Start by marking “A Very Dragon Christmas (Darkness, #8.5)” as Want to Read:
A Very Dragon Christmas (Darkness, #8.5)

A Very Dragon Christmas

(Darkness #8.5)

Published November 6th 2018 by KR Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about A Very Dragon Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Very Dragon Christmas

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
2 Lackluster Stars

I recently (as in this week) read two Darkness novellas - this one and this one...which is supposedly considered a "full length" whole number installment, but at 99 overpriced pages, well...

description

In fact, I've come to two conclusions after finishing this last one:

1) Said novellas are not worth the price I paid for them. ($2.99 for each)

2) Katie Reus can't write good novella.

With both books, everything felt...half-assed and rushed, quite frankly.

And before people get their panties ja
Sophia Triad
Lots of parallel stories in this short novel about all the supernatural beings of the “Darkness” series. The dragons, the vampires, the wolves, the demons, the demigods, the hybrids are about to celebrate Christmas, but at the same time they have their personal issues to sort out.

Still the focus of the book is Petronilla dragon clan and more specifically the pregnancy of Victoria. Will she finally have her baby without complications? The story of wolf shifter Victoria and dragon shifter Drake st
Claire Robinson
5 - "Fucking perfection." Stars!

Aww, a lovely little Christmas check-in with a large number of the Darkness characters (old & new) around the pending delivery of Drake and Victoria’s first child.

"Are we going to have a Christmas baby after all..?"

I love this series, so to be able to catch up with so many of the characters from previous books as well as be teased by the author about potential stories to come for newer characters in the future was a really great way to spend a couple of hours.
Gi's Spot Reviews
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 ‘Dragon/Darkness PERFECT Christmas’ Gift’ Stars

The perfect little holiday novella, with all of my fav Darkness gang, and to top it off focused on my all time fav couple of the series, Victoria and DRAKE!!! The sweetest and most captivating of PNR novellas!

This story was so much more than I expected, and I ADORED it! I was surprised, in the best of ways, that we got to revisit all the previous – and much beloved – Darkness couples. Checking in with all the gang as well as the fantastic Arya and
Carvanz
I loved this little something special this author created for her fans of the Darkness series!

As Christmas is approaching, Victoria is miserable in her thirteenth month of pregnancy. Many friends and family members are gathering to help celebrate the holiday as well as hoping she will soon give birth. However, her mate is hiding something from her which is adding to her already cranky mood. Fortunately the clan healer forces everyone to stay away so she can rest and take some time out just for h
Cyndi
I loved it! Drake is my favorite hero in this series so I love getting more of him!
JoRead
~3.5 stars ~
Super fun and cute novella. Everything I wanted to know about some of my favorite characters were somehow put together in just a few pages and it worked perfectly! I loved the interactions of everyone, especially the 3 powerful dragon female shifters.
I wouldn't recommend it reading it if you haven't read the rest of the series but if you have this is like a complementary story if you want to keep updated on some pretty awesome, sexy shifters.

*I volunteered to read and received a c
T.M. Payne
Author: Katie Reus
Publication Date: 11/6/2018
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts

REVIEW
I was beyond excited when I heard we were getting more Darkness. I love this series by this author. And then for it to be a holiday celebration of sorts is just the icing on the cake.

Usually, easygoing/ and loving Victoria is not quite herself, she is tired of being pregnant, everyone and everything annoys her. And add to it all? Every
Elisa Hordon
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first thought on finishing A Very Dragon Christmas was 'Beautiful' my next thought was that's probably a little weird to think about a shifter story but you know what it was that good.

Katie Reus writes every book exceptionally well but I have to say her Darkness series will always be my favourite they way she writes in this shifter world of hers is beyond amazing and something I just love to lose myself in.

I do think it was cruel to make Victoria's pregnancy go for 13 months lol but you know
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Ms. Reus’s Darkness world. While the centerpiece of the book is the birth of Victoria and Drake’s hybrid shifter child, equal page time is given to the dozens of characters encountered over the course of eight stories.

Primarily set in Montana among the Petronilla dragon clan, readers learn that poor Victoria has been pregnant for nearly 13 months, and in addition to her discomfort and raging hormones, she’s dealing with an overly-attentive mother-in-law. There are some bumps and scary moments,
Rosemary K
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this holiday novella. It gave me a chance to catch up with my favorite supernatural beings. Finally after an abnormally long pregnancy I get to be there as Victoria and Drake become parents. It was so much fun to see the clans gathered for Christmas. What a family get together. I had to smile as I enjoyed this groups over the top interaction. Katie Reus wrote a satisfying story. It was filled with romance, love and a taste of future adventures. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Julie (Jewls Book Blog)
Aside from a small slice of drama for Victoria and Drake’s pregnancy, this cute holiday novella had humor, love, friendship, and (I am hoping!!) possible hints of the next couple to get their story!
Shelley
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh boy, absolutely love this series! The characters are all kick@ss and bad@ss too 😍 Victoria is pregnant and coming to the end of “the longest pregnancy” ever, according to her 😂. Drake’s family is overprotective and overdoing it to the point Victoria is fed up and seeks Dragos out to help her!

Returning old favourites come together for Victoria’s imminent baby’s birth and to all spend Christmas together. I can see a few new future couples in this series.....and I cannot wait for them to eventu
Sandy S
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date November 6, 2018

It will take a miracle to survive Christmas…

Victoria is about to have a baby. But not just any baby, a wolf-dragon hybrid, and her overprotective mother-in-law isn’t giving her any peace. She means well, but by the time Victoria finds herself climbing out a bathroom window to escape her overly-vigilant family, she realizes something’s got to give. And if they don’t back off, more than just the holiday will be ruined.

Join the crazy, fun Petroni
Barbara
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
5 stars!!

What a fabulous visit with the Petronilla clan and Darkness series crew! Victoria and Drake are awaiting the birth of their son, the first wolf-dragon hybrid. Anxious family members are driving Victoria nuts with their overprotective nature, friends are in town for the holidays and the birth, and thus nonstop laughter ensues.

I’m excited to see what comes next in this series with Gabriel and Vega’s adventure, and the new wolf alphas. The Darkness series is one of my favorites. If you ar
Linda
"Are we going to have a Christmas baby after all..?"

A Very Dragon Christmas by Katie Reus is a holiday-themed novella-length story in her Darkness series. Katie’s books generally work well as stand-alones; however, that does not hold true for A Very Dragon Christmas. Since her Darkness series is so popular, she wrote this entry as a holiday treat for her readers who crave more of their favorite characters. If you have not read the previous books, do yourself a favor and skip this tale until you’
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

At the very beginning of A Very Dragon Christmas there is a warning that this isn't a standalone novella, and that's a true statement. If you haven't read any of the Darkness books go back and start with book one. This is one of the series you have to read from the first book. With that said, I think this is a fun little story that hits all the emotional points. Again, you can't start with this story, because a lot has happen.

Victoria and Drake are expecting there litt
ZETTER
My Miracles!!!

Victoria Petronilla was about to have the first wolf-dragon hybrid in the Petronilla Clan. The mother to be was frustrated that her pregnancy was taking longer than any of them expected. Added to that her mother-in-law, Arya, an ancient dragon shifter named A wasn't giving her any kind of peace and it was driving her crazy.

Drake knew that his mate was getting frustrated with her pregnancy and he didn't blame her. He just didn't know what to do to make things easier for her. When Vi
Gigi staub
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-author

Join the crazy, fun Petronilla dragon clan for A Very Dragon Christmas and find
Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Drake and Victoria are finally having their baby! If you read Sentinel of Darkness, the eighth book in this series, you found out that she was pregnant. In this book, it's show time.

It's Christmas in Montana and everybody is there. I loved seeing these characters again. Some of them I didn't remember, but enough information was given that I remembered their stories. I read a lot of books and can't remember every character, but I've never forgotten Drake. He touched my heart like few other charac
April Symes
Victoria is about to have a baby. But its not just any baby but a wolf-dragon hybrid baby!! And she has mother in law issues- her mother in law is WAY overprotective and doesn't give her a moment's peace. Drake saw his mate was going nuts and was super overwhelmed but he didn't know what to do to help her. Its Christmas time in this book and we get to see previous characters pop in and we see how they are doing since their book. Its a great novella where Drake and Victoria are getting ready for ...more
Valerie Valicento
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
You will need to read the other stories before you read this one.

This story is primarily about Drake and Victoria and the birth of their baby. BUT, you catch up with almost everyone else in the series.

Victoria has been pregnant FOREVER. Her hybrid baby is taking longer than a wolf or dragon would to be born. She's taking it all in stride, but the over protectiveness of her Mother In Law has gotten to be too much and sends the Mommy to her bed because of too much stress. Suddenly the baby decide
Zita
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other-arcs
The holiday season birth of a wolf/dragon hybrid…

This is book 8.5 in the Darkness series, the length that of a short novella, not a stand-alone.

The wolf shifter Victoria, mated to the dragon shifter Drake of the Petronilla clan, is thirteen months pregnant and anxious to give birth, her emotions are all over the place. She’s frustrated with the length of this pregnancy which is not unusual for a hybrid childbirth. She’s suffocated by family members who mean no harm, they’re just overly protectiv
Crissy
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This novella is one all readers of this series will enjoy. I would definitely recommend it after reading the previous books in the series. This short read is one full of family and friends during the Christmas holiday. It had all of my favorite characters from the previous books and I was so happy to read more of Bo and Nyx's family. They were definitely one of my favorites from the previous books. However, I also love Victoria and Drake. This read was one of sweet surprises, steamy scenes, a bi ...more
Felice Foster
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I so enjoyed this novella set in the Darkness world. Although the focus is on Victoria's pending delivery, the readers get to catch up on past couples, present singles, and potential pairings. With a baby on the way, we see how this affects many of the other characters and how much they have grown since their own individual books. For those characters who have not found their "one" or "ones????", we get to catch up with what is going on in their lives as well. A really good transition between fu ...more
Speed
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a combination of all past characters as we are given insights and updates into their lives. Everyone comes to visit and celebrate in the Christmas season. Poor Victoria is stressed and her pregnancy has been going on too long, Lol. Filled with love, humor, fighting, sex, and a wonderful surprise gift, this story gave me so many feels. Another great read in the Darkness series. I do hope that the next book might be about a certain ancient dragon and a bear hybrid? Lol. 5 Wolf Shifter, Vam ...more
Paulette
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can’t get enough of this series and the world that Katie Reus has created. Thank you, Katie Reus, for giving us more of the wonderful dragons. My only complaint was that it was too short! Lol. I know, it’s a novella, but I really need more.
I am in love with these characters. The dragons are my favorite with the half demons coming in second.
Great job! Anxiously waiting to read what you write next in this series.
Glittergirl
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fun catch up with all the dragons in this series. I love these kind of stories that touches base with all the various characters we've come to care about through this series. It also futhers several story threads running throughout this series and gives us hints to things to come. And we have the dramatic entrance of Victoria & Drake's child. Thank you Katie for allowing me on your street team so I could review this story for you.
Terri
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Very Dragon Christmas...

A Darkness series novella. Although short it was nonetheless fascinating. A baby being born. Someone missing. Couples from past books make an appearance. Ayra and her sisters-in-law keep that antics and drama going. Love them. This story is endearing and angst. Loving and passionate, just in time for the holidays.
Betty Lambert
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very short Christmas Story and it was very good. I have read all of the Darkness Series so it was fun to hear about the others from previous books and how they are getting along. Great story line and lots of funny areas too. Lots of tense moments but ran very smoothly...Highly recommend.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • By Fairy Means or Foul (Starfig Investigations, #1)
  • Demon's Mercy (Dark Protectors #9)
  • All He Wants for Christmas (The Rapture, #3; Spurs and Stripes, #2; Against All Odds, #3; O'Connor Family, #1; Rough Riders Hockey, #1; Holly NC, #1-6 & 7)
  • Razr (Demonica Underworld #4; Demonica #15; 1001 Dark Nights #56)
  • Eternity and a Day (Desires of the Otherworld, #1)
  • Darkest Flame: Part 3
  • Holiday at Magnolia Bay (Southern Born Christmas #1; Magnolia Bay #4)
  • No Ordinary Mistress (Masquerading Mistresses, #1)
  • Bring Me a Dream (Reveler, #5)
  • Angel Redeemed (Deadly Sins, Novelette #1)
  • On the Naughty List
  • The Red Lily (Vampire Blood, #2)
  • Stop Dragon My Heart Around (Las Vegas Dragons, #2)
  • Sexy as Hell (More Than Men, #1)
  • Deceiving the Witch Next Door
  • A Scottish Lord for Christmas (Sins and Scandals #3)
  • Once Upon a Highland Christmas (Scandalous Scots, #0.5)
  • Night Angel (Night, #2.5)
Katie Reus is the New York Times, USA Today, & IndieReader bestselling author of the Red Stone Security series, the Moon Shifter series and the Deadly Ops series. She fell in love with romance at a young age thanks to books she pilfered from her mom's stash. Years later she loves reading romance almost as much as she loves writing it. However, she didn't always know she wanted to be a writer. ...more

Darkness (9 books)
  • Darkness Awakened (Darkness, #1)
  • Taste of Darkness (Darkness, #2)
  • Beyond the Darkness (Darkness, #3)
  • Hunted by Darkness (Darkness #4)
  • Into the Darkness (Darkness #5)
  • Saved by Darkness (Darkness, #6)
  • Guardian of Darkness (Darkness, #7)
  • Sentinel of Darkness (Darkness #8)
  • Darkness Rising (Darkness, #9)
“Dragon females were the deadliest warriors, after all.” 2 likes