it down.

Val and Bish have been through the ringer and it’s not about to get any better for them. This books picked right up where book one left off. There is a killer on the loose and no one is safe.

We get to see more of Bish and how he interacts and reacts to the friends and family through this stressful time. I totally fell in love with these guys and their relationship. They are perfect for each other and know how to ca
Ike Rose-author
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling

I love book 2 as much as I loved book 1! An autistic Anglo-Indian and a disinherited aristocrat may not seem to have much in common, but these two fascinating men have to fight a serial killer to survive.
A great gay series!
Daylin
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Again, super cute. That cliffhanger ending got me. I’m really excited to see how the third and final book plays out
Melanie
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

For Books 1 through 3

Rating 5 stars out of 5

For the full review visit https://wp.me/p220KL-eUe
From that Review: "The stories appear together under one cover in paperback format at Hot Tree Publishing, also separately in all eBook formats wherein lies the rub for me. See, I was lucky to read it as one story (still not sure how the author and publisher gave me the paperback version in e format). Cal them. Because read in one flowing story? The best thing
Ashley
Oct 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: bb-review
This is the second installment in the Grasmere Cottage Mystery. If you haven't read the first in the series, it is a must in order to understand what is happening with Bishan, Valor and the murders. Dead in the Pond picks up right where Dead in the Garden left off.

This story is told from Bishan's point of view. You get a bit of an insight into how the autistic mind works. His mind thrives on routine, logic and when his mind wanders, you get to see how he comes back to himself. You also see how
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
4.5 Stars!

Dead in the Pond is book 2 in the Grasmere Cottage Mystery Trilogy and it needs to be read in order, do not try to skip book 1 because you'll be thoroughly lost otherwise, plus it's a fantastic read (despite the evil cliffhanger). If you don't like cliffhangers, well, you just have one more week before the third book is released so it's not that long of a wait, anyway.

This time around we got Bishan's POV and let me tell you, Dahlia Donovan did a fantastic job with him. She was able to
Wine&BookLover42
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dead in the Pond
By: Dahlia Donovan
I was asked by the author or publisher to give an honest review of this book.
I give this one 5 tiaras:

Overall I liked this book and read it quickly. I ended up reading all three books rather quickly as the endings leaving it hanging and I didn’t want to keep waiting to know how things would end. I felt so sorry for these characters and the fact that their lives could never be just another day.
Bish is an autistic, sweet but Sheldon-like person (from Big Bang T
books are love
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series you fall in love with from the beginning but this book you just are more in love with Bishan and Valor with each passing page. I love how Valor is there for Bishan and doesn’t push him. He just loves him and supports him. He believes in his strength and helps when Bishan needs it.

I love how yes Bishan is struggling but he isn’t letting the killer win. He is slowing finding his normal and fighting back. I love how he loves is family and how he is with VAlor. We learn more about Bishan
Kathryn Manzella
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bishan is recovering from the memories of being falsely accused of murder and his time in jail waiting for release. How can he relax when he keeps expecting the police to come back and lock him up again. With Valor, he works to solve the mystery especially as another body is found.
Being autistic, he has to work for his right to his independence, he refuses to let this steal that away from him. He is going to fight to find the killer and keep the rest of his friends and family safe.

I really lik
Dana Busenbark
We continue on where we left off in Dead in the Garden. More than half way through this second book and I was realizing that some of what I was thinking was faulty. Especially after at least one more body drops. This is truly a 'Who dun it?' book as there are reasons why different people could and would be behind the murders. Who has been murdered already? Who else gets murdered? How are they all connected, if at all? What is the deal with the puzzles that are left? Why does Valor go to London t ...more
Brianne Maffett
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing

As much a
VVivacious
The plot thickens. The second book always has a weird spot in a trilogy you can't solve the mystery but somehow you have to still up the ante without actually giving away the ending. This book was fabulous but now I am more curious than ever to find out who our killer is.

This book is amazingly written from Bishan's POV and I really wanted more of Bishan and I got him. I kind of sympathize with the fact that words get stuck in his head because they sometimes get stuck in mine too and him randomly
Kathy Wideman
This is the second book in this series and they must be read in order. I am loving this series so much. There is a killer on the loose and he seems to be targeting Bish and Val for some reason. Not only them but people connected to the school they went to as well. The guys along with the police are trying to figure out who it is and why they are doing this. Will they be able to figure out who it is before one of them gets killed? Val, Bish, and their gang of family and friends are such great cha ...more
Heather Martin
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
**Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie from Give Me Books Promotions for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.**

Dead in the Pond is the second book in a trilogy by Dahlia Donovan. All three books are connected and continue the same story and mystery so I’d recommend that if you’re going to read this you read them in the appropriate order. This book and book 1 both end with a cliffhanger, so you’ve been forewarned. I am one of those people who hate cli
Maria Vickers
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More murder mystery! Bishan and Valor are back, and I have to say that I think I liked Dead in the Pond more than I liked Dead in the Garden (and I loved that book). Nothing is ever easy for these two, and that is only the tip of the iceberg. This book will draw you and before you realize it, you reach the last page. I wasn't ready for it to end, but luckily, there is a book 3 in this series.

These characters and story are captivating, and I think I bit off more than a couple of nails with this
Mythili
Feb 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: book-riot-2019
Is it cheating for one series to fill two slots? It's so hard to find books with less than 100 reviews! So for now...this is Book Riot Read Harder 2019 #9: A book published prior to January 1, 2019, with fewer than 100 reviews on Goodreads

The story continues for our little cornucopia of quirky characters in some little village far enough from London that we can't zip there on a whim to advance the plot. It doesn't feel like a novel in and of itself--and maybe it's on me as a reader, that I might
Tammi
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one picked up right where the first one left off. Another Murder!!
The other focused on the town and we got to know a bit about our couples past at school and how that might link to the murders, this one was more personal.
We learned more about our couple as a couple and lots of family history. I really liked that!
But the mystery is still ongoing a serial killer on the loose.
Valors family is a piece of work for sure! Snobby and rich with a ridiculous amount of entitlement. Then you have Bis
Suze
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yes, very much one story split over three books.
This one is from Bish’s pov and it makes very interesting reading for an allistic to see how an autistic copes with everyday life and the extra stresses of what is going on.
Whilst we don’t get much further in the who dunnit, we do get a number of escalating incidents aimed at Bish and Val - including a very dramatic ending which means it is straight into book 3.
We learn more about both families but especially Bish’s.
There are more murders, close to
Violet  Marshall
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in Grasmere Cottage Mystery Trilogy. A captivating book the writing was good. The plot was entertaining and it was steady throughout the book. I found the story and characters likeable. The characters were developed and thought out. Valor Scott and Bishan Tamboli are the MC’s of this book. This one has two cliffhangers as the mystery is not solved and another situation. I can recommend this as a good read. I voluntarily read an advance copy of this book for an honest revi ...more
Lisa
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This trilogy of books is a gem. Val and Bish are murder mystery enthusiasts and they find themselves in the middle of their own who dun it.
Book 2 continues where book 1 ended. Another body is found and Bish tries to solves the anagrams that aren't anagrams before somebody else is killed. This time the killer seems to be fizated on them as they survive a crash.
A quick read that keeps you turning the pages as you wait to see what happens to our heroes.
Elayne
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
Oh My!For a cosy mystery, this book is full on action packed. Poor Bish, what with all the triggers, stresses and near misses, it’s a wonder he’s not catatonic with overload. That cliffhanger though, I mean seriously!How can you do that to a poor reader? This trilogy is turning out to be amazingly compulsive reading. The entire cast of characters is delightful and I’ve still no clue who our psycho bad guy is.
Dahlia Donovan wrote her first romance series after a crazy dream about shifters and damsels in distress. She prefers irreverent humour and unconventional characters. An autistic and occasional hermit, her life wouldn’t be complete without her husband and her massive collection of books and video games.

Grasmere Cottage Mystery (3 books)
  • Dead in the Garden (Grasmere Cottage Mystery #1)
  • Dead in the Shop (Grasmere Cottage Mystery #3)