Start by marking “The Faithless Hawk (The Merciful Crow, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Faithless Hawk (The Merciful Crow, #2)

The Faithless Hawk

(The Merciful Crow #2)

Kings become outcasts and lovers become foes in the thrilling sequel to Margaret Owen's The Merciful Crow.

As the new chieftain of the Crows, Fie knows better than to expect a royal to keep his word. Still she’s hopeful that Prince Jasimir will fulfill his oath to protect her fellow Crows. But then black smoke fills the sky, signaling the death of King Surimir and the begin
Published August 18th 2020 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

Start your review of The Faithless Hawk (The Merciful Crow, #2)
Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)
Jul 06, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
THIS HAWK NEEDS JESUS

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
Alyson Kent
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I do not like the looks of that title..... <.<

2020: Oh. My. God. Wow. Just, wow.
Rachel (Sunflowerreads)
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
8/3/20: It. Was. AMAZING. When I am capable of coherent thought I will gush.

7/28/20: I now have this book in my hands and I am STILL NERVOUS

6/28/19: That title makes me NERVOUS i'll tell you what
Hollis
I'm going to start out by saying that unless you remember the events of THE MERCIFUL CROW really really well, you might want to reread it before diving into this one. Or at least the last few chapters. Because despite how much I thought I remembered, because it's stuck with me as I loved it so much, it took me way way too long to get back into this world. And that definitely did a disservice to the overall reading experience because I dragged my feet through the first hundred pages, putting it d ...more
Rian *fire and books*
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, lgbtqia
Y’ALL. THIS SHIT WAS FUCKING PERFECT.

Like seriously omg fucking perfect.

Did I cry a bunch? ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ (it was really more like sobbing)
Not one, but TWO, found families? ✔️ ✔️
Did this book give me a fuck ton of cats? ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️
Is there a scary ancient god, but tiny? ✔️
Does the evil villain have a pet tiger? ✔️
Did my little 🏳️‍🌈queer🏳️‍🌈 heart get some SERIOUS palpitations? ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️
Will my next cat by named Jasifur? —Stay tuned

If it’s not obvious, I am intensely in love with t
Madison Mary
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
""

*ARC received from Henry Holt, all thoughts and opinions an my own and honest*

- Sequel to The Merciful Crow -

If you subscribe to me on YouTube, you will know that The Merciful Crow was one of my top two books of 2019. I adored it with my whole heart, and was super scared to read the sequel due to high hopes. Thankfully, those hopes were fulfilled and exceeded. Fie grows so much more in this sequel and truly comes in to her own as a Chief.

Oh, also, there are a lot more cats in TFH and that ma
Meredith Sims
Aug 14, 2019 marked it as to-read
Please don’t kill Tavin please don’t kill Tavin please don’t kill Tavinpleasedon’tkillTavinPLEASEDON’TKILLTAVIN
Beth
Feb 18, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: own-to-read
I just saw an Arc if this on twitter (I think) and I need it... if only aha!
Meaghan
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
I've been lucky enough to get ARCs of both this book and it's predecessor, The Merciful Crow, and I'm glad for it too! This was one of those series that was on my radar but needed the push to get into, so having an ARC definitely helped that!

Now I'm part of the blog tour for its sequel, and I couldn't have been more excited when I got approved! I'd been wanting to know where the story went from the end of book 1, (though admittedly not desperate because while the ending had been dire, it ended o
Ian
When plague descends on the land it is the crows who are called on to deliver mercy with the slash of a knife. But the higher castes loathe and resent them. They are hunted and murdered and after completing their sworn duty often have to flee.

With enemies assailing them on all sides it is up to Fie, a young crow chieftain to unravel an ancient secret and fulfil a promise made generations before she was born.

So good. You need to read book 1, The Merciful Crow before diving into this but it's so
AJ
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
”Only a fool waits for the lightning to tell them to find shelter.”

Thank you the the publishers for allowing me to read an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review

The books started off slow, picked up in the middle and then kind of flew by towards the end. Mainly because it was hard to put it down during those last few chapters haha but the slow beginning had me worried for a bit. Once you get through the first 30% you’ll be hooked.

I wasn’t expecting this sequel to have so many t
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review - thank you!

I have left this review for WAY too long (I won't lie, I don't even have a good excuse) but here are the salient points:

➽ I am TOTALLY satisfied with the romance. Without giving away spoilers, just know that I have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to the slightest bit of 'faithlessness' (to use the titular word) in my romances, but I am completely happy with the way this romance concluded. So there's that.

➽ The beginning and midd
Shreya
Aug 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
This book and its title and its author are making me super worried about Tav. In 'The Merciful Crows' acknowledgement, the author said,"Megan, can you believe I actually didn’t kill off the love interest in this one? (It’s fine, there’s a sequel.)" and Margaret, I hope you read this review and ditch those plans altogether. Let's all live in peace, Kay ?
Roobie
⭐️4.5 stars⭐️

Fie had a number of thoughts then, and most of them involved lowering her standards for where she'd roll a lad.

Ok I guess there were more "meaningful" quotes in the book but this line actually made me laugh out loud and I stand by it!
The Nerd Daily
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Nathalie DeFelice

The murder birds are back for a fantastically epic sequel! Gods, I can’t even imagine what a puddle I would be if I hadn’t been able to read this book early. I definitely squealed a lot when I had this book in my hands, and it didn’t stop until I closed the book. Margaret Owen certainly had me on the edge of my seat the entire time, and built up a really good climax.

Read the FULL REVIEW on The Nerd Daily
everbookish
This was a wonderful follow-up to book one and I need a spin-off about Jasimir because he's a sweetheart. The one issue I had is that it felt like the romance had gone very fast very suddenly from where we left off in book 1. Other than that, this was a great sequel.
Leah
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My heart. My poor, poor, ravaged heart. This book came for me in all the right places way too many times. A worthy conclusion to what was already a fantastic series, the first 100 pages alone were utterly gripping and devastating and wonderful. I may never recover, but I'll do my best to share my thoughts properly. Thank you so, so much to Fierce Reads for the ARC!

I was already in awe of the world-building in The Merciful Crow, but this took it to a new level. I don't want to say it improved, be
Amber
Political, magical and a breath of fresh air. This is one of my favorite duologies that I have read in a long time. I can't wait to see what Margaret Owen cooks up in the future.

Spoiler-Free Series Review: https://amberinoface.wordpress.com/20...

I received an ecopy of this through netgalley; however, all opinions are my own.
Emmy Neal
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quarantine-reads
i spent a solid 20 minutes trying to figure out how to fit "romance, betrayal, and a lot more cats" into my review of this book >.< ...more
Laura ☾
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I really really enjoyed this sequel to The Merciful Crow!

RTC
Kalena W
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5/5 stars, if the last book was the underdog this book is the heckin superhero

This book was one of my highly anticipated books for 2020 and in all facts, it did deliver. Catch me crying late at night thinking about this book for weeks to come. this has so many good things going for it. Found family, brotherhood, the ability to give mercy, dark ya fantasy, an amazing magic system, LGBTQ+ representation, and CATS!! Margaret Owen had no right to write such a perfect book, haha, but I am so glad sh
Taschima
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
description

THIS BOOK. BY THE UNDEAD GODS, THIS BOOK <3

I need to chill for a moment before I declare my undying love for Fie and Margaret Owen's writing and make a fool of myself on the internet...
Kal ★ Reader Voracious
This title makes me hella nervous.

12/3/19: Ahhh look at the cover reveal and excerpt! I need this book in my hands now!
Blog | Twitter | Pinterest
Olivia
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yabc-reviews
See my full review here: https://www.yabookscentral.com/yafict...

THE FAITHLESS HAWK is one of my favorite reads of 2020. I laughed, I sighed, I cried, and this book even made me shiver- it is that good. I am pretty much a jumbled mess of thoughts, in the best way. Seriously. This series should be on the top of reads lists everywhere. This book is a sequel to THE MERCIFUL CROW, so you do need to read the first book before jumping into this one, but Owen does do a good job of providing context thr
eyes.2c
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, fantasy, netgalley
Fantasy at its best!

Compassionate, unsure (until angry and then watch out), gifted, amusing, self deprecating--all words to describe the now new Crow leader, Fie.
Crows--in a world peopled by twelve castes, the Crows are the untouchables, the lowliest of the low. Only they can cleanse villages and cities from the Sinner's Plague. The Crows are immune. They give mercy to the victims, burning away the ravages incurred. This is their duty. They cannot go against the Covenant and ignore the summoning
Brinley
Sep 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was definitely much better than the first. The first one hadn't left me hungering for more, and although this one didn't either, I was actually invested in the plot of this book. I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that the plot of this one was more than just them journeying, there was plotting and betrayals.

The romance in this one definitely took the backseat, and I couldn't decide whether I even liked it for around half the book. I can't say much more without spoiling anyt
Katie
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ARC received from Henry Holt in exchange for an honest review.

"One way or another, we all feed the crows.

Summary
After the ending of The Merciful Crow, Fie finds herself weighed down with more responsibilities than ever. She is hopeful that Prince Jasimir will remember to keep his oath. Her hopes come crashing down as Queen Ruhsana uses the plague to unite the nation of Sabor against the Crows, the caste that is sworn to protect the very nation from the deadly disease. In order to take d
Jackie ϟ Bookseller
I received an ARC of this title from the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

The Merciful Crow: 4/5 stars: ★★★★☆
The Faithless Hawk: 4/5 stars: ★★★★☆

This was everything.

RTC
Breanna
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
THIS REVIEW & MORE → Paws and Paperbacks

ARC provided by Henry Holt and Co. through NetGalley.

It’s not often that the sequel in a duology is better than the already amazing first book, but The Faithless Hawk surpassed every single high expectation I had of it. Margaret Owen has written a fantastic conclusion to this duology!

It was so easy for me to fall back into this world. The book picks up slightly after the ending of The Merciful Crow. The stakes are even higher in this one and the pacing was

• The Hating Game
  • Never Let Me Go
  • My Sister, the Serial Killer
  • Stranger in a Strange Land
  • The Lost World (Jurassic Park #2)
  • Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3)
  • Half a King (Shattered Sea, #1)
  • Skyward (Skyward, #1)
  • Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1)
  • Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2)
  • The Crow Rider (The Storm Crow, #2)
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • As the Shadow Rises (The Age of Darkness, #2)
  • The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
  • Unravel the Dusk  (The Blood of Stars, #2)
  • The First Girl Child
  • Fable (Fable, #1)
  • The Boy from the Woods
Born and raised at the end of the Oregon Trail, Margaret Owen spent her childhood haunting the halls of Powell’s Books. After earning her degree in Japanese, her love of espresso called her north to Seattle, where she worked in everything from thrift stores to presidential campaigns. The common thread between every job can be summed up as: lessons were learned.

She now spends her days wrestling di

The Merciful Crow (2 books)
  • The Merciful Crow (The Merciful Crow, #1)