Start by marking “Bluebird” as Want to Read:
Bluebird

Bluebird

Country music sensation, Natalie Rivers, needs a break from Nashville.

She escapes to her family’s farm in the Australian countryside to reassess what she really wants in life, away from her cheating ex, controlling record company and the limelight that is darkening her days.

But the moment she walks into her past life and finds Luke Easton waiting for her, she knows her wor
Published October 2018

To ask other readers questions about Bluebird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bluebird

Gonewiththeromance
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in return of honest review.

First of all, I rarely except arcs, if I’m not applying myself. I had some bad experience with it and honestly, I don’t like disappointing the authors with my negative feedback, say good or stay silent. Maybe, this approach is not right from some perspectives, my motto is still the same, try to be nice and encouraging💞

This beautiful title caught my undevided attention right from the start, the blurb was interesting and I decided to give it a go. I wa
Johanna Sims
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I received an ARC of this book in return for an honest review..
In all honesty i couldnt put this book down i stayed up late reading it last night and havent put it down all day.
Its got romance. Its got drama. Its made me smile and it made me cry.
If i didnt know that this was Ann Penny's first novel i wouldnt have guessed.

It is simply brillant.

Do yourself a favor an get yourself a copy of this beautiful book you wont regret it

I honestly cant wait to read more of your work. Brilliant.
Elle Love Books
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review and let me tell you this book was awesome. It's the first debut novel by this author but trust me you wouldn't even know that because it is written so good. It has all the feels. It made me laugh, it made me cry. I was happy and sad and oh so angry at some situations. The plot and the pace were brilliant.
The story starts when Blue is a teenager. She loves playing her guitar and dreams of becoming a singer one day. Luke is her brother best frie
 ♡ One Click Romance ♡
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I adored this story, from the very start it captured my attention.

Bluebird was sweet and steamy. I loved the characters and the story they had to tell.
I experienced so many emotions while reading Luke and Natalie love story, heartbreak, happiness, love, loss...
Luke is my newest book boyfriend, he was sweet, kind, considerate, stubborn, loving, and so much more.. I couldn't get enough of him.
This is my first read by Ann Penny and she has left me very much impressed with the vivid picture she h
Karen Sedgman
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review!
Where to start with this review, well l just loved and adore this beautiful and heartfelt story, about Natalie & Luke's journey from start to finish! You will not want to put this down because I did not want too! l am so happy l found this Aussie author, because her words and writing is amazing and is her debut novel! And so worth the read! Can't wait to for more!
cupcakes and bookshelves
Such an AMAZING and IMPRESSIVE DEBUT. I went through so many emotions whilst reading it. I completely loved it and can't wait to read more from Ann.
4.5 Stars

*ARC kindly given in exchange for an honest review, thank you so much.*
M.S.
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I overcooked a chicken because I lost track of time while reading this book

I received an ARC of this book in return for an honest review. And honestly? It was awesome. Well written, well paced, and all the feels.

It starts with seventeen-year-old Natalie, whose nickname is “Bluebird”, who is ready to break out of her small, country town and pursue a music career. Between her hot-and-cold boyfriend, lack of solid friendships, and a huge going-nowhere crush on her brother’s best friend, it’s not ha
Jess (ireadergosum) Reviews
I received an ARC of this book in return for an honest review.

The beginning of this book was a little slow for me personally, but then all of a sudden I got totally and utterly sucked in. All of the events that propelled the story along kept me utterly enthralled. I read the book in one night, and went through so many emotions. My heart hurt and rejoiced multiple times. I loved the history between Natalie and Luke. I loved the family bonds between many of the characters.

I've read many romances,
booksiflove
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in return for an honest review

Sooo.... I started this book this morning, and let me tell you - I finished it this afternoon, because I couldn’t put it down!

This is the debut novel of Ann Penny. But you wouldn’t know it’s her first book. Great writing style, a lot of chemistry between Blue and Luke. Some angst, some tears, joy, happiness, sexy scenes. All in all totally worth the 5 🌟!

The book starts in the past, when they were still teenagers. It tells you the sto
Love and Lit Books
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had the honour of receiving an advanced readers copy of Bluebird in return for an honest review.

Bluebird was a slowwww burner for me, but once it got going, it delivered on content, characters and dialogue. It’s a delicious friends to lovers, second-chance contemporary romance that had me swooning at the hero and rooting for the heroine. With a whole lot of love, a little heartbreak and a sprinkling of angst, Ann Penny’s debut novel is a sugary delight to consume! It’s sweet, satisfying and l
Aus Reader
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bluebird is an absolutely captivating debut novel from Ann Penny.

Set in a tiny Australian town, the story follows country musician Natalie Rivers as she runs away from, and then finally back to, the people that love her.

Incredibly romantic, often suspenseful and always captivating - I could not stop reading this book. I thought the writing was beautiful and natural and it meant I could focus on the story. And what a wonderful story it was.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Bluebird and can't wait to
Katrina
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down!

A great read with likeable characters and an engaging story line. Once I started reading I couldn't stop. The lack of sleep was worth it.

I would definitely recommend this book. Give it a read, you won't be disappointed.
Pamela
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Natalie "Bluebird" is heading back to her hometown to get away from all the stress of her life. She's always had her music but even it seems to be letting her down. She meets up with her brother's best friend and her ex Luke. The two had a relationship that didn't work out and left Natalie broken hearted. I really loved these characters, the family relationships and the plot of this book was so good. I enjoyed this small town second chance romance.

I received a copy of this book via the author an
Jessica
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Ann Penny’s debut novel! I brought the pre-order after reading all the great ARC reviews. It didn’t disappoint. I loved the build up and the sexual tension between the two main characters Natalie and Luke (Luke = new book boyfriend). Their love story is one told over many years, starting and ending in the country - as someone who grew up in the country, the country feel was spot on. It had other little details that get you more invested in the characters compared to other book ...more
Shasta Hope
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I Voluntarily Reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book!

This is a first read for me by this author. I rarely get introduced to new authors and so was pleasantly surprised. While this book was slow at first it turned out pretty good. It was a second chance love story with a brothers best friend included. While it was nice in some parts, it really was a slow burn and it doesn't really get to the good stuff until 50% in. It lacked the true music feel because there was no actual lyrics and the
Franca McCabe
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a gift which I thoroughly enjoyed. I usually give a book the first chapter to see whether I like it or not and this one had me in almost immediately.
The storyline built up at a good pace, quickly enough to keep me wanting to pick the book up each time to see what was going to happen next. A few little twists and turns included to give the reader a treat along the way. It can be seen that the author has a deep love of music and the pursuit of dreams.
I’m looking forward to Ann Penn
Danielle Wormald
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A brilliant impressive debut novel, a beautiful story with a mixture of emotions, full of drama and a real page turner!

I adored Natalie and Luke even though at times they frustrated me, u felt like banging their heads together- their chemistry was undeniable!
At the beginning I did find it a little
Slow but it wasn’t long before I was completely hooked- I loved how this story wasn’t one of them, straightforward ones to happy! Natalie’s road to happiness is definitely not one way, and she definit
Fleur Pryor
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a debut!!! I couldn’t wait to read this with all the teasers I’ve been seeing. Ann Penny didn’t disappoint either. I quickly fall in love with the relationship between Natalie & Luke. I stayed up way to late reading it as I couldn’t put it down. So much happening. I had tears one minute & laughter the next with a little anger for some characters!
To me this book would have to be a must read of Reese Witherspoon book club!
Looking forward to seeing what’s next...
Kerrie
Apr 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Enjoyed the story but it almost felt YA to me with the heroines flighty decision-making... then again, maybe I should’ve guessed from the title :)
Hema Vadivelu