Start by marking “Queer Eye: Love Yourself. Love Your Life.” as Want to Read:
Queer Eye: Love Yourself. Love Your Life.

Queer Eye: Love Yourself. Love Your Life.

From the Fab Five—the beloved hosts of Netflix's viral hit Queer Eye—comes a book that is at once a behind-the-scenes exclusive, a practical guide to living and celebrating your best life, and a symbol of hope.
Feeling your best is about far more than deciding what color to paint your accent wall or how to apply nightly moisturizer. It's also about creating a life that's we
Published November 13th 2018 by Potter/Ten

To ask other readers questions about Queer Eye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queer Eye

Mel
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
So the thing about this book is its really not my thing. I read it for the boys, more than the content.

I enjoyed learning about their lives and things they do in a day to prepare themselves. It was all pretty interesting, and I learned some new things.

However I just don’t feel like books like this are for me. I didn’t see the purpose, and generally see these as money grabs more than anything else.

However I enjoyed it, and it makes a nice coffee table book.
Lorilin
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fun book! I love watching the revamped version of Queer Eye on Netflix. Every single one of these men brings their own special personality to the table, and the show is so entertaining because of it. I expected a lot from this book, and it delivered.

The book is divided into two sections. The first half gives the personal backstories of each guy (which is fascinating. My goodness, they sure have been through some things...). The second half talks more about each of their "specialty areas"
Petra
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Update: This is a cute little companion book to help you deal with your Queer Eye withdrawal symptoms. You get a few chapters on each of the Fab 5 and their backgrounds which was the most interesting part for me. You also get some really helpful tips ( I specially liked Jonathan's chapters)
The only reason I didn't give this book a 5 star rating is because I skimmed a little at the end. Still I would recommend it if you are (like me) have a somewhat unhealthy obsession with the show :)

Oh my god I
Melissa
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-read-books
November 23, 2018
5 out of 5 stars

I loved this! Each of the Fab 5 gave little introductions about themselves and tips on how to live your best life from beauty/cosmetics/hair, fashion, culture/how to achieve your goals, interior design and food (including recipes). The tips are very helpful for both women and men of all ages.
If you love Queer Eye on Netflix and have always wanted to glam up your life a little then I'm sure you can find some tips and guidance in this book (I know I did).

July 31,2
The Nerd Daily
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Jayse Smith

This book opens with an image of five handsome men beaming with happiness, confidence, style and love. It’s safe to say the FAB5 are exactly that…F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S!! The words above are used to describe the picture on the dedication page, and these are the themes which are woven throughout the new lifestyle book—Queer Eye: Love Yourself. Love Your Life. The entire book is filled with explosions of colour, gorgeous photography, and chock
orangerful
I feel like, for a book that is a tie-in to a tv series, this is a 5 star book. Honestly, I wanted MORE about the making of the show and less of the advice, but the whole thing is worth it for Karamo's chapter which I think I might photocopy and hang over my desk to start 2019 off right.

If you are a fan of the show, you will love it. Not sure if it will appeal to anyone else not familiar with the Fab Five and their hijinks.
Kara
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This is my favorite show. It’s heartwarming and wholesome, and it just makes me feel happy and inspired. The book’s a little light on content, but it’s still lovely, and it did help ease the withdrawal now that we’re between seasons.
mytaakeonit
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love these boys and I love this book. The. End.
Catherine
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Feels like I had my own personal episode of Queer Eye. Yes, honey!!
Julie Akeman
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So lucky that this book came into my library. My coworker in charge of getting the books registered got it all ready and checked out to me. I don't often ask to do that, I just put my name down on the book on a post it but she went ahead and got it in for me. These fine fab gay guys make me very happy. I have been watching their episodes over and over again because this has been a hard year for me and it's still not over yet. I love the recipes and the lessons on style and decorating and communi ...more
Julie
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This is a fun read for fans of the show, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, which my son introduced me to earlier this year. It was interesting to read the back stories of the presenters and there were many great photographs. I didn't care for some of the neon colored graphics, and black and white cross-hatched pages, which I found a bit eye boggling!
Gerhard
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is hard to believe that the original Queer Eye for the Straight Guy sashayed onto our TV screens more than 15 years ago. With the Fab Five supremely confident in their inner diva-sanctioned mission to unlock the ‘queerness’ within everyone, the unabashedly confident and flamboyant show (well, for straight people anyway) ended up as a cultural phenomenon.

It’s astonishing to read in this book that “the word ‘queer’ was considered way too risqué for a TV show title in the 2000s”, but the produce
Trin
This book doesn't quite know what it wants to or is trying to be (besides a quick money-grab). It's a random mishmash of advice, photos, and stories -- the last being what I really want; I guess I'll have to read the guys' own books for that. But it's positive and sweet, there's at least one recipe I actually want to try, and I was just on a bus for over five hours, so I appreciate these nice boys keeping me company for part of it.
Nic
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
Sweet, upbeat, and positive. If you watch the show, you might enjoy learning a little about the stars' backgrounds. Most of the other content, to me, read very much like women's magazine articles on things like skin care, home decor, and otherwise living your best life. (Maybe not a surprise, given that the book was written with Monica Corcoran Harel, whose other writing credits include the magazine Marie Claire.) I'm giving it five stars because I love the show and I appreciate the book's relen ...more
Clarissa
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Fab Five wrote a book! Can you believe?!
carola
First book of 2019 is done and I loved it, mainly because it‘s just about the fab 5 which I absolutely adore!!
Rebecca
Nov 27, 2018 marked it as to-read
I recently watched some of the new Netflix reboot of Queer Eye, and found myself googling the stars' backgrounds. Now there is a book for dorks like me!
Shayna Ross
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Let's start with the obvious point here. It is best to watch Queer Eye on Netflix to get the full effect of what the book is bringing to you, which is two points - one, this book contain tons of self-help and self-care tips and ideas on being a better version of yourself and two, the five men making these points each have bold personalities that can only been felt during the show. Bonus points if you are also following them on social media.

Assuming that you have (or maybe you didn't like when I
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Much as I hate to say it, I was not a fan of this. It might be better in a print format, perhaps, but the audio was definitely underwhelming, much as I enjoy these guys and their voices.

The issue here is that there's very little actual content to this book. It's like a bunch of random snippets of the show have been sewn together into a whole that isn't particularly coherent. One hour is spent on very brief, high level intros from each member of the fab five, and then the remaining three hours ar
Chelsea
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Listening to the audio book version, which I absolutely love because I get to hear the guys talking in their own voices! However, I do think I'd like the print version for the recipes for JVN's DIY face and hair masks. There are also some little gem quotes in here that I'd like to highlight.
Cheska the Great is Not Okay
My hard copy doesn't arrive for another week (thanks a lot, Booktopia--never again), but before I even realised that, I found out that the audiobook is going to be narrated by the Fab Five themselves. Holy shit! I knew I had to get my hands on the audiobook as well. I literally signed up for Audible just for this very reason and chose this as my first audiobook, which is free. I didn't plan on listening to this until after I've read the hard copy, but I got impatient so I decided, screw it.

This
Lindsey
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The audiobook is read by the QE guys, so it's a treat. Pretty fast, feel-good read. I loved that each of them delved deeper into their backstories than what they've shared on the show. Each expert also has a dedicated section where they share their advice. If you're a fan of the show, it's definitely worth checking out.
Sharon Mogg
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Karamo Brown is my idol. This was a really fun and refreshing book to read about such a diverse group of men, each with such a strong morale. There was an overarching theme of “You do you” while reminding us how important it is to stay grounded, remain respectful and keep an open mind.
William G
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just good, clean fun. Full of "inspo" for improving yourself.
Daisy Gonzalez
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I can’t believe this is the first book I’ve read in 2019...I’m seriously slacking this year already😭
Krista
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was just a delight. I’ve watched the show and each persons section reads with their voice. It is personal, helpful, and an enjoyable read. It has tips and tricks on subjects ranging from beauty to designing a space to goal setting and even cooking. It was a delight and pretty much furthered my love for these guys.
Chelsea
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ugh I love these guys. I listened to the audio version of this book and each of the fab5 read their parts of the book. It truly felt like sitting down for coffee with friends while they chatted about their area of expertise. Not everything in the book was relevant to me but overall it was great. The book is full of great tips and advice for various aspects of our life.
Katrine Austin
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was a nice fluffy read, but some what didn't meet my high expectations after loving the TV show with this group. I guess I was hoping more for an autobiographical deep dive into the Fab 5, and instead I got a superficial one and then half of book of "life recipes" that I'm quite frankly just beyond. I'm not going to start staging massive dinner parties at this stage of my life just to keep up with the Joneses, nor am I going to start branding my fashion style as a thing (as two example ...more
Samantha
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fun look at the show and a few ideas to make your life better.
Eef
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book very much. It was like the Fab 5 came to my house to do a "make-better".

It was also in a way comforting for me to read about Jonathan's body image issues and that he is still struggling with them while being so confident at the same time. He is struggling with the same things and he also writes how to change this.

I also loved reading about their back story and just seeing the writing style change a little with every Fab 5 member. You read everything in their voice, because it is
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Redeeming the Dream: The Case for Marriage Equality
  • The Art of Big Hero 6
  • The Making of Life of Pi: A Film, a Journey
  • The Beauty Detox Power: Nourish Your Mind and Body for Weight Loss and Discover True Joy
  • Literary Landscapes: Charting the Worlds of Classic Literature
  • Have a Little Pun: An Illustrated Play on Words
  • You Are Not a Rock: A Step-by-Step Guide to Better Mental Health (for Humans)
  • Stranger Things: Worlds Turned Upside Down: The Official Behind-the-Scenes Companion
  • Compost City: Practical Composting Know-How for Small-Space Living
  • Son of a Critch: A Childish Newfoundland Memoir
  • The Walking Dead Chronicles
  • Baby ER: The Heroic Doctors and Nurses Who Perform Medicine's Tiniest Miracles
  • The Mindful Path through Shyness: How Mindfulness and Compassion Can Help Free You from Social Anxiety, Fear, and Avoidance
  • The Cut Flower Garden
  • Because Internet: Understanding the New Rules of Language
  • 101 Letters to a Prime Minister: The Complete Letters to Stephen Harper
  • The Minimalist Kitchen: 100 Wholesome Recipes, Essential Tools, and Efficient Techniques
  • Show Trans
Antoni Porowski is a Polish-Canadian Emmy award winning reality tv personality, actor, chef and model. He is known for his role as the food and wine expert in the Netflix series Queer Eye.
“I just wanna be fit and have good blood pressure and feel good with my clothes off and I do. I love my body but I think that there’s always a part of me that wishes I looked more like Antoni or like an underwear model. But then again, I still really love to binge eat at McDonald’s at night, so...you know.” 0 likes
“But still, I struggle with body images and then struggle with the fact that I’m still struggling with them — enough already!” 0 likes