Start by marking “The Northern Lights Lodge (Romantic Escapes, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Northern Lights Lodge (Romantic Escapes, #4)

The Northern Lights Lodge

(Romantic Escapes #4)

Escape to a place unlike anywhere you’ve been before and the cosiest little lodge in Iceland for love, roaring log fires and the Northern Lights…

With a shattered heart and her career completely in tatters, Lucy needs to get away from her life in the UK. But, when she takes a job as hotel manager of the Northern Lights Lodge, she doesn’t quite expect to find herself in th

Kindle Edition
Published February 28th 2019 by HarperImpulse

To ask other readers questions about The Northern Lights Lodge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Northern Lights Lodge

Nicola
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
It’s off to Iceland for the fourth trip in Julie Caplin’s Romantic Escapes series, treating us to happiness and high jinx at The Northern Lights Lodge.

description They’re all mad, but lovely.”

Having loved Alex as a secondary character in The Little Paris Patisserie with his quick wit and laid back nature, I went into this with a mix of excitement and wariness as that book didn’t entirely work for me. But, once introduced to Lucy Smart and her quirky, loveable bunch of employees who are, at times, as ma
Lisa M
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have long been an admirer of the covers of Julie's books but this is the first I've been fortunate to read - it won't be my last.

Lucy is forced to leave her job in hotel management following an incident that leaves her relationship as well as career in pieces. She is desperate to be taken on elsewhere but finds nobody is interested without getting a reference from her previous job so she takes a leap of faith and agrees to become Hotel Manager at the failing Northern Lights Lodge in Iceland.

W
Rachel Gilbey
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I feel like I had been waiting forever for this book to finally be available, but wow it was worth the wait.

It is another excellent story from the always talented Julie Caplin, and its a story that is set in Iceland.

Makes a change to read something light hearted set in Iceland, instead of a noir book, and this is set outside Reyjavik, in a small hotel that offers Northern Light chasing trips.

This lodge also offers a lifeline to Lucy, who is struggling to get a new job after a rather unfortuna
victoria_tonks
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
A short review just now (I might expand it later if I have time). This book is the fourth part of the series but it also reads well as a standalone. This is also my 8th or 9th book by this author (a.k.a. Jules Wake) so obviously, I like her books. A lot. That being said, this one did not live up to my expectations. I am not sure if it was the characters or the plot but somehow, the book did not hold my attention. I kept skipping forward to see what was going to happen, and it took me an inordina ...more
Karen Whittard
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a really lovely, romantic book. Set in a place I would absolutely love to visit. I would love to see the Northern lights and this book just made me want to be there even more. Lovely.
Jo Shaw
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I got a notification that ‘The Northern Lights Lodge‘ by Julie Caplin was available on Netgalley, I immediately requested it. I had been introduced to the books of Julie Caplin/Jules Wake last year by a friend, and I do have lots more of her books to read on my tbr.

I loved her previous book, ‘The Little Paris Patisserie’ and I attended her book tour in November 2018 to promote that book. During the evening with Julie Caplin and Sue Moorcroft, Julie said that some of the characters fro
Tara
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adored this , this is the first Julie Caplin book I have read and now I am going to have to read the rest in the series. The characters were lovely, relatable, had real chemistry wether friends or romantic interests. The couple actually got together before the very end of the book which I loved. It’s a great feel good read.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Shirley
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely fantastic book. Wonderful characters, brilliant descriptive scenic writing. Definitely made me want to visit Iceland all the more.
Lisa
Mar 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the story and setting of this book, as I have other Julie Caplin books. As a copyeditor myself though, the typos, errors (e.g., sometimes words were changed in an edit but parts of the old version of the wording was left in there), and grammatical issues in the Kindle version really distracted from what is otherwise a very good, cozy, and fun book.
Jenn Webley
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could try and play it cool (haha Iceland, cool.. get it?!) but I can't I LOVED this. I've only just stumbled upon this series and have read the previous books in very quick succession so I was thrilled at the chance to head to Iceland on this next adventure. That being said, it works as a standalone (they all do) so you really don't need to have read any of the others. If you have - then you will recognise a few characters!

Alex is one - he's really a secondary character in The Little Paris Pat
Joanne D'Arcy
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Here I am travelling the world again with Julie Caplin. This time Iceland, somewhere I have always wanted to visit, even more so having read this book!

Lucy takes a short-term contract at The Northern Lights Lodge a hotel in Iceland. It seems the perfect place to escape the gossip about why she was sacked from her previous high-flying hotel job in Manchester. Lucy finds herself in the middle of a snowy nowhere. Nothing is within walking distance apart from snow, glaciers and on occasion the North
Denise Hale
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019, romance
I ordered this book after finishing Julie's Parisian escape. I thought it would be a treat to read in the dark months after Christmas, however, it was delayed and finally arrived in March. I'm not sure why it was delayed as I still came across some jarring typos.

I recently read an American author who stated that her early writing (for a male audience) was praised with the comment that 'you can't tell it's not a man writing'. However, her bestselling autobiography was described dismissively as '
Corey
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I chose this novel by its cover, shame on me I know. Luckily for me this book is even better than the adorable cover!

This book follows Lucy after she takes a job, the only job left for her really, at a remote hotel in Iceland. Determined to turn this temporary position into a permanent one she tries to regain her confidence and trust in others after being burned badly with her last job. While most of her new employees are willing to help her turn the Northern Lights Lodge around there's at least
Emma
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an early copy copy of this book from Netgalley in return for an honest review.
I have read the previous books in the romantic escapes series, this being book four. There were a few references to previous events, and one of the characters, Alex is one of the main characters in this book. It could easily be read as a standalone novel though.
The setting of the book is gorgeous, as is the cover, it is very enticing. Set in Iceland, at the Northern Lights Lodge, I have always wanted to see
Jane Hunt
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If your reading likes include romance, delicious food, stunning settings and believable characters, the Northern Lights Lodge is the perfect book for you. The fourth book in the #Romantic Escapes series, it tells the story of Lucy and Alex as they fall under the spell of the Northern Lights in Iceland.

Lucy’s life is not what she imagined. She’s lost her prestigious job, her reputation and her lover. She doesn’t want to work at a remote hotel in Iceland but it’s her only option. Alex is tired of
Kate Mclaughlin
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For me, this novel is my ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ huggulegt (Icelandic Hygge), it’a like hot chocolate on a snowy day, good for the soul

I have been a fan of Julie Caplin since I read The Little Café in Copenhagen, each book she releases only increased my love of her work.
I jumped into #TheNorthernLightsLodge with both feet, under the glow of my cotton ball lights I wrapped myself up in a fleece blanket, steaming mug of coffee, a chocolate or two within easy reach and didn’t move until I was at least a third of the
Sally Coles
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Lucy's life is turned upside down by being sacked from her prestigious hotel management job, after being set up by her ex boyfriend, she wants to run away as fast and as far as she can and so ends up at the Northern Lights Lodge in Iceland. She is determined to turn the hotel around and make it successful again without any distractions........ but will Alex the gorgeous Scottish barman allow her to do that!

A lovely warm cosy book that draws you in from the first pages, the characters are a
Nicola Short
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fun, quirky read.....nice romantic book. This is my first Julie Caplin book and won’t be my last. Lots of interesting information about Iceland and the Northern Lights.
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the description of the characters, described in a way I could actually visualize what they looked like and how they acted.
There are lots of humorous aspects to this story which made it a fun, enjoyable, laugh out loud read.
Many thanks to NetGallery, the publisher and author for the opportuni
Carol Steel
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Sadly. It should have been more stars

The story was well crafted, and it should have been a good read. But it seemed as if they neglected to use a proof reader. I was pulled back to reality by the far too numerous misspellings and punctuation errors. I find it extremely difficult to stay engaged in a story when I’m constantly aware of errors. From “One upon a time,” a few pages in, it seemed as if every fifth page had an error.
So, 4 for Julie Caplan’s storytelling and 0 for presentation.
Barbara Tobey
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Feel as if I have been to Iceland without having to actually experience the cold. Would love to see the Northern Lights. I especially enjoyed the adventure on the glacier, as I have been on one and fallen. A charming love story. An interesting look behind the scenes of hotel management. My first book by Julie Caplin, but I certainly look forward to reading more. Thanks to the publisher for providing a copy via NetGalley.
Megan
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
This whole series is Fabulous. Every book has made me want to travel to the destination and also spend ages researching that they go cause I’m so jealous of the characters (is that just me or does anyone else do that too) I love the use of Icelandic words in the book and the meanings getting described and how fast Lucy comes up with solutions to the Huldufolk.
Please tell me there’s more to this series

Xx
Annarella
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good, entertaining, and enjoyable book that will make you wish you were in Iceland.
I loved the fascinating setting as much as I liked the characters and the plot.
The style of writing was good and the characters fleshed out.
It was a very good reading experience and I look forward to reading other books by this author.
Recommended!
Many thanks to HarperImpulse and Netgalley for this ARC. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book, all opinions are mine.
Sandy
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous installment

This is the newest installment of the travelogue and romance combination. Lucy is a great heroine ,plucky and courageous in the face of personal and professional traumas. Alex is a dream hero. The writer create a wonderful cast of supporting characters and they also visit some of the best of Iceland. Lovely.
Judith
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an adventure!

I’m almost convinced that a trip to Iceland would be great fun! Reading this has been an adventure in itself. The author’s powers of description are incredible. Hop on an have a wonderful time!!!!
Linda Lassman
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy this series so much! I love that each book takes place somewhere else and that Caplin really gives a feel for the people, the culture, and the location. As with all her other books, the characters are engaging and I really liked getting to know them. I can't wait until the next book!
Þóranna Ólafsdóttir
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my second book that I read after this author. I’m from Iceland and I was curious to read a story that happens in my country. I new the area where the story was happening. The author did get good descriptions about the culture and country. I liked the story and would recommend it.
Megan Walters
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. Such a fun read that takes you to a different country in every book.
Susan Wilson
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed the 4th in this series. Off to Iceland this time. Nice easy read that makes me want to visit Iceland. Looking forward to number 5 already.
Tennessee
Apr 19, 2019 rated it liked it
It's not going to change the world BUT it made me smile from start to finish... What's better than that?
Laura Hanna-White
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super cute and fun holiday read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

Romantic Escapes (5 books)
  • The Little Café in Copenhagen (Romantic Escapes, #1)
  • The Little Brooklyn Bakery (Romantic Escapes, #2)
  • The Little Paris Patisserie (Romantic Escapes, #3)
  • The Secret Cove in Croatia (Romantic Escapes, Book 5)