Start by marking “Perfect Girls (Detective Rachel Prince #3)” as Want to Read:
Perfect Girls (Detective Rachel Prince #3)

Perfect Girls

(Detective Rachel Prince #3)

Phoebe. Tiffany. Melissa. They all made one little mistake...

When twenty-five-year-old Phoebe Stiles opens the door to her perfect apartment she doesn’t realise it’s the mistake that will kill her…

The body of the beautiful English girl is discovered months later - dumped behind the back of a department store. But who was the stranger she let into the safety of her home?

As Detective Rache
Published September 18th 2018 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Girls

Berit☀️✨
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Somebody is killing off all the “perfect“ blondes!!!

This is the third book in the DI Rachel Prince series... Rachel is an international liaison officer, this time the job takes her to Los Angeles.... ironically part of my love for the series is that it is set in the UK, but this time I found Rachel on my doorstep! Not that I did not thoroughly enjoy this book, it was quite fun watching Rachel outsmart the entire LAPD....

When the body of phoebe, a British citizen, is disco
Liz
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Rachel Prince isn’t your normal detective. She’s affiliated with the National Crime Agency, international Liaisons. She gets a call and next thing, she’s flying to L.A. to help with a dead girl from London found in a dumpster.

I’ve enjoyed the prior two books and this one kept up the momentum. The book moves quickly as Rachel finds links the LA police have missed. We also hear from the killer, who finds the victims through a home renting app called Casa Mia. While Rachel is still
Helga
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5

Pretty. Spoilt. Popular. Self-absorbed. Entitled.
These are the characteristics that define the victims in this suspenseful and gripping crime/thriller.
This time Rachel Prince travels to Los Angeles to help the LAPD investigate the murder of a British citizen. Every evidence points to the victim’s boyfriend being the culprit, but Rachel’s instincts say otherwise. After some diggings and questionings, she finds another victim killed in the same way as the first one.
Dete
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: It's all so easy. The website had promised 'a super-slick check-in process', and it is.

A message with the address and directions arrives twenty-four hours in advance, and another suggests an arrival time, stressing that this is negotiable. On the day, there's a quick hello, a mention of a couple of important things to remember, handover of a printed list of instructions and a set of keys, rounded off with wishes for a pleasant stay and the promise of help being at the end of the phone.
Brenda
When Detective Rachel Prince received the call in her home town of London, she was quite excited to be heading to the US to help with the apprehension of the killer of Phoebe Stiles, a young English girl who had ventured to Hollywood to make her name in the acting world. Phoebe had been dead for some weeks, it had been ascertained – but then another young woman’s body was found. Rachel was positive there was a serial killer; her gut instincts were rarely wrong. But when the LAPD arrested a perso ...more
sue
After reading the other two books in the series I had promised to get to this one. Never did, but now that life has calmed down I’m able to read some past books on my TBR list. This is one of them.

Thoroughly enjoyed book 1 and 2. This one was also enjoyable and fast off the mark, kept a steady pace throughout.

Loved the use of Ann App in this that involved the plot being quite interesting and up to date.

Blondes going missing.

I’ll not say much about
Mandy White
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
Book 3 in the Detective Rachel Prince series and it just keep getting better. Rachel is stronger, more stubborn and determined to solve the case. Rachel is one of my favourite characters going around at the moment and it was such a joy to read this book. She is well respected, smart and loyal - what's not to like!

There is a change of scene for this book with Rachel travelling to Hollywood to investigate the murder of an English girl, Phoebe Stiles. She is found dead, her body dumped.
Holly
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, 2018
I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed this book! I haven't read the first two books in the series but I never felt lost. I will definitely be checking those books out though. I liked Rachel Prince, she seemed "normal". She didn't have any baggage (at least, as far as I know), she wasn't a bitch, she was smart, and stayed out of trouble. She is sent to California because one of the victims is British. However, the L.A. police wrap up the investigation quickly because they aren't too bothe ...more
Michelle
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Girls is another brilliant instalment in the Detective Rachel Series. I have now read all three and they seem to get better and better.
Detective Rachel works at the National Crime Agency with a great team of police, military and Civilian personnel, including her partner DS Mark Brickall. This time, a case has come in from L.A. involving a British Women Phoebe Stiles. Her body was found dumped in the back of a department store. So Rachel agrees to goes to L.A. to find out who killed
Lou
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Perfect Girls' is the third book to feature DI Rachel Prince from the National Crime Agency. With the author being a paralegal there is a feeling of authenticity to her novels, and James's ability to weave a complex, gripping and tension-filled story is evident here. As with all series, I feel it's of great benefit to have read the preceding books beforehand, if only to see the development of the investigators. Nevertheless, it works perfectly as a standalone, too.

One of my favourit
Denise
Sep 04, 2018 added it
"Pretty. Spoilt. Popular. Self-absorbed. Entitled." DEAD

DI Rachel Prince, an international liaison investigator for the UK National Crime Agency, is off to the USA in what will prove to be one of the most challenging cases of her career. Alone and without support from her partner, DS Mark Brickall, she is sent to find details about a murdered UK woman whose body was found rotting in a dumpster at the back of a Macy's store in LA. Phoebe Stiles, 25-years-old, had been dead for quite s
Elaine Tomasso
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Bookouture for an advance copy of Perfect Girls, the third novel to feature DI Rachel Prince of the National Crime Agency.

When the body of soap actress Phoebe Stiles is found rotting in a dumpster Rachel is asked to fly to Los Angeles to assist with family liaison. Her limited role doesn't stop her doing some investigation of her own and what she discovers runs far deeper than anyone imagined because Phoebe is not the only victim.

I thor
Els
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Be careful who you let into your home ...

I have read the previous book as well and this one was as gripping and entertaining.

With some books you need some time to get dragged into the story, others pull you in from the very beginning. This story definitely deserves a place in the latter group.

It's fluently written and fast paced. The short chapters make you keep on reading one more, and one more, and ... even though you really should have stopped to do other (read boring) things li
J_Mc 251
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a cracking good crime thriller! The third in the Detective Rachel Prince series, it’s the first one I’ve read, and I will definitely be going back to read the first two. Det. Prince is a flawed heroine; she apparently has a tendency to think romantically about people she works with (according to references to previous events), tends to be obsessive, and seems off-balance in some of her familial relationships. All of this makes her more human, and not the usual “superhero cop” who solves ...more
Kat Dietrich
Perfect Girls by Alison James is the 3rd in the Detective Rachel Prince Series.

First, let me thank NetGalley, the publisher Bookouture, and of course the author, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Series Background (Warning – May contain spoilers from previous books):
DI Rachel Prince is a Detective with the NCA (National Crime Agency), which includes Interpol, so she is often sent to other countries to
Robin Loves Reading
Please see my other reviews on my blog at www.robinlovesreading.blogspot.com.

My Rating: 4.5 Stars

Why are young, beautiful women dying? What do they all have in common? It starts with twenty-five-year-old Phoebe Stiles. Little did she know that simply opening her apartment door would result in the end of her life. Phoebe is an English woman living in LA and Detective Rachel Prince of London has gone overseas to work the crime. This case proves to be extremely dangerous to Rachel for many reasons. While Rachel
Joyce
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

DI Rachel Prince works at the National Crime Agency> The NCA is peopled by a cutting edge team of police, military and civilian personnel. Her partner is DS Mark Brickall. Rachel’s team is also a part of Interpol and they get sent all over the world to investigate crime.

She receives the message that there was a murder of a British national in California and they request her assistance. She leaves Mark behind, much to his chagrin. When she gets there, the pathologist says t
Mark
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Rachel’s back!!!!
Prob my fav Detective in a series, I love her attitude and the way she tackles cases ‘head on’ and never lets anything stop her until the case is solved, shes quirky, determined and not always a follower of rules...
Nothings changed in this book, thankfully, as she works between London and various American states as someone is taking out short sub lets on homes ( think Air BNB ) BUT the original owner is ‘disposed of’.....one of these owners is a UK citizen trying to
Julie Lacey
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a gripping crime thriller and I really enjoyed it.
Rachel is asked to go out to America as a British girl has been murdered out there.
She starts helping with the investigation but soon it gets under her skin and she doesn’t want to leave. The detective in charge makes an arrest so she’s told to return home, but she knows he’s not got the real killer.
Rachel keeps in touch with the investigation and soon takes holiday so she can go back out there and continue her investigation.
Time is t
Sheila
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was delighted to receive the third book in the DI Rachel Prince series given I have read the other two books in the series. Rachel is in the NCA (the serious organised crime unit) and when a British National Phoebe Stiles, an aspiring actress is found in a dumpster in the USA Rachel has to liaise with Interpol and heads out to LA. Rachel is unconvinced that the man they have arrested is the perpetrator. It sits badly with her. Is it a random killing or the work of an opportunist? Although Rach ...more
Joann
I've enjoyed this series so far. I don't know if this is the last book in this series or not, but I would read another one if it crops up. I enjoy Rachel Prince and this book was extra good because Rachel was all over the U.S. and I enjoyed the descriptions of Hollywood and also San Francisco since I've not been to the West Coast. Another great read by this author.
Alison
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve said it before but just to reiterate, you know when it’s a Bookouture book you are going to be in for a treat whatever genre you pick. Well I like my books quite dark and gritty with a certain edge to them which means your fingers will only be capable of turning the pages, nothing else exists until you get to the end.

Perfect Girls is one of those books! Oh boy, this author slings the rope, pulls it tight and reels you in, this is a fast paced story. Detective Rachel Prince is ca
Debbie
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I could NOT put this book down for a single second without thinking about the mystery and what would happen next. I am so hooked on the detective Rachel Prince in this novel, I quickly went to buy the first two ebooks to read about more of her case work. The storyline, mystery and characters in this story just captivated me completely from beginning to end.

The
Mary Thomas
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley for my copy.

Rachel is back and is sent to the US to investigate the death of a beautiful British wannabe actress. Whilst there she soon realizes there is another very similar crime. However the local police arrest the boyfriend convinced they have their killer.

Rachel returns home but is obsessed with the case and takes some personal leave and at her own expense flies back out to work on the case. This is where I had a problem with the unrealistic aspec
Debbie
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The
Jennifer Oslowski
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5 stars! I am SO enjoying this series with DI Rachel Prince and Brickall!!! I love the banter between them!

Young, pretty women are being murdered and DI Rachel Prince is obsessed in trying to find the connection and stop this killer before another young girl is killed!

Perfect Girls is the third book in the series and I admit I skipped book 2 because it looked so good and I just couldn't wait. I am making sure to go back and read number 2 now. The story probably could
Sharon George
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have thoroughly enjoyed this series!
Pgchuis
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, netgalley
I received a copy of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley.

In this, the third instalment, Rachel is sent to the US to liaise with Interpol there concerning the murder of a UK citizen. Despite her US Interpol colleague telling her from the word go that there is a similar murder of a US citizen in another city, Rachel is the only person championing and chasing up the serial killer angle. This she does without any jurisdiction, at personal expense, and on her annual leave.

3.5* ro
peggy
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A word of warning BE CAREFUL WHO YOU LET INTO YOUR HOME.
This is the third book in the Rachel Prince series.
Having read all three in my view this is by far the best.
DI Rachel Prince is travelling between London and America liaising with other serious crime agencies trying to solve the case of murdered young blonde girls who rent out their homes on a short term lease online.
As per usual Rachel dives in head first into the case and practically eats and breathes it. Rachel takes annual leave and
Amanda (Books, Life and Everything Nice)
Thank you to NetGalley, Bookouture, and Alison James for an ebook copy to review. As always, an honest review from me.

Perfect Girls is a perfectly addictive novel. A psychological thriller that uses all of the modern day technology and social media advances to truly scare you. The author didn’t resort of cliches to make the book work. Definitely a unique and chilling novel. Perfect for a creepy Halloween read!

The detective from England ends up going to Hollywood to invest
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Dead Memories (D.I. Kim Stone, #10)
  • Dark Lies (Detective Rhodes and Radley #1)
  • The Salton Killings (Chief Inspector Woodend, #1)
  • Nothing but Memories (Detective Ian Wilson, #1)
  • For All Our Sins (DCI Claire Winters #1)
  • The Lost Children (Detective Lucy Harwin, #1)
  • Eye For An Eye (DCI Gilchrist, #1)
  • The Heat (Wyatt, #8)
  • Words Can Kill (A Ghostwriter Mystery #5)
  • Call to Arms (Detective Kay Hunter #5)
  • Lessons for Survivors (Cambridge Fellows, #9)
  • Stenhjärtat (Charlotta Lugn & Shirin Sundin, #2)
  • Slaughter Park (The Belltree Trilogy, #3)
  • Perdition (A Nell McGraw Investigation, #2)
  • Rough Justice (Knight & Culverhouse, #4)
  • Fatal Liaison
  • Protect and Serve: Soldiers, SEALs and Cops (Lost and Found, #4.3; Delta Detectives, #5)
  • Murder in the Round (Pamela Barnes Acoustic Mystery, #5)
I was born in the Cotswolds but spent most of my formative years abroad. I studied languages at Oxford, then became a journalist and author, returning to university after my two children to take a law degree. After a three-year stint as a criminal paralegal, I worked as a commercial copywriter and then a TV storyliner, before coming full circle to write fiction again.

Detective Rachel Prince (3 books)
  • Lola Is Missing (Detective Rachel Prince, #1)
  • Now She's Gone (Detective Rachel Prince Book 2)