Start by marking “Eve of Man” as Want to Read:
Eve of Man

Eve of Man

(Eve of Man Trilogy #1)

***PRE-ORDER EVE OF MAN, THE FIRST BOOK IN A BRAND-NEW TRILOGY, JOINTLY WRITTEN BY BESTSELLING AUTHORS GIOVANNA & TOM FLETCHER***

AGAINST ALL ODDS, SHE SURVIVED.
THE FIRST GIRL BORN IN FIFTY YEARS.
THEY CALLED HER EVE.

THE WORLD HAD WAITED FOR HER ARRIVAL WITH BATED BREATH.

She is the last girl on earth, and all her life Eve has been kept away from the opposite sex. Kept fr
Published June 18th 2019 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Eve of Man, please sign up.
Siobhan Not for the protagonists. I saw one nod to it, when they're going by boat there is a mention of men kissing, but it's pretty blink-and-you'll-miss it.…moreNot for the protagonists. I saw one nod to it, when they're going by boat there is a mention of men kissing, but it's pretty blink-and-you'll-miss it.

And if you count it, the time Eve tried to kiss Bram through the hologram he was using of a girl called Holly. But it's a little nuanced when she's kissing an illusion knowing it's a boy piloting a girl.(less)

Sara
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Eve is the first female to be born in 50 years. In an ageing world destroyed by man, she’s raised away from the conflict in the ‘dome’ - a paradise of school lessons, dancing and talking to her AI ‘friend’ Holly. But there’s more to Holly than meets the eyes. As Eve approaches her 16th birthday, can she accept her inevitable fate as the saviour of her race, or will a forbidden love force secrets out into the open?

I tried to like th
TeaAndBooks
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THAT ENDING THOUGH
I NEED MORE
Deborah
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 to 4*

The blurb intrigued me and my first thought was the incredible Children of Men. The difference is in Children of Men no children had been born for eighteen years. Whereas in Eve of Man it’s been 50 years since the last baby girl was born.

Without females the human race was facing extinction and by the time Eve was born the earth was a mess. Men living without hope of a future have abused the world beyond imagination. Overconsumption of fossil fuels accelerated global warming.

Then came t
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
81qiJ7rmhwL

ARC BOOK REVIEW
Release Date-31/5/18

This really appealed to me the idea of a dystopian landscape where female births have decimated to the point where the last XX Birth in fifty years is the honour of one young girl aptly name Eve.
Unsurprisingly she is one hot commodity; kept segregated from the common masses in the tower with the Mothers; Aged woman who have made it there lives vocation to raise her.
Eve is raised with the ideals that she alone is the last hope for humanity; a heavy responsibilit
Deborah
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

3.5 to 4*

Then came t
Karoliina
May 23, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, netgalley
I received an ARC through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

There are number of things in Eve of Man that left me feeling deeply uncomfortable, and that really took away any enjoyment I might have gotten from the story otherwise. Before I get into why I disliked this book, first I want to acknowledge that there are fun sci-fi concepts in here that I found imaginative and novel, and I especially liked how the futuristic technology is actually central to the plot. There is also a believab
Jessikah Stenson
Jun 03, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, science-fiction
I wanted to like this book because I think Tom and Gi are fantastic people and I expected to like it because Gi is a talented adult writer. However, I could not click with this book.

The first half was okay. From the first page, I was nervous it wasn’t quite my taste. The writing is very simplistic and abrupt but in a way that doesn’t engage me. The story is very much told to you so there’s not a lot of clues you need to pay attention to and sadly, that left me bored. At this point, though, it wa
marysscript
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
"I guess reality is just the world with which we are presented."

I. AM. OBSESSED! A million stars! Eve of Man is going to be one of my highlights of 2018!

I started it yesterday and I only put it down because I was half asleep. The synopsis already sounded very engaging to me, I love books about future worlds and this one I liked very much.
I received an ARC via netgalley for an honest review and I'm so happy and thankful that I got the chance to read it. It'll be published on May 31, 2018.

From th
Lucy Banks
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Bold, imaginative and cinematic - but a few question-marks over the credibility of the plot.

Yes, it's a dystopian book. And let's face it, there are rather a few of them around at the moment. However, this definitely stood out from the crowd, thanks to its inventive approach and strong, confident writing.

Eve is the last young female on earth. As this statement implies, the human race has pretty much wrecked itself, a
Kirsty ❤️
I haven't read a young adult dystopian novel in a very long time. I got so fed up of the very twee love angles that every author threw in and as a woman in her mid-40's I wanted  more out of a book (which is fine, they're not written for me). I choose this to have another try simply because of the authors and it hasn't really made me want to start reading these books again.

I found it to be a book of two halves and I didn't really enjoy the first half. I felt it took too long to get going, there
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Eve of Man Review on K-Books <- goes live on June 27, 2018

"I guess reality is just the world with which we are presented."

Eve of Man is a book that I was super excited about since the moment I first heard about it. I already adore Giovanna Fletcher's books so when I heard she and Tom were writing a YA Dystopia series I couldn't wait. I absolutely adore YA Dystopia books. Eve of Man sounded amazing and I knew I would love it... and I wasn't wrong. It was everything I could have wanted and mo
Clara
2.5 ⭐

Well... That was a total let down. It could have been so much more, yet it wasn’t. I know it’s the first book in a series but we learned nothing about the world the characters lived in and it was pretty cliché. Plus the whole men/women dynamic was based on stereotypes, which made me roll my eyes more than once. I’m really sad I didn’t like it as I have adored the authors for half of my life and will forever admire them, but this book didn’t work out for me.
Jen
May 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the idea for this book and think the title is very clever.

Both the main characters Eve and Bram have really distinctive voices and we feel for each of them in their own way.

It's nice that even though we spend the majority of time within the Tower we still get a sense of the growing pains of the outside world.

Some elements of the story felt quite contrived and the language was almost too simple for a young adult book which sometimes made the story feel more slow/boring than it actually wa
Tucker

Many thanks to Random House Books for Young Readers for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

AGAINST ALL ODDS, SHE SURVIVED.
THE FIRST GIRL BORN IN FIFTY YEARS.
THEY CALLED HER EVE . . .

A really creative dystopia idea that fell short. Not to say that it’s bad but it’s wasn’t mind blowingly good.

So, what’s this book about
This book follows Eve the last girl on the planet. She is now of age and must start to basically re-populate the word. But there’s one issue. She doesn’t want t
Kayleigh
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the moment I heard about this book I was really intrigued by the whole concept of the story.
It’s a dystopian like none I’ve ever read before built on the premise of only boys being born in decades, Eve being the first girl born in fifty years and her duty to help humanity survive.

I loved it!
It’s written in a way that keeps you glued to the pages and the characters are written so well, I adore Eve and Bram!

The story flows easily and has you rooting for the good guys throughout and I’m so gla
Dorine
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, 2018
I finished this book today and immediately wrote a review, no endless procrastination this time! I'm kinda proud about that haha.

Do you ever read a book and think, this would make such a cool movie?
That's what I felt while reading this book. I personally like my dystopian's as movies, the stories usually work great on the big screen. I would love to see the visuals of this book especially Holly, Eve's holographic friend, would be really interesting to see visualised.

Let me first say that I love
Natalie
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
- Short but sweet non-spoiler review -

Really enjoyed this!
Took me a while to read it because of university but this was a really cool concept. Although the protagonists - Eve, especially - had their teenage moments that had me like 'okay, seriously?', I felt that they developed well and were good characters to read about! Had a gripping story and I really liked the writing, I was definitely intrigued about Tom Fletcher's storytelling. I've been a fan of McFly since day 1 and I was excited to s
Ema Smith
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
O M G give me the next book now......please 😭
A million stars!

I loved this book from the very start to the very end!!
Every chapter left me wanting more.
Perfectly written, fantastic story and characters!
Again another book with two character perspectives and it works so well!
If you have been wondering........
Do I pick it up.........
YES.....YES you should!
👌❤
Elaine
My immediate reaction after finishing reading this was to post a tweet tagging the authors:

"Anyone else hate it when you're reading a brilliant story, totally engrossed in it, desperate to know what happens next and you see those three dreadful words:

To be continued . . . .

Argh!!! Eve of Man by @TomFletcher and @MrsGiFletcher - I need the next two books now, please!!"

I still need those next books, please!

This is a dystopian story in which no girls have been born for fifty years, well, no girls e
Ashleigh
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good. Nothing too outrageous but i like the idea and characters enough to want to keep on reading. I would be keen to keep reading the series also.
Aoife
I received a free digital copy of this book from the publishers/author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Imagine a world full of men and no women. That’s what the future looks like when no female babies are born for over 50 years until Eve. Sixteen years later, Eve has grown up in a paradise created just for her, and she’s ready to embark on her mission to save the species. But how much of what she has been told is a lie, and is she really with the people who want what’s best for he
Maria
May 31, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
While I thought that the premise and the first chapter were intriguing, this soon became another typical dystopian YA novel and by now I'm just really over that.

I can see the appeal for the target audience, I really can. But since I'm not part of it, I didn't really enjoy this book.
Amelia

3.5 Stars

It was nice to read a YA book set somewhere other than America for once. The premise is an interesting one - reproductive rights are often a focus of adult dystopian tales but not YA so it was nice to see someone push the boundaries of the genre a little. The writing is decent. The romance isn't cloying and there's no love triangle. The heroine's relationship with her surrogate mothers is touching. Why not four stars, then? The trouble is, quite frankly, The Handmaid's Tale.

The Handmai
Laiba
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a good book, yet again a book about a dystopian future where out of the blue girls are not being born anymore and all the women who exist are only giving birth to boys and if there is any girl conceived she dies in-utero.So this story is about a girl, the only girl who is born amongst a world population of only men and she is named, Eve,because cliche. Anyway, so she survives and she is brought up in a safe environment because she is the only girl,she is the only hope of this population, th ...more
Philip Bailey
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, I thought that the pace was great, leaving you wanting to keep reading at the end of each chapter.
Katie Carter
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When’s the next book due out.....love a cliffhanger ending but I’m desperate to read more of the story. Great book
Lulai
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,5 stars
I loved this novel, the concept of the book is ingenious and realistic. Eve is a very endearing character and I can not wait to find out more.
Rebekka Hindbo
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It's an exciting concept and the execution is great! I liked both main characters and the fact that it is not an instalove story. I can't wait for the next book.
Faroukh Naseem
Jul 25, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Book Review: Eve of Man (Thank you @penguinukbooks for sending me a copy!)
Giovanna and Tom Fletcher collaborate to bring us the story of Eve and Bram.
The premise:
The premise is very interesting, Eve is the first girl to be born in 50 years and obviously all eyes are on her in hopes that she can carry forward the human race once she comes of age. Eve is taken care of by a corporation based in a tower where she lives in ‘The Dome’ and is disconnected from the outer world. The only friend she has
Is this just another crossover between children of men and handmaid's tale 2 20 May 31, 2018 01:57PM

• The Creakers
  • When The Curtain Falls
  • Wilde About The Girl (Robin Wilde #2)
  • My Life as a Hashtag
  • XX
  • Down to Earth
  • A Little Bird Told Me
  • Make A Christmas Wish
Giovanna grew up in Essex with her Italian dad Mario, mum Kim, big sister Giorgina and little brother Mario, and spent most of her childhood talking to herself (it seems no one wanted to listen) or reading books.

At thirteen she left Essex behind to attend the full-time Sylvia Young Theatre School, where she met her husband Tom Fletcher. Following SYTS she completed an acting BA (hons) at Rose Bruf

Eve of Man Trilogy (3 books)
  • Eve of Man: Book 2
  • Eve of Man: Book 3 (Eve of Man Trilogy)