Start by marking “Aartsrivaal (Renegades, #2)” as Want to Read:
Aartsrivaal (Renegades, #2)

Aartsrivaal

(Renegades #2)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  12,690 ratings  ·  2,215 reviews
Samen zouden ze de wereld kunnen redden. Maar ze zijn elkaars grootste nachtmerrie.

Het dubbelleven van Nova wordt steeds ingewikkelder. Als Insomnia hoort ze bij de Rebellen, de geliefde groep superhelden die heerst over Gatlon City. Maar als Nachtmerrie hoort ze bij de Anarchisten, de groep superschurken die vastbesloten is de Rebellen te vernietigen. Als Nova begint ze s
Published December 2018 by Blossom Books (first published November 6th 2018)

·  12,690 ratings  ·  2,215 reviews

Emma Giordano
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Marissa Meyer has done it again. I am TRULY blown away by Archenemies. Stay tuned for my spoiler-filled video review!

CW: violence, oppression

Renegades was already a fantastically constructed world, but Archenemies breaks the boundaries for what we know of Gatlon City. I cannot get enough of the politics of this world. Conflict goes far beyond what we already know of the Renegades’ power and the Anarchists’ will for vengeance. Morals are questioned, friends become suspects, and tensions are highe
Emily May
I am trying so hard to love this series but it just isn't working.

After not enjoying Cinder, I went on to love the rest of the Lunar Chronicles, so I was really hoping I could do that with this series. I was hoping that Renegades was just a shaky start to something much better. And, for a while, I convinced myself I liked this one more than the first. But aside from a few good bits, I think I'll just have to admit these books are not for me.

Let's break it down.

» The characters.

Honestly, I fin
emma
happy book birthday to Archenemies!! my gift is that i posted this mildly negative full review on my blog. find it here: https://emmareadstoomuch.wordpress.co...

-----------

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Life is teeming with disappointments.

The fact that that is closer than anything else to becoming my catchphrase is, in a word, concerning. I was hoping that when I inevitably developed a catchphrase, it’d be something cool, like “cleanup on aisle 7” (for when I commit murders) or “all
jessica
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i feel like i could copy and paste my review for ‘renegades’ and everything would apply to this sequel. we stan a consistent series! lol.

again, this series is the only story i have read where the plot centres around crime fighting superheroes. like actual heroes vs. villains. and i forget how cheesy it can be at times, especially during the action sequences. literally all that is missing is a POW or BAM in little balloon bubbles down the margins. but once you get past that, the story is actuall
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I can't keep up on my damn preorders!!

I didn't like it as much as the first book but it was still up there.

Cover is good. Narrators were good listening at 2x speed. I think when the next one comes out, I need to read them back to back and see how it goes 🤔😉

Happy Reading!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Riley
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book is almost 600 pages and I read it in a day so if that tells you anything
Ashley Nuckles
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this but I’m also so ANGRYYYYY HOW COULD IT END THAT WAY I DIDNT GET ANYTHING I WANTED WHERE IS BOOK THREE AHHHH
Hamad
This review and other non-spoilery reviews can be found @The Book Prescription

“I just want to remind you that there are no lone wolves in the Renegades. There is no I in hero.”

🌟 I insist on calling Marissa Meyer the queen of re-tellings. TLC is one of my favorite series that kept improving somehow till the last book. I expected Marissa to be awesome when she writes an original series, except that it was not original!

🌟Jump back a few years ago to when the X-Men movies were released, particularly
may ➹
Dec 28, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
if this isn’t better than the mess that was Renegades, I’m rioting. at least the cover is cool
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
I am so mad at myself for not reading this before but now I have and AHHHHHHH IT'S SO GOOD!!

(It's probably a little bit trashy, but I am 10000% invested in the series and I love it so much!)

Even the beginning, which had a lot less action, I still don't think it was boring. It was a little bit slow, but I still thought it was a good pace for the story.

And that ending!! It was so action packed and so intense!!

(view spoiler)
Angelica
This book was so long!

Don't get me wrong, I was entertained. At times I didn't even notice the time passing. Other times it felt like it was never going to end!

I keep wanting to love this series. I keep wanting to love these characters the same way I loved the characters of Meyer's Lunar Chronicles. I tried, guys, I really did. And I just couldn't.

My first issue was the charcters.

Aside from Adrian and Nova, none of these characters mattered. They were two dimensional and honestly, pretty interch
Heather
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fantasy
I liked this one but sadly not as much as Renegades...
Am I the only one?
Simona Bartolotta
2.5

I still think Meyer is one of the best fantasy YA author out there, and I still think she doesn't even have to try to be able to stand out. But this book just didn't work. Personally, I believe that the reason (at least in my case) is one of disappointed expectations: like many other fans, I had got used to the idea that the Renegades series was going to be a duology, and only recently did I find out that this was not the case any longer. Not only that, but Archenemies, the second book I, and
Trina (Between Chapters)
This is such a fun series! I love it. To be honest I flew through this book so fast that I won't have a lot to say about it because it's a blur. But I LOVED the tension of will-they-or-won't-they find out about the secret identities. There was good romantic chemistry. I love this friend group. I love how the book explores heroes who have evil motives and villains that have good ones. My feels are all over the place!

Audiobook review: Narrated by Rebecca Soler and Dan Bittner. Soler is my fave so
may ❀
i need a moment of silence for the fact that this book ended second book syndrome. marissa meyer pulled through, i knew my queen could do it

SERIOUSLY though, wow this book fixed everything the first book lacked. the action was so well paced and the scenes were so vivid. i felt connected to the characters this time unlike last time. i ship ruby and oscar so much wow i love them

nova's personality and moral dilemma were so well developed and expressed, you could FEEL the predicament she faced. i EV
Cassie Stever
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don’t feel like writing a long review honestly, but just know that this book has destroyed me and I’m not okay.

Take me out of the oven and stick a fork in me because I. Am. Done.

Thank you, Marissa Meyer, for signing my death certificate. Maybe I’ll come back as Phobia and be your worst fear. Though, even that wouldn’t be enough in my eyes after that heart breaking ending you delivered to us.

Do I seriously have to wait a year for the third and final book? I think I just died a little mor
Kelly Brigid
“There were still consequences. There were always consequences, no matter which side she was on.”

I’m utterly torn. I love the sweet characters and prodigy society depicted in general. But, I can’t overlook the glaring similarities between this novel and the third installment in the X-men franchise, The Last Stand. One of the central plot points involves a drug that can neutralize the abilities of any prodigy. Nova is concerned that this power will be abused in the hands of egotistical Renega
Matthew
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am enjoying this series a lot so far. The writing is reminding me a lot of The Lunar Chronicles, which I enjoyed quite a lot, so I am quite pleased. Meyers characters are always interesting and fun to get to know. Also I love how unique this series continues to be with a different take on the superhero genre.

My only complaint about this book is there was quite a large chunk in the middle where things got a bit slow and stagnant. Meyer picked one major plot point and then just ran it into the g
Suzanne
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Wow that was an intense last few chapters. This was a tremendous sequel and I cannot wait for the next book! I need it now because I have to see how this Sentinel and Nightmare collision course ends. The characters we learned about in book one take on way more feats and develop in even more detail with a plot that is fast-paced and just overall awesome! I seriously enjoyed this sequel more than I expected, which should not have been the case since the first hit me the same way.

My quick and
Kay Wisteria
It's finally happened. After a whole year of anticipation, I FINALLY read my most anticipated most awaited most I MUST READ THIS AIOSKLJFDAIOFSJ book of 2019 and I have fEELINGS. Note: there will be spoilers for Renegades (the first book in the trilogy) but not Archenemies in this review.

Archenemies picks up a little after the first book left off, after the explosive battle that killed The Detonator and shocking revelation that Ace Anarchy is, in fact, still alive. It's been a year since I read
Joshee Kun (조수아)
Having superpowers doesn't automatically make you some selfless hero. People are greedy and cruel, and...for some, having superpowers just makes them even more greedy and cruel.

This series is a testament to Marissa Meyer's growth as an author. Although I still love Cinder and the rest of The Lunar Chronicles, I think that Renegades and Archenemies are better in the intellectual department since they can make you ponder the complexities of morality and human nature in general.

Archenemies builds u
Regina
Feb 24, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
So if this book’s title is not Anarchists I’ll actually throw a tantrum like a 2 year old.

EDIT: I HATE MY LIFE

EDIT: I may forgive Meyer for the title because HOLY CRAP I LOVE THE COVER

Another EDIT: turns out it’s gonna be a trilogy so I’m hoping for a certain title for the third book ehm
shortcake ;)
Feeling personally attacked by my queen Marissa

T H I S
~
UPDATE: TOMORROW WE GET A COVER THIS IS NOT A DRILL
WOWOWOWOWOWOW SYNOPSIS

I need this now
beth ✨
HOLY SHIT

i have been so busy with work so it has literally taken me forever to read this but ..... HOLY SHIT.
ℨαrα
please note that the use of the terms “Nova’s mission” and reference to Nova being a “spy” are used VERY loosely in this review.

Things I liked:
◘ So like with renegades, the ending was REALLY GOOD. I genuinely enjoyed it. The Sentinel’s discovery and the party and the chaos at the very very end. WAS GOOD.
◘ And at the risk of repeating my words in my Renegades review, Book 3 has potential and some really interesting things were set up at the end.
◘ The very morally grey Renegades-Anarchists-
Nadhira Satria
I HAVENT EVEN READ THE FIRST BOOK YET BUT I WILL NOW BECAUSE LOOK AT THAT COVER 😍😍😍
Clemlucian (🏳️‍🌈the brooding villain)
“That’s human nature, isn’t it? People want to put someone on a pedestal. Maybe it gives them something to dream about.”

description

Rating: 3.5/5 stars

While Renegades was quite the book, Archenemies doesn’t try to be more than its predecessor. It suffers from the middle book syndrome, meaning that it feels archaic and unfocused. The result, I was hungry for more at the end of the book. I could feel the ghost of Renegades hanging around, haunting Archenemies like a greater, dead, big brother.

While nothin
Merphy Napier
3.5 -> rounding up to a 4

What I liked:
- the setting. This is just a fun place to hang out. This world where people with superpowers are the only really relevant people and everyone (almost) is morally gray. And I love hanging with so many different types of powers.
-slooooowww burn romance. I just like the way Marissa Meyer writes romances. It just connects with me for some reason, and I dig these two together (even though I dont fully dig them on their own)

What I didn't like:
-nova. I didn't
《 sofia 》
the synopsis didn’t lie: in archenemies the line between good and evil really has been blurred.

on one side you have the renegades, the so called good guys who fight the villains that endanger society. on the other hand, you have the anarchists, the bad ones, the villains. however, in this book you start questioning everything you were led to believe.

are the renegades really that great, after having developed something that could stripe someone of their powers in a matter of seconds? is, what es
Kaya
Feb 28, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
WHAT THE HECK THAT COVER IS FLIPPING GORGEOUS
______________________________
WE HAVE A TITLE!!!
Archenemies...Adrian and Nova better end up together or I'm retiring to a hole. Where no one will ever find me...
YA Buddy Readers'...: Archenemies (Renegades #2) by Marissa Meyer - Starting May 7th 2019 30 13 May 20, 2019 06:59AM
Adrian's Moms murder 4 34 May 20, 2019 03:44AM
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Archenemies [Feb 15, 2019] 52 46 May 03, 2019 08:52AM
Addicted to YA: Archenemies 19 134 Apr 15, 2019 11:39AM
The Universe of M...: Archenemies (Renegades, book 2) 84 161 Jan 28, 2019 08:53AM
Coffee Break: 2019 February BOTM - Archenemies (Renegades #2) by Marissa Meyer - SPOILER ALERT 1 17 Jan 25, 2019 06:57PM
what is nova's power 5 28 Jan 10, 2019 11:53AM

• Immunity (Contagion, #2)
  • The Midnight Lie
  • The Cursed Sea (The Glass Spare, #2)
  • Undying (Unearthed, #2)
  • Finale (Caraval, #3)
  • Soul of the Sword (Shadow of the Fox, #2)
  • Untitled (The Diabolic, #3)
  • Rebel (Legend, #4)
  • Imprison the Sky (The Elementae, #2)
  • DEV1AT3 (Lifelike, #2)
  • Untitled (Threads of Power, #2)
  • Reclaiming Shilo Snow (The Evaporation of Sofi Snow, #2)
  • Untitled (Courting Darkness Duology, #2)
  • The Everlasting Rose (The Belles, #2)
  • Navigating the Stars
  • Ringer (Replica, #2)
  • Airships of Camelot: The Rise of Arthur
  • Untitled
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my husband and beautiful twin daughters. Represented by Jill Grinberg. Learn more about me and my upcoming books at http://www.marissameyer.com.

Renegades (3 books)
  • Renegades (Renegades, #1)
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
“It’s not all black and white, good and bad. Peoples actions...their motives...there are” - he circled his hands in the air - “gray areas.” 23 likes
“A true queen is made not in times of prosperity, but in times of hardship.” 19 likes