Start by marking “Closer (Taint, #2)” as Want to Read:
Closer (Taint, #2)

Closer

(Taint Duet #2)

Levi Quinn has it all—money, groupies, a panty-melting smile, and a really big d*ck.

At least, he had it all. Until an angry redhead joined the Taint world tour and turned his life upside-down. Levi fell in love with her. His bandmate did too. It did not end well.

Brielle Kagawa doesn’t keep company with rock stars, but when this gifted cellist finds herself kicked out of
Published August 21st 2018

Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

font rend 1

Closer by Carmen Jenner was a sexy, intriguing, raw emotional read that completely blew me away and left me speechless. This book was brimming with such an intensity that readers like myself were hypnotized by Jenner’s raw and poetic prose. Closer picks up where it last left off and I must forewarn you that you will be left a beautiful mess of tears because Levi’s story will leave your heart aching. Two broken individuals. Two hearts who hav
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Never mind, I'll find someone like youuuuuuuuuuu
I wish nothing but the best for youuuuuuuuu

description

I swear as if Adele wrote/sang this song for Levi, the Axe-Man of Taint! The foot long guy who stole our hearts in Revelry, the douchebag smirking Bastard was just too much to handle in Book 1, wait till you see him in book 2. He'll make you laugh and make you weep your eyeballs out!
I started the book laughing as a fiasco takes place on a special day for the Band and then burst into sobs. A cello breaks
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW ***

5 Forgive Yourself CROWNS

LEVI broke my freaking heart at the end of Revelry, like took a knife and flayed my heart open with one simple utterance over the phone. Ever since that moment, I’ve been dying for Carmen Jenner to write his story, to give him the HEA he deserves. Boy, did she, but not before putting my heart through some more turmoil.

Levi is such a broken rock star. Self destructive doesn’t even begin to encompass who Levi is. He hurts himself and the
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
I really wasn't prepared for Levi's particular brand of angsty pain. Sigh. Reading Closer about did me in. Thank God I had some tissues handy, because I needed them.

At the start of Closer Levi is feeling the pain of not being chosen by the woman he loves. Instead, she's chosen the other man in their fucked up threesome, Cooper Ryan, Levi's bandmate. And damn does Levi not take it well. He self medicates, he pours his angst out with booze and more drugs, and almost kills himself because he cannot
Courtney
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.5 Stars

I have to say that enjoyed this book more than the first one (Revelry). You definitely need to Revelry before this one to get a true concept of Levi's pain and anguish (plus it's a duet, so duh, LOL). Some say it can be read as a standalone, but I think it won't have the same oomph if you do.

Levi is broken - the world may see him as together, but behind the curtains and lime light - he is nursing a shattered heart with booze, drugs and whatever else he can do. However, it does nothin
Diary Of Book Fiend
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 You are Missing From Me Stars!

Closer picks up pretty much where Revelry left us, only from Levi's point of view. It was after Cooper had left for Sydney to get Ali back.

Levi had my heart breaking in the first few chapters, I honestly thought this was going to be a disaster and that Ali would be the biggest hurdle between him and his love interest. I was way wrong.

I hate this.
I hate her.
I hate him.
But mostly I hate myself because if I'd never touched her in the first place, if I hadn't take
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Closer (Taint #2)
By Carmen Jenner
4.5 Stars

Closer is book 2 of the Taint duet. This book can be read as a standalone. I would however, recommend reading Revelry (Taint #1) first to get the full effect.

Levi is broken. After having the best MMF relationship with his band mate and the PA for the band, those two have gone their own way and left Levi broken. Spiraling out of control, drugs, booze, women, you name it. Anything to overcome the loss of the girl that made him feel.

Chucking all feelings
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I love that Carmen Jenner had the balls to write a story that is so unique and emotionally charged. Closer was not what I was expecting it to be. I expected it to be a fun, hot rock star romance and it was a romance, and there was hot sex and humorous moments, yet that's not the focus of Closer. Levi Quinn and his screwed up self, lead the way on this one and I loved it.

Closer is a character driven story. Having the leading man, Levi, be the most aggravating, selfish, narcissistic and out of co
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This is the second half of a duet. I really liked this book. I felt both love and hate for Levi, as he behaved both selfishly and stupidly in the beginning. However, once Margaux and Dog, and finally Brielle, entered his life, the love overtook the hate. And Brielle, I absolutely loved her. She was the perfect yin to Levi’s yang. At times both funny and sad, this book was the perfect end to this duet.

Reviewed by: Clare M.
SimplyƝì₭
I felt so accomplished when I finished this book. Thank you Carmen for giving me the closure I needed. Levi got his HEA, boy was it messy, sad and perfect.
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)

"I'm safe, because you cannot lose your heart if you no longer have one."

Levi, Levi Levi...sigh. Your broken heart broke my heart. 💔 Not only can I not resist a sexy rocker, a broken one is even more irresistible. Closer pulled my emotions to the surface and then stomped on them, forcing me to feel so many things I wasn't prepared to experience. But, isn't that the best kind of story? The one that takes you on a ride and you end up somewhere you weren't expecting to go, and the memory of
Liz
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We pick up right where we left off in Revelry and OMG what a crazy and wild ride! Its Levi Quinn’s turn and I could not wait to dive right in! Feeling like he lost the best thing to happen to him, can he find a way to move forward? Well life is about to throw him another curveball!

Still reeling from what happened, Levi seems to be on a path of self-destruction. My heart felt for him, but I also wanted to hit him over the head sometimes. Then when he attends a bandmate’s wedding and he meets a w
Karen
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Your best. Levi was sure to be a good character. He's so tragic. Doesn't disappoint.
Demetra
Shelves: arcs, e-books
Here’s the thing: I didn’t know about this series before signing up for this opportunity. I know shame on me, because this duet is seriously amazing! I read Revelry in order to be able to review this one and I’m so glad that I did! (My review for Revelry is coming soon!)

Closer is one of those books that stayed with me even after I finished it. Now several hours after reading it, it’s still in my mind and I have the urge to read it again! It was intense, full of angst, pain, drama, loss and heart
Alex in Spades
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Tu Me Manques Stars

I have to say I was a bit affraid about Levi's story (between Close and Revelry there was a few hit and miss books from Carmen Jenner for me). But I guess this book is just like fine wine, it had to take it's time to be amazing.
"Maybe a man broke my heart by asking a woman to marry him. And a woman broke my heart by saying yes".

We take on very soon after Revelry ended. Levi is hurt, his heart is shattered, and mine broke for this man. It was so painful to watch him, of cou
Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers)
Gahhhhh I really loved this story! I'm so emotionally drained right now, but I could seriously pick these books up again right now and start the ride all over again, they were just that damn good!!

Carmen Jenner and her brilliant storytelling had me hooked from the first page, I couldn't escape this book for anything or it couldn't escape me, lol. Twists and turns that kept me guessing and so much emotion I was laughing, ugly crying and swooning.

A heartbreakingly beautiful love story, that'll ha
Avidez Literaria
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
“We were dancing from the second I first laid eyes on you, or at least I thought we were. Turns out I was just over here dancing on my own like a tool.”

Closer is the conclusion of the Taint duet. Nothing is fairer than, what began with Cooper to end with Levi, after all the story revolves around the two and Ali. At the end of the first book, Ali is with Cooper, which breaks Levis’s heart and puts him in a self-destructive spiral. Levi decides to return to the same behavior of the past, and the d
She's a Lip Biter
Multiple Reviews Below

5Stars
I eagerly dived into this second book about the rockstar band, Taint and I can honestly say I was enthralled with this incredible story.

Levi is a self absorbed rockstar, that is a bit harsh but he really is! He’s just lost the girl he loves to his lead vocalist, Cooper Ryan, and is on a very self destructive path. Let’s not forget the poor pedestrians in his way too! This is how he meets Brielle Kagawa. She is a cello player who was hired by Cooper to play at his wed
Tasha and Megan Mahoney
Closer is the second book in the Taint duet, and boy does it hit you in the feelings!

This story opens on a very hurt Levi, who lost the girl to his band-mate and copes with his heartbreak by being very drunk, offensive and irresponsible. He has pushed his fellow band-mates to the limit with his worryingly self destructive behaviour.

His band-mate Coop and the girl that got away get married in a posh hotel on the French Riviera and Levi does not leave a great impression on anyone. Least of all the
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe that I FINALLY got this story, as truly it has seemed like FOREVER for it to come out! And before I go on, I must say that Closer is the second book in the Taint Duet, so YOU MUST READ Revelry (Book 1) FIRST, or you will NOT understand all of Levi's angst! Now on with the show! Carmen Jenner has such a brilliant writing style that I never know what she is going to do next which I definitely love. Revelrey was definitely more hysterically funny for me, while Closer had angst for d ...more
Helen Altafulla
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Why do I do this to myself???
I don’t understand. I always call authors emotional sadists because they just love to put us readers through the ringer.
But, in reality, I’m just a book masochist.
I knew this book was going to be hard... I freaking knew it.
The ending of Revelry, the final thing that Levi did to set Coop and Ali “free” told me this book was not going to be easy.
And, **** you, Carmen Jenner!! This book completely destroyed me. I have nothing to say but BRAVA! You pulled everything
maureen
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book! Levi broke my heart!!
This book leaves off after Ali leaves both Levi and Cooper behind, figuring staying in their relationship will only end badly. Yes this Rock Star series has an M/F/M relationship and for all that is holy it’s so amazingly Hot🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥!!Hot. The characters in this story are incredible. If you have read a Carmen Jenner book you know how she does it!! Her characters become your best friends, you carry them with you!!
So no spoilers... but this book is Levi’s journ
Aubrey- CGSR
5 out of 5 "I hate authors' Stars

Sooooo CLOSER picked up right where REVELRY ended. I strongly recommend that you read REVELRY prior to diving into CLOSER because I feel like it would be a little confusing in the beginning or maybe not confusing so much as it's easier to follow having read the previous book. With that being said, let the review begin!!

First off, i may just hate you a little bit Carmen Jenner!! I say that in the most loving and emotionally drained heartfelt way that can be imagin
Jan
A rockstar with a whole lot of baggage.

This cover completely drew me in along with the fact Levi is a typical but troubled rock-star and having read reviews for the previous book along with the blurb I was eager to read his story.

I haven't read the previous book and it didn't matter, I could pretty much read between the lines of all that had gone on before.
A good chunk of this book is Levi grieving and feeling sorry for himself and his anger over losing Ali to his band-mate Cooper and then hi
Readingtilthebreakofdawn
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap, Carmen. What did you just put my heart through?! My emotions are all over the place and I don't think I could ever write a review that will do Levi justice.
After reading Revelry (the first book in the Taint duet), I remember feeling like I may have just taken drugs myself. I lived the rockstar life along with Ali and the guys of Taint. It was all sex, drugs and rock n roll. And it wasn't all good all the time. It was a crazy mess. Sometimes a good crazy 12-inch mess, but mostly it was
JoAnna G
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**5 Angry French Girl Stars**

This is book two in the Taint Duet and is not for the faint of heart. This one took a lot of guts to write. Carmen Jenner is a one click for me. No matter what and this is part two so it was a must. Damn, it even took a lot to read it. This was dark, gritty and oh so real. It’s not pretty, its life. I loved him in Revelry, but I fell even more in love with him in Closer. It felt everything was against him. It is so hard to put this into words. I am really trying. Fir
Candyce Kirk
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it

I have to start by saying that this book is a lot different than Cake, haha. Levi is taking it hard that his bandmate is with the girl he loves. It's clear that there is some history there and Levi thinks that alcohol can make it all better. That is until he meets Brielle. When they first meet it's not the best way of starting off on a good foot. He is so drunk he breaks her cello.

Feeling sorry for himself, he ends up buying a chalet in France and getting her to come play with him. Well
Lauren
Closer is book two in the taint series and it is Levi’s story. I have been eager to read Levi’s story since reading book one in this story a while back. I have to admit, I had a soft spot for Levi in book one and I wanted Ali to pick him. I am so glad that she didn’t. Although my heart hurt for Levi going through the heartbreak of loving and losing Ali, he was so much better off without her. In this story, I hated Ali and Cooper, mainly Ali. A lot of the time, I wanted to tell her to do one. Her ...more
Renee
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Levi Quinn has it all-money, groupies, a panty-melting smile, and he is well endowed. At least, he had it all. Until an angry redhead joint the Taint world tour and turned his life upside-down. Levi fell in love with her. His band mate did too. It did not end well. Brielle Kagawa doesn't keep company with rock stars, but when this gifted cellist finds herself kicked out of the Orchestre de Paris and
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Romance Retreat: Ready to get CLOSER? 2 33 Oct 22, 2018 08:29PM

• Alive
  • The Misapprehention of Violet Hall
  • Because You Are Mine
  • Ultraviolet (Ultraviolet, #2)
  • To Portland, with Love (The Story of Us, #3.5)
  • Loving Alek
  • Frantic Hope (The Redeeming Trilogy, #2)
  • Scandalous Beat (Tempest, #6; Black Cat Records, #9)
  • Luck and Faith (Luck, #2)
  • Untitled (Tangled Web, #4)
  • Justify My Love (Shaken Dirty, #4)
  • Knights Burden (Rumblin' Knights Book 4)
  • Balancing Pointe (CageVec Security, #2)
  • Liquid Courage (Liquid Regret, #2)
  • Losing Stars (The Celebrity, #3)
  • Handful of Tears
  • Pen vs. Sword
  • Wicked Part 2 (Rock Me, #5)
Carmen Jenner is a USA Today and international bestselling author.

A hardcore red lipstick addict and a romantic at heart, Carmen strives to give her characters the HEA they deserve, but not before ruining their lives completely first … because what’s a happily ever after without a little torture?

Sign up to my newsletter for free books, and exclusive content https://www.subscribepage.com/carmenj...

Taint Duet (2 books)
  • Revelry (Taint Duet, #1)