Start by marking “¡Sálvese quien pueda!: El futuro del trabajo en la era de la automatización” as Want to Read:
¡Sálvese quien pueda!: El futuro del trabajo en la era de la automatización

¡Sálvese quien pueda!: El futuro del trabajo en la era de la automatización

El 47% de los empleos será reemplazado por robots o computadoras inteligentes.

¿Quién está preparado?

Con una prosa vibrante y lúcida, Andrés Oppenheimer encara un fenómeno que transformará radicalmente la sociedad: es probable que, en las próximas dos décadas, casi la mitad de los trabajos sea reemplazada por computadoras con inteligencia artificial.

Abogados, contadores, mé
Kindle Edition
Published August 24th 2018 by Debate

To ask other readers questions about ¡Sálvese quien pueda!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ¡Sálvese quien pueda!

Start your review of ¡Sálvese quien pueda!: El futuro del trabajo en la era de la automatización
Alexander Fitzgerald
I have been reading extensively on the topic of automation all year. Out of all the books I have read, Andrés Oppenheimer's work is the most comprehensive. He is an excellent journalist who deserves all the praise he gets.

This book is masterfully researched and presented. Mr. Oppenheimer educates while he entertains, and he is always fair. He interviews everybody important around the move automate jobs. He lets the optimists have their say and the cynics. He asks the critical questions to the r
Fred Forbes
Jun 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Browsing in one of my favorite book stores in South Florida "Books and Books" I came across an autographed trade paperback and picked it up. If you are like me, the title raises images of robots welding cars on an assembly line or lining up to do battle a la Star Wars. It turns out that far more than our vision of "robots", it is artificial intelligence that will have the most robotic influence. The book is interesting for a look at the various types of machines, how they will operate and whose ...more
Benjamin
Jan 09, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Creepy title = creepy content. I'm in. 🤖 ...more
Pritesh Pawar
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book.
While most of the people are under the constant threat that their jobs will be replaced by robots, AI and software.
The author says that those jobs which are repetitive in nature will be replaced soon. In fact, most of them are already replaced. For instance, the Rail Gatekeepers used to manually close/open the gates. Now, machines do that. But has the job disappeared? No. Machines will still need humans to operate them.
I have made a list of jobs which will are comple
Mike Stolfi
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes indeed they are, although I have to disagree with the overall rosy future for us all he's predicting will occur once the dust settles. . . ...more
William Schram
It’s no secret that jobs are disappearing. As technology advances, various skills and services are falling to the wayside. However, would this jobless state of being become a Utopian bliss or a Dystopian nightmare? Andres Oppenheimer writes a book to address these issues and many more. I don’t think he is related to J Robert Oppenheimer, but that isn’t really important. What is important is the points that this book raises.

So Artificial Intelligence is coming to its own teenage years. I actually
Weixiang
Like many similar books in this category, we could replace the entire title on how the tech industry is automating many of the jobs in the foreseable and future future. I've ran through 3 books this year on this topic and structurally as well epistemologically, it's all very similar. As with such structurally similar books, it goes as follows. Introduction, hey technology is going to take over your jobs, and here are some why it's a good thing or a bad thing. Then we go through each fields of th ...more
Abbey
POPSUGAR 2020: a book with a robot, cyborg, or AI character.

An examination of the past, present, and future of automation in the work force. I found it quite illuminating in the current political climate. The job market is shifting; in short, robots are taking over jobs that require the least amount of creative thought and analysis, freeing up more intuitive labor for people. If robots take over our more menial tasks, it give us the freedom to do the more complicated, non-data driven work. They
Patrick Pilz
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If the tone and the writing would not be so schematic and repetitive, I would give it 5 stars. The content is greatly researched and the impact of automation is at times surprising. I did not expect that automation makes labor costs so irrelevant, that adidas moved its manufacturing back from China to Germany. That is just one of the so many eye popping and interesting pieces of information presented in the book.

As my son is heading to college, I found some affirmation in the decisions he made a
Ajitesh Radhakrishnan
From exploring the concept of technological unemployment to apprising the reader of the dire urgency of shifting to non-conventional yet relevant skill sets, this book unearths the futuristic prospect of staying in the game despite the unnerving backdrop of threat from machine, robotic and AI domination in the coming decades. A must read for those who assume that their current workplaces are secure from being driven to the brink of obsolescence and an eye opener for those who believe there's eno ...more
Sasha
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First I would like to state that I received this book through the Goodreads giveaway in exchange for an honest review. I would like to thank the author for giving me this opportunity and honor in being able to read this book. When I received this book I began reading it at once. This book was interesting. It is very different then what I would normally read. The book is very well written. It has excellent investigative work. I recommend
Gladys Lopez
Andres Oppenheimer will always take the lead when it comes to economic and social analysis of Latin America. With this book, he predicts per field which changes are foreseen with this era of artificial intelligence. If the main factor of development is change, why not be prepared and evolve our careers on the leading fields. Finished the book considering myself as a tech optimist. The future is bright.

Side note, the title implies a negative move. Depends of how you handle change 😉
Kulveen Virdee
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting book, I found the chapters on medical care and education especially interesting. Since reading it, I’ve become aware of how much automation and the human presence in service industries are dwindling away. This was especially helpful to read as a parent in the sense that I’m getting a glimpse into what life, tech, job opportunities etc will look like for my child. Also helpful to learn about the things that I will need to hone in on teaching that tech won’t be able to.
Felipe CZ
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The future of automation in the coming years. Robots and computer programs will eliminate many jobs and transform others in industries like transportation, banking, law, and even medicine and journalism. But it will also expand free time of people and this will increase demand for other services.
Ivan Arcos
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
If you want to know or explore about the future of job you should read this book, Andres explains and refers to actual situations in different points of the world about the technology and how this will replace the humans in different activities.
Stephen
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Andres Oppenheimer knocks this one out of the park. This is an insightful work full of good website recommendations that is a pleasure to read. Five stars without hesitation.
Vanden
Oct 31, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't like this book. It doesn't provide any new knowledge and the book is written in short paragraphs as if they were citations and does not have a logical follow-up. ...more
Francisco Briceño
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
100% recommended

Excelente book with abundant and useful information for people of all ages. Should be a must read in schools and colleges
Jorge Martinez
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great investigation and interpretation of what is coming
Danny Cooper
Scary but not overly pessimistic, this is an important read for the policy-makers and general employees of the future!
Kirt
Jul 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: academics
I read the Blinkist abridgement.
Natali
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A suicidal book for poor mankind.
Ferhat Culfaz
Nice overview of the different jobs that will get automated. However some of the other professions he recommends I also believe could get automated very soon.
Osvaldo Navarro
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!
David Lopez
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Could be shorter, but gives a nice insight of how things could come up with the advance of automation
Matthew
Jul 06, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So much Trump bashing
Dorly
Dec 27, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting speculation on the future (present?) of robotics. Not ground-breaking in its assumptions, but a fast and easy read for people who are not into the subject.
Manuel González
Feb 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Nice overview of possible future outcomes, lots of examples. The level of detail of could be better. Nice book overall.
Vivian
Sep 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting look in to the possibility of automation in the future. Also shows the successes and failures of robots so far. The concept that people would be professional companions to the elderly like uber is interesting.
David
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent work and an exhaustive research; an interesting read and very useful information for everyone.
Goodreads Librari...: Can add # of Pages? 1 15 Oct 02, 2018 10:20PM

• El traidor: El diario secreto del hijo del Mayo
  • Véndele a la mente, no a la gente
  • Un daño irreparable: La criminal gestión de la pandemia en México
  • El libro negro del emprendedor
  • Tiempos recios
  • El milagro metabólico
  • Salvar el fuego
  • El olvido que seremos
  • El fin del mundo tal y como lo conocemos: Las grandes innovaciones que van a cambiar tu vida
  • Pep Guardiola: Another Way of Winning: The Biography
  • Aprendiendo de los mejores: Tu desarrollo personal es tu destino
  • El arte de hacer preguntas: El método socrático para triunfar en la vida y en los negocios
  • The Virgin Way: Everything I Know About Leadership
  • Mañanas milagrosas
  • 21 Lessons for the 21st Century
  • Los señores del narco
  • Invent and Wander: The Collected Writings of Jeff Bezos
  • La batalla por la paz
Andrés Oppenheimer es columnista de The Miami Herald y de El Nuevo Herald. Fue miembro del equipo ganador del Premio Pulitzer, ganador del Premio Ortega y Gasset , ganador del Premio Rey de España, y ganador del Emmy. Es autor de ¡Basta de Historias!, Cuentos Chinos, Saving the Americas y varios otros best-sellers.

News & Interviews

“Github es una plataforma de internet que usan los programadores para colocar sus proyectos en la nube y recibir sugerencias y aportes de sus pares.” 2 likes
“Edison dijo: “No fracasé 1 000 veces, sino que la invención del bombillo eléctrico requirió 1 000 etapas”.” 0 likes