Start by marking “A King Rises | A Royal Protector Academy Novella” as Want to Read:
A King Rises | A Royal Protector Academy Novella

A King Rises | A Royal Protector Academy Novella

From bestselling author Randi Cooley Wilson comes a new novella in her Royal Protector Academy series. A King Rises, Zander and Magali’s story, is now available.

Zander Argyris never expected to reign over the Woodland Realm. In fact, he preferred living in the shadow of his stepbrother, Tristan Gallagher, being second in command of the Royal Guard, and spending his days ch
Kindle Edition, 1, 192 pages
Published August 13th 2019 by Secret Garden Productions, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about A King Rises | A Royal Protector Academy Novella, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A King Rises | A Royal Protector Academy Novella

Start your review of A King Rises | A Royal Protector Academy Novella
Jennifer Treviño
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Found a whole new world to escape to!

A nice introduction to a new world & new (to me) author. While a few chapters/scenes felt rushed or lacking detail I enjoyed these characters, personalities, & their world all together. I loved the paranormal vibe with gargoyle protectors, woodlands/water realms, etc. I have not ventured to a world such as this before. I would like much much more. The inclusion of the nonverbal characters & signing won even more points as I enjoy the diversity it offers. Many
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
This was such a VERY amazing story!!

The characters were AH-MAZING!! I loved getting to know Zander and following him on his journey!! I made a real connection with him and all the other characters!!

The story-line was phenomenal!! The author did a fantastic job of keeping me wanting to listen to the story. I also loved the emotions that came out of the book and at times I found myself laughing out loud or I wanted to cry and there were some OMG moments too.

The narrators did a remarkable job makin
Patty
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zander and Magali are magic! I really enjoyed this novella. Zander is not expecting to find love, and Magali is far off his radar. After all, she is just a gargoyle and his brother's girl's best friend. It's best to keep away from her, right? Magali is staying away from love after her last encounter, but Zander just creeps up on her! These two are meant to be. It's fast, it's fun and action packed. I loved both characters, but especially Magali. What a strong and capable woman. If you have not l ...more
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Woodland realm filled with various characters
Overall 4 out of 5 stars
Performance 4 out of 5 stars
Story 3 out of 5 stars
Reviewed: 02-09-20

Contemporary paranormal fairytale creatures-like individuals. Zander and Magali were far apart. One satyr and the other a gargoyle. This quick crash in to how a satyr becomes king and falls in love with a protector.

The narrators has strong rich complementary voices that made for an enjoyable listen. This did come down to a little silly toward the end. One char
Jocelyne
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE Randi Cooley Wilson's writing! Beautiful Cover! A King Rises is a companion novella in the Royal Protector Academy Trilogy, a great paranormal romance, and a spin-off of the Revelation Series. Zander and Magali's story is fun, sexy, action packed, and fast-paced. Zander, a satyr, Prince of the Woodland Realm, is handsome, and flirty. Magali, a gargoyle, and Royal Protector, is strong, and protective. They share an instant attraction, and a great chemistry. The world building is well done ...more
Tarissa
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult-fantasy
I can't even describe how much I loved Zander and Magali's story!! I was so excited for A King Rises. And it was fantastic!! Zander was ruthless in his love for his realm and Magali. He set out to right a terrible wrong even if he thought it would cost him the love of his life.

If I wasn't already obsessed with the Royal Protectors before, Randi does an amazing job of bringing everything full circle with each and every character. Not only does Zander have a playful, lighthearted spirit, but a dar
MyBookAddiction
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
I really hate that I didn’t enjoy this one because usually I devour Randi Cooley Wilson’s books and love them. But unfortunately I felt the story didn’t flow and felt disjointed which was disappointing. The world building was lacking there for me which was a shame as usually Wilson really delivers in that aspect. Also, I didn’t really feel the connection between the two MC’s which again is not what I would expect from the author.

I am disappointed with this read but it hasn’t put me off reading
Tracy
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't even describe how much I loved Zander and Magali's story!! I was so excited for A King Rises. And it was fantastic!! Zander was ruthless in his love for his realm and Magali. He set out to right a terrible wrong doing and completely kicked butt! As always Magali's strong will and feistiness blew me away! I love a strong heroine and she is exactly that! This story as a whole was wonderful. Zander and Magali are two of my absolute favorite characters! ...more
Jennifer Beckman
Just read it!!

You know what? I really wish this world could keep going on. Loved all the stories that belong with this series. The intrigue, the love, the humor, loyalty. Thoroughly loved reading this author. I've had this series of books for what seems forever on my Kindle. Don't make the mistake I made ...... I kept putting off reading it. Don't. Just read it.!! Enjoy!!
Karmin
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an exceptional ending to a fantastic series. A King Rises wraps up the RPA series with a nice bow. As a reader I think we all want to know what happens with EVERY character. Randi did an exceptional job making sure A King Rises was just enough to fulfill that want.
Courtney Huchton
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You dive right in to Zander. You forget those that bring light, laughter and fun deals with sadness and darkness too. Sometimes you have to remember that you dont always need to shoulder burdens a lone. Something Zander has to remember. Randi never disappoints!
Jo
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quote:
“Well, drunk or not, they’re fucking right. Sometimes I need a hug. Some attention. Striker seems to be getting all the care and googly eyes these days,” I feign annoyance.
“He’s a toddler.”
“I was here first.”
“He. Is. A. Toddler.”

Niamh Hunter
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a sweet novella. A story that needed to be told.

I look forward to reading more of the stories that Randi has.
Bethany
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I absolutely loved Zander. Definetly a quick listen but well worth it. Great story and left me wanting more from it. This author is new to me and definitely delivered!
Samantha Bridges
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the type of book you didn’t think you needed until you read it and fall in love! I have always loved Zander but reading this had made me love him more! I loved this book!!
Bec
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short but oh so good.
Zander & Mags are brilliant together.
Recommend to all
Kendall {Book Crazy}
I read the first three full-length books in this series at the end of last year and I enjoyed them, so I was looking forward to this novella releasing! I believe it's taken this novella longer to release than expected, so I couldn't remember anything from the first three books when I started this novella lol! I started reading it though, and after reading, I can say that I enjoyed it! I started to remember things about the characters as the plot developed and about what happened in the other boo ...more
Lita Acevedo
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sort-of sweet story, at least part of it was, but the killing and taking over another realm wasn't sweet. However, it was a good read and a nice intro to the series. I'll probably read the next book if it's available. The love story part was push and pull, with some misunderstandings and a lot of fear that goes with giving in to love and making oneself most vulnerable. Being unfamiliar with this series, I was a little confused because it seemed like this was taking place in the past but then o ...more
Tasty Book Reads
Really 3 stars but gets 4 stars because we got a Zander book!

This so deserved being a full length novel instead of a novella or even to be it's own series. There was so much missing or things that could have been added to make this book AMAZING...instead it was just good. Sad because Zander was an awesome character and fully deserved a full book. His love for Magali was beautiful but didn't reach it's full potential because it was so short. Same with the plot! I mean the plot alone deserved easi
Teresa
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!!

Zander and Magali are just so awesome. I loved them in the other books so I was so happy to read this. A quick satisfying read with lots of love wrapped up and a beautiful HEA.

I sincerely wish there will be more from these characters or new ones in the same universe in the future.
Lauren
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it!

I finished it in 6 hours because I couldn't put it down. My only complaints are that it seemed to have a rushed ending and wasn't as naughty as I expected. I would still totally recommend it.
Jenny
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Happy readinv

I love all of Randi's books. She always creates the best characters. The story between Zander and Magali was awesome. (Who doesn't love Zander?). My favorite part of the book was definitely the epilogue.

Bookish Serendipity Shannon williamson
Finally!

I am so happy to finally have Zander and Magali’s story! It was worth the wait! I love Zander’s playful personality and Mags take no crap personality. They fit together so well. And I loved the ending 😭 it was so good!
Elizabeth Fusselman
Zander, Zander, Zander...

The only reason this only got 4 stars is because I just started to get into the darkness, & the thick of the story & then it was over. I wanted more! I love Zander, & I love Magali!
Casha Grimes
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
so freaking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's it no other words needed other than RCW writing is so amazing and it pulls you in until the last word!!! ...more
Lorinda
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well worth the wait

This book will not disappoint fans of the series, I really enjoyed it and can’t wait for the next book to come out.
Jill
Dec 10, 2020
Tania
Aug 27, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Wild Lands (Savage Lands, #2)
  • Savage Lands (Savage Lands, #1)
  • Incarnate (The Marked Saga #5)
  • The Monster Ball Year 2
  • Royal Watch (Royal Watch, #1)
  • Three Kings (Royal Conquest Saga, #3)
  • Kiss of Death (Hell on Earth, #3)
  • Ascending From Madness (Winterland Tale, #2)
  • Sovereign Sacrifice (Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles, #4)
  • Edge of the Darkness (Hell on Earth, #4)
  • The Girl Who Cried Werewolf (Of Fates & Fables Book 1)
  • Dylan (Dark Legacy, #4)
  • Holiday Crown (Royal Conquest Saga, #4)
  • Royal Command (Royal Watch #2)
  • The Girl Who Cried Captive
  • The Monster Ball: A Paranormal Romance Anthology
  • Failed Future (Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles, #3)
  • Enemies
Randi Cooley Wilson is an award-winning, bestselling author of The Revelation Series, The Royal Protector Academy Novels, The Dark Soul Trilogy and the upcoming Knightress Series. Randi's books have been featured on Good Morning America, British Glamour Magazine, USA Today's HEA Section, and in the Emmy's Gifting Suite. Her books range in genre, and include contemporary romance, urban fantasy, and ...more

News & Interviews