Start by marking “Charged (The Otherworlds Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Charged (The Otherworlds Series #1)

Charged

(The Otherworlds Series #1)

Bobbie Flemming was having one of those terrible, no good kind of days.
Her boss yelled at her because of something a co-worker did, her sometimes boyfriend was getting engaged to another woman, and she wore two different shoes to work. To make matters worse, she agreed to be in a charitable “most eligible” auction for her friend Chuck, who won’t speak to her if she doesn’
Published September 18th 2018 by Parajunkee Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Charged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charged

Start your review of Charged (The Otherworlds Series #1)
Nicole (TheBookWormDrinketh)
Bobbie is a strong willed, independant woman who had me liking her with the first lines of the book,

“Bobbie Fleming knew that today was destined to be one of those terrible, no good kind of days. It was going to be one of those days reminiscent of a quirky women’s fiction novel, but without the slow progression to self-realization and the eventual sticky-sweet happily-ever-after at the end.”

She could be a little confusing at times going from SUPER positive,

“Bobbie often told herself things like
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
Nope. I tried. I tried so freaking hard. Gave this story so many chances to get back on track. But it was one of those reverse harem stories that exists mostly for the sex and there's only a plot for a few seconds while the characters recover from their lust haze. Look, it didn't sound exactly great from the summary, but it had potential. Potential which was never realized because of all the sex. I'm not a prude, obviously, because there for a bit, reverse harems were my jam. But this story was ...more
Ali (Ali's Bookshelf )
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
I loved this book! I was excited to start reading this book so as soon as I got my hands on it, as well as soon as it downloaded onto my Kindle I started reading it right away. I knew right away as soon as I finished chapter 1 that I was going to love this book and it didn't disappoint.

Author Gillian Zane's characters are so easy to connect with and so easy to fall in love with. Her writing style is perfection and this book was exactly the type of book I needed when I read it. I was actually in
Konny
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Every time Gillian Zane is about to release a new book I´m giddy to get my hands on it. No matter what genre she writes, her characters and I , we simply click. Now she wrote a reverse harem story and what can I tell, I was so not disappointed. Au de contrair, I love, love , love Bobbie´s story.
Charged isn´t like the other reverse harem books, the story is unique and I connected very easily with the characters. They´re near and dear to my heart.

Charged has everything I love in a good book; a wit
Callie
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesomeness x 4

Gillian Zane knocks it out of the park again! I think this is a bit of a different take on reverse harms and I love it! The world she has created is vibrant! I can't wait to visit it again! Here's hoping there will be a squeal?
Nadine
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Charged was fun, honestly made me crack up in place and I found it to be overall super entertaining.

I was thinking about it and this is pretty much the second ever Reverse Harem book, I have read and reviewed here. So, to be honest, I am not sure how many of these I will be reading in the future, but for now, I have enjoyed the books that I got.

Back to Charged and Bobbie’s adventures!

I really liked her from the first chapter, she is so jaded reminded me of me, though not as sarcastic as yours tr
D2licious
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Joann
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sorry no spoilers of any kind.
This book was awesome even though it seemed to drag a little in the beginning but then it picked up by the third chapter and started getting really good.
This is my first time reading anything by Gillian Zane and I have to say she’s pretty good at weaving her stories.
I’ll be checking out more of her books to see what they are like.
But anyway yes I do recommend this book to anyone who’s interested in crawling into this story and getting lost within its pages.
Jackie
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a day for Bobby. Her sometimes boyfriend engaged, her boss yells at her. Can things get worse? Awesome book that kept me reading.
Alathia Morgan
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Unique story

It was a unique story with lots of alien men. Book 2 can't come out soon enough. Reverse Harems are a exciting genre.
Kristi
I liked this author's NOLA series but this book didn't really work for me. I didn't like the heroine nor any of the heroes.
Gena Barton
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It is very well written. I love books where the females are the bad ass characters. It is a very good fantasy book. The aliens are super sexy and the way she writes about their world makes you want to visit it. Can't wait for the rest of the series.
Ramona
Jan 31, 2020
Catherine
Feb 24, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Descendant of Blood (Descendants, #2)
  • Descendant of Chaos (Descendants, #1)
  • Chosen (Chosen, #1)
  • Tribe Protector (Chosen, #3)
  • Alpha Breeds (Alpha Horde, #1)
  • Branded Captive (Wren's Song, #1)
  • Marks of the Mazza (The Mazza, #1)
  • Spells and Necromancy (Unfortunate Magic #1)
  • Silent Captive (Wren's Song, #2)
  • Bound Spirit (The Bound Spirit, #1)
  • Virgo Rising (The Afflicted Zodiac, #1)
  • Tribe (Chosen, #2)
  • A Study in Seduction (Moriarty's Men #1)
  • The Cardinal Bird (The Cardinal, #1)
  • The Missing Wolf (Familiar Empire #1)
  • The Wasteland (Their Champion, #1)
  • Tempted by Demons (Brides of the Sinistral Realms, #1)
  • Written (The Librarian's Coven #1)
Gillian Zane is an Amazon bestselling author that specializes in dark genre fiction for adults. Gillian defines herself by the city she was raised in, New Orleans. She’s tried moving away a few times but always comes back. At the age of ten, she decided she would be a writer and has been determined every since. Between that decision and when she actually finished a book that she believed was good ...more

News & Interviews