Start by marking “Tears of Frost (Heart of Thorns, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tears of Frost (Heart of Thorns, #2)

Tears of Frost

(Heart of Thorns #2)

The electric second book in the Heart of Thorns trilogy explores the effects of power in a dark magical kingdom—and the fierce courage it takes to claim your body as your own.

Mia Rose is back from the dead. Her memories are hazy, her body numb—but she won’t stop searching. Her only hope to save the boy she loves and the sister who destroyed her is to find the mother she ca
Published November 5th 2019 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about Tears of Frost, please sign up.

Start your review of Tears of Frost (Heart of Thorns, #2)
Tabi⁷ (ᕗツ)ᕗ
I'm honestly just here for my darling Quin
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
****4.25 Which side am I on? Stars****

I am confused on how I feel about this part of the series....I am not a big fan of jumping around relationships, so I think it took away from the story for me.

Don't get me wrong, I want to continue to read to see what happens to Mia and Pil and Quin but I hope the next one stays on the correct relationship path!
Christopher DeWan
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Better—deeper, richer, more rewarding, more surprising, and more beautiful—than the first one. Tears of Frost is what a sequel should be.
beth ✨
Feb 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: releases-2019
WE HAVE A COVER!!!!

i’m so excited for this sequel 💜
Fin Daniels
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, arc
Spoiler-free Review:
You ever finish a book and just know that that is a book that is going to stick with you? That was me all while reading this book. It was poignant, funny, heartbreaking and necessary in all the best ways. Bree absolutely knocked it out of the park with this one. It is the Empire Strikes Back of a magnificent trilogy. It is what I want all sequels to beloved books to be like. She took the characters and world i already adored and just deepened everything. Bonds were tested, br
Paige Green
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher. Thanks! All options are my own.

Author: Bree Barton

Book Series: Heart of Thorns Book 2

Rating: 5/5

Publication Date: November 5, 2019

Recommended Age: 16+ (sexual assault and depression tw, some violence)

Genre: YA Fantasy

Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books

Synopsis: Mia Rose is back from the dead. Her memories are hazy, her body numb—but she won’t stop searching. Her only hope to save the boy she loves and the sister who destroyed her is to find the m
USOM
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher. This has not impacted my review which is unbiased and honest.)

If I thought I loved the sister relationships in Heart of Thorns, Tears of Frost blows it out of the water. Not only does Tears of Frost begin with a letter from the author about the content of sexual assault and depression, but the story is rich and introspective. A society in which women's bodies and potential for magic are shunned and punished, seeing the characters experience
Jasmine Burt
It was overall a little disappointing, I didn’t like the direction the characters went in the end most of the romances were ended, so what was the point in them. The ending was again disappointing and whilst i will read the next one i will only read to see if the ending makes up for the catastrophe of the a second book.

The one thing i did love was the expansion of the magic system, the myths of the six souls and how they open up new possibilities.
Kym
Apr 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: physical
Action packed from beginning to end!

Must say I enjoyed this book slightly more than the first. The pace of this book is awesome & definitely didn't want to put it down. It's also action packed from beginning to end with some very unexpected twists.

Fierymermaidbooks
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
PLOT TWISTS FOR DAYS! This book is crazy good! At the beginning, the author gives a content warning because this book deals with some heavy topics such as depression. I think the author did such a great job writing about it. This book picks up a little while after the last book ended. It was confusing at first to realize it’s about Pilar in the beginning and not Mia Rose. I love how Pilar’s backstory unfolds throughout the novel. Mia’s chapters were heartbreaking to read but I think they are cru ...more
Hira Chaudhary
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I gave this book five stars, but I'm honestly so conflicted about so many things. So I'm going to split this into things I liked and things I didn't like. Here we go.

Things I ADORED.
- The FEMINISM. Like, if the first book was a feminist masterpiece, this one takes it one step further and guts you and gives you female empowerment and sisterhood and all the things you need. It is grand. Mia and Pilar are going to run the world.
- Pilar's backstory (tw: rape). This was really beautifully handled and
Astrid
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is one of those underrated series!
Wow, what a sequel. Full of twists and turns I didn't see coming. The usual writing that makes you addicted to the book and makes you not want to stop reading. I flew through this and I need more!
Anna
Dec 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I’m honestly not sure where to start. Let me begin by saying I was initially here for Quin and Mia, a couple that I find work(ed) well together since they truly understood each other in the last book. Unfortunately, that plot line got thrown out the window pretty quickly.

Overall, this book felt a bit too “jumpy” for me. It’s evident in the newly formed couples’ storylines, which I think were too underdeveloped to be convincing. They were just too sudden, and not meaningful enough.

What I really l
Cataline Champs
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019-releases
Morgan | Mashleas Reads
After loving the first book this fell so flat for me. It was really easy to read but the plot went in so many strange directions I almost couldn’t follow it.

A little disappointing after how amazing book 1 was.
Mere,
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: april-books
First off, I thought this was a duology. Imagine my horror when there were only twenty pages left and there was going to be no resolution. (Absolutely horrified). I liked the first book in this series, and I might like this one just a little bit more. It brings up important points occurring or occurred in our history in a fantasy setting. There was nothing subtle about it at all. The hardest part was that so much happened in the first, jumping into this one I was a bit confused at first, but the ...more
Dana
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Hmm I can't decide if I'll read the next one or not because I... didn't actually like this one.

I think I liked the last one because it was a different take on things but this one added new levels of complicated. I liked the development of the world with the lore of the snow queendom, but it was confusing with all the different names. I know it's rooted in real life lore, but it felt so preachy- it shoves feminism down your throat and also native rights. Now, those are VERY IMPORTANT issues but i
Taran
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I don’t know how to feel about this book. After reading the first book, I was super stoked to read the next one. But after reading it, I believe that this book just didn’t meet up with the expectations that I had for the first book. But nonetheless, it was a great read with a phenomenal plot (and twists...).
Dangermousie
Mar 07, 2020 rated it did not like it
This one is worse than the first, a true train wreck. This author is going into my small “automatic no read” pile.

She may be woke but she’s a terrible writer in terms of plot, character development, character interactions or, really, most anything.
Shelley
*Source* Library
*Genre* Young Adult / Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5

*Thoughts*

Tears of Frost, by author Bree Barton, is the second installment in the authors Heart of Thorns series. The key characters in this book are Mia Rose, Pilar d'Aqila, and Quin Killian. Mia is being hunted by her own sister Angelyne after she stopped her own heart & was brought back to life. She is numb and no longer has an emotions. She hopes that if she can find the mother who betrayed her, she might find the answers to her condit
your friendly neighborhood bibliophile (Gabi)
Page 215.

Just, just no.

I nearly DNF’ed right there.

But alas, I persisted. It didn’t get too much better.

But page, 215, man.

Page 215.

I’m actually kind of glad I read this, because this is something I’ve been wanting to rant about, but I never had the platform to do it.

Hey, Bree! Bree Barton, you grown woman, I, a fifteen year old girl, have something to tell you...

Periods are gross.

There, I said it.

Periods are disgusting.

“But they’re NATURAL!!” She says. Well, newsflash.

So is pissi
Candyce
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nikki
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, blog-tour, 2019, blog
THIS REVIEW & MORE → SYNOPSES BY SARGE

I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Compared to the last novel, this one started out action-packed! I knew from the first 100 pages that I was going to enjoy this installment better than the first (and that is rare for me!).

I think what readers will enjoy most is the parallels the novel portrays to our present. This is definitely a “girl power” novel. Note that there are some scenes containing sexual abuse that could make read
Victoria Moschou
*FULL REVIEW TO COME SOON*

More whimsical and sensuous and far more vulnerable, but at the same time honest, than Heart of Thorns.

Tears of Frost is a journey of self-knowledge and inner strength everyone should experience. It teaches us that we can’t change our history, our past, but we can always learn from it and become far better people than the ones we were yesterday.

With friends from the past, new characters to absolutely love and hate, and with characters you never thought you’d feel differ
Lisa Boyer
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Thus book was ok. I spent half of it trying to remember what happened in the first book. I don't really find the charscters all that remarkable.
Kiana
I read Heart of Thorns almost two years ago, but I remember really liking it and was excited to return to the story after the first book's cliffhanger. Unfortunately, Tears of Frost was painfully boring, unnecessarily long, and contained none of its predecessor’s charm.

I won't deny that Heart of Thorns had a generic and clunky story. However, that was offset by the genuine charm of Mia and Quin’s growing relationship—which was the primary reason why I had hope for this sequel. But this novel has
Nicole (Reading Books With Coffee)
I liked Tears Of Frost, but I didn't like it as much as the first book in the series.  I don't know if there are more books- I feel like there's probably one more- but I would keep reading just to see what happens.

I finished this book pretty recently but I've already forgotten a lot of what happened.  It was interesting to see Mia come back to life and try to find her mom.  I really felt like her mom was built up to be this amazing person and she turned out to be someone who wasn't as great as
Amy Braun
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Given its heavy subject matter throughout, this was one of the hardest books I've read this year. Yet I applaud it for its honesty, heart, and bravery. It is an important book that many young women (and young men) will relate to and hopefully help on their path to recovery. I praise Bree Barton for her courage in penning this heartbreaking tale of healing and acceptance, and finding the strength within yourself.

Considering the themes and pain at play between the characters, this book is less pl
Michelle M
Apr 30, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5/6 ***THERE WILL BE SPOILERS CUZ IDGAF, SORRY*
It has taken me 7 months to get this far. Ugh. Probably because I couldn't stand Pilar and didn't care about her at all. I've finally gotten to Mia, and while I don't condone her actions in the wake of the last book, at least its more interesting than Pilar and Quin. I won this book from a Goodreads giveaway, and it's taken me this long to re-start lol Hopefully the Pilar parts get more interesting.

Ok so that was my "review" when I picked the book
Melissa Lassiter
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
« previous 1 3 next »

• Cloak of Night (Circle of Shadows, #2)
  • The Boundless (The Beholder, #2)
  • These Divided Shores (Stream Raiders, #2)
  • Incendiary (Hollow Crown, #1)
  • The Damned (The Beautiful, #2)
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • The Sky Weaver (Iskari, #3)
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Earth's End (Air Awakens, #3)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Bone Crier's Moon (Bone Grace, #1)
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • Nameless Queen
  • The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
  • Court of Lions (Mirage, #2)
  • The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)
  • The Princess Will Save You (Kingdoms of Sand and Sky, #1)
Bree Barton is a writer in Los Angeles. When she's not lost in whimsy, she works as a ghostwriter and dance teacher to teen girls. She is on Instagram and YouTube as Speak Breely, where she posts funny videos of her melancholy dog.

Bree is not a fan of corsets.

Y O U T U B E: http://bit.ly/2gm8OPO
W E B S I T E: www.breebarton.com

Heart of Thorns (3 books)
  • Heart of Thorns (Heart of Thorns, #1)
  • Soul of Cinder (Heart of Thorns, #3)

News & Interviews