Start by marking “A Love Story (Stories, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Love Story (Stories, #1)

A Love Story (Stories, #1)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Jameson Harthorn and Alexander Breneman fell in love at the age of fourteen. At the age of seventeen, they lost it all. Now, at twenty-seven, they’re prepared to live out their lives separate and alone—neither man having the courage to find love again.

When Alex and Jamie come face to face for the first time in ten years, all the pain and heartbreak comes rushing back to m
Published August 30th 2018 by RTBT Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Love Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Love Story

Dawn Higgins
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OH MY, WHAT a book, WHAT a story, I absolutely devoured this book as it was never out of my hand,it was a captivating,heartfelt,emotional love story spanning over more than 10 years of true love.What a gripping rollacoaster of a book that had me gripped and flowed from the off.

It started back when Alex and Jamie were best friends and fourteen years old when there feelings changed from just friends to more,but nothing became of this until the age of seventeen when they each made there feelings kn
Julie
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In Abrianna Denae's debut m/m romance, we meet two boys, Lex and Jamie, and we watch them thru 10 years. We watch from their first moment of fully acknowledging each other as more than best friends and thru the years where they were separated.
As with Abrianna's first book, the characters are beautifully written and their lives are full of such emotional occurrences that the reader instantly falls in love with Jamie, Lex and even Rhys and Lex's family. Everything connects and it's like, even wit
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This book had me ugly crying but in the best way possible. It was so heartbreaking how Alex and Jamie we’re friends in the beginning and then their relationship became more intimate and then to have it all stolen away. Ten years later their cross paths again all the old feelings they have for each other begin to surface. Will they be able to move on from the hurt in their past to be together? Will true love be enough?
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book of this authors that i have read. The blurb is what hooked me in.
This book is full of angst and if thats your cup of tea then this is a must read!
Melissa Schaub
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I have read by this author and I am super impressed! I absolutely love M/M books but it is always nerve wracking to go to a new author in this genre but I loved it. This book goes back and forth over 10 years and this allows the emotions to really grip your heart as reading. The characters are great and I would love if Rhys gets his own book! This book is about love, loss, acceptance and second chances. It is a story I highly encourage you to read!

This story starts wi
Cathy
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a complex love story spanning a number of years, Jameson and Alex fell in love as kids, but things happened that tore them apart from one another and 10 years later they are thrown back together. Both have stories to tell and secrets they have hidden. The story goes back and forth through their lives, shown through each man's perspective and the struggles they have each gone through.

Neither appear to have been hardened by their pasts, just altered. Both are willing to take a chance and o
Serena Worker
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alex and Jamie have been best friends and when they are seventeen Alex takes the chance and lets Jamie know that he likes him, his gay, he didn’t expect Jamie to show him that he liked him too. That day changes everything for them.
Years later, Jamie is looking for somewhere to live, he doesn’t think much until the owner comes home and he sees none other than Alex, every emotion is brought forward from his past, Alex lets him know that despite everything the room is his.
Alex and Jamie realise the
Dara Nelson
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-blog
First off: this book was good, really damn good. It gutted me, it broke me, it healed me. Was it too angsty? Maybe. But this is a brand new mm author, it takes a little time to find that balance between too much and not enough. Did it need an editor? Desperately. But I’m hoping the final version had those bugs worked out. Was the POV a little confusing and hard to follow sometimes? Yeah but maybe that’s just me.
Most importantly, despite the issues listed above, I couldn’t put this down, I fell
Kaila
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
omg this was an emotional story.. so many raw emotions. so many things made me sad.. and then so many parts made me happy.. it was all around an awesome story and made me happy and sad at the same time. i loved it
Stephanie P
Karen
Bo
Michael king
Sep 02, 2018
Abrianna Denae is a twenty-one-year-old author living in Northern California. An English major, she has always had a passion for writing.
Deciding to sit down and write one of the many stories that had plagued her mind for years was the easy part—finding the time to do it was a different story.
Caffeine is her best friend, sleep is her worst enemy.
A lover of books that make the reader feel someth