Start by marking “star bright” as Want to Read:
star bright

star bright

Seventeen-year-old Bright runs to stay alive. Her dad left before she was born, her mom died of cancer, and she’s spent years trying to numb her pain. She’s on the road to recovery when she decides to run an ultra-relay race in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It doesn’t hurt that Levi, gorgeous and nineteen, is on her team.

One terrible decision during the race changes everythin
Published July 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about star bright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about star bright

Crystal
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
This story was so much more than I was expecting. I knew going in that it was a thriller and that always speaks to me, but what I didn't know was how emotional Bright's story would be.

Star Bright is labeled as a thriller, but it is so much more than that. The main character Bright hasn't had an easy life and from the beginning the story pulls you into her life and its ups but mostly downs. I felt connected to her from the get go and I just wanted to know all the why's and how's of Bright's life.
Giselle
Oct 01, 2018 marked it as to-read
YA thriller fans! Request a review copy of this gem here: [closed - other review opportunities found here]
Lilly Charysma
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing rollercoaster! “Star Bright” is an emotional story, with thriller elements, so twice the gripping feeling! There are so many things I loved about it, but probably it’s best to go one by one.

Bright has had a lot to face for a seventeen year old girl. Left to fend for herself, she has hit a low point already. There is always that hope that somewhere inside she can find the strength to start over, properly. With proper counseling and a lot of effort, Bright is doing just fine – or i
Tonja Drecker
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Eerie and chilling on the inside and out, this thriller dives not only into the horrors of a mentally unstable kidnapper but into the dark corners of a girl overcoming her own demons as well.

Bright has never gotten over her father's disappearance and her mother's death through cancer, despite the care and security she received from her uncle. Her pain runs deep and the best way for her to fight it is to run. She's a very talented runner and likes nothing more than to pound marathons. When she co
Courtney James
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t want to put the book down. The story kept tugging at me. I loved witnessing the changes in Bright’s physical circumstances, and how they mirrored her emotional evolution. The book showed incredible insight into the teenage psyche from this former therapist turned writer. I can’t wait to read this author’s next novel! Loved it!
Elisa
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Suspenseful, raw emotion. An intense read.
Noorah Fatima
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Xpresso Book Tours for providing me with an advance copy.
When I first started reading Star Bright I thought it was going to be another YA novel with romance as the main genre, but I was completely wrong. This book is anything but boring, it’s fast paced, full of surprises and keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout. Bright’s character has so much depth and well layered that makes her so relatable and not like just any other book character. The major twist in the book threw me
Wendy
Sep 17, 2018
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

Fasten you seat belts because this ride is going to get bumpy. That's the warning that I wish was stated prior to being sucked into this masterpiece. Although I found the beginning a bit confusing it all makes sense in the end.

Bright Shelby has had a tough life. From her dad skipping out to her Mothers death and then there's the bullying. I honestly cried when she recounted the abuse at the hands of others. She's not a freak and she's not a bad person. Bright is a beautiful human b
Danielle Hammelef