Start by marking “Into the Darkest Night (The Chaos Theory Duet Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Into the Darkest Night (The Chaos Theory Duet Book 1)

Into the Darkest Night (The Chaos Theory Duet Book 1)

I was born a child of the Elite; destined to live a life of privilege in Sun City.
With one decision I gave it all up.

Published September 18th 2018 by Show n'ot Tell Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Into the Darkest Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into the Darkest Night

Start your review of Into the Darkest Night (The Chaos Theory Duet Book 1)
Coco.V
Nov 25, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/25/2018)!💝

Blurb:
With one decision I gave it all up.

Ana Jacobs knows the Elite and their depravity all too well. She was one of them once. Her father was a member of the Inner Circle and head of the Trinity funding the corruption of Sun City. When he learned she knew the names of those he'd hidden so well, he turned his back on her; had her kidnapped and tortured to protect his secrets.
Cyndi Becker
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm not normally a "super-heroes" kind of girl but Cassandra's Giovanni Into The Darkest Night provides a compelling reason for me to read more of this genre. At it's core though this is simply a story about human endurance, a young man and woman falling in love, and an villainous society in a city reminiscent of any American capitol. So you know, the human condition.

The story opens with Ana returning home after being kidnapped and tortured. She’s unwittingly part of a nefarious plan to unleash
Anne Z.
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Levi and Ana have been through hell and back. Their past in the island shaped them in the people they are today- full of scars and secrets. They have both built walls around their hearts and found ways to cope with the memories of the island they were trapped in.

From the very begging it is clear that both of them are hiding something. But even with secrets and the fear of what that will do to them they can't help the attraction between them or the overpowering need to be around someone that unde
TheBookBoutique Brittany_Elizabeth_Sarah
“I don’t need someone to balance out my darkness. I need someone to understand it.”
This was the first romantic suspense novel that I have read by Cassandra and it definitely kept me interested. This is a genre that I have been into lately, so I was glad that the overall feel of “darkness” kept me wanting to read until I was finished with it. It is based on a woman that has survived the island, and has developed a certain set of skills while there. Think Ninja meets Green Arrow.
Ana and Levi
SOMDReigel
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A dark story where both main characters are damaged and have endured emotional and physical pain. It’s a page turner with a lot of action and suspense. There was a back story woven in throughout the book, but I feel I needed more to fully understand all the whys, especially regarding Levi’s character. This ends in a cliff hanger which is not my favorite especially when I’m not prepared for it. Into the Darkest Night is the first book I’ve read by Cassandra and it has my interest so I will be kee ...more
K.A. Graham
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Into The Darkest Night (Chaos Theory Duet)
by Cassandra Giovanni

☆☆☆5 stars☆☆☆

Masked vigilantes, enemies at every corner, undeniable love, and a vault full of emotional baggage. This story is non-stop action, keeping you guessing on what will happen next.

Ana was betrayed in the most horrific way possible, and for years she endured endless emotional and physical pain. Years later, she's returned to her hometown with justice and vengeance on her mind.

Levi isn't the boy Ana remembers when they were
Charlotte Lynn
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Oh Cassandra what have you written for me? I started this book one night and couldn’t put it down. I was so hooked, so addicted to the story, and so invested in the characters. I kept sneaking away, looking for a few spare moments and reading whatever I could in whatever time I had.

Into the Darkest Night is the start of a new series, Chaos Theory Duet, and I am hooked. I love Levi and Ana. The horror that they have lived through in their young lives and the strength they have shown while workin
Marsha
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Into the Darkest Night by Cassandra Giovanni is a terrific story, the combination of mystery and chaos makes for a winning plot. These characters are wonderful emotional train wrecks. I love how the back stories gradually unlocked themselves. Giovanni has a knack for addressing the tough issues and weaving a compelling web. It drags a bit in the middle, but is over all a fast-paced read. But, Oh, the cliff hanger!

*I received this book as an Amazon gift from the author in exchange for an honest r
Amanda
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review for NetGalley

It’s was an addictive read one that made stay up until the early hours of the morning because I needed to know how it ends. It’s a dark story with a great plot.
Bobbi
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emotions run high with this story with scars both inside and out. Everyone deals with their pain differently as you will see with Ana and Levi. This story unfolds without giving everything away all at once, that is what I love about Cassandra Giovanni's worlds.
Ellen Ekstrom
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's been a while since I read Ms. Giovanni's work and this story pulled me in from the very beginning, just like her debut novel, "In Between Seasons" (which, I have to say, I still remember specific scenes!). I read this in a matter of days - it was hard to put down. I don't say that about a lot of what I've read.

Giovanni created a world that is damaged, mysterious and honestly, it could be anywhere in America right now. The protagonist, Ana Jacobs returns home to put things to rights. She is
Book Him Danno
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
If you have ever seen on episode of the CW Arrow TV show the author in her own way tells you the same story to the point it is laughable. She didn't really change the characters rich playboy kidnapped on lost on a island where he learned skills to kill ect. The woman Ana Jacobs same thing kidnapped on a island and is beaten, has scars, ect and wants to right the wrongs of her rich up bring.

Levi is Oliver and she doesn't even try to hid the face with his best friend dating his ex girlfriend.

Thi
Agnes
Aug 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ms Giovanni is new to me but I was immediately drawn to the synopsis. The story arc of masked vigilantes with ninja moves using the bow as weapon fighting hidden enemies trying to destroy their city read like something out of a Marvel comic.

Layer in the undeniable love, combustible chemistry and two hearts laden by traumatic emotional baggage, then mix that up with is non-stop crime-fighting action and plot twists that keep you guessing, and you've got an exciting read at your hand.

I had initial
Jan 22, 2019
James W. Graves
Jun 19, 2020
Cassandra Giovanni
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Rubysbooks
Nov 12, 2018

• The Wraith
  • 232 Jericho Avenue
  • Shadow Agenda
  • Starving Men: An Irish psychiatrist, a professional killer, and a twisted revenge for history.
  • Pewter Creek Mountain: A Colorado Suspense Novella
  • Knight's Cross (The Shipwreck Adventures #3)
  • Echo of Fear (The Chris Echo Files Book 1)
  • An Expendable Spy
  • Wild L.A. (Tyson Wild Thriller #16)
  • Gabriel: Only One Gets Out Alive (Gabriel, #1)
  • Forging the Nightmare (Dark Vigilante #1)
  • Death Down Under (Raja Williams #7)
  • Pitch Black (Gabriel, #2)
  • Buried in the Bayou (Raja Williams #8)
  • A Tall Man Rides (The Hendershot Series Book 1)
  • The Mexican Way (Raja Williams #9)
  • Colors That Bleed (Raja Williams #10)
  • The Boat Man (Reed & Billie, #1)
Cassandra doesn't remember a time when she wasn't writing. In fact, the first time she was published was when she was seven years old and won a contest to be published in an American Girl Doll novel. Since then Cassandra has written more novels than she can count and put just as many in the circular bin. Her personal goal with her writing is to show the reader the character's stories through their ...more

News & Interviews