Start by marking “War and Love” as Want to Read:
War and Love

War and Love

The moment Jude Warner walked into my life, he was just some handsome stranger in an expensive suit offering me a quarter for the fountain in my apartment courtyard.

A moment later I discovered he was my neighbor, both of us new to the building.

Published July 30th 2018 (first published June 29th 2018)

Dilek VT
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Something between 2-2,5 stars - but not 3

When I saw that the writer of one of my favorite books, Absinthe, has published a new novel, I didn't think twice. However, this one has been a huge disappointment for me. Shortly, I can say that the book is plain simple and boring without much passion. I had to skim and scan a lot just to get to the end of it.

A billionaire ex-husband hires a musician, who is desperately in need of money, to seduce her ex-wife. If he can make her fall in love with him and
Coco.V
Jan 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/23/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:

A moment later I discovered he was my neighbor, both of us new to the building.

Then he was the knight in shining armor who rescued my place from a late-night plumbing fiasco. The prince charming who offered me refuge and ice cream during a storm-fueled power outage. The bona fide saint who
BookAddict
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love is trying to figure out who she is after divorcing the man she thought she would be with forever. But money can change people, and not for the better, and the man she married is now a man she doesn’t recognize. Her ex, Hunter, goes so far as to hire and threaten Jude to get Love to fall for Jude and marry him, simply so Hunter can get out of paying alimony. Jude is caught between a rock and a hard place. He has valid financial reasons for agreeing to the deal, but he isn’t prepared for the ...more
Vanessa (nessreads)
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

4.5 Stars!!!

War & Love was was every bit suspenseful and filled with intrigue. With a Hero you couldn't help but adore and root for. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough, needing to know what was going to happen next. This book kept me on the edge of my seat, and I loved every second of it.

Love, recently getting out of a very long relationship that was way overdue. And finally being rid of a selfish, manipulative, conniving, ruthless, col
Halime   Yazıcı Mimaroğlu
Sep 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: disappointed, 2018
Not good or special.. Just dull and plain nahhhhh....
Myla
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jude Warner is trying to make ends meet doing odd jobs here and there to help his sister with two kids. He's also a struggling singer who plays the guitar well and definitely a sight for sore eyes. One day while submitting a demo, he got an offer he can't refuse.

After a bitter divorce, Love Aldridge swear off a romantic relationship with any man. She wants to concentrate on her project to organize a non-profit org.-- Agenda W. A project that will empower women.

When Jude and Love crossed paths un
Jos
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Solid Stars

OK, I loved this story and the writing was great BUT I felt like it was still "missing" a few "somethings". Their story played out so fast and it had a few "weak" spots for me that it was hard to feel 100% invested too!

I did love the Epilogue BUT again that for me could have been so much more than we were given. Hey, I am greedy when it comes to my romance endings and I felt like I needed "more than I got.
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Winter did a wonderful job with this story. A friend to enemies to lovers to happily ever after kind of story. I know sounds confusing but to be honest it really isn't. I loved it. Everyone has a reason for what they are doing in this story. A family is reason number one. You have to admit when it comes to family you will do anything for them.

Another great story by Winter. Another reason she is a go-to author!
Stephanie
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Denise
DNF @ 45%.

The synopsis intriguied me but I found that I never really connected with the characters or their "love" story. It felt like they went from being friends (albeit fake) to jumping into bed together after one kiss. It felt completely unrealistic and rushed to me.
Deborah G.
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Love Aldridge is recently divorced from a very nasty man. She met Hunter in college, both had humble beginnings in small towns & married very young. Hunter became very successful, then very controlling to the extent he chose what she wore. He became unrecognizable to her.
Now, happily single, free & with a huge alimony sum in her bank account, Love ventures on a business project to help other women in need. Her new financial freedom also allows her to live in a very prestigious apartment
Michelle Krystel
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced readers copy of this book and have decided to leave a voluntary honest review. I'm just loving this author more and more. War and Love was so unexpected by that I mean the story line. I love how this author goes out of the box it makes her story's so much better. I laughed and cryed with this one. I also couldn't wait to see what was gonna happen next. I believe deep down Jude is good man he just made a really bad decision. But then again he was putting his family first. ...more
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Overall I enjoyed this book. I liked Love and Jude. I felt bad that her ex husband thought so little of her. Thankfully she was nothing like what he was saying but then most exes are petty. I was thankful that in the end Jude could get out of the contract and that they could have their HEA.
Catherine
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. (Thank you for sharing :D)

To start I really did not like her name. (I’ve always had a distaste for anyone who tries to use “love” in a faux affectionate or almost demeaning way. Usually men trying to show fake feelings.) Her sister's name also bothered me. Unless she’s named after the jewelry but even then I still think it’s an odd name choice. I enjoy unique or different names usually but these just didn’t do it for me.

Then as I read I felt li
Stacey Timmons
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As with all of Winters books, I blitzed through this. I couldn't get enough of Love Aldridge (yes, Love is her real name, lol) and it's a perfect name for her because I loved everything about her. I was torn between loving Jude. I really didn't like him in the beginning but that was due to the task he got blackmailed into. Then as the story progresses, you wonder if he can change. Will his conscious get the better of him? Or will he go through with everything that's been planned?!

The chemistry b
Sara Oxton
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
War and Love by Winter Renshaw a five-star read that will blow you away. This was a great read, compelling and beautifully written, I have been lucky and read some amazing reads recently and this is one of the ones that stood out to me, Love Aldrige is a character that you will adore, as you read the story you will be both wishing for her to wake up but loving her at the same time. Jude is a hard one as at first I didn’t gel with him for reasons you will see as you read, but like a good story it ...more
Chasidy
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love has just come from a nasty divorce that was plastered all over the tabloids and is working on finding herself again.

Jude, was hired to seduce and marry Love within six months. There is only one problem, Love is nothing like her ex made her out to be. Will he be able to keep it strictly business? What happens when real emotions come into play? How will Jude ever be able to tell Love the truth and keep her? They were destined to fail from the beginning.

War and Love is a great read. I enjoyed
deityreads
Aug 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
I wouldn’t even read this if it’s wasn’t for the cover model. Ever since reading Bossman by Vi Keeland, I’ve been obsessed with Chase Parker who happened to be this model. So, when I saw the cover I didn’t even care if this author is unknown to me, I just decided to try it. Sad to say, the only good thing about this was the cover. The story and the characters were flat. The writing lacked substance and the h just annoyed the hell out of me. DNF at 35% Not for me.

Plot: 2
Writing: 1
Hero: 3
Heroi
Space Cowgirl
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Change, Changes. Wake Up and Be a Different Man🐺💔

Love💃💋, yes her first name is Love, has been drug through a bitter divorce from Hunter👹, the only man she's ever known or loved.
When they were just a poor young couple, they were happy. Then, Hunter👹 wrote some code and his software became wildly successful, and Hunter was caught up in making money. Now he owns a music company ,an app for buying it, and has produced many gold and platinum recording artists.

Compounding money and success, has left
Caroline F
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this latest offering from this author!

"In all his glorious perfection, he's got heartbreak written all over."

Love Aldridge has been through a nasty divorce and is just getting back on her feet emotionally. She's focused on what's next in her life and is not really considering another relationship just yet. However, when she meets her hot new neighbour, she can't deny the attraction she feels towards him.

"There's something fascinating about Jude, something contradictory in the
Paula  Phillips
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it

Love Aldridge has just divorced from her prick of a husband and is now trying to regain her life and live it the way she wants too, by buying herself the apartment she wanted with a view of the park and starting up a scholarship foundation for Women. I liked the character of Love as she was written as a genuinely nice person and you felt for her instantly and loved Love. Her ex-husband has to pay her a substantial monthly amount of Alimony and as you guess he's a right grade A jerk and will try
R
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Renshaw done it again!
A new sweet, heart warming, romantic, swoony and so passionately contemporary romance.
War and Love simply a page turner you would devour in one sitting. Cause Jude and Love just...sigh😍😍😍
From the first page, actually from the blurb, i know i just got to read Jude and Love's story.

A rich newly divorcee and a fraud. An ex army man with baggage who is being hired to put a ring on her finger, Jude never expect this warm, down to earth, beutiful and full of passion.
While Lov
Karina
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book. The story line was original and different from books I have read recently. Love Aldridge is a woman who is recently divorced and trying to make a new life for herself. The man she fell in love with in college is not that man anymore. The money he started to make changed him. He began to treat Love unfairly and kept her on a tight budget as well as cheated on her. She won a great settlement in the divorce. Money didn't matter as much to her and she decides to start a n ...more
Tricia
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed War & Love. A great storyline, which flowed perfectly and held my attention throughout, made this a book I didn’t want to put down.

Fed a boatload of lies by a bitter ex husband, Jude finds himself in a situation which he hopes will solve all his financial problems. Disliking the ex was a given, but I really didn’t like Jude at first either. His actions and his “role” made him seem rather cold hearted. However, chapters from his point of view let us see that he is actual
Keri Loves Books
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
He sold his soul to the devil, but at what cost? A man who thought he had nothing to lose, finds that destroying Love is just too high a price.

Love Aldridge is starting over. Since the age of eighteen, she was with the same man. Married young and then growing apart from her money and power hungry spouse, Hunter. Once a boy she couldn’t say no to, now a man she can’t even stand. But taking half of his wealth, all of which was earned during their marriage, does not sit well with Hunter.

Hunter want
Skip
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Winter Renshaw is the mistress of complex situations, and her new book, War and Love is no exception. Love Aldridge and Hunter LeGrand were the "It" couple for years. Together since college, the two of them went from poor students to millionaires in the blink of an eye. They loved each other madly, but money changes everything. Now divorced, Hunter hires Jude Warner ("War") with both a carrot and stick: get Love to marry Jude (and terminate the alimony payments Hunter makes), and Hunter will mak ...more
April Symes
War & Love by Winter Renshaw is a complex, intense and unexpected romance read. Love has just recently gotten out of a very long relationship that was way overdue. Her ex-husband was a total sleeze and he did a number on Love. She is just getting back on her feet emotionally and is ready to focus on what's next in her life. Enter into her life is Jude , her new and sexy next door neighbor. When they meet, she didn’t expect the attraction to spring up like it did . Jude, an ex-army man , seem ...more
Bel
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great original romantic story with a twist. All is fair in Love and War.. only the heart will always tell a different story. Love has just come out of a divorce with her richer than God ex Hunter. She has been left with enough alimony to start a non-for-profit charity to help women in need. What she did not see coming was her sexy as hell new neighbor, Jude Warner! He is hot as sin, and offers to help with her new venture. He is a breath of fresh air, however his sleek appearance remi ...more
Janice Somers
This is a story of a woman who helped and stood by her husband when all she wanted was him. She wanted him before he changed. She loved him before he made his millions. She stayed because she loved him. But he changed. He became a different person. Now she is divorced from the man she once loved, before he changed into a man she didn't know.
Love Aldridge, has a new life now. She has a new home and plans to open a non profit company for women to be able to get a job and whatever is needed to be a
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Last Line
  • Rekindled
  • Too Much
  • Going for the Hole
  • Dirty Business
  • The Wrong Prince (World of Jordinia)
  • Play
  • Pan (Neverland, #1)
  • Protector: The Complete Series
  • Anyone But Him
  • Shagged: A Billionaire Romance
  • Custom Culture Complete Series (Custom Culture, #1-4)
  • Spiked Lemonade