Start by marking “Time's Up, Afton (Afton Morrison, #4)” as Want to Read:
Time's Up, Afton (Afton Morrison, #4)

Time's Up, Afton

(The Afton Morrison Series #4)

Some secrets stay buried for a lifetime, but nothing lasts forever.

Connected to a number of high-profile deaths, Afton finds herself not only under scrutiny from the chief of police, but damned in the court of public opinion, as well.

In the aftermath of the fiery assault on Wakefield, a low-level gang has infiltrated the town, flooding its streets with bad drugs, killing s
Published October 29th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Time's Up, Afton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time's Up, Afton

Linda Strong
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018

This is Book 4 in a 4-book series featuring Afton Morrison. To introduce this unique character, the reader was told she's a female psychopathic vegetarian librarian who has a thirst for violence and craves the thought of taking a human life. She also has a pet goldfish.

A lot has happened to Afton in the following books. She's tried so hard to overcome her thirst for killing and to follow her mother' s last wishes of doing good in her life. But, as usual, there are things that she just cannot con
Nicole (TheBookWormDrinketh)
Any of you who have been reading my blog for any amount of time probably know just how much I love this series. I held off as long as I possibly could before reading this last instalment because I just couldn’t accept that it was going to be over.

I’ll try to keep this review as professional as I can and try to refrain from gushing and fan girl-ing too much (yes, it’s ABSOLUTELY a word!!) …..OH, WHO AM I KIDDING!! THIS. WAS. AMAZING!

Afton really has her hands full in this one! Still out for reven
Misty's Book Space
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I want to thank the author for providing me with an ecopy in exchange for my honest review.

Time’s Up, Afton is the fourth and final book in the Afton Morrison series and it picks up right where the 3rd book left off. This book like all of the others in this series is action packed and full of twists that I dare say you won’t see coming. That being said though I kind of felt that I was reading two different stories. Books 1-3 have all been about Afton and her urges and the man in the shadows and
Brent Jones
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Afton contends with unwanted notoriety as she plots to kill vicious drug dealers and prepares for the last stand against her tormentor.
David H
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Afton prepares to confront her nemesis - the man in the shadows - and resolve things once and for all. But not before she deals with more Wakefield scum in the shape of an unwanted meth dealer and his out-of-town suppliers.

- Will the vigilante murderess succeed?

Author Brent Jones keeps us in suspense until the end of the fourth and final part of the Afton Morrison series.

- Or is it the end? Does she kill the 'right' man?
Donna
As this series came to a close, the bittersweet feeling of how do I say goodbye to Afton, came over me. I loved this series since it’s beginning , with Go Home, Afton. I could sit here and go through the entire series with you, but that will have to wait until another review....YES, I said another review! The series has ended, but Brent has released The complete Afton Morrison Series as a whole (instead of in parts). It is available Monday, October 29th through Amazon in Kindle format, Paperback ...more
Jessica Bronder
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Afton has come a long way from the librarian we first met in Go Home, Afton. She has made friends, gained family, learned how crazy her family really is, and taken her murdering desires in surprising directions. Now it’s time for the final confrontation with the man in the shadows. But first she has to deal with a meth dealer and his little cronies first.

This has been a great series and I couldn’t wait to read the ending but at the same time I didn’t really want to leave Afton’s world. She star
Andréa Jones
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-club
The final part of the Afton Morrison Series is here and I couldn't be more satisfied. I absolutely LOVE how Afton accepts who she is and uses her "urges" for good. The humorous scenes keep on coming (anyone else laugh out loud at the bar scene?). And I love how the ending leaves room for me (please let there be more) but also nicely wraps up the questions I had about the plot throughout. 10/10 would recommend for those of use who love a bit of dark humor, strong female leads, and an action-packe ...more
Shanannigans
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After dealing with her twin, Afton takes on a new form of evil in the guise of disgusting drug dealing lowlifes. It is in this last chapter of her story, where Afton really sakes her blood lust and proves what she’s capable of. Fortunately, her victims deserve it!

I really enjoyed the last installment of this intense series. It’s very different from the others, almost a new story entirely. Sort of like a “What are they up to now?” kind of thing. That said, there is still once crucial bit of unfin
Hobart
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
This originally appeared at The Irresponsible Reader.
---
She tugged at the edges of her apron, giving me a facetious and halfhearted curtsy. “We all wear masks, Afton. Sometimes it’s worth finding out what’s hiding underneath.”

Tia's words to her unexpected friend encapsulate the core of this book -- we find out what's underneath several masks. But first we've got to tie up some plotlines, see the fall-out and repercussions of the third installment (well, all of them, but the third particularly),
Virginia Williams
Afton has placed herself square under the watchful eyes of Wakefield's Police Chief Banks. Damned in the eyes of public opinion as well as those of her brother and cohorts, she appears left to her own devices to bring down her tormentor, the Man in Shadows.

Her mother's last words tend to echo in her head, pleading with her to do good in the world, and she is determined to rid her town of the vermin and their drugs that have even shocked her own sensibilities. Animus is back pushing her to new h
Jessica Rachow
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m not kidding when I say every time I think this series has hit it’s ultimate high, Brent Jones wows me again with the next installment. I’m seriously blown away. I’ve never read anything like this series, it’s so unique and complex, I’m so happy I had the chance to read it.

Afton just keeps getting better as a main character. I absolutely love how she has evolved over the series and in this installment, really proves what she’s capable of. Brent Jones has created one compelling, leading lady,
D J
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed reading books 1 - 4 and I am sad to have read the last book of the series. Afton is my hero eventhough she committed the murders. She, in her mind justifies her action and I can understand after reading book 4 that she had good reasons. She is very intelligent, her plans are well thought out, and she is courageous. I would recommend this series to anyone who wants an exciting adventure with Afton, she will keep you on your toes. Her plots and details will amaze you. The Author of ...more
Jay
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was maybe my least favorite of the series, but it was still a rather good read. It tied things up rather nicely (with just a small opening for another?). Afton was an interesting character in the book, but she seemed less complete in this book than the others in my opinion. Not sure why really. Overall, it was a fun series that vaguely reminded my of the Dexter TV series... not the books.

This story was given to me for free at my request for my voluntary and unbiased review.
Ashley Hedden
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Time’s Up, Afton was a great read by Brent Jones. This is book four in The Afton Morrison series. Afton finds herself connected to many high-profile deaths. And everyone is scrutinizing her. Afton is finally having her showdown with her tormentor but also needs to eliminate all the members of a gang. This gangs drugs has been killing many teenagers. I loved reading this conclusion to the Afton Morrison series. I can’t wait to read more by Brent Jones.
Rock
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the 4th book in the series and it's another good one. An action packed, fast paced, page turner.

The story felt like it went a little off course with the addition of the drug dealers, but it still ties in with Afton's blood thirsty cravings. Overall a great psychological thriller I would highly recommend.
Alexa Dudley
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In the fourth and final installment in The Afton Morrison Series by Brent Jones, vigilante librarian Afton Morrison is back and ready to put an end to "the man in the shadows" once and for all. But not until she deals with the chain of drug dealers who have infiltrated Wakefield with bad drugs and killed teenagers all over town.

I was a little thrown off by the way the story went completely off course with the introduction of a gang of meth dealers. Although the book continues to focus on Afton's
Lorna
Josette Thomas
Nov 28, 2018
April Shuffler
Mar 25, 2019
From bad checks to bathroom graffiti, Brent Jones has always been drawn to writing. He won a national creative writing competition at the age of fourteen, although he can’t recall what the story was about. Seventeen years later, he gave up his career to pursue creative writing full-time.

Jones writes from his home in Fort Erie, Canada. He’s happily married, a bearded cyclist, a mediocre guitarist,

The Afton Morrison Series (4 books)
  • Go Home, Afton (Afton Morrison, #1)
  • See You Soon, Afton (Afton Morrison, #2)
  • Nice Try, Afton (Afton Morrison, #3)