Start by marking “Blue Bayou” as Want to Read:
Blue Bayou

Blue Bayou

The road to self-discovery leads Maverick Kensington deep into the heart of New Orleans. The colorful characters, beautiful scenery and the hot mess of a woman he finds along the way offer him the perfect place to reinvent himself.

The French Quarter and Blue Bayou are exactly the change of pace he’s looking for, helping him escape the soul-sucking work he does for his fat
Published August 30th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Blue Bayou, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Bayou

Allyson ☘️
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars.
Official review coming... just heading to a family outing.
Bex | TotallyBex.com
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
My first Jiffy Kate experience and it was lovely! Loved the New Orleans location and attention to history. Great writing and enjoyable main (and secondary--Jules was hilarious!) characters.

{full review to come}
Anne OK
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
Who doesn't love a book set in New Orleans with all its colorful ambience? New to me authors offering a "hot mess express" and one that took me on a wonderful ride through a story full of new and sizzling romance and a cast of characters guaranteed to steal you heart.

Carys and Maverick had chemistry in spades. And I loved the strength and character each upheld. The "family" ties and the old Blue Bayou hotel were such a nice addition to this story as well.

My only complaint is that the ending lef
Mel Knight
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing

WOW! This book! I am going to cut to the chase and just tell you, YOU MUST READ IT! This story not only takes place in New Orleans, but the characters are just perfect!

Maverick Kensington comes to New Orleans to escape his everyday life. He needs to get away from his job, his father and figure himself out. When he stumbles upon a quaint, historic hotel he has no idea that it will completely change his life. Maverick meets the hotel owner, Carys Matthews and is totally thrown for a loop.

Maverick
Danielle S.
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just a NOLA girl loving this NOLA world!

Carys Matthews & Maverick Kensington are a match made in heaven!

Mav needs a break from his overbearing, heartless father so he escapes to New Orleans. Forgoing his normal routine of 5 Star ritz, he stumbles into the lobby and the owner of the Blue Bayou. A quaint little hotel on the brink of closure, being run by Carys now, since her mother and grandfather are no longer living.

Obviously, the sparks start flying. The UST (unresolved sexual tension) i
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Cranky Stars

First off let me get this off my chest. I’ve been singing this song since I picked up this book.

Ok now let me get this off my chest as well. Tom Cruise isn’t my favorite, but this is an iconic movie.

Maverick Kensington wandered into Blue Bayou when he decided he needed a break from his life with his overbearing greedy father. He was drawn to the building and once he was inside he was drawn to the charismatic owner. He knew she was flustered but he had this genuine need to help he
PurpleBrina
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jiffy Kate had another winner on their hands. Blue Bayou was nothing but perfection. Seriously soon as I started I couldn't put it down. When I was finished I almost wanted to start it over again cause it was just that good. Its like if Hallmark movie was book it would be the Blue Bayou. So many feels while reading this book.
Carys Matthews is doing her best with what she has even though her best really isn't that great. After her mom untimely death she is left to take over the family business T
Mirrorlight
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved the setting in New Orleans and great characters!

Jules was my favorite 😂
Jennie
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a charming visit to New Orleans all wrapped up in a wonderful story of two souls in need of each other

Maverick is dying inside working in his father’s cut throat world and runs off to New Orleans and smack dab into Carys who is just trying to keep her family dream alive

Full of awesome UST (that even explains UST) and plenty of colorful character that bring you all the way to the Quarter from your favorite reading nook

The book feels like a light, quick read but the story is deep and powe
Stacey Gomez
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh so good! I loved this book the banter of Carys Mathews and Maverick Kensington is delightful, charismatic, smooth, care free. I received this book as an ARC for my review. The characters feel all realistic and relatable. This book wants me to go back to the Nola and to feel the family closeness and carefree attitude. My mouth is drooling for the beignets. I digress, I love the dialog banter between Carys and Maverick. The chemistry is off the charts between this two, I had to fan myself or ju ...more
Shannon
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**4.5 Stars**

I have seriously enjoyed every Jiffy Kate book I have read, and Blue Bayou was no exception. I absolutely loved Carys' strength and determination, even in the midst of everything falling apart around her.

Carys and Maverick had that instant spark and attraction, and their chemistry was palpable throughout every page of this book. The authors wrote with such description I felt as though I were in New Orleans myself. Another very enjoyable read from Jiffy Kate!
G (heartbooked)
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 & 1/2 ⭐s...

First of all... I finished this book a day ago and I’m still singing the song today! A plus for this is because the ‘setting place’ is on my bucket list to visit.

If anyone wants a sweet romance story, then this is for you. You know in every romance there’s bound to be something happening that makes you question your feelings. It wasn’t over the top drama but believable. Get to know Maverick the handyman sweetheart. And witness the progress of Carys’ character.

I’m a reader who l
Kat Tammen
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
JiffyKate weaves descriptive magic that puts the readers right in the middle of the settings in their stories. This particular ride delivered me directly to New Orleans. The colorful buildings, sounds of music in the air, scents (both good, and bad) were all written in a way which made me feel like I was visiting the area. I literally felt like a guest at the Blue Bayou. And yes- I will come back to visit again.
Misty
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Right from the start this books captures your attention. I honestly accomplished NOTHING the day I read this because I didn’t want to put it down. You’ll instantly fall in love with Carys and Maverick and all the Chaos Of their story. It’s beautiful, realistic and makes you want to visit New Orleans! I love that you see the Landry family and I’m all about a Shep book now!
Michelle Groover
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down! So well written - can easily picture the city, the Blue Bayou, and smelling the food.

I could picture myself in New Orleans which made me miss the city and all it has to offer...including beignets. Like every couple Maverick and Carys have their ups and downs, but they are perfect for one another. It’s hard not to see yourself in some of the situations Carys finds herself. Bth she and Maverick are relatable. Also love the cameos from the Landry’s.
Dimple
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Completely adorable book about one of my favorite places, New Orleans! Jiffy Kate does an awesome job of drawing you in to the story, characters, the amazing life of New Orleans and Blue Bayou. I feel like I went for a visit! (Minus all the calories!)

Maverick Kensington needs a break, a break from his life - a life he didn't choose - but mostly he needs a break from his bully of a father. As a Kensington, it's a foregone conclusion that he'd go into the family business but Mav would rather do it
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
4 stars

Tricia Bartley (iScream Books)
Love this cover!!!
Love the name of the book!!!
Love the story!!!
Love Jiffy Kate's writing!!!!
And Love saying the title, it just makes me want to sing Blue Bayou by Linda Ronstadt...actually I really want to belt it out!!! lol

"I feel so bad I've got a word in mind,
I'm so lonesome all the time
Since I've left my baby behind on Blue Bayou.
Saving nickels, saving dimes,
Working 'till the sun don't shine
Looking forward happy times on Blue Bayou

I'm going back someday, 'to Blue Bayou!
Where we sleep all day
Ankita Kaul
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A place I definitely want to visit... and revisit!

Short review: I loved it. It’s awesome. Mav is swoony, and Carys is the best hot mess ever. I think I’d like to adopt Jules...And move into the Blue Bayou.
Longer review: so, yeah... the thing I loved best about this book is the way it made me feel. I could feel the nostalgia and the history of happiness that was such an essential part of the BB, and that, more than anything else, made me want to root for it.
The story is sweet and simple, but h
Hot KU Romance-Dani
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blue Bayou by Jiffy Kate!! This is the first book I’ve read by this great duo and I have completely fallen in love! I’m a Louisiana girl so reading this story and having the feels of NOLA really drew me in. Not only did they nail the feels but the story line was fun and inviting!

Carys, that girl made my heart hurt. She’s so young with so much responsibility because of all the loss in her life. She’s inherited this sweet historic hotel in the heart of New Orleans called the Blue Bayou! With dete
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The dynamic duo that makes up Jiffy Kate has penned another great story in Blue Bayou. The story starts out with Maverick Kensington becoming fed up with his overbearing father, and taking off for time away, when he lands in New Orleans at the Blue Bayou. It's a small hotel, not his normal 5 star digs, and it's where he meets Carys Matthews, who throws his world in a tailspin. Carys is trying to keep the family business running, but she's in over her head. She doesn't have time for relationships ...more
Clara Martinez Turco
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blue Bayou is one of those books that fills you with wanderlust. It's impossible to read it and not wanting to go to New Orleans, where it takes place. Simply put, it's a refreshing and perfect summer read.

Maverick Kensington, the son of a Dallas real estate mogul, takes a last minute trip to NOLA to escape the demands of his imposing father and to rethink his life. Walking around the French quarter he stumbles onto the Blue Bayou, a quirky and off-the-beaten-path hotel run by Carys Matthews, a
Ashley N Stephens
Love in the Big Easy

Once I realized this book was set in my all time favorite city of New Orleans, it easily sucked me in. This was a sweet story of two lost people trying to navigate their way in life. Carys was a hot mess that was much stronger than she gave herself credit for. Maverick was a man with a heart of gold trying to break free of his tyrant father. The two of them together help each other to be their best selves. Enjoyed this Jiffy Kate story.
Nicole Guerrero
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blue Bayou is Maverick and Carys story. Maverick is struggling with his father and the ethics behind the work they do. So he takes a vacation to escape. Carys is struggling and stressing about keeping the Blue Bayou afloat the only thing of her family she has left. They meet by chance and there's instant chemistry. Maverick wants to help her, but she's a little cautious. But then their Journey Begins and it's a beautiful story. I love Maverick he's so charming and sweet. Carys she's beautiful in ...more
Megan | A Page to Turn
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Jiffy Kate book full of southern roots - I adore the characters they write, they are flawed, yet kind and well-rounded. The stand out character to me in this book wasn't even the main characters - it was Jules, the part time Blue Bayou employee! He stole this book for me! I need a Jules in my life!

Maverick and Carys are strangers who had an immediate connection - he's running from the life he's been forced to live and she's running herself ragged with the hotel she inherited. It's a bea
Rachael
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jiffy Kate knocked it out of the swamp. I was very much looking forward to reading this book because A) I've been to New Orleans and B) the synopsis sounded delightful and sexy and C) have you seen the cover? I loved the characters and their opposites-attract connection. I loved that they learned from one another and that there wasn't this alpha-male persona or flighty, clumsy heroine. I loved their balance, and their willingness/eagerness to learn as well as teach. There are some nice, realisti ...more
Anna
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first book from Jiffy Kate and they have won me over. They capture you from the first page. Their writing truly takes you on a trip to New Orleans. It really feels like you are there. Carys and Mav have you completely falling in love with their story. There were moments where you laughed, moments of tears, and even a few moments that had you blushing and looking around to see if anyone could tell what you were reading. This book is absolutely a must read. I want to read ALL their wor ...more
Denise Van plew
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
First time for this author team with the title and the story drawing me into it. I do so love reading those that are in NOLA thanks to the magic and the history. In this Maverick takes us there after being fed up. Thank goodness he did because we then meet Carys and then we go from there with their story. You see the chemistry also slowly build as they interact. You also though have a sneaking suspicion that as events begin to occur you have to see if you are right. The characters that are in he ...more
Debbie
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been to New Orleans and this Blue Bayou captured it so well. All of your senses tingle with the sights, sounds and smells of NOLA!

Carys is a hot mess, but you will adore her! Maverick is swoony and the way he is with Carys will make you melt!

The supporting cast of characters is amazing too! Please JK give us more of some of them! Jules was fun!

A sweet yet steamy love story and so much more! Definitely left me wanting more!! Hope some future JK books will let us "come again" to New Orlean
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Tears of Pride
  • The Gambler (Willow Creek, #3)
  • Just Ask
  • The Taming of Jessi Rose
  • Cold Night, Warm Stranger
  • Let Her Go
  • The House on Main Street (Apple Valley #1)
  • The Cowboy's Mail Order Bride (Cowboys & Brides, #3)
  • Everybody Falls (Wynter's Vicious, #1)
  • Moving On (Ghost of the Past, #1)
  • Dirty-Talking Cowboy (Kinky Spurs, #1)
  • Pulled Beneath (Bar Harbor, #1)
  • Lock, Stock & Jingle Bells (A Hamilton Christmas Novella)
  • One Life (Only You, #2)
  • Loving the Lawman (The Roses of Ridgeway Book 3)
  • An Heir for the Billionaire (Dynasties: The Newports #2)
  • A Drifter's Fortune (Love's a Gamble #2)
  • When He Came Back
Jiffy Kate is the joint pen name for Jiff Simpson and Jenny Kate Altman. They're co-writing besties who share a brain and a love of cute boys, good coffee, and a fun time.

Together, they've written over twenty stories. Their first published book, Finding Focus, was released in November 2015. Since then, they’ve continued to write what they know—southern settings full of swoony heroes and strong he