Start by marking “Be Fairy Game (Starfig Investigations, #2)” as Want to Read:
Be Fairy Game (Starfig Investigations, #2)

Be Fairy Game

(Starfig Investigations #2)

They’re baaacckk!

When a simple ‘find & fetch’ case throws private investigator Twig Starfig and newly-minted wizard, Quinn Broomsparkle, into the middle of an EBI murder investigation, it’s just another day in the Elder Realm.

If murder were Twig’s only problem, he’d be the luckiest half-dragon in the land. Murder he can handle. Fulfilling his promise to his scheming,
Published August 30th 2018

R * A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars Rounded Up

Overall a highly entertaining sequel!

This continues to impress with a large contingency of fantastical beings, implementing this time around dark elves, crooked dwarves, an imp, a vamp, and a goblin, not to mention gargoyles, more dragons and demon goodness, hellhounds, griffins, and garden gnomes galore!

What failed for me just a tad was that this was on the side of too long, mostly encompassing Twig and Quinn’s intense but new, relationship. Both these guys have a shit ton o
Line
This took me waaaaaaaaaayyy to long to finish and I have no excuse, other than I think I might be in a slump.

The story was quite fun at times and the menagerie that Twig and Quinn managed to gather around them (seriously, they need a castle if their clan continues to grow like this... *sidenote: I hear the residence of Nyx is available;-) was entertaining and inventive.
One thing’s for certain Meghan Maslow is not lacking in the imagination department.

One of my main issues with this one draws ba
Len Evans Jr
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
I just love, love, love, love this series and this book. The author manages to perfectly blend the romance, humor, action and the sexy times into one awesome whole. The character's living in this book quickly become good friends and are perfectly imperfect. Story wise, the author did an excellent job of maintaining the suspense and mystery throughout the entire book. I cannot wait till book three is finished and I get to spend some more quality time visiting this world and its people once again!
Meags
4 Stars

Twig Starfig and Quinn Broomsparkle are back for another adventure. This time the half dragon/half fairy investigator and his wizard mate become deeply entangled in a murder-mystery when a new case throws them in the middle of a power grab for a mythical hammer.

Shit’s getting a bit crazy and dangerous in the Elder Realm for Twig, Quinn, and their demon friend Bill, what with their investigation going sideways and Twig’s father constantly popping in to nag Twig about running for a seat on
Melissa
This series is my happy place. And so are cute kittens so this is the best way I can express how I feel. :)

description
description

I love Twig, Quinn, Bill and now Cookie!!! Cookie is a new character and we don't know what she is, beyond a cute little furball with healing abilities. She is too sweet!

I listed to the audio and once again Greg Boudreaux did an amazing job. Amazing isn't a good enough word. There are no words good enough to describe how well Greg does with this series. ALL THE STARS for the audio, and the
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
I had missed Twig and Quinn! I enjoyed it , Twig, Quinn and Bill doing investigative work, what could go wrong?

New characters are introduced and a prophesy has been unearthed, can't wait for the next one!
Eugenia
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, fantasy, shifter
Fabulous audiobook!!! I loved getting back to Twig and Quin and the boys (wizards, demons, fae and new friends...and enemies).

Snarky and adventurous, what more can a fantasy lover ask for?
*~*~Fawkes, Padfoot, and Prongs~*~*
Aug 16, 2018 marked it as mm-new-books-i-own-and-must-read
There's a reason I've rated this book pre-release!! Read on for the explanation ... trust me, it'll make COMPLETE sense!!

*****

WHAT KIND OF A FUCKING ASSHOLE GIVES A BOOK ONE [1] STAR BEFORE THE BOOK HAS EVEN RELEASED?!!? I'll note that I am HIGHLY doubtful that this person received an ARC or is a reviewer!!!!! With that being the case, it's my natural inclination to conclude this person is JUST an asshole douchebag!!!

I gave this book 5 stars to counter the 1 star this person gave this UNRELEASE
Jenni Lea

Didn't have quite the magic the first book in the series held for me, but was still enjoyable.
Natalia
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
SheReadsALot
My bday month is fucking winning all the things...

And it's going to end niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

*grabby hands*
Joyfully Jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

In this second book in the Starfig Investigations series, we continue the story of Twig and Quinn. This book takes place a few months after the end of By Fairy Means or Foul and we find the lovers in a pretty good place. Well, not literally, as their latest case has gone off the rails. As per usual. This series definitely needs to be read in order, but I wholly suggest you do read it, as it just keeps getting better.

What I particularly enjoyed about this book was
Kathleen
I've decided to wait for the audiobook to form my final opinion about this sequel. I found it a bit disjointed, like pieces of ideas were flung together. But since I read it in fits and starts, and the bulk of it in my "sick bed" yesterday, I think that may have colored my impressions. So! Waiting on the audio before I write my final review.
Lisazj1
4.5 stars! Loved it. ❤ ...more
Stephanie   GooglyEyes
3.5*

I adored the first book, This one took me quote a bit to get through. There were some really good parts/scenes/new characters, but then there were some parts that were dragged out and I didn't quite care about them. Which then would lead me to put the book down and walkaway for awhile.

That being said, I enjoyed the outcome and am excited for the future of this unlikely trio of a clan. (Plus a ghost bird)
Josy
Not quite as funny as the first book because the tone was more serious but still very entertaining and I had a great time listening to it! Greg was, as always, marvelous!
D A
much like book 1 in the series, this is a delightfully entertaining light read. a pleasant mix of slightly silly and slightly sarcastic humor, action and adventure with touches of charming & sweet (though a little less on the silly and adventure than the 1st book). Twig and Quinn are settling in together and learning to be both partners (romantically and professionally) and understand the wizard/familiar bond in conjunction with being mates. That's just the personal side of all they have goi ...more
Diane Dannenfeldt
OMG I forgot how much I missed these guys! I can’t wait for the audio book. This was a great sequel and there was a lot going on. In the beginning, I had revised my feelings in regards to Twigs dad, he was such an ass. He treated both of them like crap. But by the end, I loved him again. We had a great murder mystery that the boys are investigating and it was never clear cut to me who was behind it all. We get to meet Twigs mom and I loved that. Twig and Quinn have a bumpy road in this one but t ...more
Lori S.
A bit slower going with this second book, but if the author gets the same narrator for the audiobook, it should zip along quite well. The slow pokiness is my own issue I think. Great characters still and we get to meet Twig's mother!

[ETA] I'm glad to I am right. The audio narration made this story zip along very well.
F.
Another amusing episode in the life of Twig and Quinn. I felt sorry for Bill and hope he has better luck next time.Not sure I could like any of the parents even though they attempt to explain their actions. Looking forward to book 3!!
Liz (Bugetta)
I enjoyed this as much as the first book. I just love the world building of this series and the MCs are so great together. I hope the next book comes out soon!
M'rella

Shelves: 1-high-fantasy, 0-ku
3.5
Micah
Sep 23, 2018 rated it liked it
This book confused me so much. I've never simultanously hated & loved a book more in my life. Starting off, a lot of my complaints from the 1st in this series have been fixed in this book. The humor in the 1st book was very corny & cliche. Parts of this book, however, are witty & are formed through clever dialogue & ridiculous circumstances. Another big improvement are the actions scene. When the action picks up, it is sooo good & I am invested. Now, a very big issue for me w ...more
Gillian Murrell
I really enjoyed this book for the most part. It's a great fantasy story thats a little different to most I have read. The characters are loads of fun and as more and more are introduced it just adds to the story. The Clan that Twig is making is so sweet but at the rate they are going they will need a mansion to house them all, or a castle would be more appropriate for a Dragon. There is no denying a mothers love. I suspected all along that Twig's parents would still be in contact with each othe ...more
Milly Molly
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is the second book in the Starfig Investigations series and I enjoyed it as much as the first. There were light hearted humourous moments and touching moments intertwined into a who-dunnit plot that had me guessing till the end. I really enjoyed checking in with Twig and Quinn again, their relationship is still developing and they have a few more bumps in the road they need to work around. We get to know more about Twig’s background including his relationship with his parents which gave me ...more
Bibliophile
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Note: I was on a direct flight from Ireland to Seattle today, so I read *a lot* of books on my bookshelf, including this one. I'm desperately in need of sleep, so this review will be short and sweet!

In short--this was a great follow-up! It took me a few pages to recall all the info from book 1, but once I did, this book was fun and easy to read. I loved the humor and heart in this book--and I still get a kick out of a dragon with fairy wings and a demon whose a softy at his core. This play on c
Vicki
I just love these guys. They live such interesting and fun-filled lives. They are such a great couple. And they bring home the most interesting characters. Cookie makes me think of tribbles from the original Star Trek series. I know I have to, but I can't wait for book 3.

Oh, and of course narrator Greg Boudreaux was amazing.
Teetee
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-fantasy
Review to follow, what roller coaster ride this was!
JR
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun, Fun, Fun

This series is so much fun to read. The characters are charming and the world building is terrific. Love it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Bloodline (Norwood #2)
  • Queer Magick (Queer Magick, #1)
  • Human Frailties, Human Strengths (Guardians of the Leythe, #1)
  • The Consumption of Magic (Tales From Verania, #3)
  • Dreaming of Fire
  • Betrothed: A Faery Tale
  • The Tinder Chronicles: Complete 3-Volume Series
  • Quinn's Gambit (AURA, #1)
  • The Lodestar of Ys
  • Booker's Song  (Elements of Dragonis, #1)
  • Mad Lizard Mambo (Kai Gracen, #2)
  • Balefire (Whyborne & Griffin, #10)
  • Bad Magic (Spell Slave, #1)
  • A King's Ransom
  • Flux (Ennek #2)
  • The Necromancer's Reckoning (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #3)
  • Out of the Ashes (Asheville Arcana #1)
  • Distant Rumblings (Lords of Arcadia, #1)
MEGHAN MASLOW is truly a rare breed. No, not a unicorn (although that would be sooo cool). She’s a—gasp!—extroverted writer.

She believes that life is meant to be lived. Preferably with lots of people around. Every day is an adventure, or should be. She’s spent a large portion of her life working and living in various countries in Africa. She’s multitalented, having perfected the art of eavesdroppi

Starfig Investigations (2 books)
  • By Fairy Means or Foul (Starfig Investigations, #1)