Start by marking “When We Were Lost” as Want to Read:
When We Were Lost

When We Were Lost

When a plane bound for Costa Rica crashes in deep jungle, the tail section breaks free and nineteen teenagers miraculously survive. Joel Aspinall, son of a local politician and student rep on the school’s council, is quick to take on the mantle of leadership, to organize everyone until a rescue party arrives. But the plane was crashed on purpose, no one knows where they ar ...more
Expected publication: June 4th 2019 by Little, Brown & Company

To ask other readers questions about When We Were Lost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When We Were Lost

Tucker (TuckerTheReader)

2.5 Stars

A gripping, white-knuckle survival story set in the unknown depths of the Amazon jungle, When We Were Lost explores the razor-thin line between life and death, and what it really means to be alive.

Lies! All lies.

JIMMY Patterson who published this novel, also published my all time favorite book, Stalking Jack the Ripper so I obviously had high hopes for this book. Most of the stuff I've read from Patterson's Imprint has been very good or at the very least, mediocre. I think the reason I
PamG
I won this ARC copy through a Goodreads Giveaway. Thanks to JIMMY Patterson Books | Little, Brown and Company | Hachette Book Group and to author Kevin Wignall. The novel is a YA action adventure that focuses on the survival of a group of high schoolers. The plot is what I expected for the most part with a couple of surprises through out the book. The main character is an introvert, but you have the expected group of diverse personalities among the rest of the group.

This is a fast read and one
OutlawPoet
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
So, when I got this book, I was horrified by these words: Presented by James Patterson. Patterson makes me break out in hives. However, he does do a good job of picking out and supporting some good YA adventures.

This is a good book. It's a very exciting YA survival story. While there are certainly deaths, I thought they were a little...few and gentle (?) for the situation they were in. I get that this is YA, but YA readers can take a little more edge and realism.

That being said, the adventure wa
Stephanie Mills
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway
This is a good book. It's a very exciting YA survival story! I think anyone who likes plane crash then survival books will like it. Nineteen teenagers survive the crash and soon have to find out how to survive. This book did have its con's don't get me wrong! But in the end I enjoyed it and look forward to reading a finished copy!
Mari Johnston
Right now this is getting two stars, but it might go up to three. I’m going to have to think on this one for a minute because I’m really conflicted. The plot was (mostly) good, but nothing else was. Full review closer to release.
Andi Pipner
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! A very thrilling novel that I think anyone who likes plane crash then survival books will like. The main character was interesting in a sense that they necessarily didn’t want to be the main character. I also think that the book included such diverse personalities that most readers will be able to find a piece of themselves in this book.

With all the things I loved about this book, my only dislike was that the ending was a little bit short. The lead up to the end, very thoroug
Jenn
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, arc
I received a digital ARC of this title from Edelweiss for an honest review.

A large group of teenagers from the same high school are headed to Costa Rica on a do-gooder mission when they're awakened from sleep to find their plane is crashing. Nineteen teenagers survive the crash and soon have to find out how to survive.

The adventure here was exciting and the comparison to both Lord of the Flies and the tv show Lost is apt. I enjoyed every minute of When We Were Lost.
Jackie Perry
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found the book was exciting to read I really wanted to finish it to see how it ended. The ending however I found a little bit disappointing the story was good and thought out however the ending was rather abrupt and left a few things unresolved in my opinion. Overall though I really enjoyed this book.
Brenda
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads-win
I think every teen can relate to each of the characters in this book as they try to work their way out of the jungle after a plane crash. Enjoyed the "butterfly effect" added to the storyline.
This was a Goodreads win.
mish whalen
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! I am a 13 year old 8th grader reading the ARD and I love it so much. Tom is such a relatable character. There are so many twists in the book that keep you wanting to read it page after page.
Montserrat Flores
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Un Lost/The lord of the flies para adolescentes.
Alyssa Cohen
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Giving this one two-stars for now, but it may go up, as I’m very conflicted. Review will be up on my blog closer to the release date.
Ameema Saeed
Apr 11, 2019
Naomi
Jan 07, 2019
Anders Rege
Imagine being on a plain going to Costa Rica with your classmates and none of them care about you. Imagine the plain crashes in the middle of a jungle. You are one of the lucky people that survive. But for how long? How much are you willing to do to survive?

I have read the book When we were lost by Kevin Wignall. The book is in the genre adventure. All the events the protagonist experiences presents danger and it is exciting. He is going on an adventure through the jungle.
Tom sits on a plain to
Tati
Aug 02, 2018
Ciera
Mar 26, 2019
Jaimedsworld
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I thought a book about a high school class’s plane crashing in the jungle would be a nonstop thrill ride, I wasn’t totally wrong, but I wasn’t totally right either. This is a book that didn’t quite reach its full potential. It had a slow beginning and it took about 75 pages for the story to fully grab my attention. Things I wanted to be resolved weren’t which left me a tad disappointed in the ending.
There’s lots of action in the groups quest for survival. With jaguars and other assorted jungle
Urszula
Apr 01, 2019
Amy
Mar 23, 2019
Allison
Mar 04, 2019
Emily Katzenberger
Mar 10, 2019
Army Child till age nine.

Settled back in a small town in the west of England.

Lancaster University - degree in Politics &