Start by marking “Mummified Meringues” as Want to Read:

(Lexy Baker #10)

Murder hits a little too close to home for bakery owner Lexy Baker when a grim discovery is made in her homicide detective husband, Jack's, basement. With Jack as the main suspect, Lexy has to turn up the heat and find the real killer while still trying to whip up the perfect meringue cookie recipe for the Brook Ridge Falls Desserts Contest. Normally, she would enlist the ...more
Published November 7th 2016 by Nook Press (first published September 27th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Mummified Meringues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mummified Meringues

Start your review of Mummified Meringues
Evelyn Grabas
Really think I have had it with this series. First, Lexy should give Cassie at least a 50% interest in the bakery, as she seems to be the one who is there working all the time while Lexy gads about.
Second, if Lexy feels her parents need the money she owes them so badly, why doesn't she just go to a bank, get a loan and then pay the bank back when the house is sold. Or, is that too logical a thought?
The whole scenario is ludicrous. People just don't help their friends and neighbors hide bodies.
Melissa
Jun 26, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cozy Mystery Readers
I've read the previous books in the Lexy Baker series. "Mummified Meringues" fit right into the theme of the series - easy cozy reading. Each book in the series has been light, cute, and a super quick read. I would call the series "mind candy" - no blood or gore, no heavy thinking, no crazy twists, just silly and fun sleuthing. The story is far fetched, predictable, and a little corny, but that's what makes it fun. Nans and her geriatric pose's always add a bit of shenanigans and fun to each ...more
Diana
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book! Lexy's got her hands filled with trying to get her meringues taste just right for a baking contest while trying to solve a murder with her grandmother and their friends. Each character is fun, and I enjoyed how pieces of the puzzle came along little by little. And what's a little murder between family and friends? Fun story and I'll be reading more from this author.
Angel Graham
Lise
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mummified Meringues has Lexy and the gang chasing down a mystery from the 1950s. A murder occurred in the house directly behind the one which belonged to Mona and has now been purchased by her granddaughter, Lexy. Mona is acting suspiciously and Lexy fears that her grandmother may have been involved.

The inconsistencies in the timeline are concerning. Mona must now be well in her 80s and she acts decidedly two decades younger. Another detail was a mention of "Wheel of Fortune" on tv in 1955 when
Meredith Lahmann
Skip this one.
I have enjoyed all the Lexy Baker books, but this one commits the cardinal sin for me in a mystery. It stops; it doesn't end. I wont say who is implicated but either the mystery is not solved; or it is, and the whole cast of our favorite characters decide to let a vicious serial killer go and continue to live among them. The minimum a mystery writer needs to do is solve the mystery, not simply imply stop the story.
I gave this two stars instead of one because the characters of the
norma  linza
Nov 30, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Unbelievable

Poorly written, not proof read, and unbelievable situations that were not thought out.
Might have been a good story but I gave up.
Moved to slow and I gave up on interest over annoying issues.
Don't writers do outlines? Proofread?
Don't they have editors who give feedback?
If someone has the sun in their eyes as they are using binoculars, sitting in a car, they can't see in a dark house at a couple sitting in the couch, her in his lap. The curtains were drawn. They have a front lawn.
Mary Thomas
easy read on my daily commute...enjoyed the story until the end...why save the murder, should have turned the old lady in, mention a show not produced in 1955...wheel of fortune and always repeating that the crime was committed 50 years ago, when the murder was committed closer to 60 years, which would make all the elderly people much older than their ages in the book, and how is Nans going to call her friends in Europe, did they give her their hotel number...move the setting to 1965...the story ...more
Ellen White
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jack, Lexy husband had bought a house in which basement was full of items. Clearing out 50 years of junk the previous owner had. Sprinkles,
Lexy dog came across a hole, a wall that didn’t conform to the others. Secrets have been concealed for how long, and could they find out what had happen. Her books are always nice flowing cozy mystery. and one likes Lexy and Jack, and her bakery creations.
🌟Head in the Stars🌟
Bonnie Brang
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
This was a funny quick read which I enjoyed very much. I kept thinking of the Dixie Chicks song, Earls gotta die. Because it mirrored the song in that Earl was a missing person who nobody missed at all. ...more
Helen
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent cozy for a road trip audiobook. The Murder Club of senior sleuths are lots of fun, and the story was absorbing, if a bit improbable. I had a fair idea who the real murderer was by the last quarter of the book, but the outcome was quite a surprise, regardless.
Marcia-Lee Finocchio
Lexy Baker

Entertaining storyline about a body that was found in the cellar of a house that they want to sell. This is when the fun begins, Lexy, and the girls trying to find out who murdered the body from fifty years ago!
Terri Cloud
Fun with a Dangerous Precedent

Was funny to read with all the quirky characters. But the story was too obvious in many ways, and the ending left a bad taste in my mouth. However, the cookies did not.
Sallee Odwyer
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Misdirection

Thoroughly enjoyed the running around trying to figure out the murderer.It was a little dizzying,hoping it wasn't Mona. It was amazing they could remember things from fifty years ago. By the way Legos came to the U.S. in 1962.
Alayne
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a poorly executed story with far too much repetition (we don't need reminding 20 times that Lexy needs to pay her parents back for their loan), and the obviousness of the perpetrators of the crime was painful.
Joni
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mummified Meringues

Another well written Lexy Baker Cozy Mystery. This time there appears to be something strange going on with her grandmother, Nans. Dealing with a mummy, a dessert contest and a strange member of the community make for a fun read.
Donna Morgan
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lexy and Nan with a twist

Lexy and Nan with a twist. A murder, tight neighbors, and clue pointing to crime solving,granny, Nan. The old girls mystery solving club is at a disadvantage when Nan is “ disinterested in a murder.
Connie
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am not sure if it is because I chose this book and didn't realize it was #10 in a series; maybe the author had previously built characters and plot and ran out of steam, but this book was too silly to even be a "palate cleanser" between other books. I can't believed I even finished it.
Ping Naka
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Too funny the way everyone keeps telling Lexy that her meringue cookies need more sugar and she has to keep adding more and more sugar for the contest! Then after the contest she is told that her meringues have too much sugar!
cherry malcom
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mummified meringues

I enjoyed this book very much. I love this author. I never worry about vulgar words or graphic sex scenes. This book was entertaining and kept me guessing right up to the end. The characters were well defined and easy to relate to.
Gwen Samson
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mystery

The elder ladies of the town use the time and sometimes dubious means, to solve murders and other crimes. Central to these ladies is Lexy, the grand daughter of one of the ladies and who owns a bakery. Funny book with their antics but they fall foul of the GBP on this on.
Irene
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very easy reading cozy mystery . Lots of cookies being eaten while solving the murder . Strong characters and good storytelling
Valerie R.
Weird but fun

I've never read anything like this before. The conclusion is pretty much unbelievable, and the rationale is unfortunately pretty weak.
Tami
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Started out great but led to an unsatisfying end. Plot had major problems that I will not mention to avoid spoilers. I skimmed the last chapter just to finish. It had such potential.
Delia Papas
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

Great characters..LOVE the ladies they are my idol. I hope to be a cool grandma like Mans. Good friends and granddaughter
Carole Craddock
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Lexy Baker! This particular one has a different twist to it. Enough said!!!
Jan
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-on-kindle
Fun light read although the plot was very unbelievable and the ending very abrupt.
MABAIV
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book is definitely outstanding.
Lyn Jenkins
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
10 in and still wonderful.

Admittedly this time the real killer was easy to pick but you certainly had to get through a lot of misinformation.
« previous 1 3 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: #37 - Mummified Meringues 1 1 Feb 27, 2015 10:36AM

• Never Mess with Mistletoe (Leigh Koslow Mystery #10)
  • Murder in the Manor (An Ella Rose Cozy Mystery—Book 1)
  • Fur-miliar Felines (A Wonder Cats Mystery Book 7)
  • The Housewife Assassin's Killer Christmas Tips (The Housewife Assassin, #3)
  • Cozy Halloween Cozy Mystery Boxed Set
  • Sweet Revenge (Sweets Shop Cozy Mysteries Book 1)
  • Death in the Park (Firefly Junction Mystery #1)
  • Six Merry Little Murders: Christmas Cozy Mystery Novellas
  • Up in Smoke (Glock Grannies #1)
  • Breezy Friends and Bodies (Raina Sun Mystery #3)
  • Murder Above the Fold (Elder Witch Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Dead and Butter (Southern Psychic Sisters Mysteries, #1)
  • Horror in the Highlands (Reverend Annabelle Dixon Mystery #5)
  • Poison in Paddington (Cassie Coburn Mystery #1)
  • An Isle of Man Ghostly Cozy Collection - ABC
  • Murder at Mistletoe Manor
  • Too Cute to Kill (Jake and Emma Mysteries #1)
  • Paramour Bay Mysteries Books 1-3 (Paramour Bay Mysteries Boxset Book 1)
USA Today bestselling author, Leighann Dobbs, discovered her passion for writing after a twenty year career as a software engineer. She lives in New Hampshire with her husband Bruce, their trusty Chihuahua mix Mojo and beautiful rescue cat, Kitty.

Her book "Dead Wrong" won the "Best Mystery Romance" award at the 2014 Indie Romance Convention.

Her book "Ghostly Paws" was the 2015 Chanticleer Mystery

Lexy Baker (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Killer Cupcakes (Lexy Baker #1)
  • Dying for Danish (Lexy Baker #2)
  • Murder, Money & Marzipan (Lexy Baker #3)
  • 3 Bodies and a Biscotti (Lexy Baker #4)
  • Brownies, Bodies & Bad Guys (Lexy Baker #5)
  • Bake, Battle & Roll (Lexy Baker #6)
  • Wedded Blintz (Lexy Baker #7)
  • Scones, Skulls & Scams (Lexy Baker #8)
  • Ice Cream Murder (Lexy Baker #9)
  • Brutal Brûlée (Lexy Baker #11)