Start by marking “Slingshots & Key Hooks: 15 Everyday Objects Made from Foraged and Gathered Wood” as Want to Read:
Slingshots & Key Hooks: 15 Everyday Objects Made from Foraged and Gathered Wood

Slingshots & Key Hooks: 15 Everyday Objects Made from Foraged and Gathered Wood

With information on how to forage responsibly and suggestions on sources for the best wood to use, Geoffrey Fisher shows how the natural bounty of woodland can be used to stunning effect. Whether building a bee hotel or an insect house to help your garden's ecosystem thrive, crafting a slingshot, whistle, jump rope or cup and ball game to give away, or making a key hook or ...more
Published March 12th 2019 by Fox Chapel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Slingshots & Key Hooks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slingshots & Key Hooks

Rubayet Nusrat
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the book and really liked it. useful instructions and new projects. Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the arc
Becky
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It has been too long since I have come across a home and garden book that is unique in both the written part and the substance of the book. "Slingshots and Key Hooks" is refreshingly different. The author brings a fun approach to creating useful tools and games out of natural branches, without diminishing the professional quality of his products. The reader will learn so much while making something useful. You won't even need to go to a lumber yard! Just find the right branch in your own backyar ...more
Alicia Bayer
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore this book. As a forager, nature lover and a homeschooling mother of five, this book on ways to use foraged (fallen) wood appeals to me on so many levels. It's absolutely delightful -- wonderful written with clear instructions and lots of photos. I'll be posting a detailed review with photos (and hopefully a finished project or two) on our family foraging/homesteading blog soon at http://magicalchildhood.com/life/.
Kristine
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: amazon-reviewed
Slingshots & Key Hooks by Geoffrey Fisher is a free NetGalley ebook that I read in late February.

Practical objects to make out of wood - it's all about making do, appreciation for wood (easy to do, since the trees and moss look greener than green), and using a mix of hand & electric tools. There's about one picture per paragraph-sized step. I particularly liked the magnetic hook, a ‘dibber’ (aka planting awl), and the ping pong paddles.
Leyla Johnson
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love how this book is so gently on the envioroment both in the the material salvage from nature and the tools used. the items made are very beautiful and useful, and very easy to make. There are pretty wooden plant markers, clothes hooks, skipping rope handles, whistle, cup and ball game as well as the slingshot.
These items are beautifully made, far better than shop bought plastic, and cost only time, once you have the simple tools.
For someone who would like something elegant for their homes,
Denice Langley
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent book to teach anyone how to utilize what is around them. As a grandmother, I use it to teach my grandchildren about history and how to make the most of what is around us. We used slingshots growing up and my grandson has had a wonderful time using his. This would make an excellent gift for a father or grandfather.
The instructions are clear and the results pretty much guaranteed.
T.J. Burns