Start by marking “Caught in the Current (Cape Cod Shore, #2)” as Want to Read:
Caught in the Current (Cape Cod Shore,  #2)

Caught in the Current

(Cape Cod Shore #2)

Published September 24th 2018 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Caught in the Current, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caught in the Current

Start your review of Caught in the Current (Cape Cod Shore, #2)
Maria
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
FREE today (August 22, 2020) on Amazon. [edit]

++ Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review ++
A quote (from ARC):
“He wasn’t the type to be insecure about his scars - he was too practical for that (…)” – loc. 898.
“Caught in the Current” is a riveting story with such wonderful characters! I found it so refreshing to read a wounded war veteran that wears his scars with ease (yet not flippantly).
Jay is a guarded man, but so endearingly ready to commit and give his heart, that I w
Anna
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read and reviewed an copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Thanks to the author

It's a clean romance. It's more suspense than romance though.
I liked this book a lot. I liked author's style, plot and both MCs and SCs.
Both MCs had some strong buggage: but at least the H had always his caring family, poor heroine did have shitty parents. She made herself strong, sufficient and efficient person. With no heart and no feelings for herself.

I liked how blossomed relationsh
Bonnie Gonzales
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read and loved the first book in the series, and really got into this one fast to. I took a sneak peek at the next book, and oh I cannot wait to read it.
Both Jay and Alex’s characters were so great, I really cared for both of them, and Jay’s family gave the book that warm heartfelt family feeling.
My recommendation is don’t miss this series.
Janine
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I couldn’t put this book down.

Retired Marine, Jason Hall, just found out his nephew, Luke, has been kidnapped by his unstable father who was recently released from prison. Jay needs to find Luke as quickly as possible before he ends up in danger. Alexandra “Alex” Macintyre, Jay’s friend who is a private investigator, immediately jumps into action to help find Luke.

Because of a tragedy that happened to Alex when she was younger, she has dedicated her life to helping reunite people with missing l
Sawyer  ❤ LoveSawyer.com
Two sentences into the description I knew I would be reading this book. There was so much potential. Unfortunately, the description was the best part.

This wasn't the book for me, it pushed a whole bunch of my buttons and I struggled to understand the rational behind some of the inclusions in the story. The story itself was good but I feel it was wrapped up and packaged poorly. Let me explain.
Paula Pugh
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Caught in the Current is the second offering in the Cape Cod Shore series. In it, Jason Hall, retired Marine, seeks out private investigator, Alexandra Macintyre, in the search for his kidnapped nephew. Jason and Alexandra have a short history and the chemistry between explodes as they race against time to find the nephew.
They do not know is what they have together is strong enough to be more than a short thing again. Alexandra has a past that haunts her of an abducted sister and Alexandra’s lif
Yvonne Cruz
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
The author takes us back to Cape Cod and this time the story belongs to Retired Marine Jason/Jay Hall, who also helps returning soldiers adjust to life as a civilian, and Alex MacIntyre, a P.I. whom he met a while back and to whom he was immediately attracted.
When Jay’s nephew is abducted by his criminal biological father, Jay asks Alex for help.
Alex ,a successful PI, dedicates most of her time in helping families whose children are abducted. Few know the reason for this. As a matter of fact, f
Bette Hansen
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
This was just an ok read for me which was too bad because I thought there was a great story in there just waiting to come together and burst free. Instead it felt rushed to me. That said the core of the story is solid. Jay and Alex are both strong dedicated characters and their hunt for Luke and the urgency they are working under could be felt. In the end my biggest complaint is that there just needed to be more of this story. Still I would recommend.
Donnajo
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read a advanced reader's copy of this book for a honest opinion.

Caught in the Current by Charlee James, book two in The Cape Cod Shores series, a great addition to the series. Likable characters and a great plot. Looking forward to reading more in this series and more by the author.
Emma
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Caught in the Current by Charlee James
Retired Marine Jason Hall is a force to be reckoned with. When his nephew Luke is kidnapped by his fresh-out-of-jail father, he knows there’s one woman he can count on to help in the search. The last time he saw private investigator Alexandra Macintyre, they were steaming up the windows of her black SUV. Forgetting the scorch of her lips against his hasn’t been easy, but Jay knows the crippling pain of betrayal far too well.
Alexandra Macintyre is no stranger
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Scars are intimately, individual things, and how a person bears those scars is as unique as they themselves are. The reality is that the scars that can be seen and dealt with, one way or another, are just as real as those scars that lay hidden beneath the skin where the memory dwells, lingers and cannot let go. Jason and Alex both bear scars from their pasts, in the long run Jay’s may be more easily dealt with for Alex’s scars lie deep in her childhood and continued
Paula
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Caught in the Current is book two in the Cape Cod Shore series by Charlee James. Each book so far has been self-contained with very little overlaying of the stories, so you can completely enjoy this book without having read the first book. In fact, it is very different from the first books as far as story line goes except that there are children in both, but even that is very different.

Much of this story takes place on the road but it does originate at the Cape Code Shores location. It is reali
Shelagh
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Second in the Cape Cod Shore series, Caught in the Current is a contemporary romantic suspense. The story sees private investigator Alex partnering with former marine Jay in a road trip to rescue Jay’s nephew, who has been kidnapped by his biological father.
Both Alex and Jay have baggage aplenty. She’s been traumatised by the kidnapping of her little sister when they were young children and the appalling way her family has treated her since then. He’s reluctant to enter into a relationship after
Shari
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book of finding love when you least expect, even though they did share a scorching kiss once before. When retired marine, Jason's nephew goes missing he knows the one person who can help him, PI Alex. The two unite fronts and go on a road trip to find Luke. They both have pasts that have held them off from perusing romantic forevers until now.

This was a fast paced book that I could not put down. Loved finding out the back history on Alex , it just made my heart hurt. The grief that
Carolyn's
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Jason's nephew is missing he knows exactly who can help and by means the police can't imploy. Alex is the sexy woman with a backbone of steel he had a hot and heavy make out session with. She runs her open PI firm and does pro bono work when it comes to missing children. The reasons behind that aren't known to many but soon Alex allows her walls down and Jason in her inner circle.

Jason has a big supportive family and he will bring his nephew home. He also knows Alex doesn't have that famil
Leigha Sipes
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
I pray this Author chooses to do more research rapidly, but this is terribly weak writing.
The amount of grammatical errors is unbelievable,
With pronouns used for him when speaking about the Female Alex.
The flow of the story and explaining the characters is confusing, weak, sometimes illogical.
The Marine Jay, has worry thoughts about his missing nephew, Luke, that don't fit the timeline of the boy missing already for longer than 3 days; Also, the 'WORRY' thoughts are NOT what a marine would t
Cheryl
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
My first book from Charlee James, but I’ll be back for more. While the search for Luke, Jason’s nephew, had a quick turn around time, I thought the pacing of both the story and Jason’s relationship with Alex was right on target. Having Alex be the wary one and Jason ready to go all in with her was an interesting change of pace...when it’s usually the male in the couple who is commitment-shy.
MY one caveat would be to categorize this book more as a contemporary with suspense overtones, rather tha
Sandi Ramirez
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh My word author Charlee James sure knows how to pen a story that gets my attention and has me searching for answers as the story moved on. If you read the first book in this series In with the Tide you will recognize Alex and Jay this is an expansion of their story and more. J

Jason or Jay is a PI who is looking for a missing child in this book. One very important to him and who he thinks has been kidnapped by the child's estranged father. Alex goes along with Jay looking for the child and thin
Linda Rea
Nov 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
When Alex agreed to help Jay find his kidnapped nephew she was happy to see Jay again but she couldn’t enjoy him as she felt she didn’t deserve it.
Jay knew Alex was the best for the job and she was so easy to get along with but they can’t get sidetracked Jay’s nephew is possibly injured.
This story has a bit of danger and some romance but it is really about how you feel about yourself and it was fun to read.
Peggy Clayton
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book as the storyline is one that I have not read in all of the 100's of books that I have read. It was a missing person and two people are tracking him down states away. Then all of the little things start to happen. The cover fits the story just perfect. Charlee really hit this one over the fence for a home run! ...more
Jacki
Part of a series: Cape Cod Shore
Standalone
HEA
Epilogue

I had a hard time staying interested in this book.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC from NetGalley.
Yvonna
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Broken hearts can be mended

Alex and Jay are both in need of TLC, she from the blame her family poured on her since she was 8 years old and he from the blame he poured on himself through an event during war.
Linda Zelinsky
Sep 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a very heart warming story. Two people who have serious commitment issues, come together looking for Jay’s kidnapped nephew. During their search they come to learn about each other’s issues. Great story!
Marilyn
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good

This is the story that the second one in this series and it continues the relationship between two people who.
Lorraine Anton
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great

I loved this story. I loved reading it 💘.The characters are wonderful together. The plot was written exceptionally well.Read it for yourself.
Kathy Shields
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great characters, anyone without a dog will want to go adopt a 'Hank' of their own. ...more
del l perry
Jan 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Redemption

The family dynamics were engaging and honest. The different personalities intersect realistically. Jay & Alex worked well together. Nice romantic suspense.
Teresa
May 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Sweet romance

A sweet and thoughtful romance with compelling characters and an engaging premise. Also about navigating past trauma to find both love and peace.
Sue
I’m so glad I stumbled on this series. This book was terrific as was book 1. I’m so excited to be able to now start book 3. Charlee has created some wonderful characters, all with some flaws that they do a good job working on.
Bec

4.5 Star Review Posted at HarlequinJunkie.com

When Jason ‘Jay’ Hall’s nephew is kidnapped, he’ll do anything to get the child back. Hiring PI Alexandra ‘Alex’ MacIntyre is the best decision he’s made, especially when she’s so driven to help. But when Jay discovers how much guilt she holds inside herself over a tragedy in her past, will he be able to help her heal or are her wounds too deep to move past in order to achieve their happy ever after? Read More

• Hometown Girl (Into the Storm, #6)
  • In Deep Water (Pajaro Bay, #3)
  • All In (Sleeper SEALs, #9)
  • Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Wishing for A Hero, #3)
  • Merry Me (Holiday Romance Novel, #1)
  • Texas Cowboy's Protection
  • Promises to Keep
  • A Hero's Heart (Resolution Ranch, #2)
  • Rafe (Texas Boudreau Brotherhood, #1)
  • Elsa's Stand (Outback Brides Book 3)
  • Roaming Wild (Steele Ridge, #6)
  • Christmas on Main Street (Santa’s Secret Helpers #1)
  • Anchor (First to Fight, #1)
  • Rocky Mountain Haven (Six Pack Ranch #2; Rocky Mountain House #2)
  • Choosing Happily Ever After (Ever After, #1)
  • Between Now and Forever (Callaways, #4)
  • Securing Sidney (SEAL of Protection: Legacy, #2)
  • Claiming the Cowboy for Christmas (Hills of Texas, #4)

Cape Cod Shore (3 books)
  • In with the Tide (Cape Cod Shore Book 1)
  • Dangerous Water (Cape Cod Shore, #3)