Start by marking “Wall of Crosses” as Want to Read:

"Raw, gripping, and emotional." - Adelaide Thorne, Author of THE TRACE

ONE HOUSE. ONE FAMILY. COUNTLESS SECRETS.

JACOB TAMBLYN is not in the business of keeping tabs on his dysfunctional family. But when his widowed grandfather passes away suddenly, the patriarch’s last will and testament makes a substantial demand of Jacob and his estranged relatives: in order to claim th
Published September 1st 2018 by Goodson Innovations

To ask other readers questions about Wall of Crosses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wall of Crosses

Ashley
Shelves: 2018
See this full review and many more at: 5171 Miles Book Blog.

Baj Goodson's debut novella, Wall of Crosses, releases TODAY and it's bound to leave you begging for more. If the gorgeous cover doesn't get your attention, this story will grab you from the very first word, raising questions and slowly revealing secrets about a dysfunctional family until the final page. Just when one might think there could not possibly be more skeletons in the closets of the old home the characters are cleaning out or
Adelaide Thorne
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What makes humanity what it is? Debut author Baj Goodson has taken it upon herself to pluck at the cords of this question - and boy, has she struck a haunting melody.

We find ourselves transported to a single setting: a house, and a filthy one at that. It doesn't seem like much of a place to get the ball rolling, but Goodson masterfully drops us in this house of clutter and makes sure we never want to leave, if only to find out the answer to our next question. What really happened behind the clos
Megan Luker
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
What a ride! This is a DEBUT!?

I can't even tell you what I was expecting when I first signed up to read an ARC of Wall of Crosses, but I can tell you it was not what I just finished reading. Goodson wrote a flawless (and I do mean FLAWLESS), edge-of-your-seat suspense novel that will leave your mouth hung wide open with surprise when you've turned the final page.

Every family has their secrets, but the secrets within this family are deadly.
Baj
Aug 06, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
image:
Baj Goodson

"I guarantee Wall of Crosses is unlike anything you've ever read before, in the best possible way." -Ashley | 5171 Miles Book Blog ★★★★★

+++

"Goodson wrote a flawless (and I do mean FLAWLESS), edge-of-your-seat suspense novel that will leave your mouth hung wide open with surprise when you've turned the final page. Every family has their secrets, but the secrets within this family are deadly." -Megan | Page After Page Book Blog ★★★★★

+++

"Wall of Crosses messed with
Allisa White
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, indie
I was able to beta read for Baj*, and WOW!!! I couldn't read this novella fast enough!

I won't say much about the story except that there are so many secrets and that was the main reason I kept on going. The way the mysteries and the secrets were crafted pulled me in so completely.

And the characters! Hooboy, I haven't read a book that has every. single. character fleshed out, from their strengths to their very real flaws and weaknesses.

It definitely helps that Baj's prose is beautiful and just
BellaorevBooks
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
by Baj Goodson

This was Baj Goodson first published book and definitely wont be her last. Because after finishing this story I’m sure lot of people like me will be begging for more of her writing.

Wall of Crosses is a pretty fast but intense read. Filled with mystery, suspense and secrets. The story it’s set in one house, with one family and a mayhem of situations and secrets. You wouldn’t believe to be possible to unfold so many stories in the inside of just one house. I wasn’t e
Taylor Fenner
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book was even better than I anticipated!

This book hit me especially hard because it's only been a few months since my mom, sister, and I cleaned out the apartment I shared with my grandmother for thirteen years so I definitely could relate to Jacob's interactions with his estranged mother and uncles.

I loved the secrets uncovered during the course of the story and the build up kept me guessing. Then the twist at the end! Holy cow! I did not see that one coming.

Overall, I thought this
Mark Goodson
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Baj really hit the bullseye on this one. I was sent on one heck of ride starting with the first page and couldn't wait to get to the bottom of the loads of secrets that began to pile up as each character was fleshed out with such precise care. This book is a must read, genre-bending roller coaster ride. Amazing!
Sarah Riad
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Firstly, I’m completely shocked that this is Baj’s debut! Just. Wow. This girl can tell a story.
The book has you on the edge of your seat in complete suspense as a family’s darkest secrets are revealed until you get to THAT last page and discover THAT last secret... I promise it will blow your socks off.

P.s I want a second book.
Tyffany
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
WoC isn't in a genre I go for—to be totally honest, the more real a book is the more I struggle with it personally since I'm a reading escapist ;)

But since I went in knowing that, I kept an open mind and I was pleasantly surprised.

Baj did a great job creating real-to-life characters with genuine struggles and problems, and there were certainly notes that hit a bit too close to home. The plot was intriguing enough that I wanted to finish, even when things got a bit uncomfortably real. Her writing
Garrett
I'll keep it short and sweet, as I believe the text should speak for itself.

From the cover page, to the very last page, I couldn't put this book down. In fact, I've read it twice so far. My reading wheelhouse is in the realm of Sci Fi/Fantasy/Horror novels, but Goodson managed to pull me in from the very start and keep me totally engaged until I looked up and I was done reading.
Becky Gibson
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ermagersh. THIS. BOOK. Holy crap. That is all I can say at first. Let me gather my emotions off the floor where Baj Goodson left them.

So, having chatted briefly with the lovely Goodson before reading the beta version, I expected a book along the same caliber of sweetness as the author herself. Well, you know what they say about assuming... it makes you feel REALLY DUMB. (Also, I feel I must apologize to all authors worldwide for being that reader who's like, "Nice people can only write nice, flu
C.E. Clayton
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What kind of secrets do families keep from one another? Are there truly some that should never be revealed? What is family actually worth? These are some of the very hard, and often times uncomfortable, questions that Goodson brings up in her debut novella. Nothing is as it seems when family members come together to make good on their grandfather/father’s last wish in order to get their inheritance: they all must work together to clean out the old family home. What transpired was such an emotion ...more
Shiza K
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jacob Tamblyn and his wife have just inherited his grandparent's house. But as he sorts through the things left behind, he finds out all the secrets kept within the family. As with secrets, some can break your heart, while some are downright unbearable.
I am not a fan of family stories in general. I find that everyday life has enough drama, without having to read about it in books too. But having received Wall of Crosses as an ARC, I dove straight into it and wasn't disappointed. It is a family
Amanda
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was so well written! It was such a pleasant surprise to read a book by a self-published author whose got incredible talent for actually showing us the story. Goodson's use of imagery is spot on and makes you feel like you are there inside the house with all of her dysfunctional characters. They are so well developed that at times I found myself empathizing for them all. I could really get into their minds to understand each ones POV. This was written in third person and could have come ...more
Zai Bell
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
How many secrets can one family have . . . And how many new secrets can be made?
Although the story is told through the POV of 2 characters, the entire cast is filled with their own secrets and demons, and so much personality. What made this book so much more memorable to me was the cast of character. They were flawed, damaged, but still entertaining and even likable. I enjoyed this twisting story through their eyes.
I wish I could say more, but I dont want to spoil the secrets.
Jessica
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
AHHHHH! That’s how I feel at the of this book. That can’t be the end! For no other reason than wanting more. What a well done book that brings a family together under one house after the death of the patriarch. Like so many families, they don’t get along and they are each shrouded with secrets. In all the housekeeping of a book, there was never a down moment. Secrets unravel page after page until the final page. Wickedly, delicious secrets.

The family dynamic and dialogue carry the story so well
Becky Moynihan
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Warning: this book will shock your socks off! I actually couldn’t review it right away because my brain was reeling with way too many complex thoughts. First off, many of the characters are like people I actually know, so this story was extremely relatable to me, which made things... hard to read. The topics brought up in WOC are tough ones, but important ones. They were disturbing but I was absolutely amazed at the way everything was intertwined. The Tamblyns are just... Wow. You gotta read it. ...more
Brenda Moser
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a very well written story that captured and held me from page one right to the end. It's an intense read filled with drama , suspense , mystery and family secrets. The author keeps you on the edge right from the start with all the twists and turns along the way. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough to see what she was bringing next. It's an amazing story that moves quickly and fluidly with the multitude of colorful characters and I loved reading it. Highly recommend!

I voluntarily review
 •Cici• Theory of A Dreamer Book Blog♥
5 Stars!!

Wall of Crosses messed with my mind in the best of ways. It’s such an amazing debut! I’ve never read anything like it. I kept trying to put the pieces together and figure out which direction it was going to go. That’s one of the magnificent things about this story though because I had no idea! It’s guaranteed to bring out your emotions throughout and make your jaw drop.

When it comes to the Tamblyn family the secrets and truths are only the beginning. There are so many layers to this sto
Shelby
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
____New Alert_____

I really liked everything about this book. The cover art caught my eye, it is so mysteriously beautiful. The plot was interesting and original. The characters were well-developed. Not to mention, this twisty tale has a 'did not see that coming' ending - love when a story ends with a BOOM! I don't normally re-read books, but I will with this one!
Tanya
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Their family was never normal and so he is shocked when his grandfather dies and puts it in his will that they must all go to the house. They need to worked together to clean the house up before any of them can gain from the will. This is so not going to end well. See how it will go

Indigo Wood
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
Just the right amount of creepy for me! The twists and reveals built on each other smoothly and the final reveal... 😱 well written and executed!
Rhonda Johnson
rated it did not like it
Sep 06, 2018
Emily Barnett
Jan 29, 2019
Jessica
Nov 12, 2018
Baj (like 'badge' but without the d) Goodson has been making up stories since she could talk, and writing them down since before she could form halfway decent sentences. Her love of storytelling occasionally translated into tall-tale fibs growing up, but after enduring more than her fill of consequences thanks to this urge, she learned to keep the fabricated adventures confined to paper.

Now that