Start by marking “I Ain't Got No Home in This World Anymore” as Want to Read:
I Ain't Got No Home in This World Anymore

I Ain't Got No Home in This World Anymore

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  7 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Back in the fictional northern Ontario city of Lac-Sainte-Catherine, Mike Sauve takes readers on a round and back adventure in the classic tradition of H.G. Wells, where two bumbling time travelers take a sad look at their past(s), their McDonald's issues and blackout binges, their sentimental pratfalls and romantic flagellations, all to try and find their way home again.

I
Published July 28th 2018 by Montag Press

To ask other readers questions about I Ain't Got No Home in This World Anymore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Ain't Got No Home in This World Anymore

really liked it 4.00  ·

Todd
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Future You uses a time machine to drop in on Present You. The two of you go on a bender and decide that the only way to fix the pathetic squalor of your regrettable lives is to visit Past You to keep you from making the mistakes that will lead him to your inevitable regret. But past you seems to be crushing it, and in attempting to protect him from becoming the future yous, you make things worse. Much worse. With me so far? Good. It gets weirder.

This book is a fun ride, so I will let you discove
Ryan Hyatt
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is perhaps no greater trope used in science fiction than time travel, and there is perhaps no greater reason for traveling in time than if the past and future conflagrate to create an insufferable shitstorm a hero must rectify in the present.

In that sense, I Ain't Got No Home In This World Anymore, third installment of Mike Sauve’s satirical series set in the fictional city of Lac-Sainte-Catherine, makes sense.

The story’s hero - or more aptly anti-hero, Sam McQuiggan - is a thirty-somethin
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
I honestly had no clue what I was going to get with this story. It was pretty much a story of how a guy can just keep messing up his life, with time travel and a future self of his to add more stupidity to the mix. They went back in time to fix his mistakes, but the mistakes happened because of who he is as a person. Only when he changed who he was, was when things started going right for him. There is a lot of mention of sex, drugs and what not to be aware of that.

That all being said, I laughed
David Massengill
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mike Sauve’s I Ain’t Got No Home in This World Anymore is a wise and brilliant time-traveling romp that launches us back to the early aughts and nearly 50 years into the future. As the two protagonists (the same man at different ages) try to prevent their past wrongs and re-relish the sweetest moments of their youths in the Canadian town of Lac-Sainte-Catherine, we realize we don’t really get better or smarter with age; we just become more deeply human. Tight writing, hilarious happenings, and c ...more
Mike
Dec 04, 2018
deep
Aug 07, 2018 marked it as to-read
PW Starred: This time travel farce reads like a Philip K. Dick plot as channeled by a delirious Hunter S. Thompson. Sam McQuiggan is a divorced drunk earning minimum wage at the local Good Feels Fitness gym. Things can’t get worse, but they suddenly get strange when Sam is visited by a wayward alternate future version of himself. The two Sams hit it off, binging on booze, crack, and fast food. Reflecting on how their lives went so horribly wrong, the two hatch a crazed plan: they will travel bac ...more
Dean Muscat
is currently reading it
Dec 21, 2018
Maria Estrada
Dec 26, 2018
Mike Sauve has written for The National Post, McSweeney’s, and many other publications. He is the author of the novels The Wraith of Skrellman, The Apocalypse of Lloyd and I Ain't Got No Home In This World Anymore. He also wrote the non-fiction book Who Authored the John Titor Legend?