Start by marking “The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)

The Wallflower Wager

(Girl Meets Duke #3)

They call him the Duke of Ruin.

To an undaunted wallflower, he's just the beast next door.

Wealthy and ruthless, Gabriel Duke clawed his way from the lowliest slums to the pinnacle of high society—and now he wants to get even.

Loyal and passionate, Lady Penelope Campion never met a lost or wounded creature she wouldn’t take into her home and her heart.

When her imposing—and
Expected publication: August 13th 2019 by Avon

Win a Copy of This Book

• The Wallflower Wager by Tessa Dare
    The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
    Release date: Aug 13, 2019
    Enter for a chance to win an early finished copy of The Wallflower Wager by Tessa Dare!

Wealthy and ruthless, Gabriel Duke clawed his way from the lowl

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 25 copies available, 2859 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jul 15 - Jul 31, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Wallflower Wager, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wallflower Wager

Sara Reads (mostly) LOTS of Romance
    Another Tessa Dare novel? ABOUT AN ECCENTRIC SPINSTER ANIMAL LOVER WITH A HOT GRUMPY ENGLISH PEER WE HAVE SEEN AGAIN AND AGAIN IN ALL OF HER BOOKS WHO DOESN'T HAVE A JOB BUT HAS ABS AND IS GREAT AT SEX???

COUNT ME THE FUCK IN BABY

OH MY GOooOOOoOD THAT COVER. FUC ME COVER. OH LORDY THATS A BEAUT COVER HOLY SHITE GAH I JUST WANT A MAN TO LOOK AT ME SWEETLY N DO THAT WITH ME
    LITERALLY CRYING RN K BYE

^^me looking at dat cover while im single in the lib procrastinating on my essay wearing an oversized
    Diem
    Aug 28, 2018 marked it as to-read
    'Lady Penelope Campion has a heart for wild and wounded creatures … but this Duke won’t be tamed.' (found on Tessa Dare's website)

*cackles for 5 minutes straight*
    Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
    5 STARS

I'm so in love with The Wallflower Wager, this is the best!I fall in love with everything and esecially the characters!I couldn't get enough of them.I laughed,I swooned and I melted with these two.Tessa Dare delivers a sweet,heartwarming and steamy romance!

description

Penny and Gabe are my favorite couple.I love their banter, they have an amazing chemistry.I laughed a lot with these two.Their dialogues were fun,entairten and sweet.There were some really hot and intense moments too to make you swoon.
    Sahitya
    As all you friends already know, I’m not much of a reader of historical romances, but when I discovered this series at the end of last year, I was surprised by how fun I found it and have been very excited for this third installment since then. I never ever expected to get this ARC though, so that was another delightful surprise.

Lady Penelope Campion aka Penny was always the most eccentric of the group and it was finally nice to get to know her better. She is a warm, kind and compassionate perso
    Kayla Brunson
    Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
    I enjoyed this quite a bit! The humor and Tessa Dare’s writing that you know and love makes this book a great addition to the series! I knew Penelope’s story was going to be a good one and I wasn’t disappointed.

This book started off with Penny losing her parrot and breaking into her new neighbor's house to catch it. You guys, it was a hell of a meet cute! Gabe didn’t know what to make of her. He thought he would be able to stay away, but he couldn’t help but fall for the crazy neighbor with all
    Esther
    ARC provided by Edelweiss and Publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I'm the odd one here with my three star rating, but I just had some issues with this storyline and characters. In my humble opinion this Historical romances had that "contemporary feel" that seems to be fairly prevalent in HR.

Review to come closer to publication.
    aarya
    2019 Ripped Bodice Summer Bingo: Next Door Neighbor

Bookstagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzy24O2Ah...

Tessa Dare at her best. Ridiculously funny, heart-warming, and poignant. You’re guaranteed to love it if you’ve loved her previous books. And if you haven’t yet tried Dare, this works as a stand-alone despite featuring characters from previous books.

The Wallflower Wager has the following:

🐍 Slytherin/Hufflepuff pairing + heroine that is literal manifestation of sunshine and kindness + Duke o
    bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]

how am I expected to wait for this? I need more of THIS SERIES. I want to read about two-legged dogs and goats with sensitive stomachs and cute hedgehogs.
    Kitty
    Jun 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
    for several months now, I am like what is this book where at the end there was a big dog in a park...I am desperately looking for it

as I can't find the book, i decided today to re-read all my historical romance I read the last 2 years.
    And I got the 2 first books of this serie on my kindle then I was like oh but I need this book! did I forget to buy it?
    nooooo 1 more month to go before it is out!!! >_< I need it now!
    Denise Lima
    Gabe: A-
    Me: description

ARC provided by Edelweiss and Publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Honestly, right now I’m still very euphoric and ecstatic and ridiculously excited, so I’ll have to write this review in portuguese (my native language) because I’m not sure if I'll be able to express myself well enough in english.
    But basically what I’ll say is how in love I’m with Gabe (AND PENNY), and how I adored everything about the girls (AND THE BOYS) friendship, and how Tessa Dare is such a wonderful human
    Angie
    "No one can be reduced to numbers in a ledger, or a stack of banknotes, or a single silver coin. We are humans, with souls and hearts and passion and love. Every last one of us is priceless. Even you." --Penny

As expected, Tessa Dare has once again written a novel that is capable of speaking to so many people on many different levels. I myself was able to relate to Penny on such a base level as I see so much of myself in her--our shared love of animals, our continued optimism and hope in the fac
    Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    I'm now looking at craiglist for possible parrots rescues, lol!

GAH! I couldn't love this book more!
    This was such a real treat to read, delightful in every respect.
    The Wallflower’s Wager was incredibly hilarious, charming and hot, SO, so hot! I’m talking positively scalding steam here!
    If you’re looking for a pick-me-up, call off the search, this is the book you’ve been looking for! YES, YES, OOH! YES!

A neighbors to lovers/ pauper and the princess trope / beast and the wallflow
    Melissa
    May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Hello, yes, new Tessa Dare book, with SO MUCH banter. I love it - banter between Penny and Gabe and, my favorite, banter between Gabe, Ash, and Chase in one scene that made me laugh so hard I almost fell out of my chair (there’s also a dirty-mouthed parrot in this book and a clear homage to Mrs Danvers). But there’s also a darker side to this book, one where both Penny and Gabe have old wounds and scars that have to come to light. Penny is lovely and brave.

And there’s a tiny hook for Nicola’s b
    Gretchen  (About That Story)
    I absolutely adored everything about this. A highly entertaining read full of all these wonderful moments and great friendships and so much love. It filled my heart and left me with a huge smile on my face. I loved every second!

Full review to come.

Complimentary copy received for honest review.
    nick

4.5/5

Oof so swoony!
    Navessa
    Apr 15, 2019 marked it as to-read

WANT.
    Haze Prado
    Finally saw the blurb😍😻

They call him the Duke of Ruin.

To an undaunted wallflower, he’s just the beast next door.

When her imposing—and attractive—new neighbor demands she clear out the rescued animals, Penny sets him a challenge. She will
    Jaci
    Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    At Last!! Penny gets her Duke!! Lady Penelope Campion is the sweetest young lady with a tender heart who rescues animals that most people would just as soon throw away as look at them. A dog with wheels instead of hind legs, a parrot from a brothel who has foul and hilarious one-liners, a goat with digestive problems and a hedgehog who likes her belly rubbed. Just to name a few. She is a true romantic, who loves her friends and wants everybody to be happy. As for herself, she never goes out into ...more
    Kiala Singleton
    Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I was given an ARC from Edelweiss for a fair and honest review.

Words cannot describe how much I absolutely love Tessa Dare and her Girl Meets Duke series!

This book is about Penelope, who is more comfortable with animals than she is with other humans. She meets Gabriel when he moves in to the house next door so that he can renovate and sell it and when they first meet the attraction is both instant and hilarious.

Faced with an ultimatum by her family, Penny and Gabriel join forces and work togeth
    Clephiro (The Book Coven)
    May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: romance
    It's a Tessa Dare novel. You know what to expect: witty banter, tortured heroes, and romance. Also, inherent goodness even in the badest of rogues. Seriously, the 'Duke of Ruin' is a teddy bear, trying to rehome some of Penelope's animals. Even going so far as to try to find them a farm to live on. Penelope is eccentric but loveable, and the whole thing is enjoyable from start to finish. The only thing to be aware of is trigger warnings for (view spoiler), ...more
    Vale
    Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
    4.5
    Loved it,tessa dare's books are always amazing
    Marid
    Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    4.5. Maybe 5. I really super loved this book. Best in the series so far. It's funny, it's sweet, it's steady and lighthearted. It has intense moments and subject matter-- all given proper weight-- but it never drags the reader under. Ever.

Tessa Dare's books are confections, in the best way. She never takes herself too seriously, and neither do her characters. I love them all-- every last fabulously theatrical one of them.
    Kim
    Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: 4-stars
    I kept seeing this series and actually have them on my kindle, but did not get around to reading them yet. But something about this synopsis just pulled me in and I wanted to give this new-to-me author a try sooner rather than later. And even though the characters from the first books were featured in this one, it can be read as a total standalone and it just makes me want to go back and read more about their courtships. This is a quirky and loyal group of friends, and it is now time for them to ...more
    Erica Chilson
    I received a free copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

5 Stars

Spoiler-Free Review

The Wallflower Wager is the 3rd installment in the Girl Meets Duke series. Can it be read as a standalone or out of series order? Most definitely. While I did read the last in the series, I did so without reading the debut. I had zero confusion, just rolled with it. However, I do eventually plan on going back and reading the beginning.

Penny is on the shelf, done so deliberately, living alone in
    Elodie
    Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    The debut scene was everything I love in Mrs Tessa Dare’s work, a lovely and lively miss struggling to find a way to solve the issue she is facing and meeting the hero at the worst possible moment.

How I laughed from they antics and witty banters to Penny’s pets having their own mind.
    Their inability to not shred their clothes in no other way possible otherwise than in tatters

This was a sweet journey where Penny with her way of caring for the unfortunate, is able to see behind the mask of the Duke
    Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
    The Wallflower Wager by Tessa Dare

5* review from Nicole @ Emerald Book Reviews

‘“We are who we are.”’

This small, yet extremely powerful and poignant quote, pretty much sets the tone for The Wallflower Wager.  It’s a masterpiece of learning to love yourself because of your flaws, despite your past hurts and experiences and celebrating the quirks and bad moods that make you, you.  Author Tessa Dare delivers another truly remarkable love story, about loving who you once were and now are, and loving
    Alison
    Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

When it comes to historical romance, for me, no one beats Tessa Dare and this is definitely one of her best. It sparkles with all of Dare's usual humour and wit and the romance is hot, hot, hot. I started this on my way home from work one Thursday evening and had the whole thing finished that night. It was exactly the break from reality I needed after a long a stressful day.

This is the third book in the Girl Meets Duke series so there are some familiar faces from the previous books but
    Kelsey Hudson
    Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: edelweiss
    The Wallflower Wager is the third book in the Girl Meets Duke series by Tessa Dare, and it is delightful! I read it in a single day because I couldn’t put it down. Lady Penelope Campion is known for being an eccentric, vegetarian, animal lover, and while she has a small group of trusted friends and lots of animals, she’s rather lonely. Her new next door neighborh, Gabriel Duke, known as the Duke of Sin, is a mean guy who is known for buying out the debts of others and ruining them through extort ...more
    Rebecca
    Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    You know when you finish a book and just want to hug it close? That's me after finishing this book.

It was just so utterly satisfying to read. It had fluff, romance, sexy times, drama and fun. I am so glad I read it and will happily read it again and again. I've never been disappointed by Tessa Dare and there was no concern that would happen here either. I loved reading Penny's story and she so deserved this book.

At the start you know little of Penny apart from her large collection of unwanted an
    « previous 1 3 next »

• Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
    • First Comes Scandal (Rokesbys #4)
    • One Fine Duke (School for Dukes, #3)
    • A Dark and Stormy Knight (Victorian Rebels, #7)
    • Ten Things I Hate About the Duke (Difficult Dukes, #2)
    • When a Rogue Meets His Match (Greycourt, #2)
    • The Devil Comes Courting (The Worth Saga #3)
    • Say No to the Duke (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #4)
    • Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels, #5)
    • The Scoundrel in Her Bed (Sins for All Seasons, #3)
    • This Scot of Mine (The Rogue Files, #4)
    • A Rogue by Night (The Devils of Dover, #3)
    • When a Duchess Says I Do (Rogues to Riches #2)
    • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
    • The Austen Playbook (London Celebrities, #4)
    • Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
    • Dukes Are Forever (London Steampunk: The Blue Blood Conspiracy #5)
    • The Devilish Lord Will (MacKenzies & McBrides, #10)
    Sign up for Tessa's newsletter and be the first to hear about new books and hot deals! http://tessadare.com/newsletter-signup/

Tessa Dare is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fourteen historical romance novels and five novellas. Her books have won numerous accolades, including Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® award (twice!) and the RT Book Reviews Seal of Excellen

Girl Meets Duke (3 books)
    • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
    • The Governess Game (Girl Meets Duke, #2)