Start by marking “The Northern Lights Lodge (Romantic Escapes, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Northern Lights Lodge (Romantic Escapes, #4)

The Northern Lights Lodge

(Romantic Escapes #4)

Escape to the cosiest little lodge in Iceland for love, log fires and the Northern Lights…

With a shattered heart and her career completely in tatters, Lucy needs to get away from her life in the UK. But, when she takes a job as hotel manager of the Northern Lights Lodge, she doesn’t quite expect to find herself in a land of bubbling hot springs and snowflake-dusted gla

Published February 28th 2019 by HarperImpulse

To ask other readers questions about The Northern Lights Lodge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Northern Lights Lodge

Start your review of The Northern Lights Lodge (Romantic Escapes, #4)
Hannah
I had high hopes for #4 in this set of brilliant books. That was due to Alex (met in #3 as a side character now the lead man himself) I loved the scotsman in that and grew to love him even more in this one.

The leading lady of this story Lucy who his hiding from videos and TV crews alike. I'm pleased she feels able to share her stories among Alex and friends.Her and Alex are so alike and so suited. A feel real love story I could have kicked Alex for not telling her his story sooner (I did underst
Claire Robinson
Jun 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
2.5 - Zzzzzzzzzzzz Stars.

I loved the first two books from this series, book three was a struggle, but this one.... Well it starts with slow development, moves on with cheesy plot bunnies, and is rounded out with a plethora of one-dimensional characters...

Shame really as Alex was the only real redeeming character of the previous book, but he was lost in this one for the most part.

Not sure I'll read the next book now, seeing as we are now at 2 duds in a row. :/
Lisa M
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have long been an admirer of the covers of Julie's books but this is the first I've been fortunate to read - it won't be my last.

Lucy is forced to leave her job in hotel management following an incident that leaves her relationship as well as career in pieces. She is desperate to be taken on elsewhere but finds nobody is interested without getting a reference from her previous job so she takes a leap of faith and agrees to become Hotel Manager at the failing Northern Lights Lodge in Iceland.

W
Jo Shaw
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I got a notification that ‘The Northern Lights Lodge‘ by Julie Caplin was available on Netgalley, I immediately requested it. I had been introduced to the books of Julie Caplin/Jules Wake last year by a friend, and I do have lots more of her books to read on my tbr.

I loved her previous book, ‘The Little Paris Patisserie’ and I attended her book tour in November 2018 to promote that book. During the evening with Julie Caplin and Sue Moorcroft, Julie said that some of the characters fro
Nicola Clough
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simply fantastic book I loved it from the first page and the characters are excellent you are hooked straight away. Full of adventure and romance and friendship and proving yourself and showing you are good at your job. I love the different countries that Julie writes about with each book and this didn't disappoint at all.
Lucy has lost her job and her boyfriend and is really struggling to get another job but when she's offered one as hotel manager in Norway she takes it as it means she will get
Rachel Gilbey
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I feel like I had been waiting forever for this book to finally be available, but wow it was worth the wait.

It is another excellent story from the always talented Julie Caplin, and its a story that is set in Iceland.

Makes a change to read something light hearted set in Iceland, instead of a noir book, and this is set outside Reyjavik, in a small hotel that offers Northern Light chasing trips.

This lodge also offers a lifeline to Lucy, who is struggling to get a new job after a rather unfortuna
Karen Whittard
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a really lovely, romantic book. Set in a place I would absolutely love to visit. I would love to see the Northern lights and this book just made me want to be there even more. Lovely.
victoria_tonks
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
A short review just now (I might expand it later if I have time). This book is the fourth part of the series but it also reads well as a standalone. This is also my 8th or 9th book by this author (a.k.a. Jules Wake) so obviously, I like her books. A lot. That being said, this one did not live up to my expectations. I am not sure if it was the characters or the plot but somehow, the book did not hold my attention. I kept skipping forward to see what was going to happen, and it took me an inordina ...more
Kim
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019

I was totally drawn into this book and enjoyed exploring Iceland alongside the characters.
Lucy recently lost her job and accepts a temporary management position in a hotel in Iceland that offers Northern Lights experiences. She needs to increase her chances of gaining future employment after a harrowing time at her last company. Her arrival at the hotel made me smile!
She is determined to turn the hotel around, despite some Icelandic folklore seeming to hamper her endeavours. I love the way she
Julia
May 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This cozy romance is set in a lodge in Iceland. I won't lie, I struggled with the book quite a lot. I hope all my issues are based on the fact that I read a review copy and not the finished book.

Lucy, the female MC, lost her job in a five-star hotel in Manchester. Due to her unwanted internet fame she has had a hard time finding a job and when she is offered a part time contract as a manager of a lodge hotel in Iceland she sees it as punishment --- honestly, I would cut off my left arm for a tw
Isabella May
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Superb

I may only have spent a day in Iceland but from the sights I immersed myself in, I can vouch that the author has done a wonderful job of delineating the rugged beauty of its landscape on the page. I love a unique romcom. And Lucy and Alex's story doesn't fail to deliver. We have the quintessential beguiling and extensive Caplin vocab - something not every author in this genre can offer... and then we have a stellar plotline of Viking proportions. All of which produces a truly unforgettable
Hattie
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This cosy, romantic book is something straight out of a winter wonderland fairytale! The setting is to die for and one immediately falls in love with the wonderful characters!! The whole thing is one, sweet, romantic tale of self-discovery, new friendships...and true love!!!
Eve beinguniquebooks
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Lucy leaves Bath and moves to Iceland to run the Northern Lights Lodge she meets Alex a Scot from Paris who's secretly there not as a bartender but to see for his friend if the hotel is worth buying.

Whilst the pair grow close and have many moments they are also faced with a whole TV crew films by an off the wall hotel documentary only one of the guys soon remembers Lucy...

As Lucy tries to hide a viral video from her old hotel job with slimy boring ex Chris unlike the electric chemistry she
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
I adored this , this is the first Julie Caplin book I have read and now I am going to have to read the rest in the series. The characters were lovely, relatable, had real chemistry wether friends or romantic interests. The couple actually got together before the very end of the book which I loved. It’s a great feel good read.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Lisa Whittaker
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved the fourth book in this series. It was the perfect book to pick up after almost two months of not reading.

Julie’s books always make me want to visit the places they are set! Brooklyn, Denmark, France and now Iceland!

I loved all of the characters apart from the sleazy tv crew! Alex was just dreamy and I remember his character from The Little Paris Patisserie. I think a trip to Croatia is next on the list as that’s where the next book is set!

A 🌟 🌟 🌟🌟🌟 read from me.
Shirley
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely fantastic book. Wonderful characters, brilliant descriptive scenic writing. Definitely made me want to visit Iceland all the more.
Pattie
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent...great fun...highly recommend xx
Lisa
Mar 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the story and setting of this book, as I have other Julie Caplin books. As a copyeditor myself though, the typos, errors (e.g., sometimes words were changed in an edit but parts of the old version of the wording was left in there), and grammatical issues in the Kindle version really distracted from what is otherwise a very good, cozy, and fun book.
Jenn Webley
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could try and play it cool (haha Iceland, cool.. get it?!) but I can't I LOVED this. I've only just stumbled upon this series and have read the previous books in very quick succession so I was thrilled at the chance to head to Iceland on this next adventure. That being said, it works as a standalone (they all do) so you really don't need to have read any of the others. If you have - then you will recognise a few characters!

Alex is one - he's really a secondary character in The Little Paris Pat
Lynn McCrum
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first of Julie Caplin‘ s books where I didn’t ‘gel’ with the main characters straight away - in fact, I might go as far as to say I didn’t like Lucy at the start. However, as I got more embroiled in the story I loved all the people in the Northern Lights Lodge (well maybe not Clive and Bob) and was sad to see it end.

Lucy is desperate - she thought she had it all, a fantastic job and a great boyfriend but it’s all been whipped away from under her feet and now she is single, homeless
Gemma Hawthorn
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow I absolutely loved this book and was gutted when I finished it!
The book tells the story of Lucy, smart by name and smart by nature. She’s recently been fired from her job after an unfortunate mishap at work involving her manipulative boyfriend.
Keen to make a fresh start and with the only job she can get being in Iceland she sets off unaware of what awaits her.
What does await her is a magical environment (quite literally), beautiful friendships and her true love! With a few bumps along the
Petra Quelch
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my...what a hug of a book! I am absolutely smitten with Julie Caplin books. They are so full of warmth and fuzziness that I just want to crawl right inside the story.
The Northern Lights Lodge ticks every box of a perfect read that will without a doubt lift your mood and make you want to pack your bag and head off to the set destination the next day.
The characters are so lovable and engaging and the setting is most probably high on your wish list.
I can’t wait for another dose of Julie Capli
Anitajt
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
All the characters in this book were so good, Lucy and Alex were just great together. The author has the essence of who her characters are and portrays them well. From the beautiful descriptions, I really want to go to Iceland as long as I find a hotel like the one I read about. Love, humour an food what else do you need
Thank you to Netgalley, the publisher and the author for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review
Kelly
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic, feel good, hygge imbibed read. The setting is amazing and the story itself has structure and intrigue, unfolding like a big snuggly blanket around you. I’ve read the series so far and this one definitely doesn’t disappoint. The whole cast of new characters were a joy to get to know and I hope the feature in future books.

Cheryl Basile
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have a new favorite author. Her name is Julie Caplin!

I read Caplin’s book “The Little Paris Patisserie” several months ago. After her vivid descriptions of macarons, I found myself searching all the bakeries in my area so I could try one. I’ve even made it my 2019 goal to learn to make the perfect macaron. Maybe I’ll have to find a course in Paris so I can visit some of the places she mentions in the book.

I just finished reading another one of Caplin’s books in her “City Bakes” series: “The No
Debbie Southwell
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the fourth book in the series of Romantic Escapes by Julie that I have read and so very pleased to say it was in the same wonderful league as the others, so good in fact that I finished it over four nights, staying awake later than I should just to ‘read one more chapter’.
This story is based in Iceland, where Lucy has taken up a job as General Manager of the Northern Lights Lodge as she was struggling to get a job in England due to being dismissed from her previous job.
Alex is there work
Joanne D'Arcy
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Here I am travelling the world again with Julie Caplin. This time Iceland, somewhere I have always wanted to visit, even more so having read this book!

Lucy takes a short-term contract at The Northern Lights Lodge a hotel in Iceland. It seems the perfect place to escape the gossip about why she was sacked from her previous high-flying hotel job in Manchester. Lucy finds herself in the middle of a snowy nowhere. Nothing is within walking distance apart from snow, glaciers and on occasion the North
Denise Hale
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019, romance
I ordered this book after finishing Julie's Parisian escape. I thought it would be a treat to read in the dark months after Christmas, however, it was delayed and finally arrived in March. I'm not sure why it was delayed as I still came across some jarring typos.

I recently read an American author who stated that her early writing (for a male audience) was praised with the comment that 'you can't tell it's not a man writing'. However, her bestselling autobiography was described dismissively as '
Corey
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I chose this novel by its cover, shame on me I know. Luckily for me this book is even better than the adorable cover!

This book follows Lucy after she takes a job, the only job left for her really, at a remote hotel in Iceland. Determined to turn this temporary position into a permanent one she tries to regain her confidence and trust in others after being burned badly with her last job. While most of her new employees are willing to help her turn the Northern Lights Lodge around there's at least
Maria Raymund
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a cute cosy read. I was drawn to it because it featured the northern lights. I love stories set in Alaska and wanted to try one set in Iceland. The story takes place in Iceland. Lucy, a capable London hotel manager, has to take a job at a lodge in Iceland after a scandal that went viral on YouTube. She takes over the management of the Northern Lights lodge and has to turn around the place after it has been mismanaged by a procession of previous managers. Added to that, is the mystery of ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Escape to the Little French Café
  • The Little Guesthouse of New Beginnings
  • Spring Skies Over Bluebell Castle (Bluebell Castle #1)
  • Wedding Bells at Villa Limoncello (Tuscan Trilogy #1)
  • Summer on a Sunny Island
  • Summer at the Little French Cafe: The perfect laugh out loud romance for summer
  • The Christmas Wish List
  • A Wedding at the Comfort Food Cafe (Comfort Food Cafe, #6)
  • The Mill on Magnolia Lane
  • Escape to the Riviera
  • A Perfect Cornish Summer (Porthmellow Harbour #1)
  • Sunrise over Sapphire Bay
  • Notting Hill in the Snow
  • A Perfect Cornish Escape
  • From Italy With Love
  • From Rome with Love
  • A Perfect Cornish Christmas
  • One Winter Morning
Julie Caplin is addicted to travel and good food. She’s on a constant hunt for the perfect gin and is obsessively picky about glasses, tonic and garnishes. Between regular gin tastings, she’s been writing her debut novel which is set in just one of the many cities she’s explored over the years.

Formerly a PR director, for many years she swanned around Europe taking top food and drink writers on pre

Romantic Escapes (6 books)
  • The Little Café in Copenhagen (Romantic Escapes, #1)
  • The Little Brooklyn Bakery (Romantic Escapes, #2)
  • The Little Paris Patisserie (Romantic Escapes, #3)
  • The Secret Cove in Croatia  (Romantic Escapes, Book 5)
  • The Little Teashop in Tokyo (Romantic Escapes, #6)