Start by marking “Platform: The Art and Science of Personal Branding” as Want to Read:
Platform: The Art and Science of Personal Branding

Platform: The Art and Science of Personal Branding

The indispensable guide to developing a personal brand, building an audience, and nurturing followers, by digital marketing thought-leader Cynthia Johnson.

In the modern world, influence is everything and personal branding equals influence. Platform is the why-to, how-to handbook by top expert Cynthia Johnson for everyone who wants to develop and manage a personal brand. In
Published February 5th 2019 by Lorena Jones Books

To ask other readers questions about Platform, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Platform

Nopadol Rompho
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It was written from someone who actually did it so it is so practical. Although I found that it's a bit lengthy but it is still very useful if you want to build your personal brand.
Teri Temme
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exceeded all expectations. A tremendous information source for establishing your personal brand and so much more!

Jennifer Walker
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to say, I was a bit surprised by this book. Everything I’ve been taught about personal branding are the repeating platitudes of “be authentically you” and “post everywhere 24/7/365” without going into much detail as to why or how. So I honestly expected much of the same advice. As I started reading this book, it dawned on me over and over again why I keep struggling with my personal brand and finding my authentic self. Primarily, I keep trying to follow the exact footsteps of those I admi ...more
Eustacia Tan
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I’m not sure how I heard about this book, but apparently, I wanted to read it enough that I placed a hold for it at the library for when it publishes. On a separate note, how cool is it that Overdrive will let you place holds on books before they come out?

Platform is supposed to be about the art and science of personal branding. Since I do the blogging for my company, I do want to know more about the type of topics that I can write about and how that can help the company brand, which is especial
Christopher
Apr 04, 2019 rated it liked it
We all have our own personal brands, but few of us appreciate that reality and fewer still cultivate, strategize, measure, and align our personal brands to maximize them for career, influence, goals, and financial success. PLATFORM is a useful beginner's guide to understanding what a personal brand is, why it is crucial to be its owner, and how to create, mobilize, and assess it.
Himanish Prabhakar
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is an extensive reach book where Personal Marketing and Branding is considered.

How you can make yourself a brand?
What things about you are your USP?
How you can build up your followers and become an Influencer?

If you wanna answers to these important questions then you need to read this book. This book is really informative, full of in-depth knowledge and love the way author wrote about each important aspects from being a normal person to an successful entrepreneur or an influencer with
Scott Pearson
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Johnson claims expertise in the field of digital marketing. Working in the world of software and playing in the world of writing, I can benefit from learning how to leverage the digital world in better selling myself and my work. This book certainly taught me a few things.

For one, Johnson is great at analyzing how to take social media and accomplish something worthwhile with it. Many of us use social media because it allows us to maintain relationships; few of us push it to the extremes that Joh
Sarah Olson
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cynthia Johnson and her team kindly provided me with a copy to review and giveaway after I contacted her. She was great to work with an has a lot of passion and enthusiasm for what she does. This is a great book and a short, interesting read for those interested in starting to build their personal brand or elevating the one they have. It doesn't come across like an information overload, and Cynthia does a great job weaving her own story and experiences into relevant research. I'm looking forward ...more
Sarah Rossetter, MD
I picked this book up at the library from the New section on a whim, and I'm so glad that I did. This is a great book for anyone who is trying to get their online presence under control and wants to know where to start. The author is knowledgeable and personable as she breaks enormous concepts down into practical, actionable steps for the reader. It is hard to believe this is her debut book, and she is definitely one to watch.
Bryan Myers
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
There is a lot of really good advice about branding. Not all of it feels applicable, and occasionally some of the pathways to success seemed more theoretical than practical.

But still, a lot of good advice to re-focus one's daily quest towards an ultimately successful brand.

The advice that resonated most with me was to spend more time on LinkedIn, trying to attract the job rather than find jobs to apply for. Building contacts for journalism on a larger scale could work in a very similar way.
Luki Susantini
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lots of insightful stuff in here on how to work on your personal branding especially with the help of social media.
She also explains a lot about which social media platform will fit us the best and how to maximize it.
Eduardo Rodriguez
Required reading for all experts

I love the clear, no BS, step by step communication style Cynthia has. I have never written a book review but I think this is a great one to start. Cynthia provides a guide to personal branding success that is more evaluable than the expertise itself.
Kimrey Rhinehardt
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quick read. Practical tips and advice on personal branding.
Rio Praditia
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the last paragraph hit me right on the face.

"Don’t practice humility so much that you become prideful in your humility. The world needs more real experts to be heard so that fewer fake experts can be heard."

This book really enlight me about what should I do and what I have done wrong.
Ken Hamner
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good book. Clear and articulate and filled with good tangible advice.
Chukwudi Barrah
Helpful bits of information spread far in-between. Might be good for people who have zero idea how digital marketing or personal branding works. Also, it is no longer up to date (at least the edition I read).
Siv
Oct 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
No denying the world has changed. Everyone who spends any time on social media of any form has a platform, whether or not they know it, admit it, or care about it. Johnson is bold, an actor who becomes any character she wants to be to live the life she wants. She has a lot to teach, and this book contains practical advice and real-life illustrations to back it up. I didn't always enjoy the book, and TBH, I'm more than a little overwhelmed by this new reality, but as they say, that's life.

"So if
Matthew Watkins
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved this book. Will definitely have to go through it again to take more notes and put it in to action.
Melissa