Start by marking “Coming Home to Maple Cottage” as Want to Read:
Coming Home to Maple Cottage

Coming Home to Maple Cottage

(Sandcastle Bay #3)

This utterly addictive new novel from bestselling author Holly Martin will make you smile until your cheeks hurt, sob tears of pure joy and fall head over heels in love with a totally unforgettable romance…

Isla Rosewood is creating a new life for herself and her sweet nephew Elliot in their cosy, yellow-brick family cottage, brimming with special memories. Living in Sand
Published September 25th 2018 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Coming Home to Maple Cottage, please sign up.
Susan It helps establish the other characters - I have read them in order but you could equally read as a standalone

Start your review of Coming Home to Maple Cottage
Melisa
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heart is so full after finishing this third installment of the Sandcastle Bay series. I am absolutely satisfied and pleased with where Isla, Leo and Elliott end up - this family made my heart melt! Best book in the series!

First of all, cover love! I adore all of Holly Martin’s cover art and this is no exception. There is something about a happy cover that makes me want to jump right in. This third book (which could also be read as a stand-alone) is the perfect icing on the cake.

Four years
Berit☀️✨
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a beautiful and touching love story that will leave you with a big smile on your face!

I was so excited to once again return to Sandcastle Bay... this is the third book in this wonderful series and I’d have to say my favorite so far (I am just hoping there’s more!).... this book could absolutely be read as a standalone, however I’d strongly encourage you to read the entire series.... I think part of what made this book so special is that we have grown to love Leo, Isla, and Elliott in the
Finitha Jose
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have ambiguous feelings on this one. The writing style of Holly Martin immediately attracted me. Her language literally flows out of the page but the simple and predictable plot line was disheartening. A talented writer like her could have taken something a bit more daring.
'Coming Home to Maple Cottage' is the third novel in the Sandcastle Bay series but can be read as a standalone. I haven't read the other two in the series but was not at all troubled with the lack of background stories conc
Shalini
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is a saying "Save the best for last" and Holly Martin has done just that. A fabulous book from start to finish. A book which captured me with its words. A book where my heart overfilled with love and hope. A book which I simply adored.

I always have liked Holly Martin's books, but I always thought they were too sweet. They needed layers and the author has given me just that in spades. She has made the characters and scenes so interesting that I stayed up till 2am just to finish reading the
Nicola Clough
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've always loved Holly's book but this one has to be the best by fair it was simply brilliant and just couldn't put it down at all as so good. Every page brought a new twist and turn and you wanted to keep reading to see what happened. It's full of heartbreak and romance and laughter and doing what is right for you and your family. Amazingly well written and cannot praise Holly enough and would love to have a follow on to this story. The characters are amazing and the story plot is just the sam ...more
Stacey
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I cannot tell you enough how excited I was to read this book. I absolutely adore Autumn and whilst we have a lot of Christmas/Winter novels, we don't have a lot of novels set in Autumn out there. So when Holly Martin (one of my fave novelists) announced her next one was set in the season, I was delighted and could not wait. The mention of the fireworks, baking cakes etc got me excited and this book certainly sets your mood!

When I started getting into the book, it was like I had never left Sandca
Rachel Gilbey
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the book that I have been waiting for, we finally get to see if Isla and Leo will get together, and if she will ever say yes to one of his repeated proposals. We also get to discover whether Isla will finally be able to adopt Elliot officially, who is a wonderful 5 year old boy.

Having read the previous too books in this series I had been eagerly awaiting the answers to all of that and to see what the outcomes would be, and felt right at home, with everything coming back to me really fas
Cindy
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-netgalley, 2018
You know how sometimes you just need to read a feel good book? Well, this is the perfect one and part of it is set in winter. Great to read at the holidays. I really liked the characters personalities. It was easy to become attached to them. It's so nice to have caring family and friends. The author made me wish I lived there!

So take a break from the holidays and spend a relaxing day at Maple Cottage. I recommend it.

* I was provided an ARC to read from the publisher and NetGalley. It was my deci
Steph Lawrence
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
An utterly gorgeous book.
This story has all you want and need in a modern romantic novel, it gets a bit steamy at times too!
A picture-perfect setting, the small English seaside town called Sandcastle Bay.
The story isn’t just about Isla and Leo, but also her friends and family, his family and some of the villagers. Aunt Agatha was making me chuckle again. Some of the things Elliot came out with made me laugh, especially in front of Aunt Agatha or one of her friends. I was definitely cringeing al
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

Oh Elliot, what a boy! My poor ovaries! That boy is my favourite character for sure – his personality is like sunshine on a rainy day. I just want to cuddle him!! If you’ve read any of the books in the series, you’ll know exactly what I am talking about! I have absolutely no idea how I managed to miss the second book, but I did. However, despite only having read the first book and then the third, I was able to slot back
Alison
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holly Martin … I don’t really need to say anything else. I have read the majority of her books and have yet to find one I didn’t like, that is an understatement reallly because I have adored them all.
All you need to do is put the kettle on, make a cup of tea, get cosy in the armchair with a warm cardi and slippers and then not move until you have finished reading the book, it truly is that simple to gain pure enjoyment.
Holly usually manages to have a charming couple who are trying to do the righ
Kim
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Another gorgeous book that is the last in a series. I'm going to have to find some new series quickly, This one mainly follows Isla and her nephew Elliott and the will they, won't they relationship with Leo.. She took over the care of her nephew when her brother died and is keen to get the official adoption sorted. There are lots of turns in the story with Leo and you are really drawn in.

Holly's book covers are always so gorgeous and tempting. Book candy! The books are also wonderfully written -
Lisa M
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was anticipating this book the most from this series and it didn't disappoint. My fave characters and storyline- absolutely on a par with Summer at Rose Island for me and I bloomin' loved that too!
Karen Whittard
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book oozes romance, beauty, love, friendship, family, happily ever afters and so much Christmas magic and sparkle that it had me reaching for the tissues as the thing that I wanted to happen at the end of this book series reaches it finale and I really really really hope that this isn’t that last book in the series i absolutly adored this book. It is the perfect book for this Christmas period and I absolutely loved every gorgeous moment of this beautiful book. Simply superb.
Gaele
Some four years ago during the weekend of her nephew Ethan’s christening, Isla and Leo acted on the electric attraction between them, and at the celebration Isla overheard Leo speaking to another woman and decided that she was (as she had feared) just one in a long list: the night and emotions between them ignored in favor of the ‘reputation’ that her brother’s best friend took over. Now, after Matthew’s death the year before, and Isla’s stepping up to raise and care for Ethan, the little boy is ...more
Nessa
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having read and loved The Holiday Cottage by the Sea #1 and The Cottage on Sunshine Beach #2, I could not wait to read Holly's newest book Coming Home to Maple Cottage #3 as I knew it would be a wonderful read and I wasn't wrong.

I loved being able to return to the Sandcastle Bay, and to meet up with previous characters Tori, Aidan, Melody, Jamie, Emily and Aunt Agath to discover how they were all getting on and what was new with each of them, but also I was excited to finally be able to read Isl
Els
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Family is all you need. Even though they can be annoying at times, they can also give you that one little push in the right direction.

In the previous books we have seen Tori and Melody finding their way to happiness. That left us only with Isla and YESSSS, all eyes are on her this time.

Love should be beautiful, but sometimes life does not make it easy and when the past starts to interfere as well, it'll be a ballroom blitz.

I will give away some details. Hahaha, got you! Of course I will not gi
Sally Coles
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Isla's brother is killed in a car crash she comes back home to Sandcastle Bay to look after his young son Elliot. Leo was Matthew's best friend and so also wants to help with Elliot but Isla finds it hard to see past his old playboy reputation. As Isla starts to have real feelings by Leo she is confused by how he really feels,..... he keeps suggesting that they get married but that's just for Elliott's sake isn't it?

Another lovely book in this series and it's great to be back with all of t
Alison Winter
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book from Holly Martin. As I've come to expect from these books, it does not disapoint: likeable characters, beautiful location and intriguing story.
Silke
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit, read-2018
Coming Home to Maple Cottage is the 3the installment in the Sandcastle Bay Series. If you are curious about the first books be sure to check out my reviews for The Holiday Cottage by the Sea and The Cottage on Sunshine Beach.  Before diving in to this particular installment in the series I really need to point out how lovely the Sandcastle Bay series is. If you have been following my blog for quite some time now, you might know that I am a huge Holly Martin fan and that I adore almost anything s ...more
Micha Sevier
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Coming Home To Maple Cottage is a lovely seasonal story full of romance and drama. Isla Rosewood is still getting used to being a parent to her adorable young nephew Elliot after Isla’s brother Matthew was tragically killed in an accident. Elliot’s godfather and Matthew’s best friend, Leo, is heavily involved in raising Elliot alongside Isla. There’s always been a spark between Isla and Leo after a passionate night several years before, but since then they’ve been only good friends. Their feelin ...more
Fiona Wilson
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2018-reads
This was a book which had me shouting and washing the characters would get their act together and stop messing about.

This is the third book in this series but it also does well as a standalone.

Isla and Leo are in a difficult situation which is made even worse by the appearance of someone from the past who is out to make trouble. This part of the story turns a lighthearted read into something far more.

I read this almost in one sitting as I was so invested in the story. Another great read from th
Dawn
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Isla and Leo shared a night of passion on the eve of her nephew’s christening. Four years later Isla is now Elliott’s guardian and Leo is taking his role of godfather seriously. Follow their romance and failed attempts at dates will they ever get together. This was such a feel good read with a few moments of sniffling and tears but really enjoyed it. Thank you to netgalley and the publishers for this arc in exchange for my honest review.
JG
I really loved this one since the couple have a sort of ongoing relationship that bordered on a platonic symbiotic relationship. Leo and Isla have always peaked my curiosity since they first appeared in the first two books. To finally have them as the main romantic couple was fantastic. I liked that theirs is an odd but no less romantic story and the journey to their HEA was satisfying.
Donna Maguire

I adored this story, it was everything I want from this kind of book – I love this author’s books and this one had excellent characterisation and interaction from the main characters.

The story flows very well and I loved the plot line. This is the third book in the Sandcastle Bay series but I thought it read fine as a stand alone. Sandcastle Bay is definitely a place I wish I could visit!

5 stars from me – it is a heart-warming story that I thoroughly enjoy
Kat Robson
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jessica
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful and touching story that has you rooting for the characters from the beginning. I loved Leo and Isla’s relationship, and the things Elliot said always surprised me but had me laughing!
Meg Dean
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! That was an emotional rollercoaster ride!!!

I love this series and I hope this isn't the end of it...of course I always say that about Holly Martin's books don't I? If you want a lovely series of #ChickLit books...Sandcastle Bay fits the bill nicely!
Melissa Borsey
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Normally, I love Holly Martin's books, however, this one just didn't work for me. It was a struggle to get through because the whole story, while a cute premise, bored me to tears. I thank Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Amelia
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am not ashamed to say I cried happy tears by the end of this book. What a beautiful ending to a great series/trilogy!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Tied Up with Love
  • Beneath the Moon and the Stars
  • The Christmas Wish
  • Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry
  • Christmas at the Little Cottage on the Hill (The Little Cottage, #4)
  • The Christmas Cafe at Seashell Cove
  • Snowflakes at Lavender Bay (Lavender Bay #3)
  • Coming Home to Merriment Bay: Part Two: Sparks Fly
  • A Gift from the Comfort Food Café (Comfort Food Cafe, #5)
  • Summer at Lavender Bay (Lavender Bay #2)
  • The Cornish Confetti Agency
  • Coming Home to Merriment Bay: Part Four: Starry Skies
  • Snowflakes over Moon Cottage (Hope Meadows #4)
  • Starlight Over Bluebell Castle (Bluebell Castle #3)
  • Second Chances at the Log Fire Cabin: A laugh-out-loud Christmas holiday romance from the ebook bestseller
  • The Mill on Magnolia Lane
  • The Telephone Box Library
  • Return to Lily Pond Lane (Lily Pond Lane, #6)
Holly lives in a little white cottage by the sea. She studied media at university which led to a very glitzy career as a hotel receptionist followed by a even more glamorous two years working in a bank. The moment that one of her colleagues received the much coveted carriage clock for fifteen years’ service was the moment when she knew she had to escape. She quit her job and returned to university ...more

Sandcastle Bay (3 books)