Start by marking “He is Mine” as Want to Read:
He is Mine

He is Mine

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  29 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
For you, it was just a fling. For me, so much more…

NYPD detective Brad Moretti’s life is in tatters. A relationship destroyed by his boyfriend’s bipolar disorder has left him feeling guilty, inadequate and emotionally scarred.

Vivienne Aubert seems to have it all – a Hollywood career, supermodel looks, and a director husband about to make it big. And yet, a one-night-stand
Published September 7th 2018

To ask other readers questions about He is Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about He is Mine

Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, romance
This is an outstanding multi-layered story that I couldn’t put down. The story is deftly told from multiple points of view giving insight into the characters thoughts. I hesitate to say too much because I don’t want to give anything away. This is a great story.
Annie
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars- Different but took a while to draw me in

I really enjoyed this author’s other recent release and, after reading the blurb, jumped at the chance to read He is Mine. I always like to mix things up and try something different from my norm, and this novel was definitely that with its multiple main characters, points of view, and involved storyline. He is Mine ended up being a mixed bag for me. The unique plot was memorable and well-planned out with plenty of twists and details, but there w
Leta Blake
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: I did an editing pass on this book nearly a year ago.

He Is Mine is a fascinating read featuring a bisexual movie star, a cop, and a world-famous actress. It's not an MMF or MFM or menage book of any kind. It's more of a psychological romantic suspense with competing motivations between folks with plenty of money and fame but lots of problems. I enjoyed the book and found it an intense look inside the mind of a narcissist and the victim(s). I absolutely loved the difficult situa
Cee Brown
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
*✫)
.•.•*)✯ .•*)
✮ (.•✶"Wasn't what I expected."

I won't lie, when I was asked to review this book, I hesitated because I am really not a fan of MF books anymore and those scenes just don't interest me. But this was a weird mash up of activities that I truly enjoyed and applauded Mel Gough and her writing ability. This book revolved around three person whose lives somehow intertwined.

Firstly, Viv, a spoiled, narcissistic woman with delusions of grandeur. Viv had turned her life around, and scored a
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
3.75 Stars

He's Mine is billed as a MM psychological romance with MF elements. I have to warn you though, if you don't like MF in your MM or if you prefer a little more romance/relationship development in your suspense books, this story might not be right for you.

Perhaps I should've known Vivienne would have a larger role than I anticipated from the blurb, but really, I think she had more page time than both the male leads put together. She was interesting, and there was so much that was wrong w
Elle
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
An epic story, with a bit of everything. It's a second chance tale of two men who have made mistakes in their lives, one fatal, but once they meet, are ready to move on with one another. It's a very dramatic story which moves along steadily, interspersed with lies, action, suspense, darkness, and a very fatal attraction.

It is a MM romance, but is very different from your usual boy meets boy tale. It's an emotional story, with a fair bit of angst, and a hard earned HEA. It does heavily involve a
Terri
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is very original and often quite dark. Brad and Viv each want Damien, but only one of them has a healthy desire. How does Brad handle it when the beloved actress sets her unstable sights on the man Brad is coming to care for more each day?
The story is told from dual viewpoints, Brad's and Viv's. We see the feelings each of them has for Damien, and we see Damien's actions and reactions from their POV. This is different from what I'm accustomed to, but it really works here. The desperate
Maria Vickers
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fatal Attraction, suspense, love, emotional upheaval, etc...He Is Mine by Mel Gough has all of that and more. I'm going to admit that it took me a little bit to get into this story, but once I did, I didn't want to put it down. I almost felt like it gave me whiplash...in a good way.

The story revolves around Damien. Vivienne wants him and is determined to have him, but once he meets Brad, their relationship grows. However, Vivienne isn't willing to let go. Things get complicated and scary. Hold
Ramona
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, mf, reviewed
This book is about a cop, Brad, who loses his boyfriend to mental illness. An actor, Damien, who is fighting for rights to see his daughter. An unstable actress, Vivienne, and her downward fall into madness.

The two men meet and quickly start a relationship. Not realizing that the one nightstand Damien had with his leading lady would impact their lives.

I don’t want to spoil the story so this review is not very in depth. There’s a lot of angst and I felt that Brad and Damien’s relationship took se
Ruth Evans
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well what a read! This book covers just about everything. There's a romance running through the middle along with intrigue that will keep you guessing.
Brad is a cop and a good one. His relationship has ended but that doesn't stop him worrying about his ex.
Damien is an actor who gets a part in a good film.
Viv and Victor are the Hollywood couple that everyone wants to be.
Viv thinks back to her childhood and how her life is now she seems to have it all.
When she has an encounter while filming her
Morgan
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was just so ..interesting. Vivienne was just so far gone ...and you were given enough info about her past and present throughout the book to understand how she got to where she is at the end of the book. I hated her husband. Like fuck him with a bat. Vivienne actually took over the story. The romance between the two MCs was definitely overshadowed by her. I almost would've also loved to have briefly seen a random person and what they thought of Vivienne when she was stalking Damien. Li ...more
Dara Nelson
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-blog
While this was a good story, there’s a reason I’m not giving it more than three stars. There’s too much glossing over to many back stories. First there’s Brad and Aiden but they’re over when this starts so why have it be a story line. Then Brad hooks up with a guy and it’s so brief that I felt like it was unnecessary. Then there’s Damian and Viv. I never felt chemistry between them, only anger or just a weird vibe. Then there’s the whole stalking thing, the migraines, Aiden again (again, I felt ...more
Sue
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
As I was reading this...I wasn't really sure what I was in for...honestly at first I was a bit lost as to how it would all come together but I'm glad I kept pushing on because it came together maybe not beautifully but definitely explosively. Not your traditional romance or love story and maybe not your typical HEA but we do have love, we do have steam and we have suspense as well. I enjoyed the story.
Kathryn Manzella
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amazingly intriguing story. The characters are well developed and I found myself feeling for them and what was going on. Viv isn't a nice person but glimpse I to her upbringing and the world she lives in and the fall of her mental state makes her real. Damien has a lot going on and Brad is still haunted by his past relationship. The chemistry they share is hot though.
I received this book as an Advanced Readers Copy and am voluntarily leaving my honest review and recommendation
Kaila
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
this was an interesting and rough read.. i am not big on mf reads anymore.. but this one was so much more then that.. it had so many emotions and raw things going on.. viv was a horrible person.. with a horrible story and it explains her a lot but doesn't make her right.. and the other two had so many things they had to figure out as individuals.. it was all together a good story but a very emotional story
Joscelyn Smith
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bunny boiler

This was a story worthy of being a Hollywood movie, man...some people should come with a warning label. Like 'Warning: I'm likely to turn into a stalker.' At every turn I was left wondering what would happen next. These characters were flawed and a bit broken which made them very relatable, their story was engaging and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Kirstin
Sep 11, 2018 rated it liked it
This wasn't one of my favorite Mel Gough books, but it was intriguing. I liked the characters of Damian and Brad. They both had something that was worthwhile. From the start I disliked Viv. I found myself glossing over most of her chapters as her personality just turned me off from the start. I honestly didn't see where this was going until the end, which was fun.
Doreen Frantz
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good story reminiscent of the movie Fatal Attraction. Loved the well thought out characters. Brad is a cop and Damien a celebrity who has a fling with Viv who becomes obsessed with Damien. Truly a good read with romance and suspense included.
Theresa Preston
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A well thought out story line and a collection of characters who face many difficult twists and turns. I thoroughly enjoyed the complex plot and am happy to recommend it to others
Elisa Trinidad
Sep 15, 2018
Saralee
Sep 18, 2018
E.
1st person POV in present tense.
Chris Waldron
Leigh
Sep 08, 2018
Talons
Sep 16, 2018
Mel was born in Germany, where she spent the first twenty-six years of her life (with a one-year stint in Los Angeles). She has always been fascinated by cultures and human interaction, and got a Masters in Social Anthropology. After finishing university she moved to London, where she has now lived for ten years.

If you were to ask her parents what Mel enjoyed the most since the age of six, they wo