Start by marking “Admiring Ash (Love Letters #1)” as Want to Read:
Admiring Ash (Love Letters #1)

Admiring Ash

(Love Letters #1)

A is for Ash Heartford.
Adorable, strong, and independent.
Abandoned by his parents and attached to only one person—his little sister.
Attracted to River, the sultry man who saunters onto his doorstep with startling news.
Always yearning for more River, yet afraid to let him in.

Should he play it safe, or claim his legacy and risk losing his heart?

A is for Admiring Ash.

T
Published July 29th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Admiring Ash, please sign up.
Anyta Sunday Hey Carol,

Hey Carol,

Thank you for pointing these things out. College in New Zealand means High School in US, I slipped up. I changed it to High School, and the fixed version is now up on Amazon.

What's really important to me: I added in the line very late (post editing) to make Begging Ben (and later, Daring Duke) more consistent.
I feel so bad for my amazing betas and editors. It was MY mistake (one hundred percent, my mistake) and I don't want it to reflect on them at all.

So, the change has already been made and updated on Amazon, and I am happy to give anyone who has already purchased it an updated version of the story (just drop me an email at anytasunday@gmail.com).

My apologies again.

Best,
Anyta(less)

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Darlings, I'm sorry, but I need a soapbox, please.

*commences rant*

Authors, please stop using this model! He is undoubtedly the most overused cover model in the M/M romance genre, and seeing his smug face with the ever-present half grin and vapid expression makes me want to punch something.

*hides soapbox*

Cue review:

This is a very cute story, lightly reminiscent of Cinderella, with the late grandfather playing the fairy godmother and wealthy River playing Prince Charming.

And Ash is Cinderfella
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
It's never a good sign when I start skimming the sex scenes, because even though there aren't many in this book, I was so checked out that I simply didn't care.

I'm an Anyta Sunday fan going WAY back, but I've noticed a weird trend in her books recently. She has been edging towards this style where, during large chunks of the story, I feel like I'm missing something- like background information or a conversation between two MCs that happened off page. I get this sense of whiplash or disconnect,
☆ Todd
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it

After years of pushing all of his pennies into piles to raise his younger sister the best way that he could, 25 y.o. Ash finally caught a break, when a stranger showed up on his doorstep with an unexpected letter.

Upon the death of his adoptive granddad, 27 y.o. River was tasked with carrying out Lester's dying request. To contact his long-lost grandson and pass along his legacy, a bookstore named Silver Pines.

After having an extremely close relationship with my own grandfather, this story left m
Meags
3.5 Stars

I enjoyed the fairytale-esque feel this story had going for it. It was sweet, charming, and full of that trademark snappy banter Anyta writes so well.

With a Cinder-fella type vibe, the story follows Ash Heartford, a hardworking but financially struggling twenty-five year old who works his ass off around the clock to support himself and his teenage sister. Ash’s life is flipped upside down when Roy “River” Riverton, a charming stranger, shows up at the door of Ash’s tiny apartment and in
R * A Reader Obsessed *
3 Stars
Super super sweet with lots and lots of banter and a slow slow burn.

Ash has had it rough in life, and he barely makes it day by day to support himself and his younger sister all by his lonesome. When a sudden awesome windfall comes in the form of the charming River, who brings news Ash has inherited a bookstore from an unknown grandfather, he doesn’t quite know what to do with himself.

To put it succinctly, there’s personal reasons on both sides why Ash and River hesitate to act on their a
Virginia Books
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Two good men avoiding falling in love.

A modern fairy tale talking directly to my heart.

I loved it so much, it was so my thing from the beginning that I know I’ll fail in trying to explain why.
It contains super yummy ingredients perfectly mixed in a short length but with great depth. A beautiful box full of exquisite cookies, or better —and more acord to the book— a elegant library full of marvelous and unique books.

This is how I’ve imagined Silver Pines, the beautiful library where a
Elsa Bravante
Aug 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Leo cientos de libros al año, libros muy diferentes, cada uno tiene su momento y se corresponde con mi estado anímico, con lo que necesito en ese instante. Después de haber leído los tres primeros libros de esta serie, puedo decir que está escrita para cuando necesitas leer algo ligero, que te haga sonreír y sentir bien y con un toque sexy. Qué necesarios son a veces este tipo de libros y qué poca importancia les solemos dar.
De los tres publicados, este es el que menos me ha gustado, Ash me ha d
Ele
Aug 07, 2018 rated it liked it
*2.5 stars*

Sorry:( I usually love this author's work but this book felt a little underdeveloped. I didn't get Ash. Was he gay? Bi? Why did his mom kick him out? And Connor just jumping to conclusions and going AWOL without explaining? Nah, not my thing. I couldn't connect at all. I'll stick with the series though. Sounds interesting enough.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
2★'s = it was ok.

Anyta Sunday is truly a hit or miss author for me. She has written books I have absolutely loved and well, some books I'm not the biggest fan of. Unfortunately this falls in the miss category.

I am positive I am going to be the odd man out with this rating and review.

I did not understand so much about Ash. Why did he get kicked out? Did he not sleep with woman either or was it just men he didn’t want to “chase”. So much.

I understood the physical connection or at least the lust a
Jenn
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Oh God, I tried. I really, really did. I usually love this author. Leo love Aries and rock are two of my all-time favorite books, but I don't know what happened here. This felt like it didn't quite know what it wanted to be. I wouldn't call it romance, but I wouldn't call it self-discovery either. The plot centers around a man named Lester who has recently passed, that connects the two leads, River and Ash, but I felt like Lester overshadowed so much of the story without me really feeling his lo ...more
Bárbara
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I will probably end up editing/deleting the reviews for these three stories cause upon rereading them, I discovered that I hate them and I want to Dobby-slap myself over my inability to do words properly when positive emotions are involved (god knows I can write a review for a book I hated 24601x faster than for one I loved ugh)

*ARC provided by the author via A Novel Take*

First of all, I’m so thrilled about having been given the possibility of being a part of the launching campaign f
Gabriella (Gabi)
Epic fail!

Other than the one quote I highlighted there was very little I liked about this book. Namely, the secondary characters, Ben and Landon. I'll probably read their book, but I don't have high hopes for that either.
The writing was fine, I don't have any problems with it. But I can't mention anything that appealed to me in the storyline and I didn't particularly liked the characters either. I'm sorry.
Annika
Aug 01, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5 stars

It is interesting going into a book totally blind, not knowing the general premise - or even the name of the main characters… well knowing the name of one main character as that is in the title. But that's all I knew going into this book. It was interesting for sure not having any clue whatsoever what to expect.

Ash Heartford knows what it's like to have to count every penny, to go without a meal so that his sister can eat. To work 16 hour days seven days a week just to make ends barely
Truuss
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, m-m
What a beautiful emotional sensitive read, just wonderful.
It had splendor layers and not the heavy on your shoulders ones but those with the right pressure.

River lost his best friend... granddad Lester. Not his but Ash’s granddad. River has to handover a letter with important news for Ash.
Ash inherited Silver Pines from his granddad who he didn’t know he had. Ash is broke and has the urge to sell the property.
River, living on the richer side, tries to convince Ash not to sell but run the busine
Line
Mar 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
Freebie at the zon.com right now: https://smile.amazon.com/Admiring-Ash...
Tess
Aug 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-slow-burn
Bo
Aug 21, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5

This was an okay read, but not my fave by this author. There were also more editing issues than I'm used to by this author. However, it did keep my interest enough to go into the next book.
namericanwordcat
So, I am reading this and the whole I am trying to hold on to my suspension of disbelief. Its like I am trying to hold a beach ball underwater.

Why does Ash never look at the financials of the property and bookstore? How did Lester get his money? If private school cost so much, why is his sister there? Why is River so against love? Ash has some really confused thinking...

LOL and yet I kept reading. I love bookstores and I like River and Ash. The whole thing is nutso and barely developed in places
Ky
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, read-2018
First book in a new series and I went in knowing just that and that I like Anyta Sunday's writing.

In the end I was lukewarm about this story. It's a medium length one but I wouldn't say no to it being shorter as I think there were scenes that didn't need to be in the book. Generally I don't like the kindhearted, down in his luck character that sacrifices himself to help those around him and constantly finds himself unlucky in life. Ash was exactly that character, so even though he was nice and a
Ami
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars rounded up

Initially, I was worried when I started this book because the series -- as Anyta Sunday described it -- was described as sexy. Yes, I really don't like that description because immediately I think of stories that heavy on sex, that are all about instant-attraction, about lust. Sunday is one of the slow-burn Queens for me, so I'm not sure if I like this path she's taking.

Apparently I really don't have to worry much. I admit it IS sexier than her previous books, the sex scen
Emily Seelye
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, m-m
In which two men learn to look get over their fears and learn to love. Ash has watched his mother chase after men, repeatedly driving them away. River has watched his brother pine and lust after a straight guy forever. Can they get over their issues before it’s too late?

I loved this. There was an instant attraction, but both had their reasons to brush it off. As they spent more time together, they couldn’t help falling in love.

I loved this. We all know Anyta loves the UST and slow burn. Luckil
Kayleigh Brindley
Aug 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, lgbt, romance, series
You can find this review and more over on my blog My Endless Shelf.

Admiring Ash is the first book in Anyta Sunday's brand new Love Letters series. I absolutely love Anyta Sunday, she is one of my favourite romance authors and I was so excited to dig into this new series.

As with pretty much all of Anyta's books, Admiring Ash features a super-sweet, slow-burn romance.

Ash is a nice guy, with a wariness of men because of his mum's past experiences. He's raising his younger sister and working sever
JenMcJ
Aug 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. I was pleasantly surprised that the places that would have lead to potential unnecessary hurt feelings that then lead to disastrous decisions and long term heartbreak were avoided. I didn't expect that and I'm glad for it.

That said, this book also left a lot out and had some timing things that were baffling. Ash was kicked out when? Why? How did he read books to his sister after he was kicked out? How long was he on his own before his mom died and he got custody of his sist
⚔ Silvia ⚓
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was sent this book as an advanced copy for reviewing purposes, but all opinions are my own.

The story follows Ash, who works a lot of jobs to be able to pay for food and bills and most importantly to give his sister the education she deserves to have, and River, son of millionaires, who is still mourning for the loss of the old man who has been like a grandfather for him. The man who’s biologically Ash’s grandfather, and Ash never knew.

The two meet when River gives Ash a letter from the old m
*~*~Fawkes, Padfoot, and Prongs~*~*
My response to a GR pal's review [who frankly, manages to word it exactly right]:
I totally agree; these novellas were HORRIBLE!! I just didn't rate these novellas yet because frankly, I'm tired of rating duds and dishing out 1 & 2 star ratings o__O!! I'll rate them soon, but in the meantime, I'm totally done with this so-called "series"!!

See JenMcJ's review - RIGHT HERE - because like I said above, I TOTALLY AGREE!!
Alisa
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was very excited about this series and I Love that the author is releasing three books at a time. This was my favorite of the first three. Ash I could really identify with and River was just such a nice guy. A really kind and good person. I loved him opening so many doors for Ash. I loved the bookstore and the letters and the side characters, and really, just everything about this.
Achim
Aug 05, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5
I was provided a copy of this novella for reviewing purposes. All opinions are my own.

The first novella in Anyta Sunday's new series Love Letters was an adorable, fluffy delight that tugged on my heart strings.

Admiring Ash was the perfect series starter as it introduced us to a new collection of loveable characters (that each have their own novellas!). Starting off, we get to meet Ash and River. Ash was just lovely, and there were so many times I just wanted to give him a hug. He's our male Ci
⚣Michaelle⚣
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt
Just the kind of feel-good book I needed right now to recharge my brain for taking on some other, darker tales.

A well-written and engaging story, complex characters, hot sexytimes and a bit of humor. Exactly what I expect from Anyta.
Renée
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
  • House of Cards (Porthkennack, #4)
  • Best Love
  • Skater Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #3)
  • Hairy Harry's Car Seat (Lyon Road Vets, #1)
  • Out, Proud, and Prejudiced
  • Be My Best Man
  • Summer Stock
  • Love at First Hate (Porthkennack, #11)
  • New Heights
  • Painting with Fire (Survivors Find Love, #1)
  • Gabriel's City: A Tale of Fables and Fortunes
  • Without Chance
  • Undue Influence: A Persuasion Retelling
  • The Circus of the Damned
  • Heart of the Steal
  • Destiny Be Damned (Last Hope, #3)
  • The Boyfriend Game (#boyfriendsbybLoved, #1)
  • Concourse (Five Boroughs, #5)
Hey guys,

A bit about me: I'm a big, BIG fan of slow-burn romances. I love to read and write stories with characters who slowly fall in love.

Some of my favorite tropes to read and write are: Enemies to Lovers, Friends to Lovers, Clueless Guys, Bisexual, Pansexual, Demisexual, Oblivious MCs, Everyone (Else) Can See It, Slow Burn, Love Has No Boundaries.

I write a variety of stories, Contemporary MM R

Love Letters (4 books)
  • Begging Ben (Love Letters #2)
  • Challenging Chance (Love Letters #3)
  • Daring Duke (Love Letters, #4)